OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 873, 874, 875 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:48 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:
Kuzma was held out of that trade because he made less money and had less value. It was a win to keep him too, but I don't see many cases where a GM would think that he was more valuable than Ingram. I don't think it was the Lakers choice. I think they probably fought to keep some assets and Kuzma was the compromise. But I don't think there is any way that deal gets made without having BI and Lonzo in included.

if pels wanted kuz they would have kuz. they didnt.

For sure if they preferred him over the other guys they got. I think they likely wanted Kuzma instead of Hart and the Lakers got a small win in keeping Kuzma.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:04 am    Post subject:

Quote:
The Lakers are reportedly gauging trade interest in Kyle Kuzma

The Lakers don’t have a ton of trade assets to use to make themselves better this summer, with only LeBron James, Anthony Davis, Marc Gasol, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Kyle Kuzma and Alfonzo McKinnie even under contract for next season. The first two are obviously not going anywhere, Gasol may retire, and McKinnie’s deal is only worth $2 million and non-guaranteed, so would mostly just be salary ballast to help a prospective suitor potentially save some money. By virtue of the trade for Davis, the Lakers’ draft pick war chest is also depleted.

That leaves Kuzma and Caldwell-Pope — both making $13 million next season — as the Lakers’ only real trade options to make their roster better and match salary for a significant contributor. So it should be no surprise that Jake Fischer of Bleacher Report confirmed that the Lakers have tried to figure out how interested teams would potentially be in Kuzma, who is still just 25 and will be under contract for the next three years at the same $13 million salary (the final year is a player option).

However, it doesn’t sound like there are a ton of nibbles on possible Kuzma packages so far, especially if a sign-and-trade for a player who other teams could potentially just sign outright (Dennis Schröder) is still reportedly seen as more appealing (via B/R):

League sources expect Chicago and New York to emerge as Schroder suitors, and both could be conducted via sign-and-trade—although Knicks certainly have the cap space to sign him outright. New York will likely have north of $50 million to spend this summer. Meanwhile, Los Angeles continues to gauge rival teams’ interest in Kyle Kuzma, sources told B/R, although Schroder does carry a higher trade value around the NBA.

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2021/7/14/22577082/nba-trade-rumors-lakers-kyle-kuzma-dennis-schroder-free-agency-deals

Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:59 pm    Post subject:

I’ve been watching young Kuzma and man do I miss that. He had this care free Flo to his game. I believe he is a hard worker, but the fact he’s changed his shot motion so much is concerning. When your air balling free throws your thinking to much.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:35 pm    Post subject:

Curious to know his turnover rate vs utilization. I’d bet it’s pretty high for not being a primary ball handler.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:00 pm    Post subject:

I’ve been really impressed with how the Laker draft picks developed. It’s unlikely that Kuzma is the one we struck out on. Randle, Clarkson, Russel, even Nance Jr started to hit threes and spot starting, Ingram, Zubac, Ball continues to improve, Bryant, and even Hart has proved useful.

I believe we should have learned a lesson of giving up on promising young talent too quickly. Kuzma improved his defense significantly along with rebounding. He can back up both LeBron and AD. If we are patient with him I believe he will continue to develop similarly to how the others developed over time. This is about the point in their career when the others turned the corner.

Kuzma has displayed, tho admittedly inconsistently, exactly what the team needs. We need to insulate the team from crashing due to injuries so if another star can be had like Lillard, Beal etc then of course trade Kuzma but let’s not dump him for something that may be a marginal improvement to what Kuzma is now...his potential ceiling if he gets more consistent is better than what we are likely to get. Don’t want a 35yr old Lowery, want to take my chances on a young home grown prospect that looks like he has the upside to develop into an awesome player.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:26 pm    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:
I’ve been watching young Kuzma and man do I miss that. He had this care free Flo to his game. I believe he is a hard worker, but the fact he’s changed his shot motion so much is concerning. When your air balling free throws your thinking to much.

To me, those air balls show that his confidence is shot. It's entirely a mental issue for him at this point IMO. It seems to me that the Lakers are ready to move on from him, and he's ready to move on from them. The trade rumors will linger as long as he's here, and it won't be good for his mental health and team chemistry going forward. I do miss the younger Kuz who wasn't afraid to match buckets with the likes of Tatum and Giannis. He's playing like he's been neutered.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:08 pm    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
I’ve been really impressed with how the Laker draft picks developed. It’s unlikely that Kuzma is the one we struck out on. Randle, Clarkson, Russel, even Nance Jr started to hit threes and spot starting, Ingram, Zubac, Ball continues to improve, Bryant, and even Hart has proved useful.

I agree with your general sentiment and do think he's shown improvement, but I just don't think he has will have the minute and opportunity to shine here, and I don't think he's as talented as any of the above guys aside from Hart and Zubac.

I also think the key difference there though is age and experience. The Lakers steal picks there were all guys who were not one year guys. They had multiple years of college experience, the exception is Zubac who had been playing professionaly overseas at a young age. If you look at the steals (Hart, Kuzma, Nance, Zubac, Clarkson) though they were all 22-23 years old as rookies except for Zubac who was 19. Nance improved as an offensive player, Clarkson has skyrocketed in recent years but it took him a while to get there.

Kuzma might go that route, but he probably needs to be in the proper environment to do it. I'm not convinced he will make much of a leap there but its possible. Who thought Clarkson could be as good as he was this year before he got traded to the Jazz? It's that type of what if potential though that does give him enough value to make him worth moving.

It's also though why the value of guys like Clarkson and Kuzma was never as high as guys like Ingram, Lonzo, Russell, or Randle. Those guys were all drafted as teenagers, and had less experience but higher upside. I wasn't at all surprised to see those guys go elsewhere and play better. With Ingram and Randle I would have bet the house on it. It was just a matter of time. With the second tier guys like Kuzma, Hart, Clarkson, Nance, the most likely outcome is small incremental improvements or in some cases guys will slip.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:24 am    Post subject:

DLaker wrote:
AD23 wrote:
Kuzma is an all star and 25 ppg scorer!

That's what he thinks he is

What wrong with believing you can reach that level, Kyle Kuzma Believes He ‘Definitely Can’ Be An All-Star And Is Looking Forward To ‘A More Consistent Space Next Year’, better than other players we have who demand starting position, but has not earned it (DS and Drumond).

Kuz just like to get picked on by Lakers fan. But facts are he didnt shoot horribly on the 3pt line .361 is close to league average. He was the 113 rank 3pt% shooter, notable players below him are Herro, Kemba, Luka and Beal. He is rank 50th in the league in reb/game. He is playing better D, he is not overpaid, He plays hard every game, he play team ball, but for some reason is the reason we lost this year. Crazy how hatred for a player stems form bias, because in there NBA 2K mind that he should have been the one traded.

The hate stems from the fact he’s simply not been very good for us yet yalls himself up like he’s some kinda Ace in the hole when he’s not. “Fit in, don’t fit out”. LeBrons words to Kevin Love. Kuzma has every excuse in the world for HIS failures, but he never just accepts them and fixes them. Too busy trying to be something he’s not instead of perfecting the simple role he’s been asked to provide.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:28 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
RashardA wrote:
Another thing I think is willfully overlooked is the fact Kuz has put in a lot of work on his game.

He shot the three better this season, was a much better defender, rebounder & playmaker.

Kuz, just like everyone else on that title winning team had 71 days off between seasons.

With a full offseason I completely expect Kuz will come back next season with improvements in his game.

Be it here in Los Angeles with the Lakers or someplace else.

The secret is how to get him out of his own head at playoff time and get him to just go out there and play his game with confidence & stop overthinking everything.

That's where Fiz comes in if Kuz is still a member of the Los Angeles Lakers.

probably but whats his role? Starting? 6th man? It sounded like from a tweet I posted earlier from steinline that bron will play more 4. Kuz has been pretty clear about wanting an elevated role.

he has his ring and endorsements. I wouldnt be surprised if he has requested a trade deep deep behind closed doors. IMHO

I’ll be shocked if Bron plays more 4. Just like when he signed here and said he’d play the 4 and more in the post. That lasted about 3 games.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:00 am    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
RashardA wrote:
Another thing I think is willfully overlooked is the fact Kuz has put in a lot of work on his game.

He shot the three better this season, was a much better defender, rebounder & playmaker.

Kuz, just like everyone else on that title winning team had 71 days off between seasons.

With a full offseason I completely expect Kuz will come back next season with improvements in his game.

Be it here in Los Angeles with the Lakers or someplace else.

The secret is how to get him out of his own head at playoff time and get him to just go out there and play his game with confidence & stop overthinking everything.

That's where Fiz comes in if Kuz is still a member of the Los Angeles Lakers.

probably but whats his role? Starting? 6th man? It sounded like from a tweet I posted earlier from steinline that bron will play more 4. Kuz has been pretty clear about wanting an elevated role.

he has his ring and endorsements. I wouldnt be surprised if he has requested a trade deep deep behind closed doors. IMHO

I’ll be shocked if Bron plays more 4. Just like when he signed here and said he’d play the 4 and more in the post. That lasted about 3 games.

the 4 is less wear and tear, but it doesnt help ad.
Ksig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:18 am    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:

The hate stems from the fact he’s simply not been very good for us yet yalls himself up like he’s some kinda Ace in the hole when he’s not. “Fit in, don’t fit out”. LeBrons words to Kevin Love. Kuzma has every excuse in the world for HIS failures, but he never just accepts them and fixes them. Too busy trying to be something he’s not instead of perfecting the simple role he’s been asked to provide.

Who in here thinks hes an "Ace in the hole". When our stars are out, he has the ability to drop big games to fill for them; doesnt mean he can do that consistently but no role player can.

He fixed his dreadful defense and is now a good defender who primarily gets minutes because of his defense. He upped his 3pt% to 36%, its average and no longer terrible. He moves well off-ball, his passing is much improved even from the playoffs in the bubble. His rebounding numbers are up as well. Seems like hes improved in a lot of areas no? He is no longer a player who doesnt affect the game when hes not scoring, which you would've had a hard time saying 2 seasons ago.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:08 am    Post subject:

Ksig wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:

Who in here thinks hes an "Ace in the hole". When our stars are out, he has the ability to drop big games to fill for them; doesnt mean he can do that consistently but no role player can.

He fixed his dreadful defense and is now a good defender who primarily gets minutes because of his defense. He upped his 3pt% to 36%, its average and no longer terrible. He moves well off-ball, his passing is much improved even from the playoffs in the bubble. His rebounding numbers are up as well. Seems like hes improved in a lot of areas no? He is no longer a player who doesnt affect the game when hes not scoring, which you would've had a hard time saying 2 seasons ago.

HE thinks he’s the Ace in the Hole. No one else. That’s the point. As far as that improved 3&d ability? It disappeared in the postseason just like his ability to step up when one of the stars are out. It’s like he thinks too much about needing to do more and fill the gap but he’s just not talented enough to do that.
Ksig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:42 am    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
Ksig wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:

HE thinks he’s the Ace in the Hole. No one else. That’s the point. As far as that improved 3&d ability? It disappeared in the postseason just like his ability to step up when one of the stars are out. It’s like he thinks too much about needing to do more and fill the gap but he’s just not talented enough to do that.

True he did not step up in the postseason, just like the rest of the team which tells me our coaching staff had no clue how to operate a team once our stars aren't there. My point is he actually had his best regular season to date, when you look at his complete game and not just PPG. He's no perfect player, but he has fixed a lot of his deficiencies.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:26 am    Post subject:

Ksig wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
Ksig wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:

True he did not step up in the postseason, just like the rest of the team which tells me our coaching staff had no clue how to operate a team once our stars aren't there. My point is he actually had his best regular season to date, when you look at his complete game and not just PPG. He's no perfect player, but he has fixed a lot of his deficiencies.

Hate to say it LG is known to crucify players, I saw Kuz's improvement, he had a terrible post season, but so did the rest of the team not named LBJ. But is many Lakers fan eyes the player making 3.5 mil sucked the worse. Oh well he sucks so we just ship him for an awesome player like Dame whacky how virtual GM works. LMAO

Last edited by DLaker on Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total
RashardA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:06 am    Post subject:

I've watched pretty much every game Kuz has played over the course of his career so far, he has definitely improved.

Any fan saying he has not either doesnt watch the games, doesnt know the game or they are just a flat out hater.

Kuz greatly improved on all the weaknesses he was criticized for when all he did was scored.

Now that his scoring has taken a hit for a number of reasons that have been debated to death, he's crucified for that.

Kuz is the only role player that I can remember in all my years of watching the Lakers who is held to star standards.

Other role players on this team are absolutely revered for doing the same or even less than Kuz did this past season.

It's pretty hilarious to watch.
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:17 am    Post subject:

RashardA wrote:
I've watched pretty much every game Kuz has played over the course of his career so far, he has definitely improved.

Any fan saying he has not either doesnt watch the games, doesnt know the game or they are just a flat out hater.

Kuz greatly improved on all the weaknesses he was criticized for when all he did was scored.

Now that his scoring has taken a hit for a number of reasons that have been debated to death, he's crucified for that.

Kuz is the only role player that I can remember in all my years of watching the Lakers who is held to star standards.

Other role players on this team are absolutely revered for doing the same or even less than Kuz did this past season.

This is one post that makes sense.
Don't trade Kuzma or KCP unless for a superstar. They are starters or can be.

Keep DS for a reasonable price only.
Keep the draft choice.
But decide after DS decision on who to pick.
Pick a PG if DS signs elsewhere.
If sign DS pick a shooter.

The team lost to injuries not lack of talent.
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:22 pm    Post subject:

https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/edge/basketball/nba/player/30453/kyle-kuzma

Kyle Kuzma hopes to play "a more consistent role" offensively in 2021-22, and also believes he's capable of defending four positions.

"I’m working on my ball-handling so I’m able to get where I want on the court more efficiently," he said, "and not necessarily be an in-the-corner type of shooter." He's also hoping for "a consistent role" after being buffeted by changes during the 2020-21 campaign. "There were parts of this year ... when I'm in a consistent space, I'm out there handling the ball, making teammates better, scoring, shooting, defending, rebounding," he said. "[Defensively] whether it's elite wings, 4 men, even point guards and shooting guards, I have the ability to guard four positions now."
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:32 pm    Post subject:

laker50 wrote:
RashardA wrote:

This is one post that makes sense.
Don't trade Kuzma or KCP unless for a superstar. They are starters or can be.

Keep DS for a reasonable price only.
Keep the draft choice.
But decide after DS decision on who to pick.
Pick a PG if DS signs elsewhere.
If sign DS pick a shooter.

The team lost to injuries not lack of talent.

All I ask is we trade (if we do go that route) wisely with Kuz, KCP, THT. We just don’t have many assets left and we cannot afford to miss on any trades.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:06 pm    Post subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/dribblecity/status/1418302952796737539?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1418302952796737539%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2Ftwitter.min.html1418302952796737539

Dude is delusional thinking he’s on tatums level. Can’t even dribble but thrills can be a first option
Ksig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:10 pm    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/dribblecity/status/1418302952796737539?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1418302952796737539%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2Ftwitter.min.html1418302952796737539

Dude is delusional thinking he’s on tatums level. Can’t even dribble but thrills can be a first option

Come on man. You act like Kuz said all these things. He said thats his opinion, he thinks kuzma thinks that.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:03 pm    Post subject:

Ksig wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:

Come on man. You act like Kuz said all these things. He said thats his opinion, he thinks kuzma thinks that.

Yea, people trying to peg Eric's words onto Kuz...

Quote:
Eric Pincus
@EricPincus

My actual words and the headline clickbait version are vastly different

💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:05 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Ksig wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:

Yea, people trying to peg Eric's words onto Kuz...

Quote:
Eric Pincus
@EricPincus

My actual words and the headline clickbait version are vastly different

Eric doesn't really have insight into players tho. That is like me giving an opinion. He is more of a salary cap guy
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:27 pm    Post subject:

Emplay should have known better.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:30 pm    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:

Kuzma sucks. Inconsistent. Lacks IQ.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:42 pm    Post subject:

When Kuzma said he thought he could average 20+PPG with another team Emplay interpreted it in a way that he’s on the same level as Tatum cause both are young and came to the league at the same time.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 873, 874, 875 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 874 of 880
Jump to: