The RAMBII (Oram: Kurt Rambis could be next Lakers’ President of Basketball Operation?)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:25 pm    Post subject:

paymonM wrote:
Linda Rambis

Executive Director of Special Projects of the Los Angeles Lakers since 2018-2019 (Promoted).
Special Projects Associate of the Los Angeles Lakers from 2014-2015 (Hired) to 2017-2018 (Promoted).

Special projects = an opportunist ? a leech ? What does a "special projects" person do ?

I believe this was the same job Nellie on The Office had. And the way she described it was "I go around doing whatever i want."
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 4:19 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Oram: “Jeanie knows that if Lakers have another bad season, she’ll have no choice but to fire Rob Pelinka…” However Oram also noted, “If Rob is fired, it’s plausible Kurt Rambis becomes the new President of Basketball Operations (with Linda).”

Oh boy.
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 4:25 pm    Post subject:

Phil is going to the president and his pet Rambii will become the next head coach. Book it!
XTC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 6:23 am    Post subject:

ksmgf wrote:
Phil is going to the president and his pet Rambii will become the next head coach. Book it!

Hopefully Phil will turn it down and just enjoy his time in Montana — he can continue working in the shadows while ̶m̶a̶n̶i̶p̶u̶l̶a̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ gently advising Jeanie & the Rambii puppets like a Dark Zen Sith Palpatine without the blowback when it all hits the fan.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:50 am    Post subject:

paymonM wrote:
Linda Rambis

Executive Director of Special Projects of the Los Angeles Lakers since 2018-2019 (Promoted).
Special Projects Associate of the Los Angeles Lakers from 2014-2015 (Hired) to 2017-2018 (Promoted).

Special projects = an opportunist ? a leech ? What does a "special projects" person do ?

Good question

https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/teams/Los-Angeles-Lakers/13/staff-members
mixtim
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:55 am    Post subject:

Introducing your 2022-andcounting Los Angeles Rambiiers
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:10 am    Post subject:

Jeanie is like a little, innocent girl that's being manipulated by the evil Rambii. How else can an owner keep everyone in the front office after a season like this?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:51 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Jeanie is like a little, innocent girl that's being manipulated by the evil Rambii. How else can an owner keep everyone in the front office after a season like this?

It’s been said in more then multiple occasions that Jeanie prioritizes friendship and money over winning, no one in the Organization has the power to over-rule her for the lack of competence in the FO, we are gonna be stuck in this situation and need to just hope that the roster and players they bring in is good enough to let us forget about the idiots running the team.
LaxT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:38 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

It’s been said in more then multiple occasions that Jeanie prioritizes friendship and money over winning, no one in the Organization has the power to over-rule her for the lack of competence in the FO, we are gonna be stuck in this situation and need to just hope that the roster and players they bring in is good enough to let us forget about the idiots running the team.

Jeanie has played the innocence role multiple times.

Rereading the 2017 reports, Jeanie sound like a person with affective disorder, somebody who acts because she is hurt and feels no love.

The Rambis couple is playing Magic Johnson's role this time.

Quote:

As president of the Lakers, she decided that she could no longer stand by and watch the team fail. She'd never been comfortable making basketball decisions, so she needed someone she trusted to make recommendations and evaluations of what was going on.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18840779/the-story-los-angeles-lakers-owner-jeanie-buss-tough-decision
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19104767/lakers-owner-jeanie-buss-shares-details-decision-family-franchise
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:46 am    Post subject:

ksmgf wrote:

I hope not to book this.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:35 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
ksmgf wrote:

I hope not to book this.

Not sure why anyone would think this is a sure thing. I wouldn't put any amount of money on that scenario playing out. Phil is done and Rambis has already proven he's not HC material.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:48 am    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:

<snip>

Not sure why anyone would think this is a sure thing. I wouldn't put any amount of money on that scenario playing out. Phil is done and Rambis has already proven he's not HC material.

C'mon, don't give up hope! Rambis' next stint may yet prove to be Rambilriffic.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:53 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

But winning brings in the money, though. As the team loses and the Laker brand fades, fans will stop supporting the team leading to significantly less revenue every year. I'm sure she's aware of that, I think.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:54 am    Post subject:

Why would any executive step down to be the head coach?
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:23 am    Post subject:

ksmgf wrote:

Phil's health is not what it was 5 years ago. I've seen him out and about, and he looks unlikely to be able to do anything but be a consultant, which he probably already has been doing.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:49 pm    Post subject:

[quote="Outspoken"]
ksmgf wrote:

I hope not to book this.[/quote

That would one of the worse directions in which to go if it ever becomes true.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:22 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
ksmgf wrote:

Phil's health is not what it was 5 years ago. I've seen him out and about, and he looks unlikely to be able to do anything but be a consultant, which he probably already has been doing.

I suspect that his mind would like to do it, but his body says no.
Threatt_Level
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:19 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
ksmgf wrote:

Phil couldn't handle the demands of the Knicks presidency 5 years ago, Jeanie can't sell him as the Lakers president now.
LaxT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:59 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

But winning brings in the money, though. As the team loses and the Laker brand fades, fans will stop supporting the team leading to significantly less revenue every year. I'm sure she's aware of that, I think.

Mediocrity is the worst option in term of attracting fans and thus generating money. That's why teams would rather rebuild than taking the mediocrity treadmill. The question is the timing and courage of pressing the rebuild button, and the narratives/stories to maintain fan support through the down years.

It's debatable whether it's possible to have a contender with the same core of LBJ+AD. What matters is LBJ's take to this question. If he thinks yes, Westbrook will be traded for whatever package possible, and the FO will further mortgage the future to assemble a semi competitive team.

If his verdict is no, he has two options, ask for a trade or play out his contract.

Among the three possibilities, trying to contend, trade, or a circus tour of succeeding the scoring title as a Laker, LBJ makes the call, and the team has no choice but to accommodate him. Worst outcome, basketball wise, would be a combination of 1 and 3. But it might be the easiest option for Jeanie and her inner circle, financially and mentally, for next season.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:40 pm    Post subject:

LaxT wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Mediocrity is the worst option in term of attracting fans and thus generating money. That's why teams would rather rebuild than taking the mediocrity treadmill. The question is the timing and courage of pressing the rebuild button, and the narratives/stories to maintain fan support through the down years.

It's debatable whether it's possible to have a contender with the same core of LBJ+AD. What matters is LBJ's take to this question. If he thinks yes, Westbrook will be traded for whatever package possible, and the FO will further mortgage the future to assemble a semi competitive team.

If his verdict is no, he has two options, ask for a trade or play out his contract.

Among the three possibilities, trying to contend, trade, or a circus tour of succeeding the scoring title as a Laker, LBJ makes the call, and the team has no choice but to accommodate him. Worst outcome, basketball wise, would be a combination of 1 and 3. But it might be the easiest option for Jeanie and her inner circle, financially and mentally, for next season.

Why does it matter what he wants? He's moved around the league to suit his personal needs and has been the inventor of what his media disciples claim is the "Player empowerment movement", which basically means he doesn't take into consideration the fanbase...he thinks teams only consist of the owners. I'm pretty sure most other NBA players know this as well, so I don't see how they would view us trading him as a bad thing when he's taken the best players from other teams to better his situation.

I can't speak for Jeannie or any of the other Buss siblings, nor do I have a crystal ball, but I just don't see how a farewell tour and a points scoring record generates that much more money other than a few more nationally televised games. The Lakers have, as long as I've been a fan, always been in the media whether we're good or not. This year alone proves that.
LaxT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:53 am    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
LaxT wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Why does it matter what he wants? He's moved around the league to suit his personal needs and has been the inventor of what his media disciples claim is the "Player empowerment movement", which basically means he doesn't take into consideration the fanbase...he thinks teams only consist of the owners. I'm pretty sure most other NBA players know this as well, so I don't see how they would view us trading him as a bad thing when he's taken the best players from other teams to better his situation.

I can't speak for Jeannie or any of the other Buss siblings, nor do I have a crystal ball, but I just don't see how a farewell tour and a points scoring record generates that much more money other than a few more nationally televised games. The Lakers have, as long as I've been a fan, always been in the media whether we're good or not. This year alone proves that.

I mean his take on whether it's possible to have a contender with the same core of LBJ+AD. It will decide how he approaches next season. You don't think this matters? Fine.

Trading LBJ a bad thing? Why? I support that. But my preference does not matter, his does. LBJ decides where he goes and pretty much the direction the Lakers will take.

The worst scenario, imo, is him asking the Lakers to further mortgage the future to assemble a semi competitive team, and walk out the door next year, leaving the team in abyss. Do the Lakers decision makers have what it takes to reject that? We shall see.
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:30 pm    Post subject:

When AD looked like he was the next big thing it was before Giannis and Embiid emerged. AD looks like injured dookie now. Our only hope going forward is free agent signings with Russ and Lebron falling off the books and flipping AD as an expiring a few years from now. Close the book on this chapter.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:44 pm    Post subject:

Laker4lifer4real wrote:
When AD looked like he was the next big thing it was before Giannis and Embiid emerged. AD looks like injured dookie now. Our only hope going forward is free agent signings with Russ and Lebron falling off the books and flipping AD as an expiring a few years from now. Close the book on this chapter.

Agreed, got to cut the loss early. Can you imaging trying to trade AD couple years from now when he’s over 30 and even more injury prone?
paymonM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:55 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

when you have everything handed to you and you never have to worry about holding on to your job, yes, ofcourse, friendships become more important than money.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:52 pm    Post subject:

Threatt_Level wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
ksmgf wrote:

Phil couldn't handle the demands of the Knicks presidency 5 years ago, Jeanie can't sell him as the Lakers president now.

What's Rambis' record as anything that doesn't involve being an NBA player?

It doesn't matter. She doesn't care or care to know.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 29 of 30
Jump to: