OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7292, 7293, 7294 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:10 am    Post subject:

At the asking price, mo bamba >> Myles Turner

Vet min + 2 2nd.

3 weeks before deadline everyone wants 1st that turn into 2 2nd by deadline
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:18 am    Post subject:

Isn’t Mo up for a contract extension though? Lots of players potentially available from teams that don’t want to extend them.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:24 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Isn’t Mo up for a contract extension though? Lots of players potentially available from teams that don’t want to extend them.

Yes he is but wont demand as much as Myles

I would use tht + 1st on a 3/d wing. I don’t want grant but someone like him
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:32 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
fansincemagic wrote:
carjoch831 wrote:
Quote:
NBA Central
@TheNBACentral
·
1h
The Pacers are seeking two first-round picks or a promising young player and a first-round pick in exchange for Myles Turnerl, per @MikeAScotto

The Pacers are also seeking a first-round pick and a good young player in exchange for Caris LeVert

We got this, Ellington and AB are 1st rounders. That or if they prefer the promising young player, THT has been promising to improve his defense, shooting and use of his left for a while.

THT + 1st for Turner? Does the math work?

Myles has a likely incentive of 500k that makes his base salary of 17.5m be seen as 18m in our going salary. He has another 2m in unlikely incentives (making one of the All-NBA & All Defensive teams)…that would take his outgoing salary to 20m. I doubt that unlikely incentive becomes likely.

So in the case that he’s seen as 18m, we need THT at a minimum as a core piece along with 3 vet min deals and the 2027 1st. If Indy does not want to overhaul their roster in essentially a 4for1 deal, then they would have to send us back their only eligible minimum player in Brisset (via Rondo TPE) and waive (or trade dump) 2 of their other players to facilitate this type of 4for1 trade setup.

The more likely scenario is that a package of THt/Nunn/2027 1st is traded for Turner/Brisset.

In the unlikely scenario that Turner’s unlikely incentives become likely and he’s a 20m outgoing salary, then we would have to send out THT with 4 vet min guys or THT/Nunn/1 vet min/2027 1st for Turner/Brisset/they waive Sykes or Lance.

For Mo Bamba, it’s 4 vet min guys or Nunn/1 vet min for salary matching purposes. Again the latter scenario is more likely due to minimum roster upheaval.

Btw check out the last page in the Cap Q&A (link in my siggy 👇🏼) for all the potential players THT’s salary can either bring back by himself or can bring back with Nunn’s deal aggregated.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:01 am    Post subject:

Is Houston going to pay KPJ? I think they need 2/3 more years of solid rebuild

He would do good on a vet squad like us
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:00 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Pistons announce they’ve assigned Jerami Grant, along with Luka Garza and Cassius Stanley, to the Motor City Cruise. Great news for Grant as he works his way back from thumb surgery

Linky
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:01 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
If the Lakers don't contend by next season, I can actually see Rob doing AD dirty and trading him for some long term assets.

AD is a long term asset.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:13 am    Post subject:

So the delusional rockets are reportedly looking for a first round pick for Eric “street clothes” Gordon.

The only team crazy enough with their asset mismanagement to do that is the Lakers.

Watch them make a trade package including Nunn/THT/1st/Russ for Wall/Gordon that’s a Klutch Angeles type trade.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:29 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
So the delusional rockets are reportedly looking for a first round pick for Eric “street clothes” Gordon.

The only team crazy enough with their asset mismanagement to do that is the Lakers.

Watch them make a trade package including Nunn/THT/1st/Russ for Wall/Gordon that’s a Klutch Angeles type trade.

if i don't want russ, i sure as hell wouldn't touch Wall. that dude is done.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:35 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

The only reason i'd do it is if Wall is willing to come off the bench. Otherwise, we're in the same position. I'm unaware of Walls contract situation so its its more years than Westbrook, then no under any circumstances.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:37 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

I have no complain if they add wood and KPJ instead of Gordon
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:37 am    Post subject:

27 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

The only reason i'd do it is if Wall is willing to come off the bench. Otherwise, we're in the same position. I'm unaware of Walls contract situation so its its more years than Westbrook, then no under any circumstances.

basically the same contract. however, wall shoots a similar %. we will lost a ton of rebounding, and Russ is also ultra durable.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:42 am    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

No one would, but that’s highly unlikely.

The only way that’s happening is if Houston doesn’t want to pay KPJ/Wood and someone convinces cheap Fertitta that Russ will be so miserable in Houston that he would opt out.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:49 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

No one would, but that’s highly unlikely.

The only way that’s happening is if Houston doesn’t want to pay KPJ/Wood and someone convinces cheap Fertitta that Russ will be so miserable in Houston that he would opt out.

Yeah. I don’t think they want to pay KPJ either
kentu_tiro
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:58 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
If the Lakers don't contend by next season, I can actually see Rob doing AD dirty and trading him for some long term assets.

AD is a long term asset.

He's a long term "street clothes" asset. There fixed it for you.
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
“It must be noted that there is enough noise circulating leaguewide about Harden's reported openness to relocation this summer”
- ( a t ) TheSteinLine on James Harden

(Via https://marcstein.substack.com/p/trade-talk-of-the-weekend?justPublished=true)

Lol sucks for Brooklyn if he dipped on them.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:10 pm    Post subject:

I like Mo Bamba. He isn't the KG clone he looked like in highschool. He did get into harvard academically. He has so much potential, but there are demerits; cutting his family off over his agent, lack of the motor for greatness. It would be great if we could unlock something inside of him, but he may be another Andrew Bynum.

Last edited by JUST-MING on Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:12 pm    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:
“It must be noted that there is enough noise circulating leaguewide about Harden's reported openness to relocation this summer”
- [ at ] TheSteinLine on James Harden

(Via https://marcstein.substack.com/p/trade-talk-of-the-weekend?justPublished=true)

Lol sucks for Brooklyn if he dipped on them.

the big gambles of the clippers and the Nets might not pay off.
even if Harden signs extension, they'd be looking at a stupid amount of luxury tax.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:13 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
I like Mo Bamba. He isn't the KG clone he looked like in highschool. He did get into harvard academically, tho. He has so much potential, but there are a lot of demerits; cutting his family off over his agent, lack of the motor for greatness. It would be great if we could unlock something inside of him, but he may be another Andrew Bynum.

If we can get him for 2 2nd rders it’s a no brainier
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:16 pm    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
I like Mo Bamba. He isn't the KG clone he looked like in highschool. He did get into harvard academically, tho. He has so much potential, but there are a lot of demerits; cutting his family off over his agent, lack of the motor for greatness. It would be great if we could unlock something inside of him, but he may be another Andrew Bynum.

If we can get him for 2 2nd rders it’s a no brainier

And if Jeanie’s not paying him next year?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:20 pm    Post subject:

If Pelinka can’t take us out of this mess, then I don’t mind getting another GM.. he has a lot to prove with the trade deadline coming up
M2K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:32 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
If Pelinka can’t take us out of this mess, then I don’t mind getting another GM.. he has a lot to prove with the trade deadline coming up

100%.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:33 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
I like Mo Bamba. He isn't the KG clone he looked like in highschool. He did get into harvard academically. He has so much potential, but there are demerits; cutting his family off over his agent, lack of the motor for greatness. It would be great if we could unlock something inside of him, but he may be another Andrew Bynum.

Bynum was all-star level when healthy. It just sucks what injuries did to him. Bamba is not at that level yet, but he is trending in the right direction.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:03 pm    Post subject:

FWIW Lakers had interest in Mo Bamba last year around when they signed Damian Jones. The asking price was more than what they were willing to give.

I don't know what the current asking price is, but it may have lowered because he's due for a new contract in the offseason and this may lower his value.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:19 pm    Post subject:

what does Mo Bamba for assets give us that WCS doesn't for free?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7292, 7293, 7294 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 7293 of 8560
Jump to: