OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8557, 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:17 am    Post subject:

Dennis situation shows you how much of a business this is

No emotion. Lakers get a great deal, Dennis gets an NBA contract.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:23 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Dennis at the minimum is a no brainer. As a 6th man, that would be an unbelievable bargain. At least he defends. That would also allow the team to have a Plan B if the Russ situation gets worse. Having Nunn/Dennis isn't a bad thing.

Would be crazy for the guy who turned down 84m to take the min.

I get the case in a vacuum and if you’re committed to sending Russ home, makes some sense. But If f you’re going to come into camp with Russ, I’m not sure that wouldn’t just make things more combustible without actually moving the needle in a meaningful way.

Going from Dennis, to Russ, possibly to Kyrie and/or Dennis again, is like, we have a type, right?
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:25 am    Post subject:

Many here assured me we could move Dennis if we signed him for 84 million.

"Oh with the cap increase, this will be a tradeable contract."

Looks to be about as tradeable as Deng or Westbrook right now.

For a minimum... sure you take him.

But I got a lot of sh*t for being skeptical about our ability to trade him at 84 million.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:29 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

He'd be a great signing for minimum.

I thought the Celtics were going to throw the taxpayer MLE at him, but that possibility may have ended when they traded for Brogdon.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:30 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
srekal2 wrote:
If we trade for Randle, we are dumber than I thought.

What’s wrong with Randle? He was a all star just over a year ago by averaging a whopping 24/10 that’s at the same level as KG/Duncan and all the other PFs who put up all star stats, don’t be fooled by his play this past year, the Knicks were in a down right spiral from the beginning with them having chemistry issues.

take a look at his contract, if we traded for him, we can't keep Kyrie unless Jeanie is willing to pay GS level luxury tax.

Yeah I suspect Jeanie would be the only owner who wouldn’t pay the luxury tax that has LeBron/AD/Randle/Irving on the same team.

not true at all, in fact, less than 3 owners have the resources (Revenue) to pay that much luxury tax. it is going to be close to 200 mil.

True! Plus we will not know unless the opportunity presents itself under the right trade agreement. I mean if we need to over pay for every player, that makes no sense and it's just bad business.
Balto
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:33 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Quote:
Ralph Mason
@Ralph_MasonJr

Fischer: Lakers Kyrie thing is not happening as a 2 team deal. Having a hard time seeing a 3 team scenario that works. Overwhelming favorite place for Kyrie to play next season is Brooklyn imo

Cool beans.

Lakers get:
Kyrie
Hield

Nets get:
THT
Nunn
Turner

Pacers get:
Westbrook
2027+2029 1sts from Lakers

Lakers and Nets lower incoming cap while Pacers send out contracts for westbrooks expiring plus get two 1sts.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:38 am    Post subject:

How about LeVert/Love for Russ and a protected 1st?

Caris hasn’t extended yet and may be seeking more than Cleveland wants to pay (they did already extend Rubio). Love was told if he was a good soldier, the Cavs would look to move him at some point.

You could expand it to include players like THT or Osman if there were interest in a few different pieces. Pelinka and Altman have done a couple deals in the past, including last season’s Rondo trade.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:41 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

He'd be a great signing for minimum.

I thought the Celtics were going to throw the taxpayer MLE at him, but that possibility may have ended when they traded for Brogdon.

Agree to a certain extent...we'll go back to the only bigs being AD, Bryant, Jones and Gabriel...that's not a lot of depth there if one of those guys goes down...If we're not trading Russ I wish they would really start exploring doing away with THT and or Nunn.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:47 am    Post subject:

See my gif about Dennis Schroder.
logical24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:53 am    Post subject:

Ralph Mason
@Ralph_MasonJr
Fischer: Kyrie still wants to be a Laker, whether it’s this upcoming season or the next
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:53 am    Post subject:

We should get rid of some of these scrubs and sign either Dwight or Boogie or Dennis or IT

We need one more center and one more point guard more than these journeymen who can't shoot.

People here hate IT but he improved at Charlotte and he was one terrible game from getting another 10 day here.

If we can't get Kyrie, we need someone who can score.

I get that it's a longshot but so was Kyrie in terms of his mental issues staying in control so at least maybe one of those old guys will return to form.

It's good that the team got younger but we need to get some proven scorers if there's no Kyrie.

I wish Monk was still here.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:01 pm    Post subject:

3 min audio clip. More of the same (bleep). Says Kyrie is possible but unlikely. Mentions Indiana as a possible trade partner. Mentions hield/turner/Gordon. Thinks Lakers will do something by training camp.

Quote:
.@WojESPN on if Kyrie to the Lakers is still possible.

https://twitter.com/jimrome/status/1549475171043487744?t=f2lNmdNS3bdMxWojreQWmw&s=19
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:06 pm    Post subject:

logical24 wrote:
Ralph Mason
@Ralph_MasonJr
Fischer: Kyrie still wants to be a Laker, whether it’s this upcoming season or the next

Unfortunately he's probably stuck with the Nets this year.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:08 pm    Post subject:

logical24 wrote:
Ralph Mason
@Ralph_MasonJr

Looks like Kyrie’s current thinking is “I want to honor Kobe by playing for the Lakers.”

I don’t think he cares if Lebron is here or not.

However, knowing Kyrie he could easily change his mind. One thing that I’m sure of is the nets aren’t going to commit more than 2 years to Kyrie so any using the Lakers as leverage argument is weak in this case imo.
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:10 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
logical24 wrote:
Ralph Mason
@Ralph_MasonJr

Unfortunately he's probably stuck with the Nets this year.

See sig.
If we make another deal, it will be for a player with a year left. Note thatEric Gordon has 2 years left, but a team option for 23-24. So if we don’t get Kyire, moving THT 2 years contract in a deal for Gordon works for the 23 plan.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:11 pm    Post subject:

Hopefully that LJ Ellis guy knows something that no one has gotten ahold of yet.

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:13 pm    Post subject:

I saw this on a a knick's fan Twitter account. I cannot verify if this is what Fischer said.

Quote:
.@JakeLFischer also confirms that he's heard Russell Westbrook/NY rumblings even prior to Donovan Mitchell trade talks, and states that it’s very realistic now as a trade + buy-out scenario.

This adds to Marc Stein's report surrounding LA/NY as trade partners including Westbrook

https://twitter.com/knickzfeed/status/1549468475445465094?t=NgpPCjihaWBdiLg-tCmBsQ&s=19
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:19 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
I saw this on a a knick's fan Twitter account. I cannot verify if this is what Fischer said.

Quote:
.@JakeLFischer also confirms that he's heard Russell Westbrook/NY rumblings even prior to Donovan Mitchell trade talks, and states that it’s very realistic now as a trade + buy-out scenario.

This adds to Marc Stein's report surrounding LA/NY as trade partners including Westbrook

https://twitter.com/knickzfeed/status/1549468475445465094?t=NgpPCjihaWBdiLg-tCmBsQ&s=19

Is Randle more appealing to the Nets than Russ? I would think Julius would fill that Blake Griffin role very well. Maybe we flip Randle + 2 frp for kyrie in a three team?
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:23 pm    Post subject:

Portland had interest in Julius Randle.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:23 pm    Post subject:

hydrohead wrote:
32 wrote:

Quote:

Is Randle more appealing to the Nets than Russ? I would think Julius would fill that Blake Griffin role very well. Maybe we flip Randle + 2 frp for kyrie in a three team?

They might want to get off of Randle's contract. 4 years $117M.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:27 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
hydrohead wrote:
32 wrote:

Quote:

Kyrie is also an expiring, Knicks don't need us for this deal
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:32 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
32 wrote:
hydrohead wrote:
32 wrote:

Quote:

Technically yes but there are no reports that say the Nets want to take back salary. I'm pretty sure they don't.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:55 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
governator wrote:
32 wrote:
hydrohead wrote:
32 wrote:

Quote:

Technically yes but there are no reports that say the Nets want to take back salary. I'm pretty sure they don't.

So WB to NY
Kyrie AND Randle to LA?
what's going to Nets?
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:14 pm    Post subject:

^ I'm not sure Kyrie would be involved in the NY/LA trade. I wouldn't take Randle to dump Westbrook. I would rather have Fournier.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:20 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Forward JaMychal Green is finalizing a contract buyout with the Oklahoma City Thunder and plans to sign with the Golden State Warriors after he clears waivers, his agent Michael Hodges told @TheAthletic @Stadium.

Bummer. Could have used him.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8557, 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 8558 of 8560
Jump to: