OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6375, 6376, 6377 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:17 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Hornets are gonna want us to take on Malik Monk in a Trezz S&T, I highly doubt we can get Rozier with that package.

Why would the Lakers hard cap themselves for Malik Monk?
LGFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:19 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
LGFan wrote:
King Randle wrote:
AD23 wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:
Montrezl opting in (possibly)?

Old news Our boy IG broke it pages ago

And be traded soon thereafter.

trez/gasol/mckiennie for Rozier.

The Hornets are in the weird (maybe eventually good?) position of wanting to get back to the playoffs asap while developing young guys and Rozier's caught somewhere in between. Their roster could get expensive quick and Rozier's going to want an $80-100M deal next summer - does Jordan sign off on that if Charlotte's the seventh seed?

It feels like they need a consolidation trade for a star rather than just shuffling guys around, but if Kupchak thinks Malik Monk can surpass Rozier on his second contract and he really likes Trezz... maybe...?

Heard in the morning hornets are going after Richaun Holmes. if they can get him thats a great move and no need for Trez.

They have to pay Graham this year and then Rozier, Bridges next year. then PJ Washington and then Ball

lot of bills comings for MJ.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:20 pm    Post subject:

LGFan wrote:
King Randle wrote:
AD23 wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:

The Hornets are in the weird (maybe eventually good?) position of wanting to get back to the playoffs asap while developing young guys and Rozier's caught somewhere in between. Their roster could get expensive quick and Rozier's going to want an $80-100M deal next summer - does Jordan sign off on that if Charlotte's the seventh seed?

It feels like they need a consolidation trade for a star rather than just shuffling guys around, but if Kupchak thinks Malik Monk can surpass Rozier on his second contract and he really likes Trezz... maybe...?

Charlotte has been talked about due to their reported interest last year. But I'm also looking at Atlanta and Philly as great fits (theoretically at least).

Atlanta has a numbers crunch with Collins who already turned down $90m. Lou and Trae would be great PnR partners for Trez who spends much of his offseason in Atlanta (his kids live there). If perhaps they can parlay interest by another team in Collins to a salary window to bring in Trez, perhaps the Lakers could capitalize (e.g. if they traded Collins to Portland, could the Lakers get Covington for Trez?). Philly also needs to make a move and both Doc and Morey have history with Montrezl. Something as simple as Trez for G Hill+ might be good for both teams.

Just random speculating though .
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:22 pm    Post subject:

LGFan wrote:
King Randle wrote:
AD23 wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:

I can see the hornets pay terry until balls rookie contract is up.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:23 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Hornets are gonna want us to take on Malik Monk in a Trezz S&T, I highly doubt we can get Rozier with that package.

If we can get Monk and say... the 11th pick? I don’t think it would matter.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:24 pm    Post subject:

Btw guys.. We can’t pick and choose what we can get for Trezz because all signs point to him leaving, this isn’t like the Schroeder situation were we have the option to keep Schroeder if we want.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:25 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Btw guys.. We can’t pick and choose what we can get for Trezz because all signs point to him leaving, this isn’t like the Schroeder situation were we have the option to keep Schroeder if we want.

DS is an UFA
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
LGFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:27 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

https://blackexcellence.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/ntipykqjpyl227boqdr5-740x412.jpg
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:27 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

DS is an UFA

We can pay him a certain amount to keep him, we hold his bird rights, Trezz is different, if we can get any sort of asset it would be a positive.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:29 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Yesterday it seemed like Westbrook to Lakers talk was getting louder, today that shift has changed to Chris Paul potentially coming to the Lakers and Emplay layed out a plan on how to acquire him from the Suns similar to the Clippers/Houston deal.

Maybe tomorrow will be Lowry day.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:29 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

DS is an UFA

We can pay him a certain amount to keep him, we hold his bird rights, Trezz is different, if we can get any sort of asset it would be a positive.

Not sure what you mean. If he wants to leave he will.

Hopefully he hooks us up with a S&T if he chooses elsewhere.

Quote:
"I've read so many things on Instagram," Schroder said after Game 6 loss to Suns. "At the end of the day, like I said, this is my eighth season in the NBA and I just wanted to make my own decision. One time that I can decide where I want to go. Just to say, OK, I want to re-sign with the Lakers or I want to go somewhere else. That's the only thing."

That's from the AZcentral. Unfortunately they didn't cite where he said that.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:30 pm    Post subject:

Thanks epic
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:32 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Monk is an idiot. please don't bring him up
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:33 pm    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

What he do?
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:34 pm    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

How does Devonte Graham sound? I think it’s possible we can land him in a Trezz S&T.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:36 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
LGFan wrote:
King Randle wrote:
AD23 wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:

Like most I'm a fan of Scary Terry and I'd hate to pay him mid level max money like what your talking about BVH but better him get that money than Dennis...........

As for Trezz , he would absolutely kill it as a Hornet. In his Homestate.

An hell who knows maybe Brandon Ingram forces his way back home to North Carolina one day too. Lamelo is one of the those players you'd love to play alongside with the way he dishes the rock.

I like the Rozier fit a lot. Much, much better spacing from him than DS. Another undersized SG more than PG, but he can run some offense against second units when LeBron is out. The luxury tax bill would be nuts, tho lol.

Something like: Trezz + Kuz to CHA for Rozier + Richards + future pick (a fake 1st that turns into two 2nds would be fine).

For Charlotte, a Richaun Holmes + Harrell pairing could be a lot of fun.

Ball/Graham
Monk/#11 pick
Hayward/Kuzma
Washington/Bridges
Holmes/Trezz

Defense would be an adventure again, but Rozier wouldn't change that.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:37 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
AD23 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

How does Devonte Graham sound? I think it’s possible we can land him in a Trezz S&T.

YES TO DEVONTE!
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:38 pm    Post subject:

Mark10 45 wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
Mark10 45 wrote:
can you use the 5.9million MLE when you're hard capped?

Fixed it for you...and no you can’t. It wouldn’t make cents to do anyways. You’re already hardcapped, so the use of the miniMLE won’t like reverse it or something haha.

But what you could do is use part of the fullMLE. So using about 6m of the 9.5m is allowable and possibly the only move you could make depending on how much wiggle one had from the 143m apron.

@AH, I already ran the numbers bro. It’s in the Q&A thread.

@LGFan: honestly I didn’t bother to check the tweet haha. But thanks for clarifying it.

ok thanks. So hard cap or not, we have 1 ~6million$ FA who we can bring in from a different team this Summer. isn't the hard cap being overstated in it's diabolicalness if that's the same option either way? Maybe this is why we hear rumors of the Lakers still being interested in players who would hard cap them? We can only sign 1 player of value in the $6M range anyway.........

Even if we didn’t sign Trez last offseason, we were hardcapped when we gave Wes the BAE (3.6m). By using that, we don’t have that exception to use either this offseason.

So just like last offseason when we chose to be hardcapped by bringing in Wes & Trez, we could choose to do the same this year. It’s just that unlike last year, this year we have way more of our own free agents to worry about retaining or maintain as an asset (to possibly flip later).

Even if we intend to sign or use just a 6m player with our MLE, we should act as if we used part of the fullMLE. Cause once you use the miniMLE, you cannot bring in a S&t’d player. So it’s better to act like we used part of the fullMLE (5.9m of the 9.5m), cause that way we can still bring in a S&t’d player after the use of that exception, but still before the season starts.

For example, we got DeRozan on the phone, Zo on the phone and Danny Green on the phone. Green says he’ll sign for around 6m, but we gotta decide right now. DeRozan says he still needs time to figure out if he’s okay in taking the fullMLE, so we would have to wait on him. Zo/Rich tell us they need time to see what Zo’s market value is, but once they find out, they’ll help Griff help them get to LA via S&t or QO for some assets back to NO.

So do we wait and possibly get hard capped by DeRozan later or do we lock up Green right now and still could possibly get hardcapped via Zo S&t or avoid it altogether if Zo takes his QO and forces a trade to us?

If we elect to sign Green ASAP, then it’s better to use part of the fullMLE (even though it could potentially hard cap us later). Cause if Zo does end up taking the QO, we won’t be hardcapped as long as the deal we gave Green is within the miniMLE amount. Of course at that point we forfeited the potential 3.6m that is remaining...but at least we’re not hardcapped. However, let’s say Zo wants more than his QO (14.4m) and agrees to a S&t, then since we gave Green part of the fullMLE, we still are allowed to take in a S&t’d player and that means we are now hardcapped and instead of forfeiting the 3.6m remaining on the MLE, we can now use it instead as long as we don’t breach 143m in total team salary.

Hope that answered your question. And if you’re still trying to get familiar, check this thread out.
http://www.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=191415

Last edited by vasashi17+ on Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:38 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
AD23 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

What he do?

Dude was suspended for being a coke head!!!!
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:39 pm    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:
epic_ wrote:
AD23 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

What he do?

Dude was suspended for being a coke head!!!!

Oh dang.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:39 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
AD23 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

possible? is that the criteria? Why not go big Miles bridges? i mean its possible.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:40 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
LGFan wrote:
King Randle wrote:
AD23 wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:

I can see the hornets pay terry until balls rookie contract is up.

That would also make sense.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:40 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
AD23 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

possible? is that the criteria? Why not go big Miles bridges? i mean its possible.

Graham sounds far more likely then Rozier, that was my point.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:46 pm    Post subject:

LGFan wrote:
LGFan wrote:
King Randle wrote:
AD23 wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:

Heard in the morning hornets are going after Richaun Holmes. if they can get him thats a great move and no need for Trez.

They have to pay Graham this year and then Rozier, Bridges next year. then PJ Washington and then Ball

lot of bills comings for MJ.

They're going to need more than Holmes to address their C situation, but they may try for a bigger dude since Holmes is also undersized. They seem likely to part ways with Biyombo and Zeller (I'd take either guy as a 3rd C, btw).

Their draft pick could determine which direction they go.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Harrell is a Klutch client. I am sure the Lakers will do him a solid and try to get him to a team he wants to play for.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6375, 6376, 6377 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 6376 of 8560
Jump to: