OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7062, 7063, 7064 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:36 pm    Post subject:

Maybe if the Blazers start 2-9 Dame will finally wake up.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:46 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

then he'll get traded to Philly or Clippers or GS or any other team NOT named Lakers.
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:54 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
3baller wrote:
kikanga wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Ahh, LG.

Last year, people P&M about Dennis, want Rondo and another star PG instead (and bring back the old crew).

Rob gets WB, brings back a lot of the old crew (Rondo, Dwight, Avery, etc.).

After 1 regular season game, people P&M about WB.

What should we do next folks?

Go back another year. People P&M about Rondo. There always has to be a whipping boy. Danny Green and KCP have gotten tastes of it too

Russ has always started slow, particularly last couple of seasons. I remember last season Westbrook looked like you had to attach a FRP just to get rid of him and then he played so well that the Wizards didn’t want to get rid of him…he went to the owner and asked to work something out.

2 takeaways so far:
1. Melo is borderline unplayable on this team. This isn’t the Blazers where they don’t really play defense.

2. Vogel cannot afford to feel out lineups. Having too many non-defenders on the court at the same time could lead to his firing mid season. That game last night was lost as soon as he went to that lineup to end the 3rd. He will not have the luxury of past seasons where he experimented with lineups and then brought in Caruso, Green or KCP to choke out opponent. There are simply too many below average defenders on the roster.

Ya, by years end. Everybody in Washington loved him. And he deserved the player of the month he got to end the year.

I expect us to do a lot of experimenting to start the season. Then by all star break Vogel will lock in a steady rotation. He probably believes we can be at least average defensively (if not better) once everybody buys in and understands what he wants. We have the personnel for rim protection. But our communication is bad. Be it pick and roll defense or switching off ball.

Yeah they loved him so much they got rid of him after 1 year for what many people here consider as Laker scraps. I haven't heard many Wizards fans complaining about the trade either

Yep. That's why Hou got rid of Harden. They didn't love him. Same with NO and Brow. Minny and Jimmy Butler. The list goes on and on. Take your victory lap now 1 game into the season. Cause we all know you'll be M.I.A. when we jell and we're rattling off win streaks in a couple of weeks.

Oh and ...

Quote:
This dude is 100% heart. I was never his fan but you really gotta respect the guy.

Quote:
Same here. I wouldn't consider myself a fan. But he electrified this team, no doubt.

Quote:
Honestly don't have a single bad thing to say about Russ. He's a real one and I'll always appreciate the season we got with him.

Quote:
I didn't like shipping Wall for Russ, I didn't necessarily hate it either. By mid season I was firmly in his corner, and the way he closed out last season was nothing short of inspiring. His play not only kept us entertained and gave hope to our young players, but he added value to himself as a player, and our whole franchise benefited from it. Go on home Russ, GG....you got some new fans for life

Quote:
Good luck in LA, Russ. Thanks for breaking the all-time record for the Wiz. We’ll miss you.

Quote:
I’m gonna miss this guy. I’m a Westbrook fan for life after his stint here

https://www.reddit.com/r/washingtonwizards/comments/oucbs1/westbrooks_message_to_dc_thank_you_dc_you/

I could bring up his stats and accolades from last year. But you brought up fans. So I'll just leave it at that.

Didn't have to go and dig up a reddit thread 3 months ago to look this up Here's some more love from wizards fans on their subreddit, pulliing their hair and expressing deep regret from the WB trade:

https://www.reddit.com/r/washingtonwizards/comments/qbsscr/did_wewin_the_trade/

Quote:
We won the trade because we got rid of his huge contract and got solid and movable pieces instead. Plus Kuz, KCP and Trezz definitely outplayed Russ in the preseason. Best of luck to Russ and the Lakers but I’m glad we have Dinwiddie, a calmer more composed PG who can shoot instead

Quote:
We won the trade as soon as we dumped that terrible contract off our team. Somehow we actually got a lot of good players in return instead of having to give assets up lol.

Quote:
I think we won the trade regardless because we got rid of a gigantic salary that realistically Westbrook would never play up to... and the return looks decent.

Quote:
Russ will not be fine. He might be a floor raiser, but he is definitely a ceiling crusher. He was the last player the Lakers needed with LeBron and AD He is a ridiculously bad fit in LA, and this should have been obvious.

This is a fun one from another thread:

Quote:
I’m so glad I don’t have to deal with Westbrook stans in this subreddit anymore. I liked Westbrook, but holy (bleep) his fans really made me want to hate him when they would attack you for giving any sort of criticism

activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:35 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

He's under contract for two more years after this season. If Portland moves him, they'll want a truckload of assets.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:00 pm    Post subject:

This Miami Heat team is pretty loaded and really well rounded team...

Riley was able to keep Herro and Duncan. They still have Oladipo on the chamber. Their 2nd unit is crazy good.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:11 pm    Post subject:

3baller wrote:
Quote:
Russ will not be fine. He might be a floor raiser, but he is definitely a ceiling crusher. He was the last player the Lakers needed with LeBron and AD He is a ridiculously bad fit in LA, and this should have been obvious.

Ouch.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:19 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:

Riley was able to keep Herro and Duncan. They still have Oladipo on the chamber. Their 2nd unit is crazy good.

Can a good all around team win the title? Can they be Pistons 2.0 when they beat the Lakers? I lean towards No but it will be interesting to see how it all plays out.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:26 pm    Post subject:

3baller wrote:
Quote:
I’m so glad I don’t have to deal with Westbrook stans in this subreddit anymore. I liked Westbrook, but holy (bleep) his fans really made me want to hate him when they would attack you for giving any sort of criticism

Actually it is the opposite here. Give RW any props and the haters come out to attack you.

In fact you don't even have to give him any props, the haters are always out. Just check the majority of the posts.

Haters vs. Stans? Can't win either way.
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:29 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
3baller wrote:
Quote:

Actually it is the opposite here. Give RW any props and the haters come out to attack you.

In fact you don't even have to give him any props, the haters are always out. Just check the majority of the posts.

Nah, they're just in hiding right now. Watch them crawl out of the woodwork when he finally turns in a decent game.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:37 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

Can a good all around team win the title? Can they be Pistons 2.0 when they beat the Lakers? I lean towards No but it will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

If Oladipo comes back, plays well and is efficient the Heat will probably have a puncher's chance of getting to the Finals. They won't be the favorite, but they could hypothetically pull it off.
BLF2145
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:43 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

If Oladipo comes back, plays well and is efficient the Heat will probably have a puncher's chance of getting to the Finals. They won't be the favorite, but they could hypothetically pull it off.

I think they will be favorites actually if that happens AND Simmons drama leads to less that desirable return and Irving does not return.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:48 pm    Post subject:

3baller wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
3baller wrote:
Quote:

Nah, they're just in hiding right now. Watch them crawl out of the woodwork when he finally turns in a decent game.

Well so far any non-negative comments have advocated taking a wait and see approach before passing judgment. Cannot recall anyone pushing a strong RW positive narrative. However there are the haters who have gone so far as to label posters here as "small minded" and have repeatedly spewed the same negative diatribe. Proofs in the pudding and right now it is with the haters.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:54 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
Russ should potentially be blamed if it is a disaster. Gutting the roster and completely eliminating flexibility will be on him.

How is that on him and not the front office?

Completely agree with this ^^

Unlike Paul George or Kwai Leonard there were no reports that I recall of Westbrook demanding a trade to the Lakers. The front office went after him. Sure, he has some accountability as a player as well... but it’s on the front office 1st for acquisition then coaching staff to scheme a plan using the talent provided. Westbrook may or may not work out for the Lakers but he is talented, perhaps not a good fit naturally but an innovative mind could find a way to make it work. Yea, I place some blame on Westbrook’s inabilities to adapt if it doesn’t work out, but also as much or more with Pelinka and Vogel,

Last edited by Hanging from Rafters on Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:55 pm    Post subject:

krisobe wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
defense wrote:
Westbrook for Simmons And 3 firsts

Philly would be asking the Lakers for the 1sts

Just did NBA trade machine.

WB/Doumbouya and 2023 & 2034 2nd round picks for Simmons/Seth is the only trade that works.

The ONLY picks Lakers have is 2023, 2024, and 2028 SECOND round picks.

Salaries aside, Philly won't even give Seth for WB. you want Simmons+Seth.. Good luck
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:01 pm    Post subject:

BLF2145 wrote:
slavavov wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

I think they will be favorites actually if that happens AND Simmons drama leads to less that desirable return and Irving does not return.

I could see the Heat winning if it were just a singular game but in a 7 game series where the defense tightens and the pace slows I would favor the superstar led team. Would you favor this Heat team or the Nets in a conference final? I also actually prefer the Bucks despite being routed tonight.
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:02 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
3baller wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
3baller wrote:
Quote:

Well so far any non-negative comments have advocated taking a wait and see approach before passing judgment. Cannot recall anyone pushing a strong RW positive narrative. However there are the haters who have gone so far as to label posters here as "small minded" and have repeatedly spewed the same negative diatribe. Proofs in the pudding and right now it is with the haters.

This was an actual quote from someone here in LG I (bleep) you not:

Quote:
Lol 33% from 3pt Luka is better than Russ?

roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:10 pm    Post subject:

Heat is looking very good
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:12 pm    Post subject:

3baller wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
3baller wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
3baller wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

You consider that a strong narrative? You know of all the negative mud that is being thrown around here and there is no comparison. Come on lets not be "small minded" about this. You get the pun?
RashardA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:45 pm    Post subject:

Russ for Ben.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:48 pm    Post subject:

Curry went nuclear in the 1st... 25 pts 100% shooting
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:57 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
3baller wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
3baller wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
3baller wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

You consider that a strong narrative? You know of all the negative mud that is being thrown around here and there is no comparison. Come on lets not be "small minded" about this. You get the pun?

You really want the whole quote? Here you go:

Quote:
Yea you don’t know (bleep) about basketball that’s clear. Lol at PG Paul George best season came playing side kick to Russ. Randle? Julius Randle? Lol 33% from 3pt Luka is better than Russ? Smh the man is a MVP in this league has lead the league in points has lead the league in Assist and has dragged multiple teams into the playoffs. Not only that Kobe recognized him. You don’t know (bleep). Russ raises the level of his teammates.

Strength of narrative is mostly subjective. But this is pretty much on par with your 'small minded' complaint is it not? And while I understood the pun, I'm not sure which poster and which quote you keep referring to.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:11 pm    Post subject:

3baller wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
3baller wrote:
Quote:

When I expressed my opinions about Westbrook prior to the trade, there was no shortage of people jumping all over me about it. He's a triple double machine. He's going to change the mindset of the team. He's the closest thing to Kobe. Everyone loves him. Yada yada yada. A lot of sports fans have thin skins and overreact to opposing viewpoints.

But yeah, a lot of the pro-Westbrook posters are probably being quiet right now, because it isn't working out like they thought. Ironically, I'm one of the people being optimistic about our outlook. I think it can work out better than what we're seeing right now.
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:52 pm    Post subject:

Did we hire anyone to help Frank on coordinating offense?

its very obvious by now that he is not good at it. He only knows how to scheme defensively.
M2K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:12 pm    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
Russ should potentially be blamed if it is a disaster. Gutting the roster and completely eliminating flexibility will be on him.

Completely on Pelinka... for the second year in a row... and Jeannie Buss if she refused to,spend money to keep Caruso.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:16 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
Russ makes more sense if LBJ intended to cut down his workload.

If he's going to play 35 minutes per game because he feels better that way (Statpad) then LBJ should have gone with Hield/KCP/Caruso

Where Russ will come in handy is if LBJ gets hurt along the way.

So we are essentially paying for a 40 million dollar spare tire.

If LBJ stays healthy all season, I'm not sure what was the point

Lebron has been hurt 2 of the last 3 seasons and without the interruption of the 2019-2020 title season providing an extended rest period it might have been 3 of 3.

We have seen how the offense declines in his absence and while the fit with RW is not perfect he imo has the game to maintain offensive proficiency if Lebron is sidelined by injury.

Umm... well maybe he wouldn't get hurt as much if he cut down his minutes.

I'm keeping my mind open, but it just looks terrible so far.

It made sense to me if LBJ would cut down his minutes and rest... but if he's going to play 35 minutes a game then I don't get it.

It feels like what if the Showtime Lakers traded Cooper and Byron for a player like Iverson. (yes, I know the time frame doesn't fit, but this is just a hypothetical)

Iverson is a better player... but Cooper and Byron are better fits.

What are you going to do with Iverson and Magic?

If Magic never got HIV and played until he was 37 at an MVP level... would there be any point in getting a 33 year old version of Iverson?

LBJ needs to rest more for this experiment to work. If he plays the same amount as always... then he was an idiot not to just get Buddy and keep KCP and Alex instead of signing his friends.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7062, 7063, 7064 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 7063 of 8560
Jump to: