OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7063, 7064, 7065 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:29 pm    Post subject:

Teams that should be fun to watch this season - Chicago, Miami, Golden State
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:32 pm    Post subject:

3baller wrote:
You really want the whole quote? Here you go:

Quote:
Yea you don’t know (bleep) about basketball that’s clear. Lol at PG Paul George best season came playing side kick to Russ. Randle? Julius Randle? Lol 33% from 3pt Luka is better than Russ? Smh the man is a MVP in this league has lead the league in points has lead the league in Assist and has dragged multiple teams into the playoffs. Not only that Kobe recognized him. You don’t know (bleep). Russ raises the level of his teammates.

Strength of narrative is mostly subjective. But this is pretty much on par with your 'small minded' complaint is it not? And while I understood the pun, I'm not sure which poster and which quote you keep referring to.

How many of these type of comments have you seen? Not many. However the hate comments is extensive. Can you deny that? Please answer.

My mistake we are "small brained" not small minded. I guess that is actually worse. You know the poster, the one who likes to name call and repeats the same diatribe multiple times per day.

Quote:
It's not just the first game or just the pre-season, you small brained people. I don't evaluate players based on a few games sample size. Westbrick is 32. We have more than enough data on him to conclusively determine what type of player he is. What he is is not what the Lakers need. Honestly, I dont know what people are waiting to see from him. If Lebron is on the floor, Lebron is going to be the man. Westbrick is just gonna have to brick...I mean shoot threes. If we want to move Westbrick to the bench, then go ahead and have a $44M bench player.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:36 pm    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:

Why Chicago? Scored 94 against the Pistons. Is is because of our folklore legend AC and legend to be Lonzo?
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:51 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
Kobetan wrote:

Why Chicago? Scored 94 against the Pistons. Is is because of our folklore legend AC and legend to be Lonzo?

Yes
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:56 pm    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:
Did we hire anyone to help Frank on coordinating offense?

its very obvious by now that he is not good at it. He only knows how to scheme defensively.

David Fizdale. known for his knowledge of the modern NBA offense which he helped implement in Miami. Btw also modernized Marc Gasol's game although their relationship was strained.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
Kobetan wrote:

Yes

You know you are one of my fav posters regardless of our differences in draft opinions.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:06 pm    Post subject:

I hope Vogel was watching Clippers/Warriors. Small ball lineups…you got to adapt to the modern game.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:10 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
Russ makes more sense if LBJ intended to cut down his workload.

If he's going to play 35 minutes per game because he feels better that way (Statpad) then LBJ should have gone with Hield/KCP/Caruso

Where Russ will come in handy is if LBJ gets hurt along the way.

So we are essentially paying for a 40 million dollar spare tire.

If LBJ stays healthy all season, I'm not sure what was the point

Lebron has been hurt 2 of the last 3 seasons and without the interruption of the 2019-2020 title season providing an extended rest period it might have been 3 of 3.

We have seen how the offense declines in his absence and while the fit with RW is not perfect he imo has the game to maintain offensive proficiency if Lebron is sidelined by injury.

Umm... well maybe he wouldn't get hurt as much if he cut down his minutes.

I'm keeping my mind open, but it just looks terrible so far.

It made sense to me if LBJ would cut down his minutes and rest... but if he's going to play 35 minutes a game then I don't get it.

It feels like what if the Showtime Lakers traded Cooper and Byron for a player like Iverson. (yes, I know the time frame doesn't fit, but this is just a hypothetical)

Iverson is a better player... but Cooper and Byron are better fits.

What are you going to do with Iverson and Magic?

If Magic never got HIV and played until he was 37 at an MVP level... would there be any point in getting a 33 year old version of Iverson?

LBJ needs to rest more for this experiment to work. If he plays the same amount as always... then he was an idiot not to just get Buddy and keep KCP and Alex instead of signing his friends.

Well if he doesn't cut down on his minutes then shouldn't the odds of him getting hurt go up. Wouldn't my thoughts of having RW in the event this happens be more valid?

I understand the fit part but we all have seen repeatedly these past 3 seasons that when Lebron is out the offense stagnates. I would not have done the RW trade but since he is here I need to see how it unfolds before giving my opine of him. I waited 2 1/2 months last season before I gave my opinion of DS which went against the grain of most here. I will call a spade a spade if he does not work out but I will give it time..
BLF2145
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:11 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
BLF2145 wrote:
slavavov wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
This Miami Heat team is pretty loaded and really well rounded team...

Riley was able to keep Herro and Duncan. They still have Oladipo on the chamber. Their 2nd unit is crazy good.

Can a good all around team win the title? Can they be Pistons 2.0 when they beat the Lakers? I lean towards No but it will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

If Oladipo comes back, plays well and is efficient the Heat will probably have a puncher's chance of getting to the Finals. They won't be the favorite, but they could hypothetically pull it off.

I think they will be favorites actually if that happens AND Simmons drama leads to less that desirable return and Irving does not return.

I could see the Heat winning if it were just a singular game but in a 7 game series where the defense tightens and the pace slows I would favor the superstar led team. Would you favor this Heat team or the Nets in a conference final? I also actually prefer the Bucks despite being routed tonight.

Sorry, by favorite I mean in the eastern conference. But yes I could see them beating the Nets (if they don’t have Irving).
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:19 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
Kobetan wrote:

Yes

You know you are one of my fav posters regardless of our differences in draft opinions.

Same and I appreciate it. Nothing wrong with cheering on the success of former Lakers. If nothing else, it reflects well on Jesse Buss' draft acumen as he eventually ascends to the Lakers GM job.

But to answer your initial Q with a bit more depth, the Bulls have a new roster that will take a few weeks to gel, but when it eventually does, adding veteran passing and defense around offensive studs in LaVine and Vuc should be fun to watch.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:30 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
I hope Vogel was watching Clippers/Warriors. Small ball lineups…you got to adapt to the modern game.

It's an interesting comparison because Kerr also starts two non-shooting big men every game before going small, but the Warriors are built around an elite jump shooting duo while the Lakers are built around a trio of downhill drivers.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:38 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
Kobetan wrote:

Yes

Same and I appreciate it. Nothing wrong with cheering on the success of former Lakers. If nothing else, it reflects well on Jesse Buss' draft acumen as he eventually ascends to the Lakers GM job.

But to answer your initial Q with a bit more depth, the Bulls have a new roster that will take a few weeks to gel, but when it eventually does, adding veteran passing and defense around offensive studs in LaVine and Vuc should be fun to watch.

Have to agree. Lonzo is one of my favorites to watch. Also Derozan attacking the rim just fits well.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:44 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

Didn't we beat the crap out of Houston's small ball lineup during our championship year? With a fully healthy and rested Lebron and AD, those teams would be no match for us. Our size would overwhelm them. Conventional teams are still the way to go. Reigning champion Bucks are also a conventional team. Small ball could only get you to the Conference Finals.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:49 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

It's an interesting comparison because Kerr also starts two non-shooting big men every game before going small, but the Warriors are built around an elite jump shooting duo while the Lakers are built around a trio of downhill drivers.

I had questions if any team could win with a dominant 0-18 ft offensive game vs. 3pt dominant teams. 2019-2020 answered that for me. I now believe you just need enough 3pt shooting to win it all. That and a top flight defense.

GSW is a unicorn as a jump shooting team having two players who are arguably the best shooters of all time. No team can duplicate their model imo.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:20 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Didn't we beat the crap out of Houston's small ball lineup during our championship year? With a fully healthy and rested Lebron and AD, those teams would be no match for us. Our size would overwhelm them. Conventional teams are still the way to go. Reigning champion Bucks are also a conventional team. Small ball could only get you to the Conference Finals.

That works if you have elite defense. The 2019-20 Lakers beat the crap out of the Rockets because of elite defenders in KCP, Caruso and Green.

Also, James Harden and his usual playoff act.

I would be interested to see what happens in a series vs. GS with Klay. We already had issues keeping up with their style on opening night. I’m not sure we have the KCP/Caruso types to recover to Steph, Klay and Laker killer Poole.

Might want to hold on to AB tbh. Defense is really suspect imo.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:42 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
Russ makes more sense if LBJ intended to cut down his workload.

If he's going to play 35 minutes per game because he feels better that way (Statpad) then LBJ should have gone with Hield/KCP/Caruso

Where Russ will come in handy is if LBJ gets hurt along the way.

So we are essentially paying for a 40 million dollar spare tire.

If LBJ stays healthy all season, I'm not sure what was the point

Lebron has been hurt 2 of the last 3 seasons and without the interruption of the 2019-2020 title season providing an extended rest period it might have been 3 of 3.

We have seen how the offense declines in his absence and while the fit with RW is not perfect he imo has the game to maintain offensive proficiency if Lebron is sidelined by injury.

Umm... well maybe he wouldn't get hurt as much if he cut down his minutes.

I'm keeping my mind open, but it just looks terrible so far.

It made sense to me if LBJ would cut down his minutes and rest... but if he's going to play 35 minutes a game then I don't get it.

It feels like what if the Showtime Lakers traded Cooper and Byron for a player like Iverson. (yes, I know the time frame doesn't fit, but this is just a hypothetical)

Iverson is a better player... but Cooper and Byron are better fits.

What are you going to do with Iverson and Magic?

If Magic never got HIV and played until he was 37 at an MVP level... would there be any point in getting a 33 year old version of Iverson?

LBJ needs to rest more for this experiment to work. If he plays the same amount as always... then he was an idiot not to just get Buddy and keep KCP and Alex instead of signing his friends.

Well if he doesn't cut down on his minutes then shouldn't the odds of him getting hurt go up. Wouldn't my thoughts of having RW in the event this happens be more valid?

I understand the fit part but we all have seen repeatedly these past 3 seasons that when Lebron is out the offense stagnates. I would not have done the RW trade but since he is here I need to see how it unfolds before giving my opine of him. I waited 2 1/2 months last season before I gave my opinion of DS which went against the grain of most here. I will call a spade a spade if he does not work out but I will give it time..

My point is that I thought LBJ would play less... which would decrease the likelihood that he would get hurt. Russ obviously isn't as good as LBJ but once they get into the groove... they could play him more against the weaker teams and use LBJ more against the playoff teams.

Once I heard LBJ defiantly announce he feels better when he plays full minutes... then I was confused at this entire experiment.

Same stubborn mentality as Kobe. People complained about coaches running Kobe into the ground when anyone with a brain knows that Kobe was the alpha then and LBJ is the alpha now.

I can't believe people think Pelinka tells LBJ what the team will be... it's dumber than believing in Santa Claus.

On the bright side, LBJ looked good... AD looked good and we have a lot of talent...

On the not so bright side... LBJ's penchant for choosing friends over analytics is a double edged sword. On one hand, his star power and influence gets hall of famers to play for the league minimum... on the other hand he uses friendship and intuition over analytics to choose his teams.

I'm hoping against all odds that it manages to work in spite of itself... but this will require them pushing the pace and using their depth to run opponents into the ground. If they play this half court offense using Russ as an outside threat, then I don't see how this works.

They were good when they played the transition game... sadly the first game that barely happened.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:50 pm    Post subject:

Ty Lue knows how to coach
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:55 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

That works if you have elite defense. The 2019-20 Lakers beat the crap out of the Rockets because of elite defenders in KCP, Caruso and Green.

Also, James Harden and his usual playoff act.

I would be interested to see what happens in a series vs. GS with Klay. We already had issues keeping up with their style on opening night. I’m not sure we have the KCP/Caruso types to recover to Steph, Klay and Laker killer Poole.

Might want to hold on to AB tbh. Defense is really suspect imo.

Our closing line up is already a small ball line up, except we have the luxury of having AD as small ball C and LeBron as small ball Point Forward (they not small lol) but we have 3 new guards to integrate (that’s why Rondo and AB were playing quite a bit), we have 80 games to do this, well be fine
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:04 am    Post subject:

maybe front office chose Westbrook over Hield is our 2 main guys likes to float around perimeter nowadays. especially AD, since last season, all he does is hanging out on the perimeter, so does LeBron. getting Westbrook does fill a need for a guy who's willing to attack the paint constantly.
LGFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:17 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

Ideally yes but we have a soft ass Superstar who is allergic to playing physical and his natural position
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:13 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
maybe front office chose Westbrook over Hield is our 2 main guys likes to float around perimeter nowadays. especially AD, since last season, all he does is hanging out on the perimeter, so does LeBron. getting Westbrook does fill a need for a guy who's willing to attack the paint constantly.

where do you want them to play when you have Dennis, Trez, Drum, THT who all live in the paint.

Now we have Westbrick, Dwight, DAJ, THT, .
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:02 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Giannis moving to center in the clutch is small ball.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:27 am    Post subject:

Things are coming to a head in Philly….

What appeared at first to be a dick swinging contest between Morey & Klutch, has now turned into playing head games. Move over Love, meet the new poster child of mental health in the NBA.

Quote:
Philadelphia 76ers All-Star guard Ben Simmons plans to meet with medical professionals for an evaluation after telling the team Friday that he wasn't mentally ready to play to his expectations and needed time to step away, sources told ESPN.

Simmons met separately with coach Doc Rivers, medical staff and teammates Friday morning at the team's facility in Camden, New Jersey, and started a process that is expected to continue to keep him from making his season debut, sources said.

After he told the team's medical staff of his reasons for needing to seek help, the Sixers continued to offer Simmons whatever resources are necessary to assist him, sources said.

The Sixers have been fining Simmons for missing games, practices and meetings -- nearing $2 million this season -- but there is a provision in the collective bargaining agreement that protects players' salary for failing to render services "if such failure has been caused by the player's mental disability."

Way to use your noodles, Ben/Rich.

Shame on you Philly…first booing Santa, then Beyoncé, then your native son in Kob and now this.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:46 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Joel Embiid’s right knee is wrapped up post-shootaround. He’s questionable vs. the Nets with knee soreness.

Trust the day to day (always injured) process. Window is basically shut on the process era.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:38 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
Things are coming to a head in Philly….

What appeared at first to be a dick swinging contest between Morey & Klutch, has now turned into playing head games. Move over Love, meet the new poster child of mental health in the NBA.

Quote:
Philadelphia 76ers All-Star guard Ben Simmons plans to meet with medical professionals for an evaluation after telling the team Friday that he wasn't mentally ready to play to his expectations and needed time to step away, sources told ESPN.

Simmons met separately with coach Doc Rivers, medical staff and teammates Friday morning at the team's facility in Camden, New Jersey, and started a process that is expected to continue to keep him from making his season debut, sources said.

After he told the team's medical staff of his reasons for needing to seek help, the Sixers continued to offer Simmons whatever resources are necessary to assist him, sources said.

The Sixers have been fining Simmons for missing games, practices and meetings -- nearing $2 million this season -- but there is a provision in the collective bargaining agreement that protects players' salary for failing to render services "if such failure has been caused by the player's mental disability."

Way to use your noodles, Ben/Rich.

Shame on you Philly…first booing Santa, then Beyoncé, then your native son in Kob and now this.

I heard on ESPN radio that Ben lied about being exposed to Covid to get out of playing game 7 against the Hawks.

If so, Ben is scum... and Rich is as well if they concocted the plan together.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7063, 7064, 7065 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 7064 of 8560
Jump to: