OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6089, 6090, 6091 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LGFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:37 pm    Post subject:

hydrohead wrote:
Kuz & KCP for Hield seems like a deal the Kings would make.
Both Kuz and KCP played well under Walton.
KCP would be a nice fit along Fox. He wouldn’t complain about minutes like Hield.
Kuz would return to having a big scoring load, something i’m sure he’s clamoring for.

Heild shot 10 three pointers a game. Sure is comfortable in the long distance role and he can create off the drible. Seems like an ideal 3rd scorer type.
Of course, he would have to change his number from his idol.

Someone suggested kcp/kuzma good for heild/Bagley. I like that deal
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:12 pm    Post subject:

hydrohead wrote:
KCP would be a nice fit along Fox. He wouldn’t complain about minutes like Hield.
Kuz would return to having a big scoring load, something i’m sure he’s clamoring for.

Heild shot 10 three pointers a game. Sure is comfortable in the long distance role and he can create off the drible. Seems like an ideal 3rd scorer type.

KCP with slightly better stats than Hield. Of course, less points as he has 2 stars on the team, but better stats. How's Hields D? KCP for Hield seems like a shorter but stronger KCP, at first glance.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:13 pm    Post subject:

LGFan wrote:
hydrohead wrote:

That would be interesting. 4th year Marvin as our starting center? How's his defense?
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:56 pm    Post subject:

LGFan wrote:
hydrohead wrote:

won’t be able to pull both. Hield is the markee player in the deal. maybe they through in a second rounder which we may turn into a kuzma-tht quality player with our knack to find gold.
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:06 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
hydrohead wrote:

KCP with slightly better stats than Hield. Of course, less points as he has 2 stars on the team, but better stats. How's Hields D? KCP for Hield seems like a shorter but stronger KCP, at first glance.

D nothing worth writing home about. Hes a talent that has mired in bad organizations. I think he and LBJ-AD allowing for better scoring opportunities and you’ll see his efficiency improve.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:04 pm    Post subject:

I'm surprised KCP is being mentioned as much as he is in deals.. after Bron and AD it's been him and Caruso most important to our success going back tot he bubble. Well, Rondo. But Hield is a guy I really like as an offensive piece. Kinda exactly what we need on that tbh.

If we can get Trez to opt in and work on a trade + extension type deal, those are the two I'd love to see in the deal. Just don't see Trez wanting to go to Sacramento.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:06 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
I'm surprised KCP is being mentioned as much as he is in deals.. after Bron and AD it's been him and Caruso most important to our success going back tot he bubble. Well, Rondo. But Hield is a guy I really like as an offensive piece. Kinda exactly what we need on that tbh.

If we can get Trez to opt in and work on a trade + extension type deal, those are the two I'd love to see in the deal. Just don't see Trez wanting to go to Sacramento.

Do you trust KCP's shooting with crowds back in the arena?
I know he deals with anxiety issues.
I was wondering if he was one of those that truly benefited from no fans in the arena.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:10 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
How is random dude on Twitter getting a bunch of Laker info?

Seems like he's just doing the standard blogger thing. He finds an "NBA source" (which could mean anything) and gets the source to cough up some idle speculation. Then he speculates about the speculation, writing it up in vague, nothing-is-for-sure language like "expected to pursue," "considering a trade," or "early potential landing spots."

Manufacturing this type of info isn't particular hard, because there isn't anything at its core except someone shooting off from their hip.

Honestly, he is just catering to the Inspector Gadgets of the world, who want some rumor or tidbit they can talk about. Whether the rumor or tidbit has any truth is irrelevant because another rumor will replace it tomorrow.

If you devoted your time to reading Twitter and listening to talk radio, you could probably come up with enough material to make yourself sound like an insider to those who want to believe.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

2019 wrote:

KCP is mentioned a lot because we don't have many tradeable guys with a big salaries. Once you start trying to balance out salaries you inevitably use Kuz and KCP (while maybe hoping Trez opts in).
Swagron12
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Any chance Mychal Thompson pushes his son Klay to demand a trade to the Lakers this summer especially if the Curry extension talks fall apart?

These types of posts should get a poster banned.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:17 pm    Post subject:

Swagron12 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Any chance Mychal Thompson pushes his son Klay to demand a trade to the Lakers this summer especially if the Curry extension talks fall apart?

Because I’m hoping that Klay comes to the Lakers? Get a grip
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:20 pm    Post subject:

If we can get Marvin Bagley I say you do it before the Kings change there mind, it would be great if Bagley finally starts to tap some of his potential while as a Laker, that would really upset the Kings fan base.
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:27 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
2019 wrote:

KCP is mentioned a lot because we don't have many tradeable guys with a big salaries. Once you start trying to balance out salaries you inevitably use Kuz and KCP (while maybe hoping Trez opts in).

Yup. just so happens that the two add up to about 26 mil in salary which is around your star level talent-expected 3rd scorer types. we get closer to 30 mil if we add Gasol whose experience some teams may want. then it’s finding a disgruntled star who want out from a team that would have value in Kuz and KCP. Sac is one of the few teams that makes sense.

Last edited by hydrohead on Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Swagron12
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:28 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Swagron12 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

You get a grip. All of your posts are beyond illogical and only illustrates your lack of NBA knowledge. You have zero credibility as a poster. So out of touch, not even fun to read.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:32 pm    Post subject:

Swagron12 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Swagron12 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

You get a grip. All of your posts are beyond illogical and only illustrates your lack of NBA knowledge. You have zero credibility as a poster. So out of touch, not even fun to read.

MLB is coming down on the grip.

Quote:
Jeff Passan
@JeffPassan

The memo outlining the plan for foreign substances is coming tomorrow, sources tell ESPN, and it includes a 10-day suspension with pay for anyone caught with any sort of substance, from sunscreen mixed with rosin to Spider Tack. News story is free at ESPN:

💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:32 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Swagron12 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

A) How are the Lakers even completing this trade? Klay makes $37 million next season. You'd need Trezz to opt in and then trade him, Kuz and KCP or something like that. What is the appeal for the Warriors?

B) Why would Klay want to leave? The Warriors are clearly in the mix if he's back. Yes, the kind of gravity and spacing he would provide would work wonders for AD and Lebron inside. But beyond novelty I don't see what the appeal would be for him and his father has never made any serious noise about pushing Klay to LA.. He has as many family ties to Portland and the bay as he does to LA, so it isn't like LA would have some special appeal for him. He hasn't been mentioned as a disgruntled star anywhere I'm aware of. So this is basically one big non-starter.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:33 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
How is random dude on Twitter getting a bunch of Laker info?

Seems like he's just doing the standard blogger thing. He finds an "NBA source" (which could mean anything) and gets the source to cough up some idle speculation. Then he speculates about the speculation, writing it up in vague, nothing-is-for-sure language like "expected to pursue," "considering a trade," or "early potential landing spots."

Manufacturing this type of info isn't particular hard, because there isn't anything at its core except someone shooting off from their hip.

Honestly, he is just catering to the Inspector Gadgets of the world, who want some rumor or tidbit they can talk about. Whether the rumor or tidbit has any truth is irrelevant because another rumor will replace it tomorrow.

If you devoted your time to reading Twitter and listening to talk radio, you could probably come up with enough material to make yourself sound like an insider to those who want to believe.

Most of the NBA "reporting" is not much different than a random post on LG with the words "NBA sources say."
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:34 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
epic_ wrote:
King Randle wrote:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CQHc4i3Ld0A/?utm_medium=copy_link

Sorry this is on IG….report by Evan Massey….said both OKC and Sacramento are interested in Kuz…..just thought I’d share.

Check out this thread to get some context on that Massey character

https://mobile.twitter.com/hmfaigen/status/1404530613453946882

You gotta expand Harrison's tweet to see how it starts. Massey seems like those insider posers.

Yeah Evan Massey seems like a hack but he can’t be any worse then IGotSources that dude was beyond a douche.

Yea. That guys posts should be kicked to the curb.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:36 pm    Post subject:

Swagron12 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Swagron12 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I have to disagree. I think Gadget is one of the best posters on LG.

Sure, his posts often make no sense. But his unbridled enthusiasm and optimism is always fun.

Even though he often makes me shake my head, I enjoy his posts way more than the people who are repeating the same-old same-old stuff about Dennis Shroeder.

Frankly, anyone who spends any amount of time on LG's trade forum has no standing to complain about inanity or illogic. If those things bother you, and you still decide to come here, you have no one to blame but yourself.

Last edited by activeverb on Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Swagron12
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:39 pm    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Swagron12 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

A) How are the Lakers even completing this trade? Klay makes $37 million next season. You'd need Trezz to opt in and then trade him, Kuz and KCP or something like that. What is the appeal for the Warriors?

B) Why would Klay want to leave? The Warriors are clearly in the mix if he's back. Yes, the kind of gravity and spacing he would provide would work wonders for AD and Lebron inside. But beyond novelty I don't see what the appeal would be for him and his father has never made any serious noise about pushing Klay to LA.. He has as many family ties to Portland and the bay as he does to LA, so it isn't like LA would have some special appeal for him. He hasn't been mentioned as a disgruntled star anywhere I'm aware of. So this is basically one big non-starter.

Agreed. Exactly A and B. There is no logic in any of this guys posts. It makes the thread less enjoyable to those looking for real life basketball thought processes and possibilities.

Is there a fantasy forum this guy can play on? Where no logic is required?
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:46 pm    Post subject:

Swagron12 wrote:
RG73 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Swagron12 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Agreed. Exactly A and B. There is no logic in any of this guys posts. It makes the thread less enjoyable to those looking for real life basketball thought processes and possibilities.

Is there a fantasy forum this guy can play on? Where no logic is required?

Lol. Bro, this current thread IS the illogical one

Serious folks attend the ghost town thread in the trade lounge: http://forums.lakersground.net/viewforum.php?f=25
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:03 pm    Post subject:

I’m not advocating for the FO to put together a package for Klay.. my main point of my post was that it would be so awesome if we had Klay as a 3rd option, I’m not here to upset anyone... if we can put together a package great but I know it’s unlikely but that’s why the off season makes you dream.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:07 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
I’m not advocating for the FO to put together a package for Klay.. my main point of my post was that it would be so awesome if we had Klay as a 3rd option, I’m not here to upset anyone... if we can put together a package great but I know it’s unlikely but that’s why the off season makes you dream.

Klay is not going anywhere
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:16 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Klay is not going anywhere

I know, I’m just trying to have a little fun, I hope Swagron isn’t upset with me anymore.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:44 pm    Post subject:

Getting back on track…D Rose would be a guy I think we could sign realistically.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6089, 6090, 6091 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 6090 of 8560
Jump to: