Who's the best center for this team?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:41 am    Post subject:

"Aged" LeBron is still a top 5 player in the NBA.

I don't like and I don't like his antics. But you are completely crazy if you don't want him on the Lakers.
LeBron's impact will exceed the basketball court. Including recruiting other players after he's retired.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:44 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

I posted it last season, Lebron has peaked and is in decline. Only his decline looks better than the average player since his peak was so much greater than the average player. He isn’t going to fall apart in the next couple of years but I wouldn’t be surprised if he is retired by 38-39.

Lebron is 33 and his next contract can only run through age 37. He could certainly play at an MVP or near-MVP level during that span. However, everyohe retired eventually, and I sure wouldn't plan my team's future around 36 or 37 year old player. Any team that signs Lebron would be thinking in terms of a 3-year window.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:11 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

I posted it last season, Lebron has peaked and is in decline. Only his decline looks better than the average player since his peak was so much greater than the average player. He isn’t going to fall apart in the next couple of years but I wouldn’t be surprised if he is retired by 38-39.

Lebron is 33 and his next contract can only run through age 37. He could certainly play at an MVP or near-MVP level during that span. However, everyohe retired eventually, and I sure wouldn't plan my team's future around 36 or 37 year old player. Any team that signs Lebron would be thinking in terms of a 3-year window.

He can sign a 5 year contract in Cleveland
DangeRuss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:47 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:

I don't like and I don't like his antics. But you are completely crazy if you don't want him on the Lakers.
LeBron's impact will exceed the basketball court. Including recruiting other players after he's retired.

Sure, he’s been “aged” lebron for the past couple seasons, the problem is going to be “old” lebron, age 35+. He would be 34 during his first season with us, there’s literally zero building with him, it’d be trade everything we can away to try to make use of lebrons final couple years of lebron as a top 10 player, meanwhile the rest of the nba catch up and surpassed him talent wise and we’re stuck grasping to the idea of lebron of yesteryear. I think people who want lebron aren’t really thinking it through rationally, they’re just in love with the idea of having lebron more than the reality of it. Any players aren’t going to be lining up to play with a 35 year old lebron, they’re going to go play with Giannis, kawhi, Simmons, harden etc. lebrons time has just about come and passed.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:50 pm    Post subject:

DangeRuss wrote:
danzag wrote:

Sure, he’s been “aged” lebron for the past couple seasons, the problem is going to be “old” lebron, age 35+. He would be 34 during his first season with us, there’s literally zero building with him, it’d be trade everything we can away to try to make use of lebrons final couple years of lebron as a top 10 player, meanwhile the rest of the nba catch up and surpassed him talent wise and we’re stuck grasping to the idea of lebron of yesteryear. I think people who want lebron aren’t really thinking it through rationally, they’re just in love with the idea of having lebron more than the reality of it. Any players aren’t going to be lining up to play with a 35 year old lebron, they’re going to go play with Giannis, kawhi, Simmons, harden etc. lebrons time has just about come and passed.

Year after year LeBron continues to play at a high level. He's never been injuried. His stats are as good as ever.
DangeRuss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:55 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
danzag wrote:

Year after year LeBron continues to play at a high level. He's never been injuried. His stats are as good as ever.

Watch him play rather than stat gazing. Dude is in the midst of an obvious decline despite his white hot start to the season. I think it’ll be more apparent than ever in the playoffs because he doesn’t have Kyrie to carry the offensive burden anymore.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:57 pm    Post subject:

DangeRuss wrote:
danzag wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
danzag wrote:

Watch him play rather than stat gazing. Dude is in the midst of an obvious decline despite his white hot start to the season. I think it’ll be more apparent than ever in the playoffs because he doesn’t have Kyrie to carry the offensive burden anymore.

He won't have to carry the burden on the Lakers.
DangeRuss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:59 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
danzag wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
danzag wrote:

He won't have to carry the burden on the Lakers.

With a max guy I’d rather go after a player who can carry a huge burden if need be instead of one who were trying to hope won’t have to in order to preserve him, or worry about him exerting himself too much in the regular season.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:07 pm    Post subject:

DangeRuss wrote:
danzag wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
danzag wrote:

LeBron is skilled enough where he could adapt his game to become a Magic Johnson type player and play below the rim and be extremely effective as a playmaker/spot up shooter all season... and only jump in the playoffs.

That's what I'd advise him to do if he wants to prolong his career.
DangeRuss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:18 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
danzag wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
danzag wrote:

LeBron is skilled enough where he could adapt his game to become a Magic Johnson type player and play below the rim and be extremely effective as a playmaker/spot up shooter all season... and only jump in the playoffs.

Spot up shooter? Lebron, Ehh? Anywho, I’d advise him similar to utilize his IQ to prolong his career as well, just not on the lakers. Some other team can worry about his minutes, catering to him laboring through the regular season and the constant worry of his preservation for the post season and trying to prolong his career. I want a player who can be in his prime and lead our young kids through a whole season without having to worry about that stuff, not to mention the juggling of his ego.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:22 pm    Post subject:

DangeRuss wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
danzag wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
danzag wrote:

Spot up shooter? Lebron, Ehh? Anywho, I’d advise him similar to utilize his IQ to prolong his career as well, just not on the lakers. Some other team can worry about his minutes, catering to him laboring through the regular season and the constant worry of his preservation for the post season and trying to prolong his career. I want a player who can be in his prime and lead our young kids through a whole season without having to worry about that stuff, not to mention the juggling of his ego.

I've said all along that I don't really want him if he and his crew are controlling the team. We already lived through that with Kobe. But if he's willing to be reasonable on that point... we'd be crazy not to consider it.
Ujah's Goat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:51 pm    Post subject:

"We don't need LeBron - we have Julius!"

Only Lakers fans smh
Ujah's Goat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:53 pm    Post subject:

If he can stay healthy Nerlens Noel would be a good addition. Focus all his energies on D and setting hard screens on O for our wings and forwards to operate in space.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:54 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
danzag wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
danzag wrote:

I've said all along that I don't really want him if he and his crew are controlling the team. We already lived through that with Kobe. But if he's willing to be reasonable on that point... we'd be crazy not to consider it.

We'd be crazy not consider it even with accepting those concerns as reality. I'm kind of shocked people still don't understand how bad this team is. If he wants to displace the coach, go right ahead. Talent is more important than an average NBA coach.

Last edited by greenfrog on Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:55 pm    Post subject:

Ujah's Goat wrote:

Only Lakers fans smh

Yeah. It's ridiculous.
DangeRuss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:46 pm    Post subject:

Ujah's Goat wrote:

Only Lakers fans smh

You shun that notion now, but I guarantee Julius will be a higher impact player than lebron within 3 seasons. When lebron is a shell of himself, retired, or injured within 3 seasons and Julius is balling out, I hope you think back to remember this post.
DangeRuss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:47 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Ujah's Goat wrote:

Only Lakers fans smh

Yeah. It's ridiculous.

I think the same, but about you guys
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:48 pm    Post subject:

ericp6387 wrote:
Our Center will be DAndre Jordan next year. He will be signed along with Lebron to a max deal. Now trade Randle and Clarkson for a few 1st rd picks and expirings.

No thanks.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:50 pm    Post subject:

MIMLaker wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
2019 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
LeBron.

+1

LeBron Kuzma Ingram George Lonzo

+2. I have always felt Lebron should be the 5 late in his career, especially in today's game.

Yup. You need your centers to play like wings. That's why LeBron and Durant were playing 5 during the Finals. Off the chart offensive ratings for both teams.

So Jules at center?

That's why I want to keep him. Switchable defense. Improved FG% when he takes "5-like" shots, like roll man in PnR. But most ideal is still LeBron. Grab and go. Decision-making. Passing. 3pt. range. Ability to pull the best swatter out of the painted area.

+3. Agreed. Riles once said he had a dream of playing all 6-9 guys across the board, as they theoretically would have the length to switch and guard anybody. If Ingram can develop his 3-pt shot, we could come really close with a Ball/ Ingram/ Kuzma/ Nance/ Randle lineup.

But if, if, IF!!! by some miracle on the level of loaves and fishes and LBJ comes here, then oh my stars and garters... Whether adding LBJ to the aforementioned lineup in place of Randle, or putting him at point center in place of Ball?

Yeesh.

Ball, Hart, Ingram, LeBron, Randle. Hart doesn't have the height, but he's switchable on D. If push comes to shove, then:

LeBron/Ball/Ingram/Kuzma/Randle

Things get weird and awesome, and that's just 1 signing.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:54 pm    Post subject:

DangeRuss wrote:
danzag wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
danzag wrote:

Seems like Lebron coasts a bit through the regular season and turns it on in the playoffs.

Not sure why you think Kyrie carried the offensive burden. Last year in the playoffs, Lebron averaged 33-8-9 on 57-41-70 shooting while Kyrie averaged 26-3-5 on 47-37-90 shooting.

Kyrie is a very good player who has hit big shots for them but Lebron has always been the engine of the team.

DangeRuss wrote:

Sure, he’s been “aged” lebron for the past couple seasons, the problem is going to be “old” lebron, age 35+. He would be 34 during his first season with us, there’s literally zero building with him, it’d be trade everything we can away to try to make use of lebrons final couple years of lebron as a top 10 player, meanwhile the rest of the nba catch up and surpassed him talent wise and we’re stuck grasping to the idea of lebron of yesteryear. .

Sure, if you sign Lebron that means you can't really expect anything beyond three years.

Does that mean they'd trade all the young guys? Who knows? And, frankly, it's anyone's guess if the young guys will ever amount to anything, and if trading them would really be a big negative in the long run.

Personally, I am not a huge fan of getting Lebron because it's a short window. But I also accept that if Magic has a chance to get him, he probably will, so there's no point in getting worked up about it.

Last edited by activeverb on Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:55 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
danzag wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
danzag wrote:

We'd be crazy not consider it even with accepting those concerns as reality. I'm kind of shocked people still don't understand how bad this team is. If he wants to displace the coach, go right ahead. Talent is more important than an average NBA coach.

I think respecting him and listening to his suggestions is fine... but gutting the team when he has maybe 3 to 4 good years left... no.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:58 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
activeverb wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Sure. I was talking about if he left for another team.
Ujah's Goat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:05 pm    Post subject:

DangeRuss wrote:
Ujah's Goat wrote:

Only Lakers fans smh

You shun that notion now, but I guarantee Julius will be a higher impact player than lebron within 3 seasons. When lebron is a shell of himself, retired, or injured within 3 seasons and Julius is balling out, I hope you think back to remember this post.

Dude who's talking about 3 seasons? In case you missed it, here's the OP:

Quote:
It doesn't have to be long term but who would be the best one to start next season with? Who's likely to help this team without a Lebron or Paul George to get to the playoffs?

If you want to, you can author a new thread titled "Why I think Julius Randle will be balling out for us at C within 3 seasons." But for the purposes of this thread, your thoughts about JR being better than LeBron kinda has no weight.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:41 pm    Post subject:

Ujah's Goat wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
Ujah's Goat wrote:

Only Lakers fans smh

Dude who's talking about 3 seasons? In case you missed it, here's the OP:

Quote:
It doesn't have to be long term but who would be the best one to start next season with? Who's likely to help this team without a Lebron or Paul George to get to the playoffs?

If you want to, you can author a new thread titled "Why I think Julius Randle will be balling out for us at C within 3 seasons." But for the purposes of this thread, your thoughts about JR being better than LeBron kinda has no weight.

Beyond that, in 3 years Lebron will be 36. While that's an advanced age for NBA players, Malone won an MVP at that age and Wilt was still setting NBA records at that age.

The assumption that Lebron will be "a shell of himself, retired, or injured" is more a reflection that DangeRuss simply doesn't like him much.

Also, I consider Randle a much bigger question mark than he does. I don't see Randle as a guy who is necessarily destine to make all-star teams. He might max out as simply a solid NBA starter.
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:41 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
activeverb wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

LeBron wants to control his destiny, i bet he only signs a 1+1 player option or 2 +1 at most.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: