OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6155, 6156, 6157 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:53 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Dinwiddie shot close to 38% from 3 during the 2015-2016 season maybe he can get back to that level.

You're just creating a pathway to disappointment if you acquire a guy with the expectation that he will perform at his career highs rather than his career norms.

This. Schroder is a good example. He's a career .337 % 3pt shooter, but he shot .385% last year with OKC.

I still like Buddy Hield out of all the suggestions I've seen. Over 40% from 3 on a lot of attempts per game. He's been a prolific scorer too.
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:59 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Dinwiddie shot close to 38% from 3 during the 2015-2016 season maybe he can get back to that level.

You're just creating a pathway to disappointment if you acquire a guy with the expectation that he will perform at his career highs rather than his career norms.

Same logic with Dennis the Menace. We saw is career high in three pointer % a season ago and now we are looking for a sign and trade.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:13 am    Post subject:

It takes a special player, especially PG's, to play alongside Lebron. I mean the two guys who have played very well next to him are Dwayne Wade and Irving. So you really need high quality SG's, who can occasionally setup others, and have the ability to score and take over games in the 4th quarter.

Lebron is a little bit like Shaq in that way - a guy who is great until the 4th quarter, when he tires, doesn't shoot free throws well, and at times tightens up and misses shots he made the first 3 and a half quarters.

No that I think Schroder has been great, but more guys than not have found a challenge playing next to him. The two guys we know play well with him are AD and Caruso. It's a crap shoot who would play better next year Schroder or Dinwiddle.

if we really want Dinwiddle, I'd try to sign and trade Kuzma and another asset on his current deal. Then trade Schroder in a separate deal for other players.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:17 am    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
Lebron is a little bit like Shaq in that way - a guy who is great until the 4th quarter, when he tires, doesn't shoot free throws well, and at times tightens up and misses shots he made the first 3 and a half quarters.

Aren’t brons clutch numbers the best in history?
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:38 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

Lebron is one of the WOAT clutch players. I don’t care what the twitter nerds say. Anthony is our closer. Not Lebron.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:41 am    Post subject:

^^Just like the HOF Shaq which LeBron no question is...

He carries the team on his back, but even more with age, gets where he needs some help in the 4th quarter. he needs somebody who can create off the dribble and can shoot the jumper when Lebron gets cut off or zoned out.

Danny Green couldn't do it two years ago.

The jury is out if Schroder can do it, though I must say, he was very good defensively. Who knows if Dinwiddle can do it, it would seem the stats say Schroder is the better player. There are not a lot of plug and play guards who have shown they play well with Lebron.

Likely CP3, Lowry and maybe Dragic would........
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:04 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
Halflife wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

Lebron is one of the WOAT clutch players. I don’t care what the twitter nerds say. Anthony is our closer. Not Lebron.

It would be nice if our closer could stay healthy.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:10 am    Post subject:

I’m not sure Dinwiddie is a better fit than Schroder based on skill set, they are kind of the same player, but Dinwiddie is 6’6” with 6’9” wingspan and a better defender which fits Vogel’s defensive schemes

Breakdown videos

https://www.netsdaily.com/2020/4/15/21222350/film-study-the-case-for-keeping-spencer-dinwiddie
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:24 am    Post subject:

I don't want a guy coming off of a partial ACL tear.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:27 am    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
It takes a special player, especially PG's, to play alongside Lebron. I mean the two guys who have played very well next to him are Dwayne Wade and Irving. So you really need high quality SG's, who can occasionally setup others, and have the ability to score and take over games in the 4th quarter.

No that I think Schroder has been great, but more guys than not have found a challenge playing next to him. The two guys we know play well with him are AD and Caruso. It's a crap shoot who would play better next year Schroder or Dinwiddle.

if we really want Dinwiddle, I'd try to sign and trade Kuzma and another asset on his current deal. Then trade Schroder in a separate deal for other players.

Steph Curry and James Harden are better players than either of those two. Does KD, the greatest offensive weapon of all time, also need a special PG?
Give me prime Mo Williams over DS.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:38 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
Halflife wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

You post a clip of LeBron missing 1 free throw in the regular season as him being WOAT? Lol cmon!

LeBron statistically is very clutch, more clutch on both ends, and even more clutch in the Playoffs.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5c4vGk0Qel
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:55 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
LeBron statistically is very clutch

This is a familiar topic. I doubt we could even agree what "clutch" means, in statistical terms.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:28 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
I don't want a guy coming off of a partial ACL tear.

Feel the same way. We need healthy players, not banged up players. Bad enough we have to deal with Mr. Glass himself, Anthony Davis.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:30 am    Post subject:

Carlisle in Indiana seems like a good move.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:34 am    Post subject:

Bagley seems like he wants out of Sac.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ProCityHoops/status/1407918250399309827
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

LGFan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LGFan wrote:
32 wrote:
Spencer Dinwiddie reportedly wants to 'go home' or 'wants the bag', per @Krisplashed

"If Dinwiddie were to join the Lakers or Clippers, it would have to be in a sign-and-trade." https://t.co/f0BkpQp8gV

prefer him over dennis personally but would require an asset to get him

Living in the NY market I guess many of y’all haven’t really seen him play. I feel a lot of people who don’t like Dennis would not really like him too. Not a good 3 point shooter and needs the ball in his hands. Most might argue he’s better as a 6th man (sound familiar)? His defense leaves a lot to be desired and he’s coming off an injury.

But he has nice size and can handle the rock. But if he wants $20m I’m not sure that’s the best idea especially bc it will take assets to trade for him (and doubt Nets would want a $20m Dennis).

Thanks for assuming people who want him have not even watched him play

The Twitter quote literally says he wants to play home or want the bag. It doesn't say he wants to play at home and wants the bag

3rd I want a player that wants to be here instead of a guy who is here because we paid him the max $$$

I'm saying in general, the grass is always greener. I actually like Spencer and wanted him years back, when he was healthy and making under 10m/year. Now, he probably wants closer to double that. And I don't see the Nets agreeing to signing Dennis to be a near $20m/year bench player. So it means we are giving up Kuz/KCP and probably a pick for a guy who is essentially about the same caliber player as Dennis. If he wasn't coming off an injury, maybe I see it differently, but the cons:

1. not a 3 point shooter
2. coming off injury
3. will require a trade (and no, not Dennis S&T) and us giving up assets for a player about the same tier as Dennis
4. we will be hard capped.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

Halflife wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

Lebron often does well in the various formulae people have come up with to measure clutch.

That said, people have trouble agreeing what clutch means, let alone has to describe it statistically.

It can be a vague, eye of the beholder team, like "leader" or "someone who makes his teammates better." Often people feel a player is clutch or nor clutch because they just feel that way, with nothing to support their feeling except sweeping generalizations or a couple of cherry-picked examples of failure.

I personally find it a fairly meaningless term. I've never seen a clutch formula that I've found compelling, and I've never seen anyone describe why a particular player is or is not clutch in a way I found compelling.

Last edited by activeverb on Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:37 am; edited 1 time in total
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:37 am    Post subject:

Myles Turner and Spencer Dinwiddie. Two decent players.

Also, the 2 most overrated players on LG.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:38 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
Bagley seems like he wants out of Sac.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ProCityHoops/status/1407918250399309827

So many tears in Sac as they watch Luka/Trae.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:40 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Myles Turner and Spencer Dinwiddie. Two decent players.

Also, the 2 most overrated players on LG.

I can't imagine Myles closing out games b/c AD would.

Not sure Spencer would either if AC is back for example (and Dennis is gone).

I agree. Nice players, but a bit overrated.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:43 am    Post subject:

That was fast.

Quote:
Pacers are hiring Rick Carlisle as their new head coach, per @espn_macmahon

https://mobile.twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1408081164649132032
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:44 am    Post subject:

BROGDAN is the guy I would target. Two way player that can play either guard position. Shoots the three. He comes here and elevates to an all star. He may be out of reach but if available…
LGFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:48 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

I'm saying in general, the grass is always greener. I actually like Spencer and wanted him years back, when he was healthy and making under 10m/year. Now, he probably wants closer to double that. And I don't see the Nets agreeing to signing Dennis to be a near $20m/year bench player. So it means we are giving up Kuz/KCP and probably a pick for a guy who is essentially about the same caliber player as Dennis. If he wasn't coming off an injury, maybe I see it differently, but the cons:

1. not a 3 point shooter
2. coming off injury
3. will require a trade (and no, not Dennis S&T) and us giving up assets for a player about the same tier as Dennis
4. we will be hard capped.

we need to see what exactly it means when he says he wants to pay at home and for what cost before discarding the entire idea.

As a player Spencer >>> Dennis
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:51 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
Halflife wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

i feel like you are skip bayless and i got suckered into clicking. Nick wright recently posted clutch numbers and bron surpassed everyone. I just searched YT, "bron clutch" and actual data pops up from various shows. Obviously no one is taking bron before MJ and probably kobe regardless of what numbers say but the datas there.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:51 am    Post subject:

textbook wrote:
BROGDAN is the guy I would target. Two way player that can play either guard position. Shoots the three. He comes here and elevates to an all star. He may be out of reach but if available…

You would have to kill Carlise to get your hands on Brogdan. He is their best player and still on a great contract. There is zero chance he is moved.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6155, 6156, 6157 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 6156 of 8560
Jump to: