Television: New Shows, new seasons, new characters, etc.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 78, 79, 80 ... 109, 110, 111  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:33 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
I just rewatched season 5 of Better Caul Saul on Netflix. Really a great season. The sixth season (part 1) begins on April 18th.

Season 6 debuts with two back-to-back episodes on Monday, April 18

I started off re-watching Seasons 4 & 5 but ended up re-watching Seasons 1-3 as well. I'm glad I did as I'd forgotten so much stuff that happened in the series.

I'm going to refresh with season 5 last 3 episodes.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:24 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
I just rewatched season 5 of Better Caul Saul on Netflix. Really a great season. The sixth season (part 1) begins on April 18th.

I started off re-watching Seasons 4 & 5 but ended up re-watching Seasons 1-3 as well. I'm glad I did as I'd forgotten so much stuff that happened in the series.

Jessie and Walter Blanco supposed to show up for next season
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:35 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
jodeke wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

It would be a nice way to wrap up the show since it's a prequel. The writers have done a great job of really defining the Saul, Fring, and Mike characters who were mainly supporting cast but integral to the story in BB.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:40 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
governator wrote:
jodeke wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

It would be a nice way to wrap up the show since it's a prequel. The writers have done a great job of really defining the Saul, Fring, and Mike characters who were mainly supporting cast but integral to the story in BB.

I'm fuzzy on Gus Fring. He got his face blown off and is still around. How?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:35 am; edited 1 time in total
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:34 am    Post subject:

Anybody in on Achive 81? 4 episodes in and its pretty wild
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:21 am    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
Anybody in on Achive 81? 4 episodes in and its pretty wild

ribeye wrote:
No mention of Archive 81 on Netflix, and since it is deserving, that is if you like psychological supernatural mysteries, you might give it a shot. I read a comment that it is slow, which is true, but it is not slow and uninteresting. (If that is what you want, then give The Power of the Dog a whirl.)

Archive 81 is quite compelling actually, as the many intertwined elements unwind slowly exposing more and more elements that seemingly don't fit. Once it fully unwinds, we have a true Lovecraftian other-world eerie adventure.

There is this.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:22 am    Post subject:

Anatomy of a scandal… boring, keep waiting for that ‘twist’ and it was just a dud, y’all can skip it
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:22 pm    Post subject:

Finally started the winning time, so over the top lol, I like it
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:16 pm    Post subject:

The first 2 episodes of Better Call Saul were good. Kim and Jimmy make a good team. Mike is cold blooded. A part of his personality I like showed up in E2. He put his life on the line when he told Gus Fring anyone who went after Nacho Varga's father would have to go through him.

Last edited by jodeke on Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:33 am; edited 2 times in total
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:18 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:

it is improving each week IMO.....thought the initial episodes were less than great
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:27 am    Post subject:

Outer Range on prime is interesting. It’s either really easy to see where it’s headed or there is an unforeseen curveball, but first 2 episodes got me.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:42 pm    Post subject:

Better Call Saul is such a great show...The guy who plays Ignacio is excellent.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:44 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:

Season 6, the series finale, will have 13 episodes, 3 more than the usual 10. Nacho has become central in the series. He's on the run and Mike is going to be his protector. I vision a clash between Mike and Fring. CAST

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:34 pm    Post subject:

We are in the middle of a TV heat wave.

It's gonna take me a year to catch up on the TV coming out now or soon.

I'm gonna try to make the list of my must watches.

Atlanta
Snowfall
Tokyo Vice
Better Call Saul
Slow Horses
Ozark
Outer Range
Minx
Barry
We Own the City
Super Pumped
Moon Knight
Obi Wan

There's more I'm not thinking of. I'll probably edit this list alot.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:21 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
governator wrote:

it is improving each week IMO.....thought the initial episodes were less than great

yeah, characters are carricature-esque but it's entertaining, almost like real life family guy show
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:47 am    Post subject:

I enjoyed the 1st season of The Flight Attendant. New season just dropped. Worth checking out.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:51 am    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:

Yep, and the scenes with him and Lalo are particularly stellar. I;'m rewatching season 5 before I jump into 6.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:14 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

Yep, and the scenes with him and Lalo are particularly stellar. I;'m rewatching season 5 before I jump into 6.

I rewatched the last 2 episodes before watching the first 2 of season 6. I'm glad I did.

I'm in the dark about Gus Fring and Hector Salamanca. Hector blew himself and Gus up. How are they still in the works? What am I missing?

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:21 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

I rewatched the last 2 episodes before watching the first 2 of season 6. I'm glad I did.

I'm in the dark about Gus Fring and Hector Salamanca. Hector blew himself and Gus up. How are they still in the works? What am I missing?

BCS is a prequel. The events in the show predate those in BB storyline (though we are reaching a point where they may correspond to early BB).
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:02 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

BCS is a prequel. The events in the show predate those in BB storyline (though we are reaching a point where they may correspond to early BB).

Thanks. I'm always confused about when is what when prequels are involved.

Snowfall's finale gave rise to war about to start between all rivals. Who will side with who? Who will emerge the victor? The series has been renewed for the season 6 finale. LINK

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:59 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

I can see why this one might be a tad confusing at this point. It's going to get very interesting now that the BCS world ands BB are converging. I'm dying to see what happens to Kim's storyline.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:40 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I can see why this one might be a tad confusing at this point. It's going to get very interesting now that the BCS world ands BB are converging. I'm dying to see what happens to Kim's storyline.

I was just reading the introduction to season 6 BCS. It reads "Six years before Saul Goodman meets Walter White. We meet him when the man who will become Saul Goodman is known as Jimmy McGill" yadda yadda yadda.

Now when some BB characters are introduced to BCS I'll probably still be confused but less. What confused me is BB aired before BCS. I have to prequel mind BCS.

Damn!! DMR you are good for something sometimes.

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:42 am    Post subject:

Feels like too many good and potentially good shows are about to begin this week.....going to have to make some choices!

- Barry returns tonight on HBO for Season 3.

- A new series on EPIX titled Billy the Kid begins tonight....looks interesting if you are into this genre. As the title suggests, it is based on the life of Billy beginning in his youth.

- The Starz series Gaslit begins tonight with a loaded cast including Julia Roberts and Sean Penn. Looks like it is a take on Watergate and focuses on Martha and John Mitchell.

- For all of The Wire fans....which is almost everyone....We Own This City begins on Monday (04/25) on HBO.

- On Thursday (04/28) the FX series Under the Banner of Heaven begins. I personally think this one looks interesting although I did not read the book.

- Also on Thursday,The Offer starring Miles Teller about the making of The Godfather debuts on Paramount+.

- On Friday (04/29) the final episodes of Ozark will be released.

- Also on Friday, the new Apple+ series with Elisabeth Moss, Shining Girls is released.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:44 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Keep your eyes out for Gaslit coming to Starz at some point early/mid 2022. It's a Watergate story based John and Martha Mitchell. For those that may not recognize the names, Mitchell was Nixon's Attorney General leading into the Watergate break in. The story focuses on the relationship between he and his wife, who was a real firecracker who spoke her mind. As she becomes aware of what is going on in the administration, the people around her start to gaslight her and go to great lengths in an effort to keep her quiet.

It stars Sean Penn and Julia Roberts and they are both fantastic. Also Dan Stevens (Downtown Abbey) as John Dean with Betty Gilpin (one of my favorites) as his wife and Shea Whigham (Boardwalk Empire) in a great portrayal of G. Gordon Liddy. It's directed by Matt Ross (Gavin Belson on Silicon Valley).

I watched a final Producer's Cut of the pilot episode with my wife, who produced it, and it's spectacular on every level - from performances to production design and everything in between. And I say that even if my wife wasn't involved (though I am quite proud of what she did with an almost impossible task).

This finally has an air date—Sun. April 24th

TRAILER

Gonna give this a bump. Tonight's the night. If you have Starz, give it a shot, and if you don't, consider signing up for a brief time to watch this. I really don't think you'll regret it.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:47 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Feels like too many good and potentially good shows are about to begin this week.....going to have to make some choices!

- Barry returns tonight on HBO for Season 3.

- A new series on EPIX titled Billy the Kid begins tonight....looks interesting if you are into this genre. As the title suggests, it is based on the life of Billy beginning in his youth.

- The Starz series Gaslit begins tonight with a loaded cast including Julia Roberts and Sean Penn. Looks like it is a take on Watergate and focuses on Martha and John Mitchell.

- For all of The Wire fans....which is almost everyone....We Own This City begins on Monday (04/25) on HBO.

- On Thursday (04/28) the FX series Under the Banner of Heaven begins. I personally think this one looks interesting although I did not read the book.

- Also on Thursday,The Offer starring Miles Teller about the making of The Godfather debuts on Paramount+.

- On Friday (04/29) the final episodes of Ozark will be released.

- Also on Friday, the new Apple+ series with Elisabeth Moss, Shining Girls is released.

Ha! Just bumped my shameless plug for that. Definitely worth a watch.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 78, 79, 80 ... 109, 110, 111  Next
Page 79 of 111
Jump to: