OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7131, 7132, 7133 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:20 pm    Post subject:

Classic LG wondering what overpay they can get for THT when his value is at his lowest. A few good games and he’ll be back to untradeable or Lillard packages.
Swagron12
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:54 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
What is with the obsession with Ben Simmons? If he was so amazing some team would have given value to a team that has been trying to get rid of him since the playoffs ended, people don’t realize how frustrating it can be to watch Simmons not shoot the open jump shot and you wanna get him for a guy that loves being in attack mode when we need offense?

Probably the same as the obsession with Hield….but Simmons is better lol.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:08 pm    Post subject:

Simmons will give you defense and passing but not offense as well as horrid free throw shooting.

Ya'll really want worse shooting and free throw shooting on this team? Oh wait.. you want LeBron to average 35 a game to make up for it, I see.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:14 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Classic LG wondering what overpay they can get for THT when his value is at his lowest. A few good games and he’ll be back to untradeable or Lillard packages.

Actually THT is a stud it’s just that he doesn’t fit in with the big 3, Westbrook has good chemistry with Monk because Westbrook can generate offensive looks for him, if THT stays this season he needs to learn how to make 3pt shots.
Swagron12
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:22 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Simmons will give you defense and passing but not offense as well as horrid free throw shooting.

Ya'll really want worse shooting and free throw shooting on this team? Oh wait.. you want LeBron to average 35 a game to make up for it, I see.

lol…this is all make believe. Westbrook is not going anywhere.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:32 pm    Post subject:

Swagron12 wrote:
MJST wrote:

Reading your post gives me chills because so many people wanted to get rid of Westbrook earlier when he was struggling, people are gonna love Westbrook even more when he brings his game to another level after the ASB.
Swagron12
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:36 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Swagron12 wrote:
MJST wrote:

Reading your post gives me chills because so many people wanted to get rid of Westbrook earlier when he was struggling, people are gonna love Westbrook even more when he brings his game to another level after the ASB.

I agree. I think Westbrook will be a major player when all is said and done.

Get a blanket for those chills lol!
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:02 pm    Post subject:

Swagron12 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Swagron12 wrote:
MJST wrote:

I agree. I think Westbrook will be a major player when all is said and done.

Get a blanket for those chills lol!

Until the playoffs where everyone one will sag off of him like we did. I hope I am wrong, but a couple of good games in a row isn't changing my mind just yet.
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:08 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
What is with the obsession with Ben Simmons? If he was so amazing some team would have given value to a team that has been trying to get rid of him since the playoffs ended, people don’t realize how frustrating it can be to watch Simmons not shoot the open jump shot and you wanna get him for a guy that loves being in attack mode when we need offense?

Simmons is young and has a bright future, but if people think westbrook is a bad fit for this team, then Simmons is going to be worse. he doesn't even attempt to shoot. i have big questions regarding this man's heart and mental health. by the way, with all these hate for Klutch, we want another one?

I wouldn’t exactly call Simmons future bright lol he has been known to have focus issues and has tendency to make bone headed plays, at least Westbrook is always looking to be aggressive which helps our offense be in a flow, it would be a terrible trade, now if you wanna talk Lillard or another PG who can give us a offensive weapon then that’s different.

so you are saying he is a younger and taller westbrook with less shooting?

I don’t think you realize how different Westbrook is to Simmons, it’s night and day.... Simmons can’t even fetch a good package right now because teams are wary of his piss poor attitude, and he is a guy who is ready to jump start his prime so that should you tell everything you need to know, Westbrook from all accounts is a good locker room guy and brings effort every game even if it isn’t pretty sometimes.

Do you think Philly would have taken Kuzma, Montrez, KCP, and a 1 for Simmons? NO, they wouldnt have, and that was a massive overpay for westbrook. Simmons at this point in his career is much better than westbrook because of his DEFENSE. Let Lebron/AD and shooters do the scoring. Put Simmons on the best player EVERY night. Simmons hasn't been traded yet because philly wants a superstar in return. They want Dame. And they almost and could have got Hardin for him last year. This is silly.
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:11 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
textbook wrote:
MJST wrote:
Russell Westbrook first 11 Games played of this season

18.8 PPG
8.8 REB
8.5 AST
1.5 STL
0.1 BLK
5.1 TOV
41.1% Field Goal
25.6% Three Point
64.2% Free Throw

Russell Westbrook last 12 games of this season

22.4 PPG
7.7 REB
8.7 AST
1.2 STL
0.3 BLK
4.3 TOV
47.8% Field Goal
34.5% Three Point
71.3% Free Throw

Don't know why ya'll would want to trade for Simmons at this point, it's not like Westbrook hasn't turned a positive corner as of late.

Because he does not fit, he will most likely revert to some of that old play at some point, his turnovers will kill you in close games, the playoffs will expose him (like we did), and he is a bad on defense. You want to sell high. If he was playing like the first 12 games of the season no one would want him. It's all about long term here, I just don't see it in the playoffs with this guy.

Well let's keep it relevant to how he's performing currently. When he starts having a similar string of bad games then we should criticize him for such. But when he's turning the corner in a positive way then that's the moment to give credit where it's due. I'm as big a criticizer of Westbrook as anyone here, especially before and after we signed him and I criticized him during those first 11 games because he deserved criticism. But he's turned a positive corner so I'm giving him credit. How he plays throughout the rest of the season has yet to be determined, but if he continues playing positively I won't still be criticizing his first 11 games. As it stands he's played well in more games than he's played poorly, so it's best to acknowledge that too.

The 4.3 TOV and 34.5% three point percentage if he kept it around there would be huge difference makers for us. And 4.3 TOV would be his lowest TOV ratio since the 2015 season. I expect it to fluctuate, but as it stands, the last 12 games Westbrook has played at the kind of level we've wanted. So therefore, I'm not complaining about it.

100%! Agree to praise him now, he's been good the last few games. I'm thinking long term here, playoff time. The fact of the matter is that even in the good to great games he has had, we still LOOK BAD. Even in wins, we look bad. This does not look like or play like a championship team. Our defense is horrible. He will revert. It was a bad fit and trade from the beginning.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:36 pm    Post subject:

textbook wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Simmons is young and has a bright future, but if people think westbrook is a bad fit for this team, then Simmons is going to be worse. he doesn't even attempt to shoot. i have big questions regarding this man's heart and mental health. by the way, with all these hate for Klutch, we want another one?

I wouldn’t exactly call Simmons future bright lol he has been known to have focus issues and has tendency to make bone headed plays, at least Westbrook is always looking to be aggressive which helps our offense be in a flow, it would be a terrible trade, now if you wanna talk Lillard or another PG who can give us a offensive weapon then that’s different.

so you are saying he is a younger and taller westbrook with less shooting?

I don’t think you realize how different Westbrook is to Simmons, it’s night and day.... Simmons can’t even fetch a good package right now because teams are wary of his piss poor attitude, and he is a guy who is ready to jump start his prime so that should you tell everything you need to know, Westbrook from all accounts is a good locker room guy and brings effort every game even if it isn’t pretty sometimes.

Do you think Philly would have taken Kuzma, Montrez, KCP, and a 1 for Simmons? NO, they wouldnt have, and that was a massive overpay for westbrook. Simmons at this point in his career is much better than westbrook because of his DEFENSE. Let Lebron/AD and shooters do the scoring. Put Simmons on the best player EVERY night. Simmons hasn't been traded yet because philly wants a superstar in return. They want Dame. And they almost and could have got Hardin for him last year. This is silly.

If Simmons had any sort of jump shot the dynamic of a Westbrook for Simmons would look better, I’m pretty sure there is a lot of Laker fans who would trade for Simmons if the Sixers were admired with Westbrook.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:41 pm    Post subject:

If say the Lakers are struggling to find there niche in the next few months and Westbrook can’t click with AD and LeBron and you can get Simmons + a piece like Green then you could do that.
Flight#24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:44 pm    Post subject:

I give Russ credit for his improved play in the last several weeks, but I also know that he doesn’t fit long term. With LeBron and AD, you simply can’t have a high turnover prone/poor shooting/high usage player like Westbrook. It just doesn’t work. Russ with the Warriors would work, even Sixers. With this team, LeBron at point guard with shooters surrounding him and AD at C is still the best formula to win.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:46 pm    Post subject:

Hard to tell how well or unwell he fits when LeBron hasn't been able to string together more than 3 games at a time this entire season.

The team needs to play more than that before we actually get a true feel for how their chemistry is going to work. LeBron has played 11 games this season. That's not enough.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:57 pm    Post subject:

Always love these narratives.

Lakers had trash players in Kuzma, KCP and Harrell but now that they are wizards, Washington with “#1 offseason” by some NBA TV employee
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:04 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
If say the Lakers are struggling to find there niche in the next few months and Westbrook can’t click with AD and LeBron and you can get Simmons + a piece like Green then you could do that.

Inspector Gadget wrote:

mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:15 pm    Post subject:

Why do people even wonder about the fit between Westbrook and Ad? AD should love Westbrook with the amount of easy baskets he got this season. As far as lebron, he just haven’t played enough to draw a statement.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:16 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

My opinion was more about if the Westbrook experiment goes south and the Lakers wanna get something for him, Westbrook gives us more if he figures it out.. nothing wrong with my different view on the Westbrook and Simmons debate.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:02 pm    Post subject:

Can’t believe we lost to this OKC team twice.

Down 141-67 to Memphis.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:07 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

Down 141-67 to Memphis.

Ha Lakers and OKC fans the only people not enjoying this game
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:08 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

Down 141-67 to Memphis.

What’s the reason Josh Giddey and SGA aren’t playing?
bertrome
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:14 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Down 141-67 to Memphis.

SGA (concussion protocol), Giddey (illness)
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:16 pm    Post subject:

bertrome wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Down 141-67 to Memphis.

SGA (concussion protocol), Giddey (illness)

Thanks
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:17 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

Down 141-67 to Memphis.

Finished at 152-79... Broke the record of 68 points.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:50 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Down 141-67 to Memphis.

Finished at 152-79... Broke the record of 68 points.

And Memphis didn't have Ja Morant.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7131, 7132, 7133 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 7132 of 8560
Jump to: