Television: New Shows, new seasons, new characters, etc.
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 108, 109, 110  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:46 am    Post subject: Television: New Shows, new seasons, new characters, etc.

Did not want to clog up the board with a thread each time I wanted to mention or discuss a show that is not well known and/or uber popular like Game of Thrones or Better Call Saul which need their own threads.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has anyone else got the chance to watch "What We Do in the Shadows" on FX. It is a 30 minute comedy that is a spinoff of the 2014 film of the same name. It is a mockumentary of 4 vampires and one of their servants who live together in Staten Island.

I am finding it hilarious, but it will likely not be for everyone. It airs on Wednesday nights on FX.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:00 am    Post subject:

I have seen the movie but no the show yet. I've been meaning to check it out. Glad to hear good things.

One show I love that I don't think many have seen is Halt and Catch Fire (all 4 seasons are on Netflix). It is one of the best 5 shows I've seen. Lee Pace and Scoot McNairy are phenomenal.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:34 am    Post subject:

Just started the newest season of Bosch, on Amazon Prime video. I've really enjoyed each season thus far, so hopefully this season holds up to that standard.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:40 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
One show I love that I don't think many have seen is Halt and Catch Fire (all 4 seasons are on Netflix). It is one of the best 5 shows I've seen. Lee Pace and Scoot McNairy are phenomenal.

It clearly never received close to the recognition it deserved.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Television: New Shows, new seasons, new characters, etc.

adkindo wrote:
Did not want to clog up the board with a thread each time I wanted to mention or discuss a show that is not well known and/or uber popular like Game of Thrones or Better Call Saul which need their own threads.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has anyone else got the chance to watch "What We Do in the Shadows" on FX. It is a 30 minute comedy that is a spinoff of the 2014 film of the same name. It is a mockumentary of 4 vampires and one of their servants who live together in Staten Island.

I am finding it hilarious, but it will likely not be for everyone. It airs on Wednesday nights on FX.

It's definitely on my "to watch list", which is unfortunately longer than I'd like it to be.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Television: New Shows, new seasons, new characters, etc.

DaMuleRules wrote:
adkindo wrote:

It's definitely on my "to watch list", which is unfortunately longeqr than I'd like it to be.

Hiatus in one week. Can actually start addressing my various lists.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Television: New Shows, new seasons, new characters, etc.

ocho wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
adkindo wrote:

It's definitely on my "to watch list", which is unfortunately longeqr than I'd like it to be.

Me too! My last playback is next Friday! Then 3 1/2 months of "me time"!
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:20 pm    Post subject:

Billions and The Chi
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Television: New Shows, new seasons, new characters, etc.

DaMuleRules wrote:
ocho wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Me too! My last playback is next Friday! Then 3 1/2 months of "me time"!

Nice! I'll probably have two months before we start up again.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:27 pm    Post subject:

I haven't watched last night's episode but I am watching as the movie was really funny. I'd say the TV show has been up and down. The three main vampires are nearly as funny as the vampires in the movie but I don't get why this Colin character exists on the show. I don't find him funny at all.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:23 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
I haven't watched last night's episode but I am watching as the movie was really funny. I'd say the TV show has been up and down. The three main vampires are nearly as funny as the vampires in the movie but I don't get why this Colin character exists on the show. I don't find him funny at all.

really? The energy vampire!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:33 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
I have seen the movie but no the show yet. I've been meaning to check it out. Glad to hear good things.

I loved that show. I watch a lot of nerdy shows, the Curse of Oak Island on the History Channel being my favorite.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:40 pm    Post subject:

The battle with the werewolves was funny.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:42 pm    Post subject:

My issue is I need to accept sunk costs once show takes a turn for the worst and drop them. I continue to watch shows whose best days are behind them for some reason.....I guess I feel invested.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:39 pm    Post subject:

Has anyone checked out "Warrior" on Cinemax?

It's from the same producer as "Banshee", Justin Lin and Bruce Lee's daughter Shannon. It's supposedly based on Lee's original idea for a TV show which WB retooled into what became "Kung Fu" with David Carradine without giving creative credit to Lee. Instead of being based in the Old West, Warrior is based in late 19th Century San Francisco.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:09 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I watch a lot of nerdy shows, the Curse of Oak Island on the History Channel being my favorite.

dude. I've seen every episode of every season, I was bummed there was no new show this week...!

We're gonna find that Templar gold...!
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:16 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:

I really liked Halt and Catch Fire as well. It really grew on me.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:20 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
My issue is I need to accept sunk costs once show takes a turn for the worst and drop them. I continue to watch shows whose best days are behind them for some reason.....I guess I feel invested.

What usually happens to me is I watch a season or two of a show and then I take a break (or a forced break if there's not a new season yet) and then see what my interest is in watching again if I don't have that "I gotta watch some more 'so-and-so'" feeling I figure I wasn't into it enough to keep watching.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:22 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
I watch a lot of nerdy shows, the Curse of Oak Island on the History Channel being my favorite.

dude. I've seen every episode of every season, I was bummed there was no new show this week...!

We're gonna find that Templar gold...!

The show is really hilarious. Each new thing they find is breathlessly described as some possibly important clue. And then you have the British guy with his metal detector squealing like an 11 year old school girl at a Justin Beiber concert when he finds a button. The History Channel narration is epic. I think it's the same guy that does the Ancient Aliens series. That said I breathlessly wait for another show.

Did I use "breathlessly" twice in the same paragraph? 5555 I did
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:40 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:

It's from the same producer as "Banshee", Justin Lin and Bruce Lee's daughter Shannon. It's supposedly based on Lee's original idea for a TV show which WB retooled into what became "Kung Fu" with David Carradine without giving creative credit to Lee. Instead of being based in the Old West, Warrior is based in late 19th Century San Francisco.

I have not, but I will try.....I was a big fan of Banshee. Speaking of Cinemax, has anyone continued watching Strike Back when it returned with new characters? I have, but it is probably one of those shows I should have walked away from already.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:48 am    Post subject:

A show I rarely ever heard mentioned anywhere that I enjoyed was Hap and Leonard on the Sundance Channel. Unfortunately, it was cancelled after this most recent season (Season 3). It starred Michael Kenneth Williams and James Purefoy as two best friends in the early 1980's South....kind of good intentions would always lead them into trouble. Each season was only 6 Episodes.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:57 am    Post subject:

Another one of my favorites which was just renewed for Season 4 is StartUp which airs on Crackle. It has Adam Brody, Edi Gathegi, Otmara Marrero and Ron Perlman in it......Edi Gathegi's character "Ronald Dacey" makes the show for me. It is basically these 3 people (Brody, Gathegi, Marrero) then later the 4th (Pearlman) unconventionally come together and are trying to start a tech venture in South Florida. I would expect Season 4 out in the Fall of 2019.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:59 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

I have not, but I will try.....I was a big fan of Banshee. Speaking of Cinemax, has anyone continued watching Strike Back when it returned with new characters? I have, but it is probably one of those shows I should have walked away from already.

I gave up on Strike Back somewhere around season 2 or 3. I was also a big fan of Banshee and watched it from beginning to end. Warrior has the same feel to it but with martial arts instead of guns. Hoon Lee, who played Job in Banshee, is also part of the Warriors cast. Job was such a great character but his character in Warrior might be even better.

I loved the "Kung-Fu" series from the 70s and still do but I could never picture Bruce Lee in that role. Warrior seems tailor made to fit Lee's personality and fighting style. The fight choreography has been impressive and doesn't rely on using of Wire-Fu stunts like Into the Badlands.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:19 pm    Post subject:

Did anyone watch the new series on HBO, Gentleman Jack? I caught the first episode, and have not really formed an opinion....but have seen little to no promotional media related to it.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:22 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Did anyone watch the new series on HBO, Gentleman Jack? I caught the first episode, and have not really formed an opinion....but have seen little to no promotional media related to it.

It's next on my list after watching the latest episode of Barry.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 108, 109, 110  Next
Page 1 of 110
Jump to: