OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5996, 5997, 5998 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 9:36 am    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Re: old Westbrook as future Laker discourse

1) How do you routinely get 15+ assists in an NBA game today? Dude had 21 assists tonight without Bradley Beal. No Beal!

2) If you were dry humping Rondo and are now crapping on Westbrook, what are you doing with your basketball life?

3) Let a Southern California dude come home to compete for a title. Where's the heart?

That 40 mil+ salary is awe inspiring.

His contract runs through 2023. Sign him then. He can join Beal and AD in LA.

ETA: I hope it happens just to piss of Aeneas.

Last edited by Baron Von Humongous on Tue May 11, 2021 9:46 am; edited 1 time in total
#savethekids
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 9:36 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
governator wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
32 wrote:
Stick a fork in Boston. Jaylen Brown is out for the season with a wrist injury.

Sucks for Brown but Boston was never really a threat this year. Not since Kemba joined that team.

Kyrie, Smart, Brown, Tatum, Horford, Marcus Morris and boat load of picks to this team, glad they didn't swing for AD

It's amazing how badly Ainge played the great hand he had; he couldn't translate Kyrie/Hayward/Horford into anything comparable to their value and the 27 picks he amassed are ALL spent/gone on names like Langford, Grant Williams, Pritchard, Nesmith, who may turn out to be nice players, but unlikely all-stars.

Ainge is simply put not a very good GM.
He'll be forever remembered by winning that trade with the Nets, but he turned all that into (bleep).

Poker 101 don't let the other guy hit the flush on the river when you have a made hand.
Take the win, he held his winning hand too long.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 9:41 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
I wonder if Russ tells his teammates... if I pass you the ball you better shoot and not pass it to anyone else... so he doesn't get any hockey assist nonsense.

Obviously it's a crazy theory, but it would explain how such an inefficient player who never leads even super talented teams to victory could put up 15 assists per game.

Outside of Beal and occasionally Hachimura everyone on that Wizards team needs to be set up.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 9:49 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
I wonder if Russ tells his teammates... if I pass you the ball you better shoot and not pass it to anyone else... so he doesn't get any hockey assist nonsense.

Obviously it's a crazy theory, but it would explain how such an inefficient player who never leads even super talented teams to victory could put up 15 assists per game.

Outside of Beal and occasionally Hachimura everyone on that Wizards team needs to be set up.

I get why people love Russ's incredible athleticism and effort but I just prefer efficiency over energy.

If we had the chance to bring back one of the SoCal dudes... you'd really choose Russ over Harden?

I know people here hate Harden, but I always wanted to pair him with AD if LBJ retired soon.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 9:57 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

I get why people love Russ's incredible athleticism and effort but I just prefer efficiency over energy.

If we had the chance to bring back one of the SoCal dudes... you'd really choose Russ over Harden?

I know people here hate Harden, but I always wanted to pair him with AD if LBJ retired soon.

who would choose Westbrook over Harden?
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 10:07 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

People were always talking about getting Russ... while talking about Harden like he was trash who could only draw fouls.

Now that Russ is on this incredible run (And it is incredible) they are forgetting all the bricking that he does on a regular basis.

I'm glad to hear you aren't one of those who blindly hate on James.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 10:09 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
governator wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

People were always talking about getting Russ... while talking about Harden like he was trash who could only draw fouls.

Now that Russ is on this incredible run (And it is incredible) they are forgetting all the bricking that he does on a regular basis.

I'm glad to hear you aren't one of those who blindly hate on James.

Id still clown Harden cause he's not a Lakers but dude is top 5 with Bron-KD-Giannis and AD, sorry Curry/Embiid/Kawhi
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 10:25 am    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:

1) How do you routinely get 15+ assists in an NBA game today? Dude had 21 assists tonight without Bradley Beal. No Beal!

2) If you were dry humping Rondo and are now crapping on Westbrook, what are you doing with your basketball life?

3) Let a Southern California dude come home to compete for a title. Where's the heart?

Too early to predict what our needs will be in 2023. Westbrook will be pushing 35 when his current contract runs out. The wheels will fall off eventually, just a question of when.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 10:29 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
DrDent wrote:

Too early to predict what our needs will be in 2023. Westbrook will be pushing 35 when his current contract runs out. The wheels will fall off eventually, just a question of when.

Sounds like something non-Lakers fans say about Bron.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 10:48 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 10:50 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
DrDent wrote:

After Beal gets traded to the Lakers, the Wizards and Russ come to a buyout agreement for his final contract year (which he opts into). He joins up with the Lakers to ring chase during LeBron's farewell season.

Westbrook
Beal
LeBron
AD
Valančiūnas

The Lakers win their third title in four seasons. This is a word from the future.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 12:16 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
DrDent wrote:

After Beal gets traded to the Lakers, the Wizards and Russ come to a buyout agreement for his final contract year (which he opts into). He joins up with the Lakers to ring chase during LeBron's farewell season.

Westbrook
Beal
LeBron
AD
Valančiūnas

The Lakers win their third title in four seasons. This is a word from the future.

I look forward to all of this!!!
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 1:03 pm    Post subject:

If Russ could take a page from Kidd and Rondo and stop jumping 2 feet in the air for his 3s, he might develop a more consistent shot and extend his career by a few years.

He is still however atrocious on defense.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 3:18 pm    Post subject:

Everyone can clown Russ for his game , inefficient ways etc. but dudes career when over is going down as one of the greatest ever. The hype every other player gets after a triple double is ridiculous. When Russ does it other areas are picked apart.

He’s a legend and for me is much watch.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 4:29 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
activeverb wrote:
DrDent wrote:

Sounds like something non-Lakers fans say about Bron.

I'm a Lakers fan, and I'd say it about Lebron too. When he plays, he plays at a high level, but as we've seen this year he's not indestructible.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 4:32 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
DrDent wrote:

Westbrook
Beal
LeBron
AD
Valančiūnas

I predict the Wizards won't buy him out, certainly not at the start of the season. By next season, fans will be in the stands again, and Westbrook will be a draw. I don't see them paying him $40 million (or whatever the buyout amount would be) to play for another team.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 5:49 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
activeverb wrote:
DrDent wrote:

Westbrook
Beal
LeBron
AD
Valančiūnas

I predict the Wizards won't buy him out, certainly not at the start of the season. By next season, fans will be in the stands again, and Westbrook will be a draw. I don't see them paying him $40 million (or whatever the buyout amount would be) to play for another team.

I'm talking about the 2022-23 season when this happens.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 6:03 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
activeverb wrote:
DrDent wrote:

Westbrook
Beal
LeBron
AD
Valančiūnas

I understood that. I just don't think they'll pay him $35-40 million to play for another team, and I don't think he'll give back enough money to make it worthwhile for them to cut him loose. But we shall see.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 6:17 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
activeverb wrote:
activeverb wrote:
DrDent wrote:

Westbrook
Beal
LeBron
AD
Valančiūnas

I understood that. I just don't think they'll pay him $35-40 million to play for another team, and I don't think he'll give back enough money to make it worthwhile for them to cut him loose. But we shall see.

This has already happened. I'm just a reporter.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 11:48 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
DrDent wrote:

Westbrook
Beal
LeBron
AD
Valančiūnas

So what's the deal that gets Beal?
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 9:59 am    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
activeverb wrote:
DrDent wrote:

Westbrook
Beal
LeBron
AD
Valančiūnas

So what's the deal that gets Beal?

DS/THT/Roko Prkacin/2027 & 2029 1sts/2026 & 2028 pick swaps
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 12:50 pm    Post subject:

Oladipo to undergo season-ending surgery on his right quad. I'm telling you, his career is looking like a one-year outlier. A shame, really.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 1:55 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Oladipo to undergo season-ending surgery on his right quad. I'm telling you, his career is looking like a one-year outlier. A shame, really.

I never understood the hype.
It's just sad, all the $ he lost by turning down extensions.
Turned down 4 years $112 M from Indiana. Turned down 2 years $45 M from Houston.

The guy can't stay healthy. And it took him 5 consecutive healthy years (starting his career) to figure out how to be an above average starter.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 5:33 pm    Post subject:

I didn’t think there would be a more annoying player to watch than Harden. I was wrong. Trae Young is worse to watch than Harden lol.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 11:08 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
DS/THT/Roko Prkacin/2027 & 2029 1sts/2026 & 2028 pick swaps

You sure about that Baron? Roko is too much. I heard from Dr. Emmett Brown he will be the next Larry Bird.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5996, 5997, 5998 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 5997 of 8560
Jump to: