OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6085, 6086, 6087 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:22 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:
Despite an inconsistent season, Schroder will reportedly have suitors in the free agent and potentiall sign-and-trade market with the Chicago Bulls, New York Knicks and Toronto Knicks being among them, via Shams Charania of The Athletic:

Quote:
“They have Dennis Schroder, that’s going to be their biggest free agent piece that they have. Either you bring him back or you use him in a sign and trade. I expect the Lakers to be open to either possibility. Those are open for discussion. You’ll have multiple teams, I’m told, involved in the Dennis Schroder sweepstakes. I’ll look at the Bulls, I’ll look at the Knicks, I’ll look at the Raptors, so that’s still a very fluid situation.”

LINK

S&T = asset, can it give us cap exemption or something , like signing above cap for like a CP3 or Lowry or Conley (the FA PG distributors)
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:25 am    Post subject:

LGFan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
leking006 wrote:
Just Get Lonzo Ball back, or if CP3 doen't win a ring this season, I think he will consider playing with Bron next season.

I was a big Zo fan, but do people realize he averages something like 50 games a season? His durability/injury history are major concerns. I don't think Pels will want Dennis at a 20m S&T to be hard capped either (and I don't think the Lakers want to be hard capped again as well).

Zo >> Dennis

They do different things well.
I don't think it's as simple as one being better than the other.
But it's about which aspects of the game you want from your lead gaurd.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:27 am    Post subject:

I’ll be interested to see if Dennis backs up his talk.

He seemed to praise Pelinka and say he knows it’s a business because he is a team owner in Germany. Basically his message was no hard feelings.

So let’s see if he really is of the character he portrays and agrees to the S&T if he’s not back with the Lakers. He praised Pelinka with always having his back in anything he needed so let’s see if he reciprocates in the professional business etiquette arena...
bkt4208
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:31 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
We got lucky a couple of years ago. Nobody expected DH or even JM to play like they did. They held the fort (in a short season) until the playoffs where AD could play center. We all know we are better with AD playing center. We also all know that AD does not want or can not play center long term. We were exposed at the center position this season, and getting one (along with a shooter and maybe a pg depending on how the DS situation pans out) is critical. If you are counting on Gasol and some scrub vet to anchor the center position this season, we are in for another disappointing season.

Um no.

AD is plenty capable of playing the 5. He can still get half his minutes playing the 4 in the regular season....and no, we do not need a big talent at the C position. We don't have the resources to get one anyways, but it is far down on the priority list, to say nothing about the lesser need of one in todays' evolving NBA.

There will be a long list of minimum guys who can fight for those first six minutes at each halves to play there- we have MUCH BIGGER NEEDS including needing better (VOLUME) shooters....period.

We were not exposed at center- the shortcomings we did have was because Harrell is undersized and cannot defend and Drummond leaves a lot to be desired in that department as well. Even with that we ranked #1 in defense and few teams matched our scoring output from the 5.

I am perfectly fine with AD, Gasol and one or two guys on the minimum (Howard, McGee, Dredmon, etc).

Perimeter scoring and defending is where we need the upgrades
LGFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:32 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
LGFan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
leking006 wrote:
Just Get Lonzo Ball back, or if CP3 doen't win a ring this season, I think he will consider playing with Bron next season.

I was a big Zo fan, but do people realize he averages something like 50 games a season? His durability/injury history are major concerns. I don't think Pels will want Dennis at a 20m S&T to be hard capped either (and I don't think the Lakers want to be hard capped again as well).

Zo >> Dennis

for our team id take zo over dennis. 37.8% from 3 on 8.3 3pt attempts. Plays defense and can run an offense.

wants to play for the lakers and wont be immature kid and change his twitter/insta on the most important game of the season
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:33 am    Post subject:

LGFan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
leking006 wrote:

Zo >> Dennis

Really not the point.

1. He's a RFA, so how do you get him?
2. If Zo>Dennis, why are the Pels trading the better player for an inferior player.
3. why is Dennis interested in the Pels? He seems like a big market guy, ergo rumors he is interested in LA/Chi/NY.
4. Zo misses so many games with injuries. Isn't that part of the analysis? Availability? Do you trust his body to hold up to 82 regular season games and possibly 28 postseason games?
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:37 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

He seemed to praise Pelinka and say he knows it’s a business because he is a team owner in Germany. Basically his message was no hard feelings.

So let’s see if he really is of the character he portrays and agrees to the S&T if he’s not back with the Lakers. He praised Pelinka with always having his back in anything he needed so let’s see if he reciprocates in the professional business etiquette arena...

I don't really understand your post.

Dennis will do what's best for himself, in terms of getting the most money and being on the team he most wants to be on.

I doubt he cares whether than happens through a straight free agency signing or a sign-and-trade.

I mean, are you suggesting he'd refuse a sign and trade that gives him more money just to spite the Lakers? Don't see that happening.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LGFan wrote:
epic_ wrote:
LGFan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
leking006 wrote:

Zo >> Dennis

for our team id take zo over dennis. 37.8% from 3 on 8.3 3pt attempts. Plays defense and can run an offense.

wants to play for the lakers and wont be immature kid and change his twitter/insta on the most important game of the season

Zo really improved his shooting. I hope it holds up. I don't think he gets 8 attempts from 3 a game on our team though. Zo kind of played like an off guard this year right, with BI doing most of the initiating? Correct me if I'm wrong, as I only saw a few of their games.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

bkt4208 wrote:
RashardA wrote:
governator wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
THT / 22nd pick and OKCs pick + Trezz can net us some 1 good

Assuming this means DS is gone (to accommodate Horford salary and the incoming trade for THT/picks salary), which $ fits for the trade?

AC (might be replaced by min)
Lavine? Brogdon?
Bron
AD
Horford

Ask yourself this question.

If you had a 26 year old Zach Lavine on your team, would you trade him for Talen Horton Tucker and a low first round pick?

Answer is no.

Just another in a long list of asinine proposals that have absolutely no chance of happening

The scenario Ins Gadget proposed is Horford and a high 1st Rd pick for KCP/Kuz then assuming DS S&T to create cap room (can we?) then package THT, that OKC high 1st rd, our own low 1st rd for Lavine (I think it’s pretty fair)? But I’m not sure the $ works
LGFan
Star Player
Star Player

yinoma2001 wrote:
LGFan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
leking006 wrote:

Zo >> Dennis

Really not the point.

1. He's a RFA, so how do you get him?
2. If Zo>Dennis, why are the Pels trading the better player for an inferior player.
3. why is Dennis interested in the Pels? He seems like a big market guy, ergo rumors he is interested in LA/Chi/NY.
4. Zo misses so many games with injuries. Isn't that part of the analysis? Availability? Do you trust his body to hold up to 82 regular season games and possibly 28 postseason games?

early career injuries is the reason that got curry 44/4yrs deal. he went to play most of the game that part of the contract. u cannot predict injuries in any sports.

dennis is interested in getting paid. he will play on pluto for the highest bidder. I dont think he is a kind of guy that will take less to play on a contender.

also i never said go do a Double S&T, dennis for zo. i was just pointing out I would take zo over dennis any day of week

Last edited by LGFan on Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:50 am; edited 1 time in total
bkt4208
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:41 am    Post subject:

The "reuniting with Ball" when we have zero cap space, he is an RFA and we have little to no assets (especially compared to what other teams could offer) is also asinine....

We seriously need two threads.

One for realistic and logical offseason signings and trades and then one for all this absurd-silly talk- no way- not going to happen- dreamland proposals
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:44 am    Post subject:

Why guys here already assumed that Suns is better than Healthy Lakers

A hobbling Lebron and AD is good enough to beat them, but too bad AD got injured, no way in hell suns will win with a healthy Bron and AD

Suns is just lucky this season that they are bracketed with 2 ailing teams. If Donovan will be healthy and conley play, I dont see them winning vs Jazz.

Last edited by leking006 on Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:46 am; edited 1 time in total
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:44 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

I don't really understand your post.

Dennis will do what's best for himself, in terms of getting the most money and being on the team he most wants to be on.

I doubt he cares whether than happens through a straight free agency signing or a sign-and-trade.

I mean, are you suggesting he'd refuse a sign and trade that gives him more money just to spite the Lakers? Don't see that happening.

I wouldn’t put it past a guy who operates the way he does.

KD is a max player who could have totally screwed GS, but he agreed to a S&T so GS wouldn’t get nothing in return.

That’s a max player...Dennis thinks he’s a max player and has an ego that goes beyond a max player. He wants to show the world that he is the captain now, so like I said I wouldn’t put it past him to spite the Lakers and in the process screw himself out of a couple of $ just because...
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:45 am    Post subject:

bkt4208 wrote:
The "reuniting with Ball" when we have zero cap space, he is an RFA and we have little to no assets (especially compared to what other teams could offer) is also asinine....

We seriously need two threads.

One for realistic and logical offseason signings and trades and then one for all this absurd-silly talk- no way- not going to happen- dreamland proposals

Can you create the "logical trades only" thread?
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:50 am    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
Why guys here already assumed that Suns is better than Healthy Lakers

A hobbling Lebrob and AD is good enough to beat them, but too bad AD got injured, no way in hell suns will win with a healthy Bron and AD

I don't think any reasonable person would have taken Suns over a healthy Lakers. Healthy AD and LeBron are simply unicorns. Hurt Lebron and AD were up 2-1. The Suns were no slouch though. They definitely took care of business.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:51 am    Post subject:

bkt4208 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
We got lucky a couple of years ago. Nobody expected DH or even JM to play like they did. They held the fort (in a short season) until the playoffs where AD could play center. We all know we are better with AD playing center. We also all know that AD does not want or can not play center long term. We were exposed at the center position this season, and getting one (along with a shooter and maybe a pg depending on how the DS situation pans out) is critical. If you are counting on Gasol and some scrub vet to anchor the center position this season, we are in for another disappointing season.

Um no.

AD is plenty capable of playing the 5. He can still get half his minutes playing the 4 in the regular season....and no, we do not need a big talent at the C position. We don't have the resources to get one anyways, but it is far down on the priority list, to say nothing about the lesser need of one in todays' evolving NBA.

There will be a long list of minimum guys who can fight for those first six minutes at each halves to play there- we have MUCH BIGGER NEEDS including needing better (VOLUME) shooters....period.

We were not exposed at center- the shortcomings we did have was because Harrell is undersized and cannot defend and Drummond leaves a lot to be desired in that department as well. Even with that we ranked #1 in defense and few teams matched our scoring output from the 5.

I am perfectly fine with AD, Gasol and one or two guys on the minimum (Howard, McGee, Dredmon, etc).

UM YES. We were exposed at center. We had a difficult "year" underneath which culminated with us making Ayton looking like the 2nd coming of Wilt or Shaq. Here is what centers averaged against us this season:

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/how-many-points-do-backup-centers-score-against-lakers-this-year

Again, its known that AD does not want to play center long term. With the recent injuries, I am guessing he desire to not play center will be even stonger this season. We all know we need shooters just like we knew last season as well (its not rocket science). Saying we need a volume shooter means nothing. Getting one is the hard part. We are stuck in the mud util the DS situation unfolds. If we lose DS for nothing (still possible), then one of our priorities becomes getting a pg.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:53 am    Post subject:

logical24 wrote:
Kuzma/KCP/Trez/1st S&T for Westbrook
Sign Dwight
Sign Lou Vet Min
Resign Ben Mac
Derozan MLE
Sign Kelly Olynyk
Resign Morris
Resign Wesly

Westbrook/Caruso/Lou
Dennis/Wesly/Ben
Bron/Derozan/THT
AD/Kelly/Morris
Dwight/Drummond/Marc

My dream scenario

Ah, one of those proposals where multiple players sign with the Lakers for way below their market value. Haven't had one of those for a few days.

My favorite part is where Kelly Olynyk turns down the $10 million+ contract someone will offer him to come here and backup AD for the minimum.

Last edited by activeverb on Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:00 am; edited 1 time in total
bkt4208
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:53 am    Post subject:

Bird rights is what is getting missed in all of the DS talk.

It gets reset if Schroder simply signs with another team. His bird rights can go with him if he instead chooses to do a S&T....

Sometimes that is all the incentive one needs
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:56 am    Post subject:

Nobody is missing the bird rights for DS (the entire board knows this). Everybody also knows our cap situation and the difficulties we would have if DS bolts for nothing.
bkt4208
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:21 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
bkt4208 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

Um no.

UM YES. We were exposed at center. We had a difficult "year" underneath which culminated with us making Ayton looking like the 2nd coming of Wilt or Shaq. Here is what centers averaged against us this season:

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/how-many-points-do-backup-centers-score-against-lakers-this-year

Again, its known that AD does not want to play center long term. With the recent injuries, I am guessing he desire to not play center will be even stonger this season. We all know we need shooters just like we knew last season as well (its not rocket science). Saying we need a volume shooter means nothing. Getting one is the hard part. We are stuck in the mud util the DS situation unfolds. If we lose DS for nothing (still possible), then one of our priorities becomes getting a pg.

Not sure why you attached that website. Those statistical numbers are actually not that bad and were pretty much on par with the previous season. See the plus minus at the end? Those "centers" were still (-82) against us while they were on the floor. And that silly website doesn't even put in the calculation of any AD minutes at the 5.

Regardless, you can't be a +82 as well as wind up #1 in defense and say you were "exposed" lol. That is ludicrous.

What is funny is we barely spent anything on the position the previous year with JM and DH and were a +425 in 66 games. And it wasn't because of their scoring prowess either, but rather our defense.

Ayton looked like the second coming because we got abused on the pick and roll and our perimeter defense was bad as well as our switching. Drummond also is not a good defender or particularly good rim protector. Howard is night and day better (as is a long list of others who will likely be available for cheap)...

I am 100% convinced a HEALTHY AD would have done better against him. Games 2 and 3 showed that, even if only half his minutes were at the 5.

And yes, volume shooters matter and we need one- which I would argue not only needs to be what we use our MLE on but also any S&T upgrades we wind up doing better be for a player who excels at it....
bkt4208
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:26 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
Nobody is missing the bird rights for DS (the entire board knows this). Everybody also knows our cap situation and the difficulties we would have if DS bolts for nothing.

Yet is never included on many of the discussions on why he would consider a sign and trade lol

Nah, entire board may be a reach don't you think? lol
bkt4208
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:28 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
logical24 wrote:
Sign Dwight
Sign Lou Vet Min
Resign Ben Mac
Derozan MLE
Sign Kelly Olynyk
Resign Morris
Resign Wesly

Westbrook/Caruso/Lou
Dennis/Wesly/Ben
Bron/Derozan/THT
AD/Kelly/Morris
Dwight/Drummond/Marc

My dream scenario

Ah, one of those proposals where multiple players sign with the Lakers for way below their market value. Haven't had one of those for a few days.

My favorite part is where Kelly Olynyk turns down the $10 million+ contract someone will offer him to come here and backup AD for the minimum.

Is that Lou Williams also taking the minimum???

Derozan taking 6 million?

haha
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:32 am    Post subject:

Jonas Valanciunas and Brandon Clarke to Lakers

Kuzma/Gasol/McKinnie/KCP to Memphis

Gasol goes back to the Grizzles for his farewell tour and we get a reliable C and a good defensive player in Clarke
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:34 am    Post subject:

bkt4208 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

Yet is never included on many of the discussions on why he would consider a sign and trade lol

Nah, entire board may be a reach don't you think? lol

Find a team that would do a sign and trade for him! Go ahead. There are thirty fan bases. Try Reddit or try community boards; like a pacers digest, spurs report, etc., nothing is stopping you from doing that. Deuce (aka Inspector Gadget) scrapes info from RealGM, god bless him for that and his posts have value in that regard. Those Kuzma for Al Horford trades probably came from RealGM OKC board.

Go out and find these sign and trade partners!

Last edited by JUST-MING on Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:39 am; edited 5 times in total
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:34 am    Post subject:

bkt4208 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
logical24 wrote:
Sign Dwight
Sign Lou Vet Min
Resign Ben Mac
Derozan MLE
Sign Kelly Olynyk
Resign Morris
Resign Wesly

Westbrook/Caruso/Lou
Dennis/Wesly/Ben
Bron/Derozan/THT
AD/Kelly/Morris
Dwight/Drummond/Marc

My dream scenario

Is that Lou Williams also taking the minimum???

Derozan taking 6 million?

haha

That also requires Trez to opt in which he basically dismissed that as well. But I don't think you'll see huge contracts like most people think unless you're a very good player...remember teams went just about 2 years with zero to no fans....lots of lost revenue to make up...they need to make that up next year and who knows how many fans return after covid.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6085, 6086, 6087 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 6086 of 8560
Jump to: