OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7057, 7058, 7059 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:26 pm    Post subject:

bjelica was awesome...
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:40 pm    Post subject:

Pretty sure the Lakers would have to GIVE UP A 1st to trade away Westbrook’s contract. Unbelievable they gave up a 1st to take that contract off Washington’s hands.

For all of you out there questioning Jimmer Fredette of BYU, he is the real deal. - Magic Johnson Mar 20, 2011
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:11 am    Post subject:

after one game
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:15 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
after one game

Well, this trend has been going on a little bit longer, 0-7.
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:59 am    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:
Pretty sure the Lakers would have to GIVE UP A 1st to trade away Westbrook’s contract. Unbelievable they gave up a 1st to take that contract off Washington’s hands.

Robthegenius
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:26 am    Post subject:

dino wrote:
bjelica was awesome...

This dude outhustle our bigs, can we get this vet team to chase boards and loose balls?
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:51 am    Post subject:

Lakers have no first rounder left to give away. Maybe one in 2030. But yea, they're stuck with Westbrick like it or not. I don't know how the Lakers get out of this one. Maybe Westbrick could start eating Curry Wheaties and wake up one day start shooting 40% from three.

It was hard to watch seeing Lebron still playing like an MVP and the Lakers supporting cast couldn't even help him beat a team where Klay and Steph didnt even show up. Another precious year of Lebron might be going to waste. We still have Westbrick for one more year.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:24 am    Post subject:

EchoZulu wrote:
For us.....Hield >>>>>> WB

I agree. Sadly, its actually more like KCP, AC, and Hield >>>>WB.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:28 am    Post subject:

My only real complaint is Deandre.

He can’t rebound, Box out, or defend.

Absolutely useless out there.

Drummond and Gasol weren’t even this bad.

Wish we had Damian Jones
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:01 am    Post subject:

Ahh, LG.

Last year, people P&M about Dennis, want Rondo and another star PG instead (and bring back the old crew).

Rob gets WB, brings back a lot of the old crew (Rondo, Dwight, Avery, etc.).

After 1 regular season game, people P&M about WB.

What should we do next folks?
Reds622
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:19 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Ahh, LG.

Last year, people P&M about Dennis, want Rondo and another star PG instead (and bring back the old crew).

Let’s wait and see how this plays out over the next month or so…

But it doesn’t look like Westbrook can get to the basket in a half-court offense, and he’s a terrible shooter.

It’s not really clear if this is going to work yet or not.

At least he’s good in the room and is a leader, so that’s obviously a significant improvement over your golden child from last season.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:25 am    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:

Robthegenius

Unless its like top 18 they most likely have to give up more than just a 1st. We are stuck with WB
Only way I see this working to any degree is if the Lakers have the gall to convert Westbrook into a 6th man type player. Let him come start for a few minutes to save face and then quickly stagger him the rest of the game where he plays when Lebron is not in the game and close the game with him on the bench.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:25 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Ahh, LG.

The issue remains though and I have said it many times. I supported both Dennis and Westbrook moves because the Lakers made them, but they were not moves I would have personally made because it's not a natural fit.

But what Lebron will argue (or his fans) is that neither were Wade and Bron. However it worked out because Wade's talent was that much. The argument for Westbrook, that Dennis never had, is that talent gap. You can put up with the warts of Westbrook because for every crap game like last night (and trust me there are at least 15 to 20 more of those in the RS) he will have just as many superstar (MVP level) shooting/overall games. The rest will be par (Solid games). That's been his MO throughout his career. With Dennis, the warts were never made up by the good games.

All that said, like I said a year ago and in the summer. AD and Bron are proven. 2+2 = 4 to take Shaq's words. Why we make things so complicated by adding ball dominant 3rd options who suck at 3 pointers IDK. I understand we want Lebron to play more off the ball. But why does it seem we've replace a great spot up shooter like Danny Green who fit in so well with ball dominant guards that don't fit in easily.

Again, I think Westbrook's talent makes up for the warts. But personally, I've never understood our obsession with breakng up the dynamics of a ring team. Pelinka's argument was he's striving to get better aka Kobe. It's not enough to win, you still try to improve. I get that. But damn, it's been tough for Lebron/AD to play with any PG outside of Rondo. Neither Dennis looked good, nor has Westbrook. Rondo has looked good in spurts, but as full time starter he didn't look good around Lebron. Neither did Ball, IMO. I get the benefits, I just don't think they have ever outweighed the consequences. However at this point, all we have to do is hope that Westbrook improves his off the ball cutting and D. What bummed me was not his shooting. He didn't cut enough, and he didn't defend hard at all. He has to.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:29 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
dino wrote:
bjelica was awesome...

This dude outhustle our bigs, can we get this vet team to chase boards and loose balls?

Bjelica isn’t a big enough name to be a Laker
seble24
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:33 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Ahh, LG.

To be fair - seemed like a heavy majority of people here wanted the Hield deal over WB, so it's within reason to complain if WB bombs.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:40 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Ahh, LG.

Go back another year. People P&M about Rondo. There always has to be a whipping boy. Danny Green and KCP have gotten tastes of it too.

It’s all good. Most of the doomsayers will disappear for most of the season after we figure it out and start rattling off win streaks.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:47 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Ahh, LG.

Go back another year. People P&M about Rondo. There always has to be a whipping boy. Danny Green and KCP have gotten tastes of it too

Russ has always started slow, particularly last couple of seasons. I remember last season Westbrook looked like you had to attach a FRP just to get rid of him and then he played so well that the Wizards didn’t want to get rid of him…he went to the owner and asked to work something out.

2 takeaways so far:
1. Melo is borderline unplayable on this team. This isn’t the Blazers where they don’t really play defense.

2. Vogel cannot afford to feel out lineups. Having too many non-defenders on the court at the same time could lead to his firing mid season. That game last night was lost as soon as he went to that lineup to end the 3rd. He will not have the luxury of past seasons where he experimented with lineups and then brought in Caruso, Green or KCP to choke out opponent. There are simply too many below average defenders on the roster.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:49 am    Post subject:

Get me Ben Simmons!
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:52 am    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:
Get me Ben Simmons!

So we are going the Tasmanian Devil routine where LBJ, Simmons and AD clog the paint and try to spin their way to the basket!

Not too different from Russ/LBJ/AD
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:55 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Ahh, LG.

Go back another year. People P&M about Rondo. There always has to be a whipping boy. Danny Green and KCP have gotten tastes of it too

Russ has always started slow, particularly last couple of seasons. I remember last season Westbrook looked like you had to attach a FRP just to get rid of him and then he played so well that the Wizards didn’t want to get rid of him…he went to the owner and asked to work something out.

2 takeaways so far:
1. Melo is borderline unplayable on this team. This isn’t the Blazers where they don’t really play defense.

2. Vogel cannot afford to feel out lineups. Having too many non-defenders on the court at the same time could lead to his firing mid season. That game last night was lost as soon as he went to that lineup to end the 3rd. He will not have the luxury of past seasons where he experimented with lineups and then brought in Caruso, Green or KCP to choke out opponent. There are simply too many below average defenders on the roster.

Ya, by years end. Everybody in Washington loved him. And he deserved the player of the month he got to end the year.

I expect us to do a lot of experimenting to start the season. Then by all star break Vogel will lock in a steady rotation. He probably believes we can be at least average defensively (if not better) once everybody buys in and understands what he wants. We have the personnel for rim protection. But our communication is bad. Be it pick and roll defense or switching off ball.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:22 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Ahh, LG.

So your contribution is to mock people who are venting. Come on, man, you can do better than that.
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:27 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Ahh, LG.

2 takeaways so far:

Ya, by years end. Everybody in Washington loved him. And he deserved the player of the month he got to end the year.

I expect us to do a lot of experimenting to start the season. Then by all star break Vogel will lock in a steady rotation. He probably believes we can be at least average defensively (if not better) once everybody buys in and understands what he wants. We have the personnel for rim protection. But our communication is bad. Be it pick and roll defense or switching off ball.

Yeah they loved him so much they got rid of him after 1 year for what many people here consider as Laker scraps. I haven't heard many Wizards fans complaining about the trade either
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:35 am    Post subject:

3baller wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Yeah they loved him so much they got rid of him after 1 year for what many people here consider as Laker scraps. I haven't heard many Wizards fans complaining about the trade either

Yep. The "everyone loved him in Washington" narrative has been kicked around a few times. I'm not entirely sure where it came from. I'm sure Westbrook had his fans.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:49 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Ahh, LG.

The issue remains though and I have said it many times. I supported both Dennis and Westbrook moves because the Lakers made them, but they were not moves I would have personally made because it's not a natural fit.

But what Lebron will argue (or his fans) is that neither were Wade and Bron. However it worked out because Wade's talent was that much. The argument for Westbrook, that Dennis never had, is that talent gap. You can put up with the warts of Westbrook because for every crap game like last night (and trust me there are at least 15 to 20 more of those in the RS) he will have just as many superstar (MVP level) shooting/overall games. The rest will be par (Solid games). That's been his MO throughout his career. With Dennis, the warts were never made up by the good games.

All that said, like I said a year ago and in the summer. AD and Bron are proven. 2+2 = 4 to take Shaq's words. Why we make things so complicated by adding ball dominant 3rd options who suck at 3 pointers IDK. I understand we want Lebron to play more off the ball. But why does it seem we've replace a great spot up shooter like Danny Green who fit in so well with ball dominant guards that don't fit in easily.

Again, I think Westbrook's talent makes up for the warts. But personally, I've never understood our obsession with breakng up the dynamics of a ring team. Pelinka's argument was he's striving to get better aka Kobe. It's not enough to win, you still try to improve. I get that. But damn, it's been tough for Lebron/AD to play with any PG outside of Rondo. Neither Dennis looked good, nor has Westbrook. Rondo has looked good in spurts, but as full time starter he didn't look good around Lebron. Neither did Ball, IMO. I get the benefits, I just don't think they have ever outweighed the consequences. However at this point, all we have to do is hope that Westbrook improves his off the ball cutting and D. What bummed me was not his shooting. He didn't cut enough, and he didn't defend hard at all. He has to.

I hate to nit pick here, but Schroder had plenty of solid games, and perhaps more importantly wasn't a 40% cap hit. The relative value in the context of salary is a wash for me personally.
krisobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:55 am    Post subject:

Simmons and DG or Seth for WB and Monk?

Simmons DG Ellington Bron AD ----- decent spacing. ben/ad/bron + 2 shooters

WB Bazemore Bron AD DJ ----- bad spacing. wb/ad/bron/DJ + 1 shooter (baze not really a shooter shooter) but DECENT 3&D.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7057, 7058, 7059 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 7058 of 8560
Jump to: