Who's the best center for this team?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:46 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
Shot Blocker who can switch and run. Is he out there?

DJ? Dedmon?
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:52 pm    Post subject:

And can finish lobs.

The worst would be a predominantly post player.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:02 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
And can finish lobs.

The worst would be a predominantly post player.

Too bad Noel comes back after the trade deadline
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:10 pm    Post subject:

If he was any younger, DJ. At this point I'd pass on him.

I'd say Anthony Davis in an optimum/pipe dream scenario.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:23 pm    Post subject:

julius randle, 4 years 15m per year
ericp6387
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:41 am    Post subject:

Our Center will be DAndre Jordan next year. He will be signed along with Lebron to a max deal. Now trade Randle and Clarkson for a few 1st rd picks and expirings.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:12 am    Post subject:

IMO the 2 most likeliest centers on the Lakers next year will be:

1. Brook: back on room exception, we have LBJ+PG13.

or

2. Dedmon: we missed on max FAs, he gets a nice 1+1 deal.
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:40 am    Post subject:

Sad to say, but the days of the Lakers having a truly dominant big maybe over. We'll have to settle for a hybrid at this point. Cousins would have been nice, but he's a Big who tore his Achilles and no telling how that will turn out.
DeAndre would be a good pickup, but if we're talking about at the possible trade deadline.

I would have to say... Noel, simply because he can play defense run the floor and doesn't need any plays called for him. He'd be a perfect compliment piece if paired with a George or LeBron. (Can't believe I just typed that)
Wilkes52
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:56 am    Post subject:

Who knows !

I can't really discern what type or quality of team stands at the core of Ingram, Ball, Kuzma just yet. Looking at center in isolation means either trying to redefine the team's direction with a stud center at or near the max (ugh) or something else. I'm partial to going the mini-center by committee route for next season.

Keep Randle and Nance. Go out and acquire Jordan Bell on the cheap and keep a big lug or two around of moderate abilities and low prices just for the traditional match-up night. Poeltl and/or Zubac, yeah, see where that goes when a real scoring guard of decent size and defensive chops can be picked up or emerges in the form of Ingram. Gut feel only. One step at a time.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:38 am    Post subject:

Mo Bamaba would look great in Purple and Gold!
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:47 am    Post subject:

Dedmon via free agency.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:55 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
You aren't worried about Jokic's defensive liability-ness?

He's a crafty, Zaza Pachulia-esque team and position defender even though he'll never be a real rim protector. His offensive fit is so perfect, though, that I think he and Lonzo together could be a game changer.
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:56 am    Post subject:

Anyone have more info on Dedmon and his market? I've heard his name a couple times but have absolutely no idea who he is.

I'd rather not have Jordan. Noel for cheap would be alright.
MIMLaker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:57 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
2019 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
LeBron.

+1

LeBron Kuzma Ingram George Lonzo

+2. I have always felt Lebron should be the 5 late in his career, especially in today's game.

Yup. You need your centers to play like wings. That's why LeBron and Durant were playing 5 during the Finals. Off the chart offensive ratings for both teams.

So Jules at center?

That's why I want to keep him. Switchable defense. Improved FG% when he takes "5-like" shots, like roll man in PnR. But most ideal is still LeBron. Grab and go. Decision-making. Passing. 3pt. range. Ability to pull the best swatter out of the painted area.

+3. Agreed. Riles once said he had a dream of playing all 6-9 guys across the board, as they theoretically would have the length to switch and guard anybody. If Ingram can develop his 3-pt shot, we could come really close with a Ball/ Ingram/ Kuzma/ Nance/ Randle lineup.

But if, if, IF!!! by some miracle on the level of loaves and fishes and LBJ comes here, then oh my stars and garters... Whether adding LBJ to the aforementioned lineup in place of Randle, or putting him at point center in place of Ball?

Yeesh.
daytripper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:07 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
IMO the 2 most likeliest centers on the Lakers next year will be:

1. Brook: back on room exception, we have LBJ+PG13.

or

2. Dedmon: we missed on max FAs, he gets a nice 1+1 deal.

I might pass on both unless they can get Dedmon on a really good contract.

Right now Brook doesn't even play 4th quarters and don't see him as a fit at all. Really don't want him back and tbh his body language doesn't tell me he is happy here anyway.

In a perfect world maybe the Lakers are able to acquire a late 1st round pick and find a Jordan Bell type gem? Obviously Jules can also play the 5 but it would be nice to add that athletic shot blocker to the mix too.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:09 am    Post subject:

I like Clint Capella and Rudy Gobert
DangeRuss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:14 am    Post subject:

MIMLaker wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
2019 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
LeBron.

+1

+2. I have always felt Lebron should be the 5 late in his career, especially in today's game.

Yup. You need your centers to play like wings. That's why LeBron and Durant were playing 5 during the Finals. Off the chart offensive ratings for both teams.

So Jules at center?

That's why I want to keep him. Switchable defense. Improved FG% when he takes "5-like" shots, like roll man in PnR. But most ideal is still LeBron. Grab and go. Decision-making. Passing. 3pt. range. Ability to pull the best swatter out of the painted area.

+3. Agreed. Riles once said he had a dream of playing all 6-9 guys across the board, as they theoretically would have the length to switch and guard anybody. If Ingram can develop his 3-pt shot, we could come really close with a Ball/ Ingram/ Kuzma/ Nance/ Randle lineup.

But if, if, IF!!! by some miracle on the level of loaves and fishes and LBJ comes here, then oh my stars and garters... Whether adding LBJ to the aforementioned lineup in place of Randle, or putting him at point center in place of Ball?

Yeesh.

I feel like Randle will be better than lebron within the next 3 seasons.
daytripper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:26 am    Post subject:

DangeRuss wrote:
MIMLaker wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
2019 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
LeBron.

+1

So Jules at center?

Yeesh.

I don't know about that but will say LeBron started off this season looking like a possible MVP but has just looked tired out there since Christmas. He's looking his age tbh. His indifference and turnovers are killing the Cavs in recent games too. Lee Jenkins too saying LeBron would probably only leave Cle for a "sure thing." Hate to say it but even if Maginka adds PG we are still not close to a sure thing esp with the Warriors in the division sorry to say. My gut tells me the Cousins injury may have been the nail in the coffin as far as LeBron coming to the Lakers this summer.

It's no reason to sign JAG's to big contracts though. Even if they have to kick the can down the road a season and develop the young kids that is a better option than anymore horrible FA contracts.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:01 am    Post subject:

ericp6387 wrote:
Our Center will be DAndre Jordan next year. He will be signed along with Lebron to a max deal. Now trade Randle and Clarkson for a few 1st rd picks and expirings.
and that wont get us much. we will still get ran thru by the warriors. DJ will get hacked like usual when the game is tight.

They will crowd the paint and dare bron to chuck since there is no fear of DJ doing anything without a pick and roll scenario or put back after a board.

i dont want DJ unless we have a nice backup or some starting PF that can slide to C when things get tight while still making their fts and can hit an open jumper and has a hint of a post game.
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:06 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
I like Clint Capella and Rudy Gobert

Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:11 am    Post subject:

daytripper wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
MIMLaker wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
2019 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
LeBron.

+1

So Jules at center?

Yeesh.

I don't know about that but will say LeBron started off this season looking like a possible MVP but has just looked tired out there since Christmas. He's looking his age tbh. His indifference and turnovers are killing the Cavs in recent games too. Lee Jenkins too saying LeBron would probably only leave Cle for a "sure thing." Hate to say it but even if Maginka adds PG we are still not close to a sure thing esp with the Warriors in the division sorry to say. My gut tells me the Cousins injury may have been the nail in the coffin as far as LeBron coming to the Lakers this summer.

It's no reason to sign JAG's to big contracts though. Even if they have to kick the can down the road a season and develop the young kids that is a better option than anymore horrible FA contracts.

At the very least Lebron wouldn't want to be playing against Randle in three years. Yeesh prime Randle is going to be a physical beast.

So Lebron goes to Houston? Seems like they're the closest thing to a sure thing besides the Warriors of course.

Celtics? I don't think Philly should be counted anywhere close to a sure thing.

I'm higher on this team than others, add Lebron and George to this team that gives us as much of a chance as anyone else. Especially if we keep Randle.

It'd take them awhile to find their stride, but they match up so strongly with every other team. Defensively they would be unreal. Lonzo, George, Ingram, Lebron, Randle? Geez. With Hart, Kuz and a solid vet on the exception off the bench? Caruso too.

If not next year, the year after that team would be firing. Lebron would be able to coast until playoffs.

Erg.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:40 am    Post subject:

daytripper wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
MIMLaker wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
2019 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
LeBron.

+1

So Jules at center?

Yeesh.

I posted it last season, Lebron has peaked and is in decline. Only his decline looks better than the average player since his peak was so much greater than the average player. He isn’t going to fall apart in the next couple of years but I wouldn’t be surprised if he is retired by 38-39.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:46 am    Post subject:

Agree with VLF that LeBron has peaked. No way you can continue at this level forever with the amount of minutes he has played. He will continue to get worse as time goes on. He is still very good obviously but will not be able to play the same number of minutes he has been going forward.
Wilkes52
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:22 am    Post subject:

I've little interest in seeing the Lakers obtain LeBron, but it's not because his decline is even evidenced this season. The man's been essentially indestructible and MVP-like, continually. My objection is price and opportunity costs.

There's no long-term building around the guy; he won't stay (and hasn't anywhere for long except for home state). Here, he'd displace opportunities for growth in play-making from Lonzo, Ingram and Kuzma. Altogether, the club's direction can be better served by trying to obtain an alternate source scoring and defensive talent to LBJ.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:39 am    Post subject:

Holy sh*t, LeBron is aging but his TS% is the highest it's been in five years... his assists are 8.7 (highest in his career) and his rebounds and steals are higher than Randle.

I don't like LeBron's attitude and I'm worried that his controlling nature will disrupt the team like Kobe... and I've liked Randle this season but saying LeBron will fall off the cliff like that is a little premature.

If we have control over players I'd take LeBron in a heartbeat... but if he's running the team then I'd say no thank you. Julius is good and will improve to a point... but he's not going become an elite playmaker and triple his steals.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: