OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 858, 859, 860 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 9:48 pm    Post subject:

Not shooting well but is making an impact in other ways.

Last edited by 32 on Fri May 28, 2021 5:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Ksig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 9:49 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
CRoost wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Kuz is only consistent in the playoffs... unfortunately consistently bad, but the effort is there.

+ 14 on this game and was solid defensively. Missed a lot of gimmes but 10 boards. He is playing his role, shooting will come along at some point.

Was fully tripped by Chris Paul also, could've been badly injured. What the hell was this?

https://streamable.com/95q0jw

Good game Kuz, love your energy

I didnt even catch that during the game, what a dirty POS
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 9:53 pm    Post subject:

Kuz is playing the Caruso role. Effort and defense and a +14.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 10:08 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
CRoost wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Kuz is only consistent in the playoffs... unfortunately consistently bad, but the effort is there.

+ 14 on this game and was solid defensively. Missed a lot of gimmes but 10 boards. He is playing his role, shooting will come along at some point.

Was fully tripped by Chris Paul also, could've been badly injured. What the hell was this?

wow!! i watched the game live, and didnt notice, Thanks Drae!!

cp3 is dirty as hell
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 4:29 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:

Big difference from Game 1. Still couldn’t make a basket, but his rebounding and defense was critical.
Kobe_Is_King13
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 4:56 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

Big difference from Game 1. Still couldn’t make a basket, but his rebounding and defense was critical.

Yeah if Kuz could hit a couple shots last night would've been a blowout by halftime.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 5:26 am    Post subject:

Great defense and rebounding.

Pure crap on offense.

If he can get a few buckets, he is a stud role player. But right now he is a liability on offense as is most of our role guys as they are not making defenses pay for leaving them open.

Who would have ever thought Kuz would be a guy that you could say he is a 1-way guy, but the 1-way end being the defense-rebounding. I mean, that is the difference Vogel makes vs Luke.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 5:33 am    Post subject:

Kuzma was elite (other than his scoring) at one point vogel put him in with the sole intent of getting us a few offensive rebounds and right away he grabbed 2.

Some people focus on scoring too much but he has beeb all over the court doing the little things.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 5:39 am    Post subject:

Kuz plays with the effort he has been doing, he'll be fine - he isn't Klay Thompson but he isn't 1-12 bad either. Law of averages will kick in and the bricks will stop at some point.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 5:44 am    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
Kuz plays with the effort he has been doing, he'll be fine - he isn't Klay Thompson but he isn't 1-12 bad either. Law of averages will kick in and the bricks will stop at some point.

Im actually more confident with Kuzma breaking out of his offensive funk faster than KCP. With Kuzma my gut tells me he will bust out of his slump at any game now. As for KCP, my guess is his slump will at least drag into next series.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 6:53 am    Post subject:

Kuz did all the dirty work stuff last night. If he can just chip in a bit on offense he is an important piece.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 7:11 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Kuz did all the dirty work stuff last night. If he can just chip in a bit on offense he is an important piece.

Our 3 best offensive options put up 75 points. This team does not need Kuz to score if those guys are lighting it up. Just make defense pay on those open 3 ball to spread the floor better and keep doing what he does best for our team, hustle and play defense on every switch and do all the little things.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 7:13 am    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Our 3 best offensive options put up 75 points. This team does not need Kuz to score if those guys are lighting it up. Just make defense pay on those open 3 ball to spread the floor better and keep doing what he does best for our team, hustle and play defense on every switch and do all the little things.

Yup. But if KCP/Kuz play close to then regular season offensive games we are up 3-0 and winning by 12+ every game. They bring it on the defense/hustle side but we need their 3 ball.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 7:14 am    Post subject:

LakerDynasty6.0 wrote:
drae wrote:
CRoost wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

cp3 is dirty as hell

How did you miss it ? They replayed it several times while the announcer talked about what a savvy vet Paul was to “draw attention” to the contact and force the ref to call a foul.

Just one of my WTF moments of seeing things differently then the announcers and the refs.

Biased Laker fan, but the refs are allowing a lot of crap to go on and losing control of the series. The dirty plays, Bush league bench antics and ejections were just the culmination of a lot of frustration all game long.

Even the way James was going at Crowder and laughing about as he did was build up from the Suns /Crowder BS all game. Still didn’t get the call on the dance and reverse layup.

As for Kuzma. He has turned into a solid defender. Who would have expected that? He plays hard and is doing a lot of little things to be a valuable role player. He ever starts consistently hitting shots...
JM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 7:25 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

Just a smarter, more versatile player these days.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 7:27 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
CRoost wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yup. But if KCP/Kuz play close to then regular season offensive games we are up 3-0 and winning by 12+ every game. They bring it on the defense/hustle side but we need their 3 ball.

I agree, our 3 ball is atrocious at the moment and those are open shots too. KCP is a streaky shooter so he will get into rhythm at some point . Wes drained a couple last night and suddenly we have a huge lead. Our defense has been consistently good though and this is what playoff is all about. And Lebron , what I saw last night is very encouraging. Look like he can finesse and power his way if necessary. He looks very comfortable out there
ElliotTheFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 9:50 am    Post subject:

I was totally wrong about Kuz and after last night, I'm feeling dumb. So what if he was 2-12 and shooting 16.7% in 3 games. I saw a guy who played with heart. Who cares that if he averaged his declining regular stats that we'd be easily up 3-0? The dude just gets it done. I want this to be on the record: I am glad that he's shooting 18.2% this series from 3 because our guy Kuz is shooting 100% from the line. You read that right. HE. CAN'T. MISS.

Kuzma isn't a player that can you see struggle, look confused, indecisive, miss 3 consecutive point blank tip ins, or check his stats to see some of the worst numbers imaginable, and make any conclusion other than he's on the right track. He gets it. And you know what? He's going to have a solid game and no matter how long that takes it will absolutely make up for all of his other deficiencies.
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 10:26 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
LakerDynasty6.0 wrote:
drae wrote:
CRoost wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

cp3 is dirty as hell

How did you miss it ? They replayed it several times while the announcer talked about what a savvy vet Paul was to “draw attention” to the contact and force the ref to call a foul.

Just one of my WTF moments of seeing things differently then the announcers and the refs.

Biased Laker fan, but the refs are allowing a lot of crap to go on and losing control of the series. The dirty plays, Bush league bench antics and ejections were just the culmination of a lot of frustration all game long.

Even the way James was going at Crowder and laughing about as he did was build up from the Suns /Crowder BS all game. Still didn’t get the call on the dance and reverse layup.

As for Kuzma. He has turned into a solid defender. Who would have expected that? He plays hard and is doing a lot of little things to be a valuable role player. He ever starts consistently hitting shots...

Honestly i don't know how i missed it.. bio break? BTW, i was watching the TNT crew and recall the color commentator saying this was a "lighter" contact than last time, but didn't notice that CP3 was the one that initiated the contact.

Gotta give it to Kuz for hustle, and those 3 key offensive rebounds: and to Vogel for putting kuz in to get that critical rebound (and get fouled) at the end.
PostMalone24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 10:53 am    Post subject:

He is 3-18 these last three games.....
And he has been getting wide open looks
So sad he needs to stop thinking so (bleep) much and just go with the flow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 11:07 am    Post subject:

PostMalone24 wrote:

Damn only taken 18 shots in 3 games? That’s after taking 12 shots last game. Kuz needs to average 10 shots per game. So as KCP.
Roger O. Thornhill
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 2:29 pm    Post subject:

Game 3: 8-10-3 in 24 minutes
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 8:01 pm    Post subject:

Nice game from Kuzma last game 10 boards no turnovers.
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 8:03 pm    Post subject:

PostMalone24 wrote:

I think his focus has been on defense. Not every player can put both sides of the floor together in the same game. Some nights it might click. Id rather he brick shots and play great defense then hit every three but give up every three.
lakerfanaticPT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 7:28 am    Post subject:

Also like his defensive ability and play.....but if the Lakers don't go far this year and his offensive woes continue throughout the playoffs, I think both Kuz and KCP will be probable trade pieces.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 7:56 am    Post subject:

24Legend007 wrote:
PostMalone24 wrote:

I think his focus has been on defense. Not every player can put both sides of the floor together in the same game. Some nights it might click. Id rather he brick shots and play great defense then hit every three but give up every three.

for 13 mil a year you should be able to hit WIDE OPEN shots
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 858, 859, 860 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 859 of 880
Jump to: