February 17th: Kobe. "we'll be all right."

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers In the News This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phil
Retired

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:06 am    Post subject: February 17th: Kobe. "we'll be all right."

Bryant's outlook doesn't change after latest slip-up

By KEVIN DING
The Orange County Register

LOS ANGELES – Before the Lakers played Atlanta on Wednesday, self-described optimist Kobe Bryant noted that some close games have slipped away this season. But he managed to maintain a long view.

Bryant called the progress he had seen "encouraging," and added, "We'll be all right."

Bryant was more than a little thrown after blowing a 15-point lead and allowing Atlanta to break its 23-game road losing streak against the Western Conference.

Bryant, who made a Lakers record 62 consecutive foul shots from Jan.11-22, missed six fourth-quarter free-throw attempts.

"I cannot really explain it," Bryant said.

Last edited by Phil on Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Phil
Retired

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:12 am    Post subject:

Mark Heisler:
The NBA
They Say No Dice to Convention

HOUSTON — Goodbye to all this. Thanks for the memories.

Welcome to the 2006 NBA All-Star game, showcasing the league's great artistry, skill, compassion, internationalism, commitment to cutting-edge technology, etc.

Or, as this one is known, "364 Days Until Vegas."

This will be the NBA's last conventional gala in a league city for a while. Next season's is in Las Vegas and the 2008 game is expected to go to New Orleans, which is still officially in the league but may not be by then.

With thoughts of foreign capitals dancing in Commissioner David Stern's head spawned by memories of the rock-star treatment accorded his players overseas, and with fewer league cities big enough to hold this event, which now requires 6,000 hotel rooms, and with fewer owners who want it, there's speculation it may begin traveling the country, or the world, like a circus.

League officials say such speculation is premature. Of course, if everyone has a good time on the Strip and in the French Quarter, it may be not be all that premature.

Russ Granik, the NBA's deputy commissioner, said it was "unlikely" that this would be the last conventional All-Star Game, noting that there "are discussions in place" out past 2008 with NBA owners who want to be hosts.

"But I don't want to suggest we wouldn't have unconventional ones, either, going forward," he added. "I think we'll see how these two go."
Phil
Retired

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:15 am    Post subject:

Whisper will not stop when it comes to Kobe
A love-hate relationship

By JONATHAN FEIGEN
Copyright 2006 Houston Chronicle

LOS ANGELES - Indifference seems to be the one reaction Kobe Bryant seems incapable of inspiring. Bryant, however, allows only two options: love and hate.

To Bryant, it's not just an advertising campaign, a shoe commercial shot entirely in black and white as if gray areas and a Crayola box worth of opinions no longer exist. To him, it is not just a script written by someone else that in the end is designed to sell sneakers for $130 a pop.

Bryant believes those words. He is proud of its message. "Love me or hate me, it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, my swagger. Hate my hunger. Hate that I'm a veteran, a champion. Hate that. Hate it with all your heart. And hate that I'm loved for the exact same reasons."
Phil
Retired

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject:

Lakers coach to receive honorary degree
Forum staff report, The Forum
Published Friday, February 17, 2006
· advertisement ·
VALLEY CITY, N.D. – The head coach of the Los Angeles Lakers will receive an honorary degree from the University of North Dakota.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers In the News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: