OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7346, 7347, 7348 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:19 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
MJST wrote:
dino wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Quote:

Pincus: “I’ve actually heard Lakers have passed on Jerami Grant. He doesn’t want to play a tertiary role behind Bron/AD. Lakers would also have to invest big money (extension) in him”

could be posturing as well, maybe the lakers are trying to not bid against themselves...would be great if they kept the 1st or at least got a 2nd back...

Grant wants an extension guaranteed. He plays the positions that LeBron and AD already start at that he isn't better than them at. It's easy to see why he'd not want to play here.

If they are putting together a THT/Nunn/1st package, go get Myles Turner please. But hope they just take Nunn/1st

Yeah let’s get a guy who is injured and we don’t know when he is coming back

Evaluated in 2 weeks and should be fine.

And you get a defensive center that can stretch the floor.

Also Grant was injured, didn't stop people from screaming about him

If I was GM, and Pacers were interested (yes, yes, I'm already down the "if ifs were buts and candy were nuts..." path), I'm going for Myles. I'm on record for being big on Grant, but I am seriously intrigued with placing Turner along AD. Talk about horrifying length an opposing team has to face inside. AD can then roam, and just be a beast. LBJ brings length / size as well. Would be sorta the PITA length Memphis brings nightly. Plus Turner can hit a 3, so you basically get a M Gasol on offense*, but of course, younger and more athletic on D.

But, back in reality land..yea, not happening. Unless Pacers really have a thing for THT.

*EDIT: Just the 3 aspect...not the great passing aspect
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:23 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
MJST wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
MJST wrote:
dino wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Quote:

Pincus: “I’ve actually heard Lakers have passed on Jerami Grant. He doesn’t want to play a tertiary role behind Bron/AD. Lakers would also have to invest big money (extension) in him”

could be posturing as well, maybe the lakers are trying to not bid against themselves...would be great if they kept the 1st or at least got a 2nd back...

Grant wants an extension guaranteed. He plays the positions that LeBron and AD already start at that he isn't better than them at. It's easy to see why he'd not want to play here.

If they are putting together a THT/Nunn/1st package, go get Myles Turner please. But hope they just take Nunn/1st

If I was GM, and Pacers were interested (yes, yes, I'm already down the "if ifs were buts and candy were nuts..." path), I'm going for Myles. I'm on record for being big on Grant, but I am seriously intrigued with placing Turner along AD. Talk about horrifying length an opposing team has to face inside. AD can then roam, and just be a beast. LBJ brings length / size as well. Would be sorta the PITA length Memphis brings nightly. Plus Turner can hit a 3, so you basically get a M Gasol on offense*, but of course, younger and more athletic on D.

But, back in reality land..yea, not happening. Unless Pacers really have a thing for THT.

*EDIT: Just the 3 aspect...not the great passing aspect

I agree on your Turner/AD combo being a problem to teams in the paint. Sad thing is, had we kept AC and KCP, we would be looking good to make a playoff run with the paint locked down and guys who can defend the 3. Instead we got Russ. So even with Turner we are still weak defending the 3.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:43 am    Post subject:

Yeah the Grant trade makes sense on the court for this season but next season and beyond it makes no sense to give up longterm assets for him. You can't realistically keep Bron, AD, Grant and WB. Just way too much salary.

For this season, Grant gives you a starting level player who can play the Stanley role but much better on offense. That is why the Lakers want him. They can run small ball lineups with Bron and also bigger ones with AD/Bron/Grant. Gives them a lot more talent to work with.

I guess you can say we will get rid of WB in the offseason, or not re-sign him when Grant's next contract is due. But if you're giving up THT, #1, then you better keep Grant on a 3-4 year deal beyond this deal.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DeeAgeaux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:57 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

I guess you can say we will get rid of WB in the offseason, or not re-sign him when Grant's next contract is due. But if you're giving up THT, #1, then you better keep Grant on a 3-4 year deal beyond this deal.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

Grant makes $21M next season.

Positionless basketball. Bron/AD/Grant plus another ball handler plus a guy that can defend the quicker smaller players in the league.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:57 am    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Can’t wait for the trade deadline to pass.

I’m pretty settled on this being our team. Once the deadline passes we can stop with the crazy trade scenarios.

Not exactly. When the trade deadline passes, it's buyout season.

But yes, I'd be surprised if we make more than cosmetic changes to the roster. We just don't have anything to trade. There's always a possibility that some GM is in love with THT or has designs on our 2027 first round pick, the fact that nothing has happened so far suggests that no one is excited about THT. At this point, I'm worried that Pelinka will try to do something dramatic (like a Davis trade) and get fleeced again.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:57 am    Post subject:

Laker_Town wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Quote:

This suggests the Pistons offered and Lakers said no, that's not what I communicated

https://twitter.com/EricPincus/status/1485826625631444995?t=voltdOjHg3B44YeWEmgfkA&s=19

Eric clarified

On my phone so quote block is off

what was the offer? no leaks?
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:00 am    Post subject:

hydrohead wrote:
I thought Eric was well connected enough to find his own intel and not lift it from others.

I don't remember seeing Eric do any original reporting in a long time, but then I don't read all of his articles. He may have some sources.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:08 am    Post subject:

Quote:
James Harden has not enjoyed living in Brooklyn and has voiced his frustrations regarding Kyrie Irving's part-time playing status, per B/R's @JakeLFischer

Harden has made it clear he intends to test out free agency even if it leads him back to the Nets.

https://twitter.com/bleacherreport/status/1486004314556571657?s=21
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:21 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
Quote:
James Harden has not enjoyed living in Brooklyn and has voiced his frustrations regarding Kyrie Irving's part-time playing status, per B/R's @JakeLFischer

Harden has made it clear he intends to test out free agency even if it leads him back to the Nets.

The sea has really parted for a Bucks repeat
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:25 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
MJST wrote:
dino wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Quote:

I don’t care for j grant but a right finger injury to a wing is totally different then foot reaction to a big right
Lamar's Bud
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:28 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
Quote:

Interesting, but I can't fault anyone for being upset at Kyrie's part-time status. And whether this is true or not, Harden has every reason to test Free Agency instead of extending "now".

He will get a max contract from someone. So why not just play it out and see where the dust settles this season, then call his shot for his next destination? If he says he doesn't want to stay in BKN, it'd be shocking if BKN is not interested in facilitating a S&T to recoup something for him.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:51 am    Post subject:

Harden is so weak. Throws a fit in Houston to trade Chris Paul. Throws a fit to leave. Gets to a team with two other superstars, one being Kevin Durant. Team is underperforming because of him. Now wanting to leave Durant as well.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:54 am    Post subject:

someone should remind Harden he's not 25 years old anymore. he's more closer to Melo getting vet min year to year than teams lining up for his service with max contract.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:58 am    Post subject:

levon wrote:
Harden is so weak. Throws a fit in Houston to trade Chris Paul. Throws a fit to leave. Gets to a team with two other superstars, one being Kevin Durant. Team is underperforming because of him. Now wanting to leave Durant as well.

The team is underperforming because of Harden? Go splash some cold water in your face. The team is 29-17 even though Joe Harris is out, Kevin Durant is out, and Kyrie Irving is a part-timer.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:16 am    Post subject:

levon wrote:

Come on. Harden at least is available to play, as opposed to the others "superstars"
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:26 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
levon wrote:

Come on. Harden at least is available to play, as opposed to the others "superstars"

💯
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:31 am    Post subject: Had

Quote:

“I was told his representation came to the Pistons and said 'If you're going to trade him, here's a list of teams we would be interested in going to play for.'”

- Brian Windhorst on Jerami Grant’s wishlist

(Via The Hoop Collective | h/t @RealGM )

Even Jerami grant has a list now lol
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:46 am    Post subject:

bron, russ, harden, AD surrounded by the absolute worst complimentary players ever next year.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:52 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
levon wrote:

The team is underperforming because of Harden? Go splash some cold water in your face. The team is 29-17 even though Joe Harris is out, Kevin Durant is out, and Kyrie Irving is a part-timer.

Durant hasn't been out for the majority of this season while Harden's been putting up stinkers. Yes, they've been underperforming relative to their worldbeater expectations, and frankly if if wasn't for Durant's and Mills' stellar play they'd be losing to even more inferior teams. This is reflected in their net rtg.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:52 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
Quote:

not surprised, not everyone like the NYC/Brooklyn lifestyle. maybe the strip clubs aren't popping for him, but i am not sure Philly will do any better.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:32 am    Post subject:

Russell Westbrook for John Wall?

Quote:
(ESPN) Marc J. Spears: John Wall is working out in Miami, away from the Rockets, as the team continues to survey his trade market. Although Houston has had some conversations about Wall, most of those scenarios are viewed as “pie in the sky”. The club views a swap involving Russell Westbrook as the most realistic option for Wall at this point.

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/newyork/podcast/archive/_/id/3634017
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:42 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:

Quote:
(ESPN) Marc J. Spears: John Wall is working out in Miami, away from the Rockets, as the team continues to survey his trade market. Although Houston has had some conversations about Wall, most of those scenarios are viewed as “pie in the sky”. The club views a swap involving Russell Westbrook as the most realistic option for Wall at this point.

lol. If they add KPJ and hood
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:43 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:

Quote:

I had a dream last night and it was John Wall becoming a Laker
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:46 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

Quote:

Time to inspect your gadget
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:55 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

Quote:

dreams are always the opposite.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7346, 7347, 7348 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 7347 of 8560
Jump to: