Mock Draft/NFL Draft discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:13 pm    Post subject: Mock Draft/NFL Draft discussion

OK folks, it was requested that I put my mocks in a separate thread, and I'm going to do that, especially because it takes up so much of the space in the regular NFL thread. Here's my latest mock, the Post-Combine edition now that we know a little bit more than we did a month ago. The next big mock will come after free agency, when teams fill needs and draft needs may change. So without further ado...

1. Bears
Caleb Williams, QB, USC

It's starting to look like the Bears are going to do the smart thing, take Williams, and trade Fields.

2. Commanders
Jayden Daniels, QB, LSU

Washington has given indications that it has no intentions of trading down, and will take a QB here. Sure, maybe they try to convince the Bears to move down one spot, but I don't think that's looking likely. So we're down to Daniels or Maye here. This is a hunch that new OC Kliff Kingsbury will prefer the mobility and passing of Daniels, who may remind him of a taller Kyler Murray.

3. Patriots
Drake Maye, QB, North Carolina

Here's our first true inflection point. We are virtually certain that the first 2 picks will be QB's. Could the Patriots go with Harrison Jr. instead? I suppose it's possible, but new regimes often mean new QB's. Maye has the size and skillset that often goes #1 in the draft. I just don't think they can afford to pass on an upside QB like Maye here. You have to have a possible franchise QB in the AFC or you are just spinning your wheels on a road to nowhere.

4. Cardinals
Marvin Harrison Jr., WR, Ohio State

This is the easiest pick to mock, if the QB's go 1-2-3. The word is that, while many teams absolute love Malik Nabers and Rome Odunze, the Cards are absolutely enamored with Harrison. And for good reason.

5. Vikings
J.J. McCarthy, QB, Michigan
TRADE! The Chargers trade #5 to Minnesota for #11 and #42.

If the Chargers are OK with passing on Nabers/Odunze (who won't be there at 11), perhaps they would welcome a trade down for the extra 2nd Round pick here, and it's an early 2nd at that. At #11, premium OL will still be there, and possibly Brock Bowers as well. As for Minnesota, I believe that Kirk Cousins will NOT be re-signed, and that the team is ready to move on and go after a rookie in this draft. Given that the Chargers wouldn't want to trade down with the Broncos or Raiders here (within the division), and given that the Vikings could logically worry that the Broncos or Raiders could try to also trade up for McCarthy after this pick, this is their time to strike. Perhaps Minnesota could try to sign a bridge QB like Joe Flacco or Sam Darnold to start in 2024, at least initially.

6. Giants
Malik Nabers, WR, LSU

With the top 4 QB's all gone, this would seem to be a spot where the G-Men would consider Nabers, Odunze, or Bowers. (With Darren Waller apparently considering retirement, Bowers should get real consideration here.) Still, I'll slot them the electrifying Nabers.

7. Bears
Rome Odunze, WR, Washington
TRADE! Tennessee trades #7 and a 5th rounder to Chicago for #9 and #75.

If the Titans don't want Odunze for themselves and are eyeing a certain OL, they can likely still get that player at #9 because the Falcons, at #8, are unlikely to take this player. So Tennessee smartly takes the deal and moves way up from the 5th Round to #75 overall in the 3rd Round. Meanwhile, this is worth it for Chicago to give Caleb Williams a big-time weapon here right out of the gate, to go along with D.J. Moore already in tow. Odunze could be a cross between Davante Adams and Larry Fitzgerald, and his fantastic 40 time at the Combine has solidified his top-10 status.

8. Falcons
Dallas Turner, EDGE, Alabama

First off, I will just say that it is my current belief that Kirk Cousins ends up signing in Atlanta. I don't think that Minnesota wants to guarantee him more than one year, and I think that Atlanta, desperate for a winner again, will. The scheme fit should be seamless, since new OC Zac Robinson, who comes from the Rams, will be running a similar offense as former Rams OC and current Vikings coach Kevin O'Connell. So now to the pick: Turner could be the first edge player chosen due to his combination of youth, athletic traits, production, and pedigree from Alabama.

9. Titans
Joe Alt, OT, Notre Dame

After the small drop down to #9, the Titans still get their player of choice here. The hope would be that Alt and last year's 1st rounder, Peter Skoronski, can form an awesome left side of the OL for years to come.

10. Jets
Taliese Fuaga, OT, Oregon State

I almost wanted to put Amarius Mims here, but to me, the Jets have to go with more of a sure thing upfront. Fuaga is a plug-and-play RT. I'll also note that Daniel Jeremiah loves Fuaga, and he and Jets GM Joe Douglas are tight.

11. Chargers
Brock Bowers, TE, Georgia

Bowers could be a legit consideration at #5 for the Bolts, although I think both Nabers and Odunze have higher value. Still, if they can come away with Bowers in the 1st Round and then have picks #37 and #42 in the 2nd, this is a good way to start the Harbaugh era. At least one of those 2nd rounders would almost certainly be spent on the OL.

12. Broncos
Terrion Arnold, CB, Alabama

Denver's lost out on the top 4 QB's, and this is too early to take Penix or Nix. If they stick and pick here, a defensive player is most likely, given how the board has fallen. I'll opt for Arnold in this spot, who can form a great CB tandem with Pat Surtain.

13. Raiders
Olumuyiwa Fashanu, OT, Penn State

Shoring up the OL is a huge need for the Raiders, so Fashanu makes sense here, as could Amarius Mims if the Raiders wanted to shoot for the incredible upside that Mims has. DT Byron Murphy also makes a lot of sense here.

14. Saints
Jared Verse, EDGE, Florida State

The Saints' pass rush has deteriorated, and as they keep kicking the can down the road in terms of the salary cap (veteran Cam Jordan, despite a severe drop in production, was just restructured and now his dead cap # for 2025 is way too high, for example), bargains are going to need to be unearthed. Mickey Loomis has taken a lot of big edge rushers in his tenure, and here's another.

15. Colts
Chop Robinson, EDGE, Penn State

I think this could be a choice between Robinson and Quinyon Mitchell here. But with the way that Robinson is so twitched up and absolutely murdered the drills in Indy, Ballard may not be able to say no, given his history. Even though the sacks weren't there, perhaps Robinson can do for the Colts what another Penn Stater did for the Ravens, and that's Odafe Oweh. Oweh, like Robinson, may not have racked up the stats in college, but he tested through the roof, and had a PFF grade of over 80 in 2023 (his third season).

16. Chiefs
Brian Thomas Jr., WR, LSU
TRADE! Seattle trades #16 to Kansas City for #32, #64, and a 2025 2nd rounder.

I have an idea of why Seattle would do this, so stay tuned for that at #32. As for KC, Thomas has exceptional size and speed, and was actually a productive college receiver at LSU. He could be the deep threat in the offense that the Chiefs were hoping Valdes-Scantling could be. I also have a feeling that KC could be willing to trade franchise-tagged L'Jarius Sneed if a team offers a 2nd Round pick for him. That would recoup the lost pick at #64 in this trade.

17. Jaguars
Quinyon Mitchell, CB, Toledo

CB is now a pressing need for the Jags, even more so after the somewhat surprising release of Darious Williams. Mitchell makes a ton of sense.

18. Bengals
Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia

I consider this to be Mims' floor. Duke Tobin is a RAS guy, and Mims is basically the Incredible Hulk as a tackle. Human beings simply should not be able to move as he does with that kind of size. If not for his inexperience (Mims has only started 8 college games), he would be a locked-in pick in the top 10. As it is, I still wouldn't rule it out.

19. Rams
Laiatu Latu, EDGE, UCLA

No, Latu didn't run the most scintillating 40 time in Indianapolis. But if his medicals check out (and I'll admit that's no sure thing), the Rams have shown that they value production over speed. Latu is the best pure pass rusher in this year's draft, and I think they would take him over any remaining OL or CB here.

20. Steelers
J.C. Latham, OT, Alabama

Arthur Smith is going to want to get back to the Steelers' run-heavy ways, and it would be easier to do that if the OL were better. Last year's 1st rounder, Broderick Jones, was an effort to improve in that area, and here they go back to the OL well. By the way, I believe that Pittsburgh's public confidence in Kenny Pickett and Mason Rudolph is nothing more than posturing, and I still think they make the most sense for Justin Fields.

21. Dolphins
Byron Murphy II, DT, Texas

While Troy Fautanu (who has tackle/guard versatility) and Jackson Powers-Johnson (possibly the best center prospect) make a lot of sense for this team, Murphy might represent a BPA. And with Christian Wilkins hitting free agency, Murphy would also fill a big need.

22. Eagles
Troy Fautanu, OT/G, Washington

I'll stick to Howie Roseman's history here of NOT taking 1st Round corners; by now, some of you may know that the Eagles haven't drafted a CB in the 1st Round since Lito Sheppard. Fautanu's versatility could be highly-valued by Philly here. Though I believe he might be able to stick at tackle, Philly could start him as a guard, as Landon Dickerson can shift over to center in the wake of Jason Kelce's retirement. And if RT Lane Johnson retires before the end of Fautanu's rookie deal, perhaps then Fautanu can shift out there to replace Johnson. In other words, kind of like how Dickerson started at guard and may now replace Kelce.

23. Texans
Jher'Zhan Newton, DT, Illinois

Newton would be a great addition for DeMeco Ryans' DL. He offers dynamic potential for the position, despite being undersized. You know, the same "criticism" that guys like Aaron Donald and Calijah Kancey got.

24. Cowboys
Tyler Guyton, OT, Oklahoma

Tyron Smith is very unlikely to be back in Big D, and even if they shift Tyler Smith to LT, another tackle is going to be needed.

25. Packers
Cooper DeJean, CB/S, Iowa

DeJean's playmaking ability would be a welcome add to the Packer secondary, and he fits the athletic profile under this regime.

26. Buccaneers
Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon

This makes 8 picks in the top 26 on OL. The Bucs have clear needs at iOL, particularly at center, as Ryan Jensen is retiring. Powers-Johnson and Graham Barton are both in contention to be the first center off the board.

27. Cardinals
Nate Wiggins, CB, Clemson

Among the many holes the current roster has is at corner, and the speedy Wiggins could be a strong addition to Jonathan Gannon's defense.

28. Bills
Adonai Mitchell, WR, Texas

Buffalo will need to revamp its defense, particularly its secondary, in the wake of cutting Tre'Davious White and Jordan Poyer, not to mention the fact that Micah Hyde is also a free agent. I don't love the value of the remaining CB's here, though, and Mitchell tore up the Combine with his freakish size/speed combo. No one since D.K. Metcalf has ran as fast as Mitchell did while being as big as Metcalf is. Perhaps he'll be a more consistent deep threat than Gabe Davis was over the past couple of seasons.

29. Lions
Graham Barton, C/G, Duke

Though Detroit clearly needs help at corner, perhaps this is something that gets addressed in free agency or later in the draft. Barton is a player similar to Landon Dickerson in that he can be a great center (and was in college) but he also offers the versatility to start out at guard, if necessary. Detroit needs help at the guard spots, plus outstanding center Frank Ragnow was so banged up last season that there's some talk that he could be one of those players that retires sooner rather than later.

30. Ravens
Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama

Corner is a long-term need area for the Ravens, and they could go back to the Alabama pipeline here if McKinstry is available.

31. 49ers
Jordan Morgan, OT, Arizona

Anyone who saw the Super Bowl knows that the right side of the OL was a big issue, and the team needs long-term solutions at both tackle spots, since future Hall of Fame LT Trent Williams can't play forever. Morgan came back from a torn ACL in 2022 to play really well last season, and could start out at RT before possibly being a candidate to play LT if Williams retires before the end of Morgan's rookie deal.

32. Seahawks
Michael Penix Jr., QB, Washington

After the trade down, this is what Seattle is up to! Geno Smith is an average NFL starter (and hey, good for him after how the first 10 years or so of his career went), but he'll be 34 in October and is not on a long-term deal. You may be aware that Seattle's new OC is Ryan Grubb...who held the same position for Penix's Washington Huskies. Penix could presumably sit for a year and then take the reins in 2025, unless Smith struggles enough this year to provide an opening. Of note is that Penix seems to have helped his stock a bit in Indy because he was cleared medically of any long-term knee or shoulder issues.

Just missed the cut: WR's Xavier Worthy, Ladd McConkey, and Troy Franklin; CB Ennis Rakestraw Jr.; and EDGE Darius Robinson.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:17 pm    Post subject: Q

Love it CS, fantastic job.

Your trade idea for the Chargers almost makes too much sense, lol. Hopefully this new regime is smarter than the last ten regimes and figure out that trading down when you have cap issues and a roster full of holes can be a quick way back to contention.

Assuming you draft right and coach them up right of course.

I loved the Chargers cutting Kendrick and I personally would let Mike Williams go also, he is always hurt and they can't afford him. I won't cry if Mack and Bosa end up elsewhere either, I think they need to completely reset this thing under Jim Harbaugh so he can reset the culture entirely.

If the Bears could end up with Caleb Williams and Rome Odunze per your mock, that would be a fantastic young combination to build with. Think Stroud/Collins in Houston if it breaks right.

I do wonder what the Patriots are going to do at 3 assuming both Williams and Daniels are off the board.

If Daniels is somehow still on the board, you take him and don't look back. I personally am not nearly as sold on Maye, in fact I like JJ McCarthy's upside as a NFL player better but admittedly I have not watched tons of Maye and not trying to hate on him. But to me, it is the top two QB's and then a significant drop to #3 in this draft.

Would Mayo and the Pats brain trust really not take a QB at 3? Hard to envision that, they probably just take Maye and hope for the best. But I wonder if McCarthy is going to turn out to be the better NFL leader.

Rams would be stoked to get Laiatu Latu as you project. Fearless guarantee: Latu outpeforms at least half the players picked ahead of him in the NFL.

I predicted Penix to Seattle also in my post the other day in the regular NFL thread, it seems to make a ton of logical sense if he is still on the board there. I think he could do very well if he can stay healthy, I love the way he can sling it and obviously Seattle has been able to watch him up close the last couple of seasons at UDub.

Really excited for the draft, it should be a very interesting watch as there is a lot on the line for several franchises. Keep it coming CS!
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:49 pm    Post subject:

^
The Rams are in a good spot at #19. This draft is very deep at OL and WR, but it wouldn't really seem like the Rams have enormous needs there, especially after Dotson was re-signed. (Oddly, I've seen some reports that they were interested in Mike Evans and that they may even be interested in Calvin Ridley, but given the cap space they have and that they have much more pressing needs than WR, I'd be stunned if they went WR at #19.) We're going to see 4 QB's off the board before #19, we're going to see at least 3 WR's before #19 and quite possibly 4, and I would argue that there will be at least 4 OL going before #19. That's at least 11 players, and it may end up being 12-13. Let's split the difference and say 12 players from these positions. That means the Rams could get their 7th-highest rated player from the two spots that I would argue are their biggest needs: CB and edge rushers. So I'm going to focus on that for a second. Among the Edge group, Dallas Turner will be gone, and I think there's a great chance that Jared Verse will be gone too. But one or both of Latu or Chop Robinson may be there. As for CB, I doubt that Terrion Arnold will be there, but there's a possibility that Quinyon Mitchell could be available. If not, then there's a good chance that guys like Nate Wiggins, Cooper DeJean, and Kool-Aid McKinstry will be there. And if the Rams would consider DT, both Byron Murphy II and Jer'Zhan Newton could be there.

I, too, like the idea of the Chargers trading down. But if they trade back to #11, it does mean that they are passing on Nabers and Odunze for sure, and I consider both of these guys to be premium, premium WR's. And Bowers may not be there, another premium offensive skill player. if all 3 of these guys are gone and they are picking at #11, then they would almost certainly go with an OT. And hey, maybe that's the way to go so that they address one of their many needs while also picking up more draft capital to address other needs. But damn, Nabers and Odunze (and Bowers) could be such difference-makers offensively, and as good as Keenan Allen is, you can argue that he's not a dynamic player so much that he's a guy who soaks up targets. You can make the argument that giving Herbert a true #1 weapon is a big priority. It will be fascinating to see how they choose to attack the draft.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:27 pm    Post subject:

I wouldnt mind raiders trading their 1 for fields. AP has created a good culture which may help fields.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:42 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
I wouldnt mind raiders trading their 1 for fields. AP has created a good culture which may help fields.

Fields doesn't have that kind of a market. Chicago would likely be thrilled if they can get a 2nd rounder for him. So rest easy, the Raiders won't have to part with #13 overall for him. Even though I have Seattle ending up with Penix, I could see the Raiders having serious interest in him. I don't think they would pick him at #13 (although we've certainly seen stranger things happen), but perhaps they would attempt to do what I have Seattle doing, which is to trade back and then pick Penix a litle later in the 1st. Or maybe they'll just hope that one or both of Penix or Nix is still there when they pick in the 2nd Round. Personally, I have Penix as a much better prospect than Nix. Nix has arm strength limitations and you're basically hoping for him to be the best possible version of what Mac Jones was supposed to be. In other words, not enough in the loaded AFC. Penix truly has a golden arm, and if he hits, he fits the profile of a franchise QB.

Oh, and as it relates to Fields possibly being traded to the Raiders (let's just say for their 2nd rounder and maybe future 4th or something), keep in mind that the new Raiders OC is Luke Getsy, who was Chicago's OC last year. It was a bit of a rough pairing, frankly, and although both men said the right things publicly, what Fields does well is just not the type of scheme that Getsy wants to run.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:35 am    Post subject:

With Mike Williams needing to be cut for cap reasons and Keenan Allen getting up there in age, plus their need for a true speed threat and another overall threat at WR, I like the Chargers drafting Nabers at No. 5. He'd be under a rookie contract for a few years, and they could use their next couple of picks on offensive linemen.

I don't like the idea of using the No. 5 or No. 11 pick on an offensive lineman, generally speaking. Especially when you have only one viable threat offensively who will definitely be around next season and is about to turn 32 (Allen).
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:55 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
With Mike Williams needing to be cut for cap reasons and Keenan Allen getting up there in age, plus their need for a true speed threat and another overall threat at WR, I like the Chargers drafting Nabers at No. 5. He'd be under a rookie contract for a few years, and they could use their next couple of picks on offensive linemen.

I don't like the idea of using the No. 5 or No. 11 pick on an offensive lineman, generally speaking. Especially when you have only one viable threat offensively who will definitely be around next season and is about to turn 32 (Allen).

I don't think that's an unreasonable stance. I agree with you that I think Nabers (or Odunze) would represent better value than an OL at #5. But I wouldn't hate the idea of a trade back. You're very likely to end up with a great difference-making OL at #11 (or sooner if they don't trade back that far), and you'd get more draft picks to address the many holes on the roster. Telesco never traded back in the 1st Round, and maybe this regime is aware of the roster limitations (thanks, Telesco!) and thinks that no one player is worth more than what they may be able to do with an extra premium pick or two.

I get it, though: I happen to think that both WR's are truly special. Hell, even Bowers has sky-high potential, but I would take either WR before him.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:43 am    Post subject:

As a Chargers fan, the idea of trading down is appealing because there are a lot of holes to fill on the roster. Moving down to 11 and still nabbing Bowers would be best case scenario for the Bolts.

I think they are hoping to receive trade offers for Mike Williams and Khalil Mack, but I think they end up cutting Mike because they won’t get anything for him.

Think the dead cap with Bosa makes them keep him for one more season, and I see Keenan as an extension candidate. Crazy in hindsight how badly Telesco constructed this roster.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:31 am    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
As a Chargers fan, the idea of trading down is appealing because there are a lot of holes to fill on the roster. Moving down to 11 and still nabbing Bowers would be best case scenario for the Bolts.

I think they are hoping to receive trade offers for Mike Williams and Khalil Mack, but I think they end up cutting Mike because they won’t get anything for him.

Think the dead cap with Bosa makes them keep him for one more season, and I see Keenan as an extension candidate. Crazy in hindsight how badly Telesco constructed this roster.

If there isn't enough of a trade market for both Bosa and Mack, it will be interesting to see which one the new regime would prefer to keep. (I assume they won't move on from both, although I suppose you never know.) They get more cap savings from moving on from Mack, but he's been the more productive/available player of the two lately, even though he's older. Maybe they'd trade or cut Mack and then try to extend or restructure Bosa's deal? No easy answers there.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:40 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Moses wrote:

If there isn't enough of a trade market for both Bosa and Mack, it will be interesting to see which one the new regime would prefer to keep. (I assume they won't move on from both, although I suppose you never know.) They get more cap savings from moving on from Mack, but he's been the more productive/available player of the two lately, even though he's older. Maybe they'd trade or cut Mack and then try to extend or restructure Bosa's deal? No easy answers there.

I think like you said Mack has been more productive, and as such will probably have more of a trade market. They could potentially explore what an extension for Mack might look like, and then gamble on keeping both for another year and seeing how Bosa does. I don’t see much of a trade market for Joey at this point tbh, and with the injuries I would not consider extending him personally.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:51 pm    Post subject:

The Keenan Allen trade is going to leave a big shake-up for me in my Top 11 picks, I can tell you that. I don't think the Chargers can move back from #5 anymore, for one thing. This will have a ripple effect on the mock. I'll try to see if more big moves happen on the weekend, and I'll probably do another mock no later than Monday.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:12 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
^
The Rams are in a good spot at #19. This draft is very deep at OL and WR, but it wouldn't really seem like the Rams have enormous needs there, especially after Dotson was re-signed. (Oddly, I've seen some reports that they were interested in Mike Evans and that they may even be interested in Calvin Ridley, but given the cap space they have and that they have much more pressing needs than WR, I'd be stunned if they went WR at #19.) .

That talk kinda scared me. It seems this would only make sense if they knew or suspected that Cupp will not return to (or near to) his once great self.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:56 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
^
The Rams are in a good spot at #19. This draft is very deep at OL and WR, but it wouldn't really seem like the Rams have enormous needs there, especially after Dotson was re-signed. (Oddly, I've seen some reports that they were interested in Mike Evans and that they may even be interested in Calvin Ridley, but given the cap space they have and that they have much more pressing needs than WR, I'd be stunned if they went WR at #19.) .

That talk kinda scared me. It seems this would only make sense if they knew or suspected that Cupp will not return to (or near to) his once great self.

Yeah that could be true. Also, it would seem that a DT like Murphy or Newton could now be in play for the Rams at 19 after Donald's retirement.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:59 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
The Keenan Allen trade is going to leave a big shake-up for me in my Top 11 picks, I can tell you that. I don't think the Chargers can move back from #5 anymore, for one thing. This will have a ripple effect on the mock. I'll try to see if more big moves happen on the weekend, and I'll probably do another mock no later than Monday.

Agreed, especially with last years pick looking like a bust as well.

If you really believe in one of the top two WR's, then maybe you take one of them at 5.

I still like the idea of trading down though, Stu do not give up on this!
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:33 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Agreed, especially with last years pick looking like a bust as well.

If you really believe in one of the top two WR's, then maybe you take one of them at 5.

I still like the idea of trading down though, Stu do not give up on this!

Daniel Jeremiah went on a podcast earlier today and he basically said that he believes that the Vikings must have a trade in place to get into the top 4. He said that it's the only for-sure way to get one of the top 4 QB's. He speculates that it's with Arizona at 4, and that perhaps Minnesota procuring #23 overall was at the request of Arizona. This would mean, of course, that Arizona would be passing on not just Harrison, but almost certainly on both Nabers and Odunze also. Jeremiah also said that between Washington and New England, he believes that Washington would be more willing to listen about trading down. Personally, I don't believe Washington is going to trade down. Just don't see that at all.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: