The Film Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 106, 107, 108, 109, 110  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 88446
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:15 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
While we’re on the topic of war films, what are some good/the best Vietnam war films? I’ve seen Apocalypse Now (final cut) and Da 5 Bloods. What other ones are must watch? And should I watch a different cut of AN?

Regarding 1917, I really like it and it’s one that I’m sure I’ll rewatch plenty because it *looks* great and is an enjoyable watch. But I understand a war movie— especially a WW1 movie— probably shouldn’t be “enjoyable”.


The Deer Hunter
Platoon
Full Metal Jacket
We Were Soldiers
Hamburger Hill
Good Morning Vietnam
Born On The Fourth Of July
Casualties Of War
Heaven And Earth

In no particular order. Although the first three are probably the best.
_________________
“We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.” ― Elie Wiesel
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 May 2005
Posts: 48079

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:33 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
And should I watch a different cut of AN?


I watched the Redux and really enjoyed it, although I understand why they cut what they did. I would only recommend it to someone who is a fan of the theatrical cut and wants to take the scenic route.
_________________
14-5-3-12
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 88446
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:15 pm    Post subject:

It’s fun to watch all the cuts and see what’s differences and what it does or does not add to the story.
_________________
“We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.” ― Elie Wiesel
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 48345
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:15 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:
And should I watch a different cut of AN?


I watched the Redux and really enjoyed it, although I understand why they cut what they did. I would only recommend it to someone who is a fan of the theatrical cut and wants to take the scenic route.


Yeah, but the whole French colonists on the plantation storyline was exquisite.
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 48345
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:20 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
In no particular order top 10 Westerns:

1) Once Upon A Time In The West
2) Shane
3)Rio Bravo
4) The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance
5)The Good The Bad and the Ugly
6) True Grit 1969 (Remake 2010 should be deleted. It was the worst remake I've ever seen.)
7) The Magnificent Seven
8) Blazing Saddles
9) The Shootist
10) Buck and the Preacher


The bolded is ridiculous, but the fact that you don't have Unforgiven on your list is a sinful failure that negates all credibility.
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now


Last edited by DaMuleRules on Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 May 2005
Posts: 48079

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:17 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:
And should I watch a different cut of AN?


I watched the Redux and really enjoyed it, although I understand why they cut what they did. I would only recommend it to someone who is a fan of the theatrical cut and wants to take the scenic route.


Yeah, but the whole French colonists on the plantation storyline was exquisite.


Yeah I love it too.
_________________
14-5-3-12
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 88446
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:38 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
In no particular order top 10 Westerns:

1) Once Upon A Time In The West
2) Shane
3)Rio Bravo
4) The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance
5)The Good The Bad and the Ugly
6) True Grit 1969 (Remake 2010 should be deleted. It was the worst remake I've ever seen.)
7) The Magnificent Seven
8) Blazing Saddles
9) The Shootist
10) Buck and the Preacher


The bolded is ridiculous, but the fact that you don't have The Unforgiven on your list is a sinful failure that negates all credibility.


I have a hard time finding an argument that Unforgiven isn’t number one on the list.
_________________
“We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.” ― Elie Wiesel
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 48345
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:23 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
In no particular order top 10 Westerns:

1) Once Upon A Time In The West
2) Shane
3)Rio Bravo
4) The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance
5)The Good The Bad and the Ugly
6) True Grit 1969 (Remake 2010 should be deleted. It was the worst remake I've ever seen.)
7) The Magnificent Seven
8) Blazing Saddles
9) The Shootist
10) Buck and the Preacher


The bolded is ridiculous, but the fact that you don't have The Unforgiven on your list is a sinful failure that negates all credibility.


I have a hard time finding an argument that Unforgiven isn’t number one on the list.


Even better than The Unforgiven.
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 31 Dec 2008
Posts: 10762
Location: LA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:58 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
While we’re on the topic of war films, what are some good/the best Vietnam war films? I’ve seen Apocalypse Now (final cut) and Da 5 Bloods. What other ones are must watch? And should I watch a different cut of AN?

Regarding 1917, I really like it and it’s one that I’m sure I’ll rewatch plenty because it *looks* great and is an enjoyable watch. But I understand a war movie— especially a WW1 movie— probably shouldn’t be “enjoyable”.


The Deer Hunter
Platoon
Full Metal Jacket
We Were Soldiers
Hamburger Hill
Good Morning Vietnam
Born On The Fourth Of July
Casualties Of War
Heaven And Earth

In no particular order. Although the first three are probably the best.


Thanks Omar, saving this list for future reference. I think Platoon is on Netflix so will definitely be checking that out very soon.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 15 Sep 2012
Posts: 25780
Location: La La Land

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:15 pm    Post subject:

panamaniac wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
If 1917 is a top five war film to you, there are some great movies you're missing out on.

Like, Trial on the Road is one of the five greatest war films ever made. Have you seen it?


Had some free time on my hands last night before crashing, and decided to give this a watch. I thoroughly enjoyed it man, thanks for the rec.


Ya, it actually was pretty good. Next up on my old-ass movie list is The Killing by Kubrick. Vulture says it's the greatest heist movie of all time.
_________________
“No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.” - Heraclitus
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
panamaniac
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 May 2011
Posts: 9895
Location: PTY

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:40 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
panamaniac wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
If 1917 is a top five war film to you, there are some great movies you're missing out on.

Like, Trial on the Road is one of the five greatest war films ever made. Have you seen it?


Had some free time on my hands last night before crashing, and decided to give this a watch. I thoroughly enjoyed it man, thanks for the rec.


Ya, it actually was pretty good. Next up on my old-ass movie list is The Killing by Kubrick. Vulture says it's the greatest heist movie of all time.


Oh yeah that one’s in B&W, I like it a lot. Paths of Glory is also outstanding and shouldn’t be missed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 55829
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is consider a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:20 pm    Post subject:

Good cop movie. 21 Bridges.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 31 Dec 2008
Posts: 10762
Location: LA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:16 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Good cop movie. 21 Bridges.


That’s on my list. Finally able to work my way through the recent Boseman movies...every time I watch something with him (like my recent rewatch of Da 5 Bloods) it just makes me sad that he’s gone.
Message from the King on Netflix was a good revenge movie— he’s plays a man from South Africa that comes to LA looking for his missing sister.

21 Bridges and Ma Rainey are next
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 55829
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is consider a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:10 am    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Good cop movie. 21 Bridges.


That’s on my list. Finally able to work my way through the recent Boseman movies...every time I watch something with him (like my recent rewatch of Da 5 Bloods) it just makes me sad that he’s gone.
Message from the King on Netflix was a good revenge movie— he’s plays a man from South Africa that comes to LA looking for his missing sister.

21 Bridges and Ma Rainey are next

I saw Da 5 Bloods. Delroy Lindo is one of my favorite actors. Played Bo Catlett in Get Shorty, another one of my favorite movies.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Nov 2007
Posts: 19843

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:18 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
While we’re on the topic of war films, what are some good/the best Vietnam war films? I’ve seen Apocalypse Now (final cut) and Da 5 Bloods. What other ones are must watch? And should I watch a different cut of AN?

Regarding 1917, I really like it and it’s one that I’m sure I’ll rewatch plenty because it *looks* great and is an enjoyable watch. But I understand a war movie— especially a WW1 movie— probably shouldn’t be “enjoyable”.


The Deer Hunter
Platoon
Full Metal Jacket
We Were Soldiers
Hamburger Hill
Good Morning Vietnam
Born On The Fourth Of July
Casualties Of War
Heaven And Earth

In no particular order. Although the first three are probably the best.


First 30 mins of Born On The 4th are idyllic. I'm not a fan of Oliver Stone's conspiracy theories re: JFK (they're BS), but everything up to the wet prom dance w/ Moon River playing is iconic. I like The Deer Hunter, but I think it's longwinded. That could be a positive or a negative. Some of the hijinx scenes among the friends are overdone imo. It was John Cazale's final movie and he was dying of lung cancer at the time. Everyone tends to recall the Russian roulette scene and nothing else. Far as that scene goes, it was brilliantly realistic and tense even tho you knew you were looking at Chris Walken and De Niro. MAO! (slap) I recently saw Platoon in its entirety for the first time in awhile and I never thought it held up to FMJ. Just personal preference. I think Platoon was lucky that it came before FMJ tho, or the field would've been a little muddier. Berenger and Dafoe and other characters were great. The industry at the time was still trying to determine whether Charlie was a good actor. Therefore, it sucks to see Depp in a minor bit role.

Not that I would expect the Academy tightwads to give a movie like Full Metal Jacket accolades, but. Problem with that movie is that no one seems to like the 2nd half. I think it's integral in making it an anti-war film with gray areas and commentaries on morality here and there. It was if nothing else an interesting take on Vietnam beside the fact that it didn't look like Nam (filmed in UK under UK skies). R. Lee Ermey was so brill that he should've been heavily considered for an Oscar imo. The "well-disciplined VC" tailgunner was supposed to have that role, but R. Lee convinced Kubrick otherwise.

I'd put Schindler in that group. And Private Ryan. I realize that film buffs don't like to cite Spielberg, but there are sections of Schindler that are beautifully presented down to every movement and gesture (the beginning 30 mins, etc). Same as with Ermey, Finnes' Goeth was probably or at least arguably the most finely acted character in the movie, but he didn't stand
a chance in being credited because he portrayed Amon Goeth. Ryan's first half hour was great, but again, many critics won't go beyond that part. They say the bridge scene is contrived tho there were instances in WWII that weren't that too far off. Spielberg really brought the way war flicks are filmed/viewed from 1st person into vogue tho. The look of the 1st person scenes in Ryan were groundbreaking at the time. That said, he could've made it tighter. The "fubar" crashed plane scene where the guy talks to Hanks about the plane crash he lived thru wasn't terribly necessary, e.g.
_________________
GOAT MAGIC REEL
SEDALE TRIBUTE
EDDIE DONX!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 18068

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:02 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
While we’re on the topic of war films, what are some good/the best Vietnam war films? I’ve seen Apocalypse Now (final cut) and Da 5 Bloods. What other ones are must watch? And should I watch a different cut of AN?

Regarding 1917, I really like it and it’s one that I’m sure I’ll rewatch plenty because it *looks* great and is an enjoyable watch. But I understand a war movie— especially a WW1 movie— probably shouldn’t be “enjoyable”.


The Deer Hunter
Platoon
Full Metal Jacket
We Were Soldiers
Hamburger Hill
Good Morning Vietnam
Born On The Fourth Of July
Casualties Of War
Heaven And Earth

In no particular order. Although the first three are probably the best.


First 30 mins of Born On The 4th are idyllic. I'm not a fan of Oliver Stone's conspiracy theories re: JFK (they're BS), but everything up to the wet prom dance w/ Moon River playing is iconic. I like The Deer Hunter, but I think it's longwinded. That could be a positive or a negative. Some of the hijinx scenes among the friends are overdone imo. It was John Cazale's final movie and he was dying of lung cancer at the time. Everyone tends to recall the Russian roulette scene and nothing else. Far as that scene goes, it was brilliantly realistic and tense even tho you knew you were looking at Chris Walken and De Niro. MAO! (slap) I recently saw Platoon in its entirety for the first time in awhile and I never thought it held up to FMJ. Just personal preference. I think Platoon was lucky that it came before FMJ tho, or the field would've been a little muddier. Berenger and Dafoe and other characters were great. The industry at the time was still trying to determine whether Charlie was a good actor. Therefore, it sucks to see Depp in a minor bit role.

Not that I would expect the Academy tightwads to give a movie like Full Metal Jacket accolades, but. Problem with that movie is that no one seems to like the 2nd half. I think it's integral in making it an anti-war film with gray areas and commentaries on morality here and there. It was if nothing else an interesting take on Vietnam beside the fact that it didn't look like Nam (filmed in UK under UK skies). R. Lee Ermey was so brill that he should've been heavily considered for an Oscar imo. The "well-disciplined VC" tailgunner was supposed to have that role, but R. Lee convinced Kubrick otherwise.

I'd put Schindler in that group. And Private Ryan. I realize that film buffs don't like to cite Spielberg, but there are sections of Schindler that are beautifully presented down to every movement and gesture (the beginning 30 mins, etc). Same as with Ermey, Finnes' Goeth was probably or at least arguably the most finely acted character in the movie, but he didn't stand
a chance in being credited because he portrayed Amon Goeth. Ryan's first half hour was great, but again, many critics won't go beyond that part. They say the bridge scene is contrived tho there were instances in WWII that weren't that too far off. Spielberg really brought the way war flicks are filmed/viewed from 1st person into vogue tho. The look of the 1st person scenes in Ryan were groundbreaking at the time. That said, he could've made it tighter. The "fubar" crashed plane scene where the guy talks to Hanks about the plane crash he lived thru wasn't terribly necessary, e.g.

Y’all really not gonna mention Black Hawk Down?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Nov 2007
Posts: 19843

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:09 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:

Y’all really not gonna mention Black Hawk Down?


I've never sat thru the entire movie. I've seen the majority of it in pieces over the years. I never caught my eye, tbh. I've seen every war flick that comes down the pike of late, too. American Sniper, Zero Dark Thirty, The Hurt Locker, 13 Hours, Captain Phillips, Jarhead, Act Of Valor, Lone Survivor, Restrepo, even a couple I can't name off top of my head. I'm interested in the SEALs and their missions/history and what have you, but the special ops community has had taken some nasty black eyes in recent years. Makes em hard to root for in fiction at least, even tho I get that they do extraordinary things and keep us safe. It's when they come back and run for office that they tend to go South (e.g. Ryan Zinke, a 20 yr SEAL). They are typically Repub and/or Trumper God, gunz, n glory pukes personalitywise. Not all, but a number of at least the ones who were attention hungry enough to go public after their careers. I know that goes off the subject, but Black Hawk Down for some reason out of all the above I listed never kept my interest. I also hate when movies like 13 Hours are clearly done w/ a Repugnican slant and give a false portrayal of situations like Benghazi. I guess I might suspect that BHD was a movie of that ilk. Lone Survivor was heavily influenced by creative license, too. Wahlberg and the SEAL it was based on went onto Jake Tapper and the guy was an uuuutter ahole to Tapper while Wahlberg did nothing to stop him from just going onto his show as a hitjob on a libtard cuck mediahead. Other than that, liked the movie.

What makes BHD special to you? (PS: Also, I might have trepidation because Somalia was blamed on Bill Clinton like Benghazi was on Hillary and the Repubs exaggerated the blames/faults/mistakes to a laughable extent for years. I'm already sensitive to that BS, don't need to see the movie version.)

Also saw 1917 and the WWII era flick about the conscientious objector who refused to hold a weapon. That one was typically hokey and had numerous war flick tropes. Biggest one was everyone thinking he was a nancy lad and he eventually, thru his bravery, won them over. Boosha. At least 1917 was a little less typical Hollywood. Had a good, eerie aesthetic in night scenes.
_________________
GOAT MAGIC REEL
SEDALE TRIBUTE
EDDIE DONX!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Nov 2007
Posts: 19843

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:18 pm    Post subject:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ur1Kqs4IWew
_________________
GOAT MAGIC REEL
SEDALE TRIBUTE
EDDIE DONX!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 5112

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:40 pm    Post subject:

Zero expectations. Mortal kombat wasn’t terrible.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Nov 2007
Posts: 19843

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:36 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Zero expectations. Mortal kombat wasn’t terrible.


How do you rank that against some of the other war movies discussed above?
_________________
GOAT MAGIC REEL
SEDALE TRIBUTE
EDDIE DONX!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 5112

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:25 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Zero expectations. Mortal kombat wasn’t terrible.


How do you rank that against some of the other war movies discussed above?

It’s funnier
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 5112

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:26 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Zero expectations. Mortal kombat wasn’t terrible.


How do you rank that against some of the other war movies discussed above?

It’s funnier
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 18068

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:44 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Zero expectations. Mortal kombat wasn’t terrible.


How do you rank that against some of the other war movies discussed above?

It’s funnier


Such a strong opening scene and then plop
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 18068

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:51 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
governator wrote:

Y’all really not gonna mention Black Hawk Down?


I've never sat thru the entire movie. I've seen the majority of it in pieces over the years. I never caught my eye, tbh. I've seen every war flick that comes down the pike of late, too. American Sniper, Zero Dark Thirty, The Hurt Locker, 13 Hours, Captain Phillips, Jarhead, Act Of Valor, Lone Survivor, Restrepo, even a couple I can't name off top of my head. I'm interested in the SEALs and their missions/history and what have you, but the special ops community has had taken some nasty black eyes in recent years. Makes em hard to root for in fiction at least, even tho I get that they do extraordinary things and keep us safe. It's when they come back and run for office that they tend to go South (e.g. Ryan Zinke, a 20 yr SEAL). They are typically Repub and/or Trumper God, gunz, n glory pukes personalitywise. Not all, but a number of at least the ones who were attention hungry enough to go public after their careers. I know that goes off the subject, but Black Hawk Down for some reason out of all the above I listed never kept my interest. I also hate when movies like 13 Hours are clearly done w/ a Repugnican slant and give a false portrayal of situations like Benghazi. I guess I might suspect that BHD was a movie of that ilk. Lone Survivor was heavily influenced by creative license, too. Wahlberg and the SEAL it was based on went onto Jake Tapper and the guy was an uuuutter ahole to Tapper while Wahlberg did nothing to stop him from just going onto his show as a hitjob on a libtard cuck mediahead. Other than that, liked the movie.

What makes BHD special to you? (PS: Also, I might have trepidation because Somalia was blamed on Bill Clinton like Benghazi was on Hillary and the Repubs exaggerated the blames/faults/mistakes to a laughable extent for years. I'm already sensitive to that BS, don't need to see the movie version.)

Also saw 1917 and the WWII era flick about the conscientious objector who refused to hold a weapon. That one was typically hokey and had numerous war flick tropes. Biggest one was everyone thinking he was a nancy lad and he eventually, thru his bravery, won them over. Boosha. At least 1917 was a little less typical Hollywood. Had a good, eerie aesthetic in night scenes.

Yeah, BHD is one of my top war movie, action packed and the build up of the hopelessness being pinned down until the uplifting ending, well done for my taste
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 55829
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is consider a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:17 am    Post subject:

Is Mortal Kombat classed as a war movie? The Mortal Kombat 2021 I watched is more of a martial arts film.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 106, 107, 108, 109, 110  Next
Page 107 of 110
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB