Sexual Harassment Accusations (Weinstein sentenced to 23 years; Weinstein put in isolation after contracting virus) BILL COSBY RELEASED pg44
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Interesting that the NY Times has presented themselves as the brave journalism outlet that had the courage to take on one of Hollywood's most powerful.....but Sharon Waxman is claiming she had the story in 2004 and the same NY Times killed the story after Matt Damon and Russell Crowe called in favors to her superiors....as well as meet with Weinstein himself.

Link
makes sense. Hollywood protects hollywood. people worth a lot of money and that have talent always gets a pass. again, we're just now talking about this as if we didnt all here these stories living in L.A. our entire lives. And at what point are we going to get at some of these hollywood types messing with the hollywood kids?

There's a reason even us L.A. people call it Hollywierd at times.

and if the mart about the two actors calling in those favors to. That tells you how tightly nit these people are in hollywood. And how selfish everyone is.
They dont give a rats .... about these women/nor children. As long as they can get their careers popping and keep those roles/money rolling in. by any means necessary.

The powerful in Hollywood live in their own reality. I still remember Meryl Streep giving a standing ovation to Roman Polanski and everyone knows his sordid history.

Roman... Mr Woody "I married my stepdaughter" Allen... on and on
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Interesting that the NY Times has presented themselves as the brave journalism outlet that had the courage to take on one of Hollywood's most powerful.....but Sharon Waxman is claiming she had the story in 2004 and the same NY Times killed the story after Matt Damon and Russell Crowe called in favors to her superiors....as well as meet with Weinstein himself.

Link
makes sense. Hollywood protects hollywood. people worth a lot of money and that have talent always gets a pass. again, we're just now talking about this as if we didnt all here these stories living in L.A. our entire lives. And at what point are we going to get at some of these hollywood types messing with the hollywood kids?

There's a reason even us L.A. people call it Hollywierd at times.

and if the mart about the two actors calling in those favors to. That tells you how tightly nit these people are in hollywood. And how selfish everyone is.
They dont give a rats .... about these women/nor children. As long as they can get their careers popping and keep those roles/money rolling in. by any means necessary.

The powerful in Hollywood live in their own reality. I still remember Meryl Streep giving a standing ovation to Roman Polanski and everyone knows his sordid history.

The powerful everywhere live in their own reality. That is the defining characteristic of power.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:32 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
The powerful everywhere live in their own reality. That is the defining characteristic of power.

Which is why the previous attempt to spin this into a liberal political issue was laughable and very transparent given the current political climate - and I will just leave it as that.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:20 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Which is why the previous attempt to spin this into a liberal political issue was laughable and very transparent given the current political climate - and I will just leave it as that.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:39 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

I was going to drop it as I said, but since you chimed in.

" ", sums up any rational person's reaction to the idea that it is only "libuhurls" who excuse vile sexual behavior. Especially given the realities of today and who "leads" our nation.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:45 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
adkindo wrote:

" ", sums up any rational person's reaction to the idea that it is only "libuhurls" who excuse vile sexual behavior. Especially given the realities of today and who "leads" our nation.

no, actually you didn't, which why I responded.....the political angle was dropped on the previous page at the request of a moderator.....but I guess getting in the last word and being unchallenged is important to you. It was you that chimed in with a unprovoked statement.....then tried to claim you are "dropping it".
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:56 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
adkindo wrote:

no, actually you didn't, which why I responded.....the political angle was dropped on the previous page at the request of a moderator.....but I guess getting in the last word and being unchallenged is important to you. It was you that chimed in with a unprovoked statement.....then tried to claim you are "dropping it".

I responded to Omar's comment appropriately. He mentioned that power corrupts equally across the board. I just pointed out the obvious irony in people pretending otherwise..
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:21 pm    Post subject:

^^^^ LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:37 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
adkindo wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I responded to Omar's comment appropriately. He mentioned that power corrupts equally across the board. I just pointed out the obvious irony in people pretending otherwise..

no, you pretty much did exactly what I said you did.....there is actually a thread of evidence here, so I guess everyone can reach their own conclusion. Anyway, you missed the whole point as illustrated by your statement....it was not that only one side takes part in the action or any action, but how the mainstream media responds.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:43 am    Post subject:

Fashion designer Donna Karan comes to Harvey Weinstein's Defense

Quote:
'To see it here in our own country is very difficult, but I also think how do we display ourselves? How do we present ourselves as women? What are we asking? Are we asking for it by presenting all the sensuality and all the sexuality?

'And what are we throwing out to our children today about how to dance and how to perform and what to wear? How much should they show?'

LINK
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:51 am    Post subject:

Under Heavy Fire, Donna Karan Quickly Retreats and Retracts

Let it go, man.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:54 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Let it go, man.

let it go? You didn't find her response repulsive?
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:44 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Let it go, man.

I really don't care what Donna Karan thinks about anything, and neither do you.

Consider this an intervention. You're getting sucked into one of those silly message board wars. You posted a kneejerk reaction. You drew flak. Events are not unfolding the way you expected. You're getting trolled by DMR. You're trying to defend your original kneejerk reaction even though the facts aren't bearing it out. The best thing you can do is take a lesson from Jodeke (of all people): just accept that your kneejerk reaction was too strong. The political left is not giving Weinstein a free pass on this one. It's okay. Life will go on, even if your expectations turned out to be inaccurate. All of the other posters (including me) have guessed wrong about stuff. Just let it go. Otherwise, you're going to be the message board equivalent of a guy trying to pull his fingers out of a Chinese finger trap.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:57 am    Post subject:

Sadly, 70-year-old women can have just as backwards and sexist attitudes as 70-year-old men. Even though she apologized and said her comments were taken out of context, her first instinct was to blame the victim and protect the powerful man.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:15 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Let it go, man.

Consider this an intervention. You're getting sucked into one of those silly message board wars. You posted a kneejerk reaction. You drew flak. Events are not unfolding the way you expected. You're getting trolled by DMR. You're trying to defend your original kneejerk reaction even though the facts aren't bearing it out. The best thing you can do is take a lesson from Jodeke (of all people): just accept that your kneejerk reaction was too strong. The political left is not giving Weinstein a free pass on this one. It's okay. Life will go on, even if your expectations turned out to be inaccurate. All of the other posters (including me) have guessed wrong about stuff. Just let it go. Otherwise, you're going to be the message board equivalent of a guy trying to pull his fingers out of a Chinese finger trap.

no, I do not care about what Donna Karen thinks about anything.....but she is a public figure and her response was ridiculous. It is directly related to the story....I do not know her politics. If the thread is open, why is it bothering you that I posted a related story link?

In regards to my "kneejerk" reaction being wrong.....it was neither "kneejerk" or incorrect. There is overwhelming evidence that supports my position....and the former NYT reporter coming out and claiming the Times killed the story over a decade ago screams my position....is there any planet where you think that story is killed for someone on the other side of the aisle? Multiple media members have came out and said that this was the "worst kept secret in Hollywood"....again, do you think they do not dive head first digging into that story if it was say....a Koch brother? Has it played out this time exactly as I expected....no, but I was unaware at the time of the deep history and how many times & how long this story had been covered up. A few elements came together that caused it to abnormally snowball...but as I originally claimed....lets see where it is in 12 months.

I let all this go as Omar asked, and the overall topic continued to be discussed as the story continues to be in the news...I even came back and acknowledged my response to ocho was not really warrented....and even when DMR came back and brought the political angle back up....I responded without addressing to topics. None of that suggests for a second that I do not feel exactly how I felt in my original position....nor has anything been posted in this thread that would factually refute my claims or position.

Again, not sure how a link to a story about a public figures out of touch response to the story resulted in those claims and assumptions from you......but if the topic should no longer be discussed, then lock the thread.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:18 am    Post subject:

So pathetic.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:19 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Let it go, man.

no, I do not care about what Donna Karen thinks about anything.....but she is a public figure and her response was ridiculous. It is directly related to the story....I do not know her politics. If the thread is open, why is it bothering you that I posted a related story link?

In regards to my "kneejerk" reaction being wrong.....it was neither "kneejerk" or incorrect. There is overwhelming evidence that supports my position....and the former NYT reporter coming out and claiming the Times killed the story over a decade ago screams my position....is there any planet where you think that story is killed for someone on the other side of the aisle? Multiple media members have came out and said that this was the "worst kept secret in Hollywood"....again, do you think they do not dive head first digging into that story if it was say....a Koch brother? Has it played out this time exactly as I expected....no, but I was unaware at the time of the deep history and how many times & how long this story had been covered up. A few elements came together that caused it to abnormally snowball...but as I originally claimed....lets see where it is in 12 months.

I let all this go as Omar asked, and the overall topic continued to be discussed as the story continues to be in the news...I even came back and acknowledged my response to ocho was not really warrented....and even when DMR came back and brought the political angle back up....I responded without addressing to topics. None of that suggests for a second that I do not feel exactly how I felt in my original position....nor has anything been posted in this thread that would factually refute my claims or position.

Again, not sure how a link to a story about a public figures out of touch response to the story resulted in those claims and assumptions from you......but if the topic should no longer be discussed, then lock the thread.

Trump's tape is from 2005, comes out in 2016. Happens on both sides
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:36 am    Post subject:

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:20 am    Post subject:

Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:21 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Let it go, man.

In fairness, you came back and went at the NY times on a political conspiracy argument including well known left wing actors, and that I believe is what Mule responded to. And you continue to push a "the left is going to and did and is covering this up for political purposes" angle.

You keep making relentless partisan attacks on many subjects, and then sort of acting like people are treating you unfairly. The fact is, Weinsten appears to be very very similar to O'Reilly in a lot of ways, from coverups and people knowing, to length of time and large numbers of cases, to multiple hush settlements. This happens in places where there are powerful men and where people rely on and benefit from those men, regardless of party affiliation.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

I was responding the totality of your rant, not just the link. Anyway, I tried. I'll leave it at that.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject:

I hate to interrupt the continued lone crusade of partisan hackery but Ronan Farrow's New Yorker article was released this morning and it is somehow even more horrifying than the Times piece.

LINK

Additionally, Angelina Jolie and Gwyneth Paltrow have come forward about their harassment at the hands of Weinstein.

LINK
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:14 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
I hate to interrupt the continued lone crusade of partisan hackery but Ronan Farrow's New Yorker article was released this morning and it is somehow even more horrifying than the Times piece.

I suppose that the fact that I handle these cases on a more or less regular basis desensitizes me a bit. None of this stuff shocks me. Instead, the thought that runs through my mind is that there are a number of Hollywood producers and directors who are sweating bullets right now. Just as the Fox News scandals kept expanding, there is a good chance that this one will keep expanding.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:27 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
...it was not that only one side takes part in the action or any action, but how the mainstream media responds.

Is this story not being covered by mainstream media?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:27 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
ocho wrote:

I suppose that the fact that I handle these cases on a more or less regular basis desensitizes me a bit. None of this stuff shocks me. Instead, the thought that runs through my mind is that there are a number of Hollywood producers and directors who are sweating bullets right now. Just as the Fox News scandals kept expanding, there is a good chance that this one will keep expanding.

I'm assuming none were of Weinstein's stature.

If these caseses are expanded what consequences do you imagine, if any?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 4 of 44
Jump to: