The RAMBII (Oram: Kurt Rambis could be next Lakers’ President of Basketball Operation?)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:52 am    Post subject:

LaxT wrote:
kwase wrote:
LaxT wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Jeanie is like a little, innocent girl that's being manipulated by the evil Rambii. How else can an owner keep everyone in the front office after a season like this?

It’s been said in more then multiple occasions that Jeanie prioritizes friendship and money over winning, no one in the Organization has the power to over-rule her for the lack of competence in the FO, we are gonna be stuck in this situation and need to just hope that the roster and players they bring in is good enough to let us forget about the idiots running the team.

But winning brings in the money, though. As the team loses and the Laker brand fades, fans will stop supporting the team leading to significantly less revenue every year. I'm sure she's aware of that, I think.

Mediocrity is the worst option in term of attracting fans and thus generating money. That's why teams would rather rebuild than taking the mediocrity treadmill. The question is the timing and courage of pressing the rebuild button, and the narratives/stories to maintain fan support through the down years.

It's debatable whether it's possible to have a contender with the same core of LBJ+AD. What matters is LBJ's take to this question. If he thinks yes, Westbrook will be traded for whatever package possible, and the FO will further mortgage the future to assemble a semi competitive team.

If his verdict is no, he has two options, ask for a trade or play out his contract.

Among the three possibilities, trying to contend, trade, or a circus tour of succeeding the scoring title as a Laker, LBJ makes the call, and the team has no choice but to accommodate him. Worst outcome, basketball wise, would be a combination of 1 and 3. But it might be the easiest option for Jeanie and her inner circle, financially and mentally, for next season.

Why does it matter what he wants? He's moved around the league to suit his personal needs and has been the inventor of what his media disciples claim is the "Player empowerment movement", which basically means he doesn't take into consideration the fanbase...he thinks teams only consist of the owners. I'm pretty sure most other NBA players know this as well, so I don't see how they would view us trading him as a bad thing when he's taken the best players from other teams to better his situation.

I can't speak for Jeannie or any of the other Buss siblings, nor do I have a crystal ball, but I just don't see how a farewell tour and a points scoring record generates that much more money other than a few more nationally televised games. The Lakers have, as long as I've been a fan, always been in the media whether we're good or not. This year alone proves that.

I mean his take on whether it's possible to have a contender with the same core of LBJ+AD. It will decide how he approaches next season. You don't think this matters? Fine.

Trading LBJ a bad thing? Why? I support that. But my preference does not matter, his does. LBJ decides where he goes and pretty much the direction the Lakers will take.

The worst scenario, imo, is him asking the Lakers to further mortgage the future to assemble a semi competitive team, and walk out the door next year, leaving the team in abyss. Do the Lakers decision makers have what it takes to reject that? We shall see.

Yeah we shall see no doubt. IMHO this off season comes down to doing what’s best for him, or doing what’s best for your company. Does Jeanie value that championship so much that she’s willing to put the future of the franchise in a much worse situation or does she do what he has done throughout his career and only think of self. Gonna be interesting for sure.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 4:39 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
ESPN’s NBA Draft Analyst Mike Schmitz is finalizing a deal to become an assistant GM with the Portland Trail Blazers, sources tell ESPN. Schmitz will play a significant role with new GM Joe Cronin in leading the Blazers’ domestic and international scouting departments.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1529984490159984678?s=21

Mike Schmitz >>>>>>>>>> Kurt Rambis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 4:44 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Quote:
ESPN’s NBA Draft Analyst Mike Schmitz is finalizing a deal to become an assistant GM with the Portland Trail Blazers, sources tell ESPN. Schmitz will play a significant role with new GM Joe Cronin in leading the Blazers’ domestic and international scouting departments.

jeanie should hire jonathan givony
DD20045
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 10:29 am    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
Quote:

jeanie should hire jonathan givony

She should just hire jesse to take over.
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 3:21 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
This is potentially big: Not only has Ham been "promised the autonomy to pick his coaching staff" but Marc also reports that he has "received assurances that Lakers senior advisor Kurt Rambis will not be a regular presence in coaching meetings like he was with Vogel."

https://twitter.com/hmfaigen/status/1531048447524057088
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 3:24 pm    Post subject:

Jeannie can create some phantom titles within the organization and reward her buddies and their family member with good $$$ but keep them away from any basketball decision making.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 7:28 pm    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:
This is potentially big: Not only has Ham been "promised the autonomy to pick his coaching staff" but Marc also reports that he has "received assurances that Lakers senior advisor Kurt Rambis will not be a regular presence in coaching meetings like he was with Vogel."

https://twitter.com/hmfaigen/status/1531048447524057088

Nooooooo!
We need your input Kurt!
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Scherm
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 2:19 pm    Post subject:

Rambis publicly belittled Vogel in the locker room and in the hallways in front of the players and staff.

The players were quoted as going to sportswriters with a collective "WTF?"

The farther Darvin Ham can keep him from the locker room, the better.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:24 am    Post subject:

The sad thing is they did that to a coach who won a ring. A guy that took Indiana to the ECF twice and they were a contender with just Paul George and quality role players, elite defensive teams.

To now give an unproven rookie coach that authority and respect, lol. I just don't get it. Vogel had his flaws, I'm sure, but he deserved way more respect than the franchise gave him. It is what it is.

Look at the names of coaches who have won rings since 2000.

Phil Jackson 5
Pop 4
Kerr 3
Spo 2
Riley 1
Rivers 1
Nurse 1
Budenhozer 1
Lue 1
Larry Brown 1
Carlisle 1

Dudes are all well respected and given a lot of authority and respect at their position after winning a ring (if they choose not to leave for more money/retirement). It's still mind boggling we had Rambis chew out Vogel, when Vogel is 10 times better a coach than Rambis ever was in Minnesota, New York or LA.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
clutchkobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:01 pm    Post subject:

rambis has been a voice in the laker organization for over 10 years. this is nothing new. He was a big voice with phil jackson and this has continued. I dont think linda is giving basketball advise....she is helping with jeanie side of the wheel...marketing. Nothing has changed.....Pelinka is the change that is needed.
giordan0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:20 pm    Post subject:

Scherm wrote:
Rambis publicly belittled Vogel in the locker room and in the hallways in front of the players and staff.

The players were quoted as going to sportswriters with a collective "WTF?"

The farther Darvin Ham can keep him from the locker room, the better.

Kurt can't help himself.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:11 am    Post subject:

clutchkobe wrote:
rambis has been a voice in the laker organization for over 10 years. this is nothing new. He was a big voice with phil jackson and this has continued. I dont think linda is giving basketball advise....she is helping with jeanie side of the wheel...marketing. Nothing has changed.....Pelinka is the change that is needed.

He has had a voice, but for example, he was once an assistant on MDA's staff (People forget). Then he went to the Knicks, I think. He has never been anythig more than an assistant level coach, as a HC a complete failure and he has no place being in an authoritative coaching role over Vogel.

Phil Jackson is a different thing, at least he has a proven head coaching resume and commands respect from his players and staff around him. I promise you, Phil would not be talking down Vogel infront of his players, knowing how that would be viewed by the players. There's things Phil does that are awful, but as a coach he knows his stuff. Rambis is living off Phil's success, IMO.

It's a complete (bleep) show that Jeanie has Rambis in this role. And what's really sad is Rambis hides behind Phil's success. You always hear Rambis being aligned with Phil, but Phil is so old, I've seen him in a few videos, he's not at all going to be the one doing this on a day to day basis. The fact that Vogel had to justify his stuff to Rambis on a daily/consistent basis is BS. It shows you why no elite coach even looked at us. Even Snyder, he could have probably found a way here, he's not even looking at it, and Snyder isn't at that elite level. We're an elite all time storied franchise being run in a way that's simply not getting the best out of what we could be doing.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30
Page 30 of 30
Jump to: