OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7325, 7326, 7327 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:59 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I, like many around the league, was previously under the impression that the Rockets would have less than zero interest in a Westbrook reunion after Houston traded Westbrook to Washington for John Wall in December 2020 shortly before the start of last season. I’ve since learned that the Rockets — while indeed holding no interest in having Westbrook play for them again — actually would be amenable to another Westbrook-for-Wall swap if the Lakers incentivized the trade with sufficient draft compensation.

To be clear: This is not a scenario likely to materialize between now and Feb. 10 or one I would advise the Lakers to pursue so soon even after all of my criticism of the Westbrook trade in the first place. Yet sources say that the Lakers could convince Houston to take Westbrook back for Wall if they attached their 2027 first-round draft pick to the deal. The Lakers could naturally try to offer multiple second-round picks instead, but L.A.’s 2027 first-rounder is the piece rival teams naturally covet.

– via Marc Stein @ marcstein.substack.com

What’s interesting about all of this is that Russ is cool about being benched. Maybe he’s fine with being benched here, but not sure he takes on the Wall role in Htown. If the Wall deal does come to fruition, maybe Russ buys his way out of Htown and joins a contender for his revenge against us. Would be hilarious if he ends up teaming up with KD/Harden in BK.
Note: Nets have that Dinwiddie TPE, but cannot use it on Russ if he does end up becoming a FA via Htown buyout.

But I am getting ahead of myself….
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:00 pm    Post subject:

I prefer Julius Randle over Jerami Grant..
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:03 pm    Post subject:

hell no, please don't offer that 2027 FRP for a wall/Russ swap, that is dumb
logical24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:03 pm    Post subject:

Did Detroit decline by any chance? just read what we offered and what not.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:04 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
Quote:
I, like many around the league, was previously under the impression that the Rockets would have less than zero interest in a Westbrook reunion after Houston traded Westbrook to Washington for John Wall in December 2020 shortly before the start of last season. I’ve since learned that the Rockets — while indeed holding no interest in having Westbrook play for them again — actually would be amenable to another Westbrook-for-Wall swap if the Lakers incentivized the trade with sufficient draft compensation.

To be clear: This is not a scenario likely to materialize between now and Feb. 10 or one I would advise the Lakers to pursue so soon even after all of my criticism of the Westbrook trade in the first place. Yet sources say that the Lakers could convince Houston to take Westbrook back for Wall if they attached their 2027 first-round draft pick to the deal. The Lakers could naturally try to offer multiple second-round picks instead, but L.A.’s 2027 first-rounder is the piece rival teams naturally covet.

What’s interesting about all of this is that Russ is cool about being benched. Maybe he’s fine with being benched here, but not sure he takes on the Wall role in Htown. If the Wall deal does come to fruition, maybe Russ buys his way out of Htown and joins a contender for his revenge against us. Would be hilarious if he ends up teaming up with KD/Harden in BK.
Note: Nets have that Dinwiddie TPE, but cannot use it on Russ if he does end up becoming a FA via Htown buyout.

I don't see where it says Russ is cool with being benched. However if the Lakers attached an asset to WB, I think the Rockets see it as an asset upgrade. They would then shop WB in the offseason.

Can Wall still play off the bench for 15 minutes? Could he do the Rondo role? Wonder. Because a lot would depend on Nunn. If Nunn is a good defender that can shoot the ball a little, we could use Wall as a backup PG when Lebron sits.

If we move that 2027 pick to Houston, I would heavily protect it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
dj1337
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:04 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
I prefer Julius Randle over Jerami Grant..

randle this year is even less efficent than grant lol.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:05 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
Quote:

I don't see where it says Russ is cool with being benched. However if the Lakers attached an asset to WB, I think the Rockets see it as an asset upgrade. They would then shop WB in the offseason.

Can Wall still play off the bench for 15 minutes? Could he do the Rondo role? Wonder. Because a lot would depend on Nunn. If Nunn is a good defender that can shoot the ball a little, we could use Wall as a backup PG when Lebron sits.

If we move that 2027 pick to Houston, I would heavily protect it.

And get KPJ back
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:05 pm    Post subject:

dj1337 wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
dj1337 wrote:
is wall even a upgrade? He shoots just as bad as westbrook these days, he might be better on defense but not sure right now after injury.

He’s a upgrade in terms of offense, he can make jumpers a lot better then Westbrook can, but Westbrook is better on the other areas.

Wall and RW are nearly the same in shooting ability for their careers.

Wall - .462% eFG%
Westbrook - .467% eFG%

Yea I was gonna say the same, and wall has a injury now so I expect it to only get worse.

also Westbrook didn't torn his Achilles.
dj1337
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:06 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
dj1337 wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
dj1337 wrote:
is wall even a upgrade? He shoots just as bad as westbrook these days, he might be better on defense but not sure right now after injury.

He’s a upgrade in terms of offense, he can make jumpers a lot better then Westbrook can, but Westbrook is better on the other areas.

Wall - .462% eFG%
Westbrook - .467% eFG%

Yea I was gonna say the same, and wall has a injury now so I expect it to only get worse.

Thats what i said wall injury means his Achilles.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:07 pm    Post subject:

dj1337 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
dj1337 wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
dj1337 wrote:

Wall - .462% eFG%
Westbrook - .467% eFG%

getting wall isn't about anything other than getting rid of Russ.
dj1337
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:09 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
dj1337 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
dj1337 wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
dj1337 wrote:

Wall - .462% eFG%
Westbrook - .467% eFG%

wall isnt better than russ though, rather keep russ and try to get it to work. Also, russ should be in everytime lebron isn't but I keep noticing vogel takes them both out for stretchs. Give lebron a rest and tell westbrook to play westbrook ball then.
wongst288
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:14 pm    Post subject:

Would Knicks do:
Randle + Founrier + Kemba for Russ + THT??
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

dj1337 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
dj1337 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
dj1337 wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
dj1337 wrote:

Wall - .462% eFG%
Westbrook - .467% eFG%

wall isnt better than russ though, rather keep russ and try to get it to work. Also, russ should be in everytime lebron isn't but I keep noticing vogel takes them both out for stretchs. Give lebron a rest and tell westbrook to play westbrook ball then.

Yea wall isn’t any better imo, and his contract is literally the same as Russ’s. If we are attaching a first it would have to be someone stupid enough to take on that salary, not just give us back a clone.
Chick's Magic Johnson
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

Am I missing something? Why the hell would we swap Russ for Wall and pay for the privilege? They both have almost identical $47M player options for next year, so it doesn't help us get off any salary. Russ is a disappointment, but he's arguably better than John Wall. This sure seems like useful thinking from Houston and some clickbait from Stein. Slow deadline, I guess?

If another team somehow valued Wall and gave us something in return, maybe. But, I'm guessing Houston would be dealing directly with that team if it existed.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wolfpaclaker wrote:
I dunno about that Grant move. Man, that's a lot to give up for yet another 19M a year player.

What we need to do is undo the damage of the WB trade. That killed our depth, and we're relying on players who were not guaranteed NBA roster spots at the start of the year.

If you look at our 2-way role guys. We're relying on Monk who says he didn't get any offer but LA (and hard to even consider Monk a 2-way), Reaves (undrafted rookie), Stanley (in/out of the league), Bradley (Cut at Warriors camp).

So our 2-ways guys went from KCP, Kuz, Caruso, Dennis to those guys. It's a huge drop off in 2-way talent.

Grant is a 2-way guy (if he's focused on defense like he was in Denver), but the issue I see is salary. He's going to make it even harder to stay deep. You have Bron, Grant, AD, WB. That's already 150M range for next year. How the heck do you add some quality guards, because you will need some 2 guards and a backup PG around those guys for a run next season.

The Grant move screams Rob trying to save this season. This season is done. Wrap it up. Whether you trade for Grant or not, the season is done. The only way you save this season if by some miracle AD returns plays bubble AD mode and suddenly Westbrook adapts to his role. I give about a 1 in 50 chance of happening.

THT, 1st pick, Nunn. These guys are decent/good assets. Keep them, Rob. You'll need them next year.

Sounds spot on. AND we are done, finito and the FO should feel embarrassed this year for their poor decision making but let's not pile those up.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:17 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
hell no, please don't offer that 2027 FRP for a wall/Russ swap, that is dumb

If there was a worse trade than the original RW trade, this would be it. Literally trading the same two players for each other but one is coming off a major injury and only played 40 games last year. Yeah let's throw in our first since that's what we're great at.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:17 pm    Post subject:

No Ben
No Myles
No rent
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:23 pm    Post subject:

Nowhere it says lakers are looking/willing to trade Westbrook

The leak is from Houston side. Lakers are desperate to win now and not tank and get a guy who hasn’t played in years
logical24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:24 pm    Post subject:

Only thing that may happen is a third team takes wall and our first, rockets get Russ and we get role players from the third team

Which takes me back to that Cavs/Lakers/Houston 3 way trade

Lakers Sexton/Love/Gordon
Houston Westbrook/2027 1st/Filler
Cavaliers Wall/2 2nd rounders/Fillers

Last edited by logical24 on Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:25 pm    Post subject:

This Westbrook for John Wall crap has to stop. How much worse can we make the situation?
John Wall has played like 100 total games in the last 5-6 years.
Don't want to get near that crap...
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:31 pm    Post subject:

here ya go, for a good laugh. AD and THT for brown and smart, lol

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/b-r-trade-proposal-posits-180959976.html
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:32 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
here ya go, for a good laugh. AD and THT for brown and smart, lol

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/b-r-trade-proposal-posits-180959976.html

tatum/williams
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:33 pm    Post subject:

Lakers have offered THT, Nunn, and a first for grant.
https://twitter.com/hmfaigen/status/1484653908488294404?s=21
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:33 pm    Post subject:

Would the Nets be open to Harden + fillers for AD?
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:34 pm    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:
Lakers have offered THT, Nunn, and a first for grant.
https://twitter.com/hmfaigen/status/1484653908488294404?s=21

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7325, 7326, 7327 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 7326 of 8560
Jump to: