The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1596, 1597, 1598 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kobe_4_mvp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:34 am    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
https://twitter.com/KingJames/status/1416448611152371712

This guy is so sad. Anyone who doesn’t kiss his ass is a hater; if not a racist. He’ll never be as much as Kobe or Mike’s toenail clippings. Everyone knows he never won a real championship for this franchise.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:37 am    Post subject:

kobe_4_mvp wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

This guy is so sad. Anyone who doesn’t kiss his ass is a hater; if not a racist. He’ll never be as much as Kobe or Mike’s toenail clippings. Everyone knows he never won a real championship for this franchise.

Lol
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:45 am    Post subject:

kobe_4_mvp wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

Take your meds today?
Robblake
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:33 am    Post subject:

kobe_4_mvp wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

Lol stop it. Lebron is at the exclusive table of greats among greats.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:44 am    Post subject:

kobe_4_mvp wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:54 am    Post subject:

okay, i finished the new space jam. once they got to "the big game", it was pretty cute. i can see why kids liked it.

Bron did everything possible to give Lillard a taste of Hollywood and the Lakers lifestyle. He had much more than a bit part in the movie. Bron playing chess, for sure.

they probably could have whacked like at least 15 minutes out of it to get to the game IMHO.

Last edited by oaktown_dimond on Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:05 am; edited 1 time in total
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:58 am    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
kobe_4_mvp wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

LakesGnrLake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:34 am    Post subject:

After watching Space Jam it just comes across as a Lebron vanity project. It managed to make the original look like Citizen Kane. Seems like they got the writers of these sports game career mode to write the plot. Dialogue came off as cringe worthy for the most part. There were some parts that made me chuckle but good god it was tough to get through.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:55 am    Post subject:

LakesGnrLake wrote:
After watching Space Jam it just comes across as a Lebron vanity project. It managed to make the original look like Citizen Kane. Seems like they got the writers of these sports game career mode to write the plot. Dialogue came off as cringe worthy for the most part. There were some parts that made me chuckle but good god it was tough to get through.

the studio wanted to revamp a franchise and make a ton of money. Who else are you going to ask?

Every piece of scripted content is a vanity project.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:58 am    Post subject:

LakesGnrLake wrote:

Yeah, I saw the MJ one on a long plane trip which was fine. Second parts don't have a good reputation to begin with and I'm probably too old for Bron's ego trip, so pass.

My younger kids (20's) said they'd pass. I think the you pretty much added
up what they thought the expectation would be.

Thanks for commenting though...
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:25 am    Post subject:

kobe_4_mvp wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:59 am    Post subject:

i mean since Kobe died, there's literally no one besides lebron who could play the lead in space jam. no relevant current or former NBA player is as iconic as Bron.

well, i guess Steph could do it. can he act? he definitely has a lot of personality.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:12 am    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:
i mean since Kobe died, there's literally no one besides lebron who could play the lead in space jam. no relevant current or former NBA player is as iconic as Bron.

well, i guess Steph could do it. can he act? he definitely has a lot of personality.

He can, his show Holy Moley is great. Miniature golf meets Wipeout.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:14 am    Post subject:

The issue for Lebron is “The Decision” just rubbed people the wrong way.

Most of his haters will never, ever look past that.

He ushered in the player empowerment more than anyone before him but the way he did it just didn’t sit well with a majority of people.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:19 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

He ushered in the player empowerment more than anyone before him but the way he did it just didn’t sit well with a majority of people.

kobe had haters before and after colo. I feel the elite players that have shine beyond court have the most haters. TD was never hated, klay, steph apparently is hated by players plus i hate him.

I agree the decision wasnt great but it did raise a lot of money for B&GC.

haters gonna hate. I hated bron prior to joining the lakers for no reason other than to protect kobe.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:22 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

He can, his show Holy Moley is great. Miniature golf meets Wipeout.

his show is fun but he cant carry the space jam franchise. maybe talent wise (actor) but not reach, popularity . bron is an icon. steph isnt that.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:29 pm    Post subject:

I don't know if some of you have ever seen the romantic comedy Trainwreck but LBJ ... playing himself... was REALLY REALLY good in it.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:35 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

kobe had haters before and after colo. I feel the elite players that have shine beyond court have the most haters. TD was never hated, klay, steph apparently is hated by players plus i hate him.

I agree the decision wasnt great but it did raise a lot of money for B&GC.

haters gonna hate. I hated bron prior to joining the lakers for no reason other than to protect kobe.

Yep, there will always be haters. No one is universally loved.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:40 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

Social Media now is just 1000x worst than it was back then... You add his political social justice stance, and the china incident on top of that. Then being a Laker. Right now his hate is probably at an all time high.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:03 pm    Post subject:

kobe_4_mvp wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

You know what's sad? That you care about Tweets. Like why do you care?

Secondly, I'm quite certain that the Lakers won the NBA Finals last year. That was real. So I think you might want to seek a medical evaluation for being so utterly divorced from reality.

It would seem that your identity is so wrapped up in Kobe that you feel personally threatened by anyone else assuming leadership of the franchise. Again, therapy. Many, many years of therapy...
LakesGnrLake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:11 pm    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:
I don't know if some of you have ever seen the romantic comedy Trainwreck but LBJ ... playing himself... was REALLY REALLY good in it.

He was good in that for sure. For some reason he caught "NBA acting syndrome" and just came off as kinda stiff for the most part in Space Jam.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:16 pm    Post subject:

LakesGnrLake wrote:
AD23 wrote:

He was good in that for sure. For some reason he caught "NBA acting syndrome" and just came off as kinda stiff for the most part in Space Jam.

I think because he was acting against mocap suits and green screens. I agree with above. he can act.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:46 pm    Post subject:

kobe_4_mvp wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

File this under: "Any championship won by someone I don't like doesn't count."

It's a big file. Lots of Lakers championships (including all of Kobe's) are put into that file by a lot of fans of other teams.
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:45 am    Post subject:

okay, i used my bout of insomnia last night to compare the a new legacy to the original MJ space jam (it's on hulu if you wanna watch it).

i assume the new space jam is "space jam" as in "cyber-space"? as there's no space aliens this time around.

the original is FAR better from a plot standpoint. plausible isn't the right word, but there's a clear reason for each action in the movie. with the LBJ movie, you are left thinking "HUH?" on quite a few scenes. like how are people sucked into their phones? WHAT???

the witty banter is a lot funnier and more risque as well. but i think they purposely toned down those aspects of the original to be more family friendly. they "de-sexualized" lola bunny too. she was more like jessica rabbit in the first one. LOL!

MJ was definitely passable as an actor... but yeah Bron is actually a fairly talented actor by comparison. though his work in Trainwreck was A LOT more impressive.

lastly, the original was definitely a vanity piece for MJ. they called him "his airness" here and there, but mostly "Michael". with the new legacy, the ass kissing got a little taxing... way too many "King" call outs for me. just call him Bron.

oh yeah, AD should have let the animators keep their original concept, with his eyebrow's being his wings. if not, then why is he a bird?

Last edited by oaktown_dimond on Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:58 am    Post subject:

LakesGnrLake wrote:
After watching Space Jam it just comes across as a Lebron vanity project. It managed to make the original look like Citizen Kane.

Ironically for some "vanity project" there was a scene where LeBron looked vulnerable that he was hoping Michael Jordan himself would come and save the day.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1596, 1597, 1598 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1597 of 2079
Jump to: