OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5995, 5996, 5997 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 7:44 pm    Post subject:

Steph going for the three point record?

11 of 19 with one minute left in the third

Oh nvm.. they are up too much I'm sure Steve Kerr is gonna pull him
#savethekids
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 11:20 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
A hypothetical off season deal: Kuzma for Malik Beasley

Minny fans are in support of it

My dog is a fan and she says no. Nobody cares what fans are or not in support of.๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ•
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 10:11 pm    Post subject:

joeblow wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
joeblow wrote:
Quote:
Luca Vildoza, one of the top playmaking guards in Europe, has agreed-in-principle to a four-year, $13.6M deal with the New York Knicks, his agent Alex Saratsis of Octagon Sports told ESPN.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1390003182647103500

Welp, that's one bidding war obstacle gone that Dennis the Menace was counting to boost his salary estimate this off season. That is unless the Knicks expect to pay a combined $40 million a year for their PG and back-up PG.

Inspector Gadget wrote:
The guy on the Pacers we need to make a run at is Brogdon he should been a target when we were going after Kawhi Leonard.

I literally said the same thing when Leonard bailed on us, but we won a championship anyway so I won't complain.

Is it 13m for 4 years (total) or 13m per year?

Itโ€™s 13m total...about 3m per and of that, only this year is guaranteed too.

Solid deal by NY along with the deal they made earlier for DRose... it sure looks like the Dolan (bleep) show is finally curtains.

Ah, I misread it. I guess the DS bidding war is inevitable.

The Vildoza thing is pretty meaningless. The Knicks had to spend an additional $3 million this year just to get to the minimum NBA salary. The rest of his salary is close to an NBA minimum slot.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 10:18 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
I think if we end the season badly, most of our free agent will leave the team.

I think how we end the season will be irrelevant in terms of our free agents. Most of our free agents are going to be motivated by who will pay them the most.

Caruso and THT are restricted free agents who will shop for the best deal, and then let us match.

Drummond, Harrell and DS will see who will pay them the most.

Wes will take a minimum deal.

I don't see any of that changing whether we win a ring or get knocked out in the first round.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 1:26 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:

I think how we end the season will be irrelevant in terms of our free agents. Most of our free agents are going to be motivated by who will pay them the most.

Caruso and THT are restricted free agents who will shop for the best deal, and then let us match.

I don't see any of that changing whether we win a ring or get knocked out in the first round.

Caruso is an unrestricted free agents. The Lakers have Bird Rights for Schrรถder but not Drummond, Harrell (if he opts out), or Matthews.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 1:12 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
activeverb wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:

Caruso is an unrestricted free agents. The Lakers have Bird Rights for Schrรถder but not Drummond, Harrell (if he opts out), or Matthews.

I forgot Caruso was unrestricted.

I expect Drummond and Harrell to leave.

DS will probably resign for way more than fans expect him to get.

It will be interesting to see what kind of offers THT and Caruso get.

We could have a real housecleaning with minimal ways to replace guys.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 5:32 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
activeverb wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:

I forgot Caruso was unrestricted.

I expect Drummond and Harrell to leave.

DS will probably resign for way more than fans expect him to get.

It will be interesting to see what kind of offers THT and Caruso get.

We could have a real housecleaning with minimal ways to replace guys.

Because of THT's contract he can't receive more than around $9.5M from any other team while the Lakers can pay him a starting salary of around $10.5M. The complicating factor is that another team could sign him to a "poison pill" deal that balloons in the third and fourth year of his contract for up to $25M-ish per season (roughly MLE for years 1-2, max contract for years 3-4). We saw this with Jeremy Lin when the Rockets signed him away from the Knicks - it ended with the 2015 Lakers getting a 1st round pick (Nance!) for eating the final year of Lin's bloated deal.

But that's a lot of money to bet on THT's flashes even for a bad franchise like Chicago. My guess is AC and THT are back for around MLE money (~ $10M per)* with THT maybe taking a shorter 2-year contract so he can hit free agency again sooner without CBA contract restrictions.

I think your other predictions are spot on - Trezz and Drummond gone, DS back for something like 4/$100M+.

* AC could get more and could be gone with a great playoffs

Last edited by Baron Von Humongous on Mon May 10, 2021 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 5:37 pm    Post subject:

Like clockwork, when you see a crazy high Spurs score (currently up on the Bucks by 20) and check the stats, it's because Patty Mills and Rudy Gay are shooting the crap out of the ball off the bench.

Both of those guys are UFAs this summer, btw.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 6:00 pm    Post subject:

Re: old Westbrook as future Laker discourse

1) How do you routinely get 15+ assists in an NBA game today? Dude had 21 assists tonight without Bradley Beal. No Beal!

2) If you were dry humping Rondo and are now crapping on Westbrook, what are you doing with your basketball life?

3) Let a Southern California dude come home to compete for a title. Where's the heart?
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 6:09 pm    Post subject:

Would love Westbrook on this team bus his is way over paid.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 6:11 pm    Post subject:

Stick a fork in Boston. Jaylen Brown is out for the season with a wrist injury.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 6:19 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:

Sucks for Brown but Boston was never really a threat this year. Not since Kemba joined that team.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 7:01 pm    Post subject:

Like clockwork, when you see a crazy high Spurs score (currently up on the Bucks by 20) and check the stats, it's because Patty Mills and Rudy Gay are shooting the crap out of the ball off the bench.

Took note of Gay and Davis chumming it up last year. Gay is 34 and has made a mint in his career. He's going to chase coin first, but I could totally see him ring chase for a year if the offers aren't there.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 9:34 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:

Took note of Gay and Davis chumming it up last year. Gay is 34 and has made a mint in his career. He's going to chase coin first, but I could totally see him ring chase for a year if the offers aren't there.

It will be interesting to see what offers he gets. If he is willing to settle for the minimum, he can have his choice of any team in the league.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 9:40 pm    Post subject:

1) How do you routinely get 15+ assists in an NBA game today? Dude had 21 assists tonight without Bradley Beal. No Beal!

2) If you were dry humping Rondo and are now crapping on Westbrook, what are you doing with your basketball life?

3) Let a Southern California dude come home to compete for a title. Where's the heart?

That 40 mil+ salary is awe inspiring.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 10:02 pm    Post subject:

I do think the conversation around Westbrook has tilted too far into the absurd. Heโ€™s not going to lead anyone to a title and he has decision making/efficiency issues but the real problem is his contract. Anyone would be lucky to have him on their team in a defined role.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 2:49 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
I do think the conversation around Westbrook has tilted too far into the absurd. Heโ€™s not going to lead anyone to a title and he has decision making/efficiency issues but the real problem is his contract. Anyone would be lucky to have him on their team in a defined role.

I'd love to have him around just for his intensity. Say what you will about him, but I think you have to appreciate that.

The problem though I think with him in a defined role is not only getting him to accept that role instead of falling back on his natural instincts, but also that his lack of shooting is a spacing problem if he isn't handling the ball. His 31.5% shooting from three this season is his best in four years. And he shot under 30% in 5 of the previous 6 seasons. If he's handling the ball that's not as much of an issue, but he would only be able to do that in limited time with Lebron around. So he wouldn't be a great fit.

I do feel like the guy catches a lot of undeserved flack. Those OKC teams after Harden and Durant didn't have all that much talent. And in Houston he and Harden were a poor fit after Harden's game grew from their early days together.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 5:49 am    Post subject:

Rudy Gay is a Dream role player of mine. The one thing this particular team is in desperate need of, is a good wing player.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 6:20 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Rudy Gay is a Dream role player of mine. The one thing this particular team is in desperate need of, is a good wing player.

I thought we needed wing defense/length/agility, does Rudy Gay provide that any more?
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 6:26 am    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
I'd love to have him around just for his intensity. Say what you will about him, but I think you have to appreciate that.

No. He's a super-intense, self-absorbed knucklehead. He has made an artform out of generating empty stats. He has singlehandedly demystified the triple double. He won an MVP because he averaged a triple double, now he isn't even an all-star even though he managed to average a triple double again. This is because even relatively casual NBA fans have figured out that he isn't one of the top players in the league, despite all of the triple doubles. He broke the record in a loss, and the Wizards are the 10 seed in the East. I see the media trying to get people fired up about his record, and for the most part I see the NBA public sort of shrugging.

The metrics expose him. He ranks 15th among PGs this year in RPM, right behind Fox, Holiday, and Young, and right ahead of Walker and Brogdon. Even the box score stats like BPM and PER don't like him that much. He's got a TS% of .508. To put this in perspective, the league average is .572.

So he can be intense all he wants, but I wouldn't want him anywhere near the Lakers. Intensity is worthless for a knucklehead like Westbrook. Kobe was maniacally intense about winning. Westbrook is maniacally intense about generating stats.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 6:57 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
32 wrote:

Sucks for Brown but Boston was never really a threat this year. Not since Kemba joined that team.

Kyrie, Smart, Brown, Tatum, Horford, Marcus Morris and boat load of picks to this team, glad they didn't swing for AD
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 8:18 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
32 wrote:

Kyrie, Smart, Brown, Tatum, Horford, Marcus Morris and boat load of picks to this team, glad they didn't swing for AD

It's amazing how badly Ainge played the great hand he had; he couldn't translate Kyrie/Hayward/Horford into anything comparable to their value and the 27 picks he amassed are ALL spent/gone on names like Langford, Grant Williams, Pritchard, Nesmith, who may turn out to be nice players, but unlikely all-stars.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 8:34 am    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
governator wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
32 wrote:

It's amazing how badly Ainge played the great hand he had; he couldn't translate Kyrie/Hayward/Horford into anything comparable to their value and the 27 picks he amassed are ALL spent/gone on names like Langford, Grant Williams, Pritchard, Nesmith, who may turn out to be nice players, but unlikely all-stars.

Ainge is simply put not a very good GM.
He'll be forever remembered by winning that trade with the Nets, but he turned all that into (bleep).
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 8:50 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:

No. He's a super-intense, self-absorbed knucklehead. He has made an artform out of generating empty stats. He has singlehandedly demystified the triple double. He won an MVP because he averaged a triple double, now he isn't even an all-star even though he managed to average a triple double again. This is because even relatively casual NBA fans have figured out that he isn't one of the top players in the league, despite all of the triple doubles. He broke the record in a loss, and the Wizards are the 10 seed in the East. I see the media trying to get people fired up about his record, and for the most part I see the NBA public sort of shrugging.

The metrics expose him. He ranks 15th among PGs this year in RPM, right behind Fox, Holiday, and Young, and right ahead of Walker and Brogdon. Even the box score stats like BPM and PER don't like him that much. He's got a TS% of .508. To put this in perspective, the league average is .572.

So he can be intense all he wants, but I wouldn't want him anywhere near the Lakers. Intensity is worthless for a knucklehead like Westbrook. Kobe was maniacally intense about winning. Westbrook is maniacally intense about generating stats.

Good post right here. Can't believe he's less efficient than Trae Young.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 9:06 am    Post subject:

I wonder if Russ tells his teammates... if I pass you the ball you better shoot and not pass it to anyone else... so he doesn't get any hockey assist nonsense.

Obviously it's a crazy theory, but it would explain how such an inefficient player who never leads even super talented teams to victory could put up 15 assists per game.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5995, 5996, 5997 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 5996 of 8560
Jump to: