OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8305, 8306, 8307 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:43 am    Post subject:

Otto Porter is who he is already. Happier with Lonnie.

He will do good things for us and continue growing.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:44 am    Post subject:

Quote:

Not sure what’s been reported elsewhere this morning, but I can report definitively that the Sixers are not and have not been engaged in trade talks for Kyrie this offseason.

There’s no appetite for him in Philly.

The Lakers are the Nets only current suitor.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

lakersfan32 wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
Otto Porter Jr. was gotten for the mid level. Lakers and their dumb insistence of 1 year deals smh.

https://twitter.com/jlew1050/status/1543628565056471041

same deal as divicenzo

He went to GS to get the Porter Jr treatment he’s also trying to get back to his level coming from that major injury he had.
Retired Number
Retired Number

I find it funny how some fans here think that every free agent wants to play for the Lakers. Not every player wants to play for the Lakers.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

vasashi17+ wrote:
The 2023 cap plan strikes again…

Maybe…but if we end up with Kyrie and curry or Harris I’m calling this a miracle off season. That’s my opinion….I’m sure people think differently but the fact it Bron and Kyrie have a title and throw in a “healthy” AD and I like our chances.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

LakerSD wrote:
hydrohead wrote:
Otto ghosted us last year. Toronto currently a more competitive team and his wife is from there. Even if the Lakers offered two, he prob picks Toronto.

Yeah this is one case where our location was a disadvantage. He was always going to choose Toronto.

Yep. And it was exactly the same last year when he chose GS.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:45 am    Post subject:

Really skeptical with this Harris thing. Lakers better be 100% sure if they accept because it reeks of #damagedgoods
Retired Number
Retired Number

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Quote:

Not sure what’s been reported elsewhere this morning, but I can report definitively that the Sixers are not and have not been engaged in trade talks for Kyrie this offseason.

I know who this is from but why don't you please leave a link or a source.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

32 wrote:
I find it funny how some fans here think that every free agent wants to play for the Lakers. Not every player wants to play for the Lakers.

It is part of Robs job to convince them
NATO
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:46 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:47 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Really skeptical with this Harris thing. Lakers better be 100% sure if they accept because it reeks of #damagedgoods

Trying to get Harris in the deal has nothing to do with his injury issues IMO, it’s purely a financial move.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:48 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:

Not everyone. I'd say maybe about 90%. They want to play with Lebron and AD more than for the Lakers because if I recalled correctly, between 2013 and 2017 we weren't able to get quality free agents like this. Even when we cleared capspace, we've got Moz and Deng. So yeah, I'm terrified to think of what might happen after Bron and AD are gone.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:48 am    Post subject:

Not feeling good about Kyrie trade. It’s been dragged way too long. Brooklyn has no intention to oblige to Irving’s demand, if anything they are pissed off on how things unfolded, so they’re not gonna play any favor for anyone. Secondly, do you really think a package around Russ and 1st round pick will net you kyrie freaking irving? Personally I hope lakers not stupid enough trying to be stingy about the added pieces, give Nets anything they want, kyrie LeBron and AD will have a 2 year title window together. Then the window will be extended with a 32 year old kyrie and a 31 year old AD. This trade honestly is too good to be true that I doubt it’ll actually happen.

Last edited by SGV-Laker fan on Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Karmaloop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:49 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

It's almost certainly a negotiating ploy to lower the draft capital being sent out. Curry/Irving saves $2M as opposed to adding another $8.5M with Irving/Harris. If the Nets want cap savings, they'll take less draft capital. If they want better draft picks, they'll lose the cap savings.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:52 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Trying to get Harris in the deal has nothing to do with his injury issues IMO, it’s purely a financial move.

That's my assessment, too.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:54 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Quote:

I know who this is from but why don't you please leave a link or a source.

Whatever the source may be, the idea that the Sixers were interested in Irving seems implausible. What, are they going to reunite him with Harden?
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:57 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Not feeling good about Kyrie trade. It’s been dragged way too long. Brooklyn has no intention to oblige to Irving’s demand, if anything they are pissed off on how things unfolded, so they’re not gonna play any favor for anyone. Secondly, do you really think a package around Russ and 1st round pick will net you kyrie freaking irving? Personally I hope lakers not stupid enough trying to be stingy about the added pieces, give Nets anything they want, kyrie LeBron and AD will have a 2 year title window together. Then the window will be extended with a 32 year old kyrie and a 31 year old AD. This trade honestly is too good to be true that I doubt it’ll actually happen.

I don’t think so with Kyrie. He will sit out the entire year with no problem.

The thing with this situation is Kyrie has already (bleep) up 3 organizations…to think we will be different is being foolish. That’s why sending FRPs is a bad idea unless you are sure he will be part of the core next 4+ seasons.

Imo our run way is one more title run…I see Kyrie quitting basketball sometime in the next 2 seasons.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Some Laker fans don't even want to give up one frp for Kyrie. Too many delusional Laker fans here. I agree with you. I've said before the most likely scenario is no trade and Lakers start the season with Brick on the roster and Nets with Kyrie on their roster. It's very a undesirable scenario but most likely because both teams want to come out ahead in the trade.

After what happened last season, the Lakers will be stingy about giving up assets. Too stingy that the other party finds the offer unattractive and therefore unwilling to do the deal. Nobody will help us. We have to help ourselves. If they will not trade with us, then we just have to build thru other means like the undrafted market. We will sign Kyrie next year for free without giving up what little of our assets left.

Last edited by lakersfever714 on Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LBJ23 wrote:
32 wrote:

And it is also their decision to just say “No thanks”. We are not entitled to any of them.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:59 am    Post subject:

The Nets are better with 82 games from Russell and a play-in berth over 0 games from Kyrie who will then sign with us for FREE next off-season.

Last edited by JUST-MING on Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:03 am; edited 2 times in total
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:59 am    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
32 wrote:

Exactly! Dude can’t close tho. I guess he needed to sit in Otto’s driveway instead of using the 500k burner line.

Quote:
The Athletic's Jovan Buha reports that the Lakers hope to land a quality wing with their limited cap space once free agency begins.

According to The Athletic's Jovan Buha, Otto Porter Jr. and T.J. Warren highlight the swingmen the Lakers are targeting once free agency begins tomorrow.

Nabbing just one will be a challenge for a team that has just $6.4M to offer in addition to veteran minimum contracts.

https://www.si.com/nba/lakers/news/lakers-rumors-la-targeting-otto-porter-jr-and-t-j-warren-in-free-agency-says-nba-insider-ee21

Last edited by vasashi17+ on Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:01 am; edited 1 time in total
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:00 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Some Laker fans don't even want to give up one frp for Kyrie. Too many delusional Laker fans here. I agree with you. I've said before the most likely scenario is no trade and Lakers start the season with Brick on the roster and Nets with Kyrie on their roster. It's very a undesirable scenario but most likely because both teams want to come out ahead in the trade.

After what happened last season, the Lakers will be stingy about giving up assets. Too stingy that the other party finds the offer unattractive and therefore unwilling to do the deal. Nobody will help us. We have to help ourselves.

And what happens if you give up an FRP or even worse 2 and Kyrie decides he’s done with basketball during the regular season.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:01 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

I don’t think so with Kyrie. He will sit out the entire year with no problem.

The thing with this situation is Kyrie has already (bleep) up 3 organizations…to think we will be different is being foolish. That’s why sending FRPs is a bad idea unless you are sure he will be part of the core next 4+ seasons.

Imo our run way is one more title run…I see Kyrie quitting basketball sometime in the next 2 seasons.

They are better off getting 82 games from Russell and a play-in berth over 0 games from Kyrie Irving who will sign with us for FREE next off-season.

We don't have the cap room to sign Kyrie "for free" unless Lebron walks, and if Lebron walks you wouldn't want Kyrie anyway. If Lebron re-signs you'd have to renounce the rights to everybody on the team just to offer Kyrie like 22 million a year (credit vasahi) with no guarantee that it's even a good fit. I think that's worth a distant first round pick, don't you think?

Last edited by levon on Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:02 am; edited 1 time in total
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:01 am    Post subject:

Let's stop talking about Kyrie because it makes us look desperate. We have to show that we're willing to play out the season with Brick and wait out Kyrie. The more we talk about Kyrie, the more desperate we look and the Nets could see that and use that as leverage.

Last edited by lakersfever714 on Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:03 am    Post subject:

Per Nick Wright.

Sorry if this has been posted. This has to get done.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8305, 8306, 8307 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 8306 of 8560
Jump to: