OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7058, 7059, 7060 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:08 am    Post subject:

I would take Simmons for Westbrook in a heartbeat. Young, one of the best defenders in the league and close with Lebron. Don’t think Philly would do it.

For all of you out there questioning Jimmer Fredette of BYU, he is the real deal. - Magic Johnson Mar 20, 2011
jb2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:10 am    Post subject:

krisobe wrote:
Simmons and DG or Seth for WB and Monk?

Simmons DG Ellington Bron AD ----- decent spacing. ben/ad/bron + 2 shooters

WB Bazemore Bron AD DJ ----- bad spacing. wb/ad/bron/DJ + 1 shooter (baze not really a shooter shooter) but DECENT 3&D.

Philly laughs you off the phone
krisobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:37 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
krisobe wrote:

WB Bazemore Bron AD DJ ----- bad spacing. wb/ad/bron/DJ + 1 shooter (baze not really a shooter shooter) but DECENT 3&D.

Worth a shot lol. Okay offer WB/Nunn for Simmons/DG
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:58 am    Post subject:

Adding a 3rd star always makes for hard to playing with. Too many chiefs, unless one of the chiefs doesn't need the ball and don't do what 1 of the chiefs does.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:03 am    Post subject:

I think the Dennis should be a 6th man was a fair critique.

WB would be phenomenal running the bench when LBJ sits, but his status and salary would never allow something like that.

I think someone like Nunn would be a better fit with Bazemore to have more shooters out there.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:23 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

WB would be phenomenal running the bench when LBJ sits, but his status and salary would never allow something like that.

I think someone like Nunn would be a better fit with Bazemore to have more shooters out there.

If we back to Bron running the point in playoff, Bradley-Bazemore back court prob best 2-way we got (so far… after one game lol)
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:01 pm    Post subject:

Monk and Ellington will play their way out of the rotation. Vogel has shown shooters who are bad defenders don't play. Eventually they will be Quinn Cook / Troy Daniels status and I won't be surprised if one of them is released later in the season to open a roster spot for a buyout.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:06 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
Monk and Ellington will play their way out of the rotation. Vogel has shown shooters who are bad defenders don't play. Eventually they will be Quinn Cook / Troy Daniels status and I won't be surprised if one of them is released later in the season to open a roster spot for a buyout.

I can see that happening. Holy non-defense for Monk. Unless he really improves on that end, once THT returns, I think Vogel will trust Bradley more than Monk/Ellington for sure. Still hoping that Monk can be an effective microwave scorer as he had a really good preseason, but I think there's a reason why Nunn got more $ (he's a better overall player).
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:12 pm    Post subject:

krisobe wrote:
2019 wrote:
krisobe wrote:

Worth a shot lol. Okay offer WB/Nunn for Simmons/DG

I think the only shot would be WB/THT/PICK for SIMMONS/filler

And I would do that just to save the season. We don't need Simmons to shoot jumpers. We need his Defense and he would start alongside Davis as PF.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:15 pm    Post subject:

Nunn is the key piece to this team. His diverse offensive skills with the ability to play both G positions allows him to play with any line up. He can hold his own defensively and could be a + being coached by Vogel.

I don't entirely believe when Vogel gives praise to specific players as he has shown he still does not play them. Hopefully he gives Reaves an opportunity to show whether he is ready to contribute meaningful minutes.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:17 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:

I can see that happening. Holy non-defense for Monk. Unless he really improves on that end, once THT returns, I think Vogel will trust Bradley more than Monk/Ellington for sure. Still hoping that Monk can be an effective microwave scorer as he had a really good preseason, but I think there's a reason why Nunn got more $ (he's a better overall player).

Good to see you back.
carjoch831
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:26 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:

Add Melo to the list.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:20 pm    Post subject:

Melo better get used to not playing much
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:24 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:

*laughs in Markieff Morris*
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:27 pm    Post subject:

So Melo, Monk, and Ellington are not going to play much. Who is going to play?I do not trust Frank who was a disaster with rotations last season and faces a bigger hurdle this season. He better give these guys enough minutes to keep them engaged. We are going to need them at various points during this season.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:03 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:

Good to see you back.

Thanks. Been so busy with my new job I just don’t have any spare time!
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:12 pm    Post subject:

Really unusual how no one is talking about Kendrick Nunn not playing during yesterday’s game everyone is talking about Monk and how he’s gonna help us, but the real weapon we might be missing right now is Nunn even LeBron was vouching for him during the preseason there is a reason Monk was signed for the veteran minimum and Nunn was signed for the MMLE, we were missing a lot of quality players during last nights loss.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:54 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Really unusual how no one is talking about Kendrick Nunn not playing during yesterday’s game everyone is talking about Monk and how he’s gonna help us, but the real weapon we might be missing right now is Nunn even LeBron was vouching for him during the preseason there is a reason Monk was signed for the veteran minimum and Nunn was signed for the MMLE, we were missing a lot of quality players during last nights loss.

I guess you missed my post above.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:57 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I guess you missed my post above.

I saw it and I agree with you, just wanted to make sure people know who Kendrick Nunn is.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:50 pm    Post subject:

Caruso not having a good first game -13 1-5 shooting... Kuz and Harrell having good games.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:52 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Yes it was, and I even would make that argument for Westbrook, but it just never is happening. And, again, I think with RW, the net positives should outweigh the negatives.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:25 pm    Post subject:

3baller wrote:
kikanga wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Ahh, LG.

Last year, people P&M about Dennis, want Rondo and another star PG instead (and bring back the old crew).

Rob gets WB, brings back a lot of the old crew (Rondo, Dwight, Avery, etc.).

After 1 regular season game, people P&M about WB.

What should we do next folks?

Go back another year. People P&M about Rondo. There always has to be a whipping boy. Danny Green and KCP have gotten tastes of it too

Russ has always started slow, particularly last couple of seasons. I remember last season Westbrook looked like you had to attach a FRP just to get rid of him and then he played so well that the Wizards didn’t want to get rid of him…he went to the owner and asked to work something out.

2 takeaways so far:
1. Melo is borderline unplayable on this team. This isn’t the Blazers where they don’t really play defense.

2. Vogel cannot afford to feel out lineups. Having too many non-defenders on the court at the same time could lead to his firing mid season. That game last night was lost as soon as he went to that lineup to end the 3rd. He will not have the luxury of past seasons where he experimented with lineups and then brought in Caruso, Green or KCP to choke out opponent. There are simply too many below average defenders on the roster.

Ya, by years end. Everybody in Washington loved him. And he deserved the player of the month he got to end the year.

I expect us to do a lot of experimenting to start the season. Then by all star break Vogel will lock in a steady rotation. He probably believes we can be at least average defensively (if not better) once everybody buys in and understands what he wants. We have the personnel for rim protection. But our communication is bad. Be it pick and roll defense or switching off ball.

Yeah they loved him so much they got rid of him after 1 year for what many people here consider as Laker scraps. I haven't heard many Wizards fans complaining about the trade either

Yep. That's why Hou got rid of Harden. They didn't love him. Same with NO and Brow. Minny and Jimmy Butler. The list goes on and on. Take your victory lap now 1 game into the season. Cause we all know you'll be M.I.A. when we jell and we're rattling off win streaks in a couple of weeks.

Oh and ...

Quote:
This dude is 100% heart. I was never his fan but you really gotta respect the guy.

Quote:
Same here. I wouldn't consider myself a fan. But he electrified this team, no doubt.

Quote:
Honestly don't have a single bad thing to say about Russ. He's a real one and I'll always appreciate the season we got with him.

Quote:
I didn't like shipping Wall for Russ, I didn't necessarily hate it either. By mid season I was firmly in his corner, and the way he closed out last season was nothing short of inspiring. His play not only kept us entertained and gave hope to our young players, but he added value to himself as a player, and our whole franchise benefited from it. Go on home Russ, GG....you got some new fans for life

Quote:
Good luck in LA, Russ. Thanks for breaking the all-time record for the Wiz. We’ll miss you.

Quote:
I’m gonna miss this guy. I’m a Westbrook fan for life after his stint here

https://www.reddit.com/r/washingtonwizards/comments/oucbs1/westbrooks_message_to_dc_thank_you_dc_you/

I could bring up his stats and accolades from last year. But you brought up fans. So I'll just leave it at that.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:30 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
3baller wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Ya, by years end. Everybody in Washington loved him. And he deserved the player of the month he got to end the year.

I expect us to do a lot of experimenting to start the season. Then by all star break Vogel will lock in a steady rotation. He probably believes we can be at least average defensively (if not better) once everybody buys in and understands what he wants. We have the personnel for rim protection. But our communication is bad. Be it pick and roll defense or switching off ball.

Yeah they loved him so much they got rid of him after 1 year for what many people here consider as Laker scraps. I haven't heard many Wizards fans complaining about the trade either

Yep. The "everyone loved him in Washington" narrative has been kicked around a few times. I'm not entirely sure where it came from. I'm sure Westbrook had his fans.

Quote:
“We had a superstar player with the Wizards, he had an opportunity and wanted to be traded to the Lakers,” Leonsis said, via ESPN. “And I was dealing with that as we were announcing Alex. I couldn’t help but self-reflect on what a difference it is. Here’s a great player in Russell Westbrook, played in OKC, wanted to be traded, went to Houston, wanted to be traded, came to D.C., wanted to be traded and is now in L.A. He’s an unbelievably great person and an unbelievably great player. But that’s the difference between the NBA and the NHL, I suppose.”

https://sportsnaut.com/russell-westbrook-washington-wizards-owner/

Quote:
In an interview on Wednesday, Bradley Beal explained what it's been like playing with Westbrook this season, and had high praise for the way he approaches the game and affects his teammates. Via The Undefeated:

He's been great. It's been so ironic, because from the beginning of the year before the trade [for Westbrook], there's always the misconception of Russ. He doesn't get along with coaches or his team. It's just all about 'Me, me, me, me.' It's the complete opposite. And, like, I love everything about him. He's a great character guy. And his approach to the basketball game is what helped me have the year I'm having. And it helped us turn the year around. His level of accountability, you want that. He pushes himself to levels that you don't even think exist. And to be on the other side of that playing against him for years and seeing, 'Oh, how's he getting triple-doubles every game? There's no way he's getting it.' To actually see that night in and night out. He has a different mode. And it's all [mental]. And you can't teach that. It's either you have it or you don't.

But what I love about him is that he tries to bring it out of everybody. He tries to bring it out of the 15th guy. A guy who probably won't play that much. But when he gets that opportunity, he wants you to play exceptionally well. That's what I love about him. He just wants to win. He wants to be the best player he can be. He wants to uplift all his teammates. And that's one thing I stole from him is his mental approach to the game. I have a voice in my head and it's Russ saying, 'Keep going, B.' He's been terrific. I definitely tip my hat off to him because I can definitely see why he was MVP of the league.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/wizards-bradley-beal-on-playing-with-russell-westbrook-i-love-everything-about-him/

Rui:

Avdija: https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/wizards/deni-avdija-thanks-russell-westbrook-making-him-tougher

AH, you never liked him. You never wanted him. But you've kept an open mind and haven't overreacted after 1 game. So you get alot of credit in my book (not that you'd care).

Last edited by kikanga on Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reds622
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:34 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
3baller wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Yep. The "everyone loved him in Washington" narrative has been kicked around a few times. I'm not entirely sure where it came from. I'm sure Westbrook had his fans.

Quote:
“We had a superstar player with the Wizards, he had an opportunity and wanted to be traded to the Lakers,” Leonsis said, via ESPN. “And I was dealing with that as we were announcing Alex. I couldn’t help but self-reflect on what a difference it is. Here’s a great player in Russell Westbrook, played in OKC, wanted to be traded, went to Houston, wanted to be traded, came to D.C., wanted to be traded and is now in L.A. He’s an unbelievably great person and an unbelievably great player. But that’s the difference between the NBA and the NHL, I suppose.”

https://sportsnaut.com/russell-westbrook-washington-wizards-owner/

Quote:
In an interview on Wednesday, Bradley Beal explained what it's been like playing with Westbrook this season, and had high praise for the way he approaches the game and affects his teammates. Via The Undefeated:

He's been great. It's been so ironic, because from the beginning of the year before the trade [for Westbrook], there's always the misconception of Russ. He doesn't get along with coaches or his team. It's just all about 'Me, me, me, me.' It's the complete opposite. And, like, I love everything about him. He's a great character guy. And his approach to the basketball game is what helped me have the year I'm having. And it helped us turn the year around. His level of accountability, you want that. He pushes himself to levels that you don't even think exist. And to be on the other side of that playing against him for years and seeing, 'Oh, how's he getting triple-doubles every game? There's no way he's getting it.' To actually see that night in and night out. He has a different mode. And it's all [mental]. And you can't teach that. It's either you have it or you don't.

But what I love about him is that he tries to bring it out of everybody. He tries to bring it out of the 15th guy. A guy who probably won't play that much. But when he gets that opportunity, he wants you to play exceptionally well. That's what I love about him. He just wants to win. He wants to be the best player he can be. He wants to uplift all his teammates. And that's one thing I stole from him is his mental approach to the game. I have a voice in my head and it's Russ saying, 'Keep going, B.' He's been terrific. I definitely tip my hat off to him because I can definitely see why he was MVP of the league.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/wizards-bradley-beal-on-playing-with-russell-westbrook-i-love-everything-about-him/

No disputing that it appears he’s a good/great teammate.

The fit has not worked thus far. He needs to be able to get to the rim in the half court. He’s not a good shooter at all. If he can’t get to the rim he’s going to be a negative disruptor of the entire offense.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:39 pm    Post subject:

Reds622 wrote:

No disputing that it appears he’s a good/great teammate.

The fit has not worked thus far. He needs to be able to get to the rim in the half court. He’s not a good shooter at all. If he can’t get to the rim he’s going to be a negative disruptor of the entire offense.

Thank goodness there are 82 games in a season and not 1.

Only 3 returning players on our squad. 1 of them hurt (THT).

On top of that, no Nunn, Ariza, or Ellington (all floor spacers) in the 1 game we played.

Healthy, we probably win last night. But still look disjointed due to the lack of playing time together.

I'm not worried at all.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7058, 7059, 7060 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 7059 of 8560
Jump to: