Television: New Shows, new seasons, new characters, etc.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 66, 67, 68  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
32
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Posts: 67142

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:02 pm    Post subject:

This series has been pretty good.

Quote:
Bosch season 7 will be available to stream exclusively on Amazon Prime Video when it comes out on 25 June.

_________________
Nobody in the NBA can touch the Laker brand, which, like the uniform color, is pure gold.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 18976

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:18 am    Post subject:

Starting Banshee, excellent so far, that Chao character from Warriors act like a black woman with a southern accent, great acting
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 7186

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:39 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Starting Banshee, excellent so far, that Chao character from Warriors act like a black woman with a southern accent, great acting

I really liked banshee
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 18976

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:04 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
governator wrote:
Starting Banshee, excellent so far, that Chao character from Warriors act like a black woman with a southern accent, great acting

I really liked banshee

2nd season now, the whole reservation vs Amish storyline is nice
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 88897
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:48 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
governator wrote:
Starting Banshee, excellent so far, that Chao character from Warriors act like a black woman with a southern accent, great acting

I really liked banshee


Banshee started out as a thin plot with violence porn and gratuitous T&A, but somewhere along the way developed its characters and became a nice story. Not that the visuals are bad mind you…
_________________
“We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.” ― Elie Wiesel
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 7186

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:10 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Halflife wrote:
governator wrote:
Starting Banshee, excellent so far, that Chao character from Warriors act like a black woman with a southern accent, great acting

I really liked banshee


Banshee started out as a thin plot with violence porn and gratuitous T&A, but somewhere along the way developed its characters and became a nice story. Not that the visuals are bad mind you…

Agree. Like any series there are redundancies in episodes but got dang……..the niece.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 57467
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is consider a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:23 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
governator wrote:
Starting Banshee, excellent so far, that Chao character from Warriors act like a black woman with a southern accent, great acting

I really liked banshee

I did too. Sorry, they decided to end it after season 4.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 57467
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is consider a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:28 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Halflife wrote:
governator wrote:
Starting Banshee, excellent so far, that Chao character from Warriors act like a black woman with a southern accent, great acting

I really liked banshee


Banshee started out as a thin plot with violence porn and gratuitous T&A, but somewhere along the way developed its characters and became a nice story. Not that the visuals are bad mind you…

Agree. Like any series there are redundancies in episodes but got dang……..the niece.

Got dang Carrie Hopewell/Ivana Miličević
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 31 Dec 2008
Posts: 11843
Location: LA

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:57 pm    Post subject:

The lead from Banshee (Hood) is Homelander in The Boys. Took a bit for me to figure it out, with his different hair plus the supes costume. He’s great in that too.
I’d also like to second that the niece on banshee is unforgettable. But also the female cop. A lot of pretty women on that show.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 7186

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:39 pm    Post subject:

Probably already mentioned but I enjoyed hell on wheels. Worth a binge
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 88897
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:33 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
The lead from Banshee (Hood) is Homelander in The Boys. Took a bit for me to figure it out, with his different hair plus the supes costume. He’s great in that too.
I’d also like to second that the niece on banshee is unforgettable. But also the female cop. A lot of pretty women on that show.


Lili Simmons is hot as hell, but Ivana Milcevic is in a whole other level of smoldering.
_________________
“We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.” ― Elie Wiesel
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 15 Sep 2012
Posts: 26683
Location: La La Land

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:52 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Probably already mentioned but I enjoyed hell on wheels. Worth a binge


Don't want to give away any spoilers. But I loved that show. Until one of the main characters lost his mind.

For a while there it did a great job scratching that Deadwood itch. In some ways I preferred it. It had a bit more action.
_________________
"Anybody have that same fire, that same passion that you have for the game?"

Kobe: "Westbrook plays mean. He plays mean like I did."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 18976

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:30 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Halflife wrote:
governator wrote:
Starting Banshee, excellent so far, that Chao character from Warriors act like a black woman with a southern accent, great acting

I really liked banshee

2nd season now, the whole reservation vs Amish storyline is nice


The last episode of season 2 is nicely done
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 57467
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is consider a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:06 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
The lead from Banshee (Hood) is Homelander in The Boys. Took a bit for me to figure it out, with his different hair plus the supes costume. He’s great in that too.
I’d also like to second that the niece on banshee is unforgettable. But also the female cop. A lot of pretty women on that show.


Lili Simmons is hot as hell, but Ivana Milcevic is in a whole other level of smoldering.


I didn't give her beauty much of a look until I saw her in Casino Royale.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 7186

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:32 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
The lead from Banshee (Hood) is Homelander in The Boys. Took a bit for me to figure it out, with his different hair plus the supes costume. He’s great in that too.
I’d also like to second that the niece on banshee is unforgettable. But also the female cop. A lot of pretty women on that show.


Lili Simmons is hot as hell, but Ivana Milcevic is in a whole other level of smoldering.


I didn't give her beauty much of a look until I saw her in Casino Royale.

shes obviously gorgeous but her and milla johovich are similar. Their look is a bit masculine for me...but I get the attraction.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 57467
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is consider a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:31 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
The lead from Banshee (Hood) is Homelander in The Boys. Took a bit for me to figure it out, with his different hair plus the supes costume. He’s great in that too.
I’d also like to second that the niece on banshee is unforgettable. But also the female cop. A lot of pretty women on that show.


Lili Simmons is hot as hell, but Ivana Milcevic is in a whole other level of smoldering.


I didn't give her beauty much of a look until I saw her in Casino Royale.

shes obviously gorgeous but her and milla johovich are similar. Their look is a bit masculine for me...but I get the attraction.


In the eye of the beholder.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 31855

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Cristin Milioti has a cameo as a sexy baby comedy writer in the Season 5 episode of 30 Rock, "TGS Hates Women."
_________________
https://youtube.com/watch?v=MPeP09FV3tk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 31855

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:11 pm    Post subject:

Dave Foley portraying a "girl drink drink" in the mid- '90s presented an early unofficial PSA against cocktail alcoholism.

Credit to The Kids in the Hall for being ahead of the times.
_________________
https://youtube.com/watch?v=MPeP09FV3tk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 18976

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:45 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
governator wrote:
Halflife wrote:
governator wrote:
Starting Banshee, excellent so far, that Chao character from Warriors act like a black woman with a southern accent, great acting

I really liked banshee

2nd season now, the whole reservation vs Amish storyline is nice


The last episode of season 2 is nicely done


CADI PD Red Bone siege episode, wow
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 15 Sep 2012
Posts: 26683
Location: La La Land

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:31 pm    Post subject:

Season 2 episode 4 of Netflix's Black Summer. It's insane. A ton of action.
_________________
"Anybody have that same fire, that same passion that you have for the game?"

Kobe: "Westbrook plays mean. He plays mean like I did."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 15 Sep 2012
Posts: 26683
Location: La La Land

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:57 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Season 2 episode 4 of Netflix's Black Summer. It's insane. A ton of action.


Finished season 2. Really enjoyed it. Seems like alot of people either like season 1 or season 2. But not both. But I'm not like alot of people.
_________________
"Anybody have that same fire, that same passion that you have for the game?"

Kobe: "Westbrook plays mean. He plays mean like I did."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
32
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Posts: 67142

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:40 pm    Post subject:

Bosch is now released on Amazon. The final season.
_________________
Nobody in the NBA can touch the Laker brand, which, like the uniform color, is pure gold.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 15 Sep 2012
Posts: 26683
Location: La La Land

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:01 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Bosch is now released on Amazon. The final season.


Does the show give the viewer a good taste of the setting (L.A.)?
_________________
"Anybody have that same fire, that same passion that you have for the game?"

Kobe: "Westbrook plays mean. He plays mean like I did."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
32
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Posts: 67142

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:59 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
32 wrote:
Bosch is now released on Amazon. The final season.


Does the show give the viewer a good taste of the setting (L.A.)?


Yes. Absolutely.
_________________
Nobody in the NBA can touch the Laker brand, which, like the uniform color, is pure gold.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Cochese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 23 Apr 2016
Posts: 957

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:12 pm    Post subject:

I watched the first episode of the new season of Bosch. Such a great show!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 66, 67, 68  Next
Page 60 of 68
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB