The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1570, 1571, 1572 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 3:29 pm    Post subject:

AirTupac wrote:
Curry can go off and we'll still stomp them. Why are we giving them any credit. Remind me who is going to guard Anthony Davis on that bum team? Hell LeBron can rest if he wants too and we'll still win.

the talk is more about possible scenarios, I do think we will take care of the Warriors quickly, but right now the field is wide open to still leap to 6th or 5th so that’s why I said that if the Lakers have the opportunity to win out they should do it because it will give the team momentum as opposed to tanking games because you want a certain match up.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 3:53 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
AirTupac wrote:
Curry can go off and we'll still stomp them. Why are we giving them any credit. Remind me who is going to guard Anthony Davis on that bum team? Hell LeBron can rest if he wants too and we'll still win.

the talk is more about possible scenarios, I do think we will take care of the Warriors quickly, but right now the field is wide open to still leap to 6th or 5th so that’s why I said that if the Lakers have the opportunity to win out they should do it because it will give the team momentum as opposed to tanking games because you want a certain match up.

I agree with this concept
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 5:23 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
AirTupac wrote:

I agree with this concept

Yeah, I don't think teams tank and try to do the things many fans think they do 95% of the time anyways. Unless it's blatantly obvious like going for best chance in the lottery you should always try to get on track going into the Playoffs especially. This team without momentum but mostly healthy is extremely dangerous against anyone but us with momentum as well? Unbeatable imo.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 12:52 pm    Post subject:

Lebron being out tonight is concerning tbh.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 12:55 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

Did they give reasons as to why he is being held out? Until then there is no reason to panic.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 12:58 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 1:01 pm    Post subject:

Getting close but I won’t be in the lineup tonight but more importantly I will be there to put that CHAMPIONSHIP banner in the rafters at Staples Center in front of our fans!! #No17 Purple heartYellow heart

he announced himself
https://twitter.com/KingJames/status/1392583560327008260
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 1:03 pm    Post subject:

sadly, no matter how good the lakers play, they will need a 90-95% lebron to win it all, and the fact he has been delaying his return shows me that he is not close to that. the "sharp pain" when moving is concerning.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 1:07 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
sadly, no matter how good the lakers play, they will need a 90-95% lebron to win it all, and the fact he has been delaying his return shows me that he is not close to that. the "sharp pain" when moving is concerning.

Is he still having "sharp pain"? I thought that was a report from last week
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 1:14 pm    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Is he still having "sharp pain"? I thought that was a report from last week

It is hard to know since they are purposely being vague. This was the last thing that was said about his pain situation on Monday. So I wonder if it’s a cumulative thing because they say that he felt fine after several days of rest but then once he started working out did he start having pain again? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Who knows…

Quoting myself from the injury thread on Monday
Quote:
Per Woj

Much more optimism on state of LeBron James’ right ankle after on-court work Sunday and Monday, sources tell ESPN. James was pain-free after several days off – and able to make hard cuts and elevate. Return on Tuesday vs. Knicks is likely.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1391852348893450241?s=21
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 1:29 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Did they give reasons as to why he is being held out? Until then there is no reason to panic.

No panic, IG. Just concern because this was going to be his ramp up time starting with the tanking Rockets to ease him back in...

If he’s not playing tonight, it means something is up. Extra cautious could be the reason, but that means they aren’t fully confident with it just yet.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 1:34 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

No panic, IG. Just concern because this was going to be his ramp up time starting with the tanking Rockets to ease him back in...

If he’s not playing tonight, it means something is up. Extra cautious could be the reason, but that means they aren’t fully confident with it just yet.

A lot of teams in this time of the year are always cautious... Jazz holding Mitchell out... Clippers taking Kawhi in and out of the line up.. etc... it’s nothing to be concerned about.
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 2:19 pm    Post subject:

As a longtime LeBron fan, I sense a lack of desperation from him. I’m sure he still loves the game. I’m sure he still is very competitive and wants to win but I’d be lying if I didn’t admit that his desire to play might be slowly starting to fade. He’s 36 and has won 4 titles. We really are entering his twilight years.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 3:13 pm    Post subject:

So James still out! It is not looking good for the playoffs.

Team has a zero chance of a deep competitive run if he is not close to 100%.
Still not able to put in reduced mpg a week before he is needed to play at playoff intensity....?

Even when he returns he is likely to be hobbled or tweak it in a few games under the game pressure he will face.

Sadly I keep having the nagging thought that he is not comfortable to play unless at peak level. If that is the case just how aggressive can we expect him to be on either end? And if he is not physically and mentally ready to play at his peak, Lakers have no chance winning a series.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 3:17 pm    Post subject:

ZeroDark30_ wrote:
As a longtime LeBron fan, I sense a lack of desperation from him. I’m sure he still loves the game. I’m sure he still is very competitive and wants to win but I’d be lying if I didn’t admit that his desire to play might be slowly starting to fade. He’s 36 and has won 4 titles. We really are entering his twilight years.

This is the thing with LeBron. If he feels his team has a great chance of winning the championship, he's all-in and will show great leadership and focus.

If he feels his team doesn't have a great chance of winning the championship, he'll get passive-aggressive and either not show great intensity and leadership, or make excuses or have his people talk about leaving his current team as a free agent in the near future.

I'm starting to wonder about him and his mental state. Hopefully his continued absence is only about his ankle and not about anything else.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 3:41 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:

This is the thing with LeBron. If he feels his team has a great chance of winning the championship, he's all-in and will show great leadership and focus.

If he feels his team doesn't have a great chance of winning the championship, he'll get passive-aggressive and either not show great intensity and leadership, or make excuses or have his people talk about leaving his current team as a free agent in the near future.

I'm starting to wonder about him and his mental state. Hopefully his continued absence is only about his ankle and not about anything else.

I think this is what hurts him in Goat debates. Whether fair or not, it is the perception of a large majority.

Speaking of LBJ, this is one of the LeCalculated workouts.

https://twitter.com/jarvisfromla/status/1392623202011017217?s=21
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 3:44 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

He went from feeling great after two practices to missing yesterday to give him "one more day". To missing tonight. It's concerning since if he was still feeling great you wouldn't think he would miss the banner raising game.

There was hope that maybe he would feel okay for the playoffs, but if he is waking up with ankle soreness after a practice or game then he might have to deal with this for a while. He may play through in the playoffs but he may not look like Lebron if he doesn't have his lateral quickness.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 4:01 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
slavavov wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:

I think this is what hurts him in Goat debates. Whether fair or not, it is the perception of a large majority.

What was it? The tweet has been deleted. In fact dude closed the doors on his account altogether.
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 4:13 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
So James still out! It is not looking good for the playoffs.

Team has a zero chance of a deep competitive run if he is not close to 100%.
Still not able to put in reduced mpg a week before he is needed to play at playoff intensity....?

Even when he returns he is likely to be hobbled or tweak it in a few games under the game pressure he will face.

Sadly I keep having the nagging thought that he is not comfortable to play unless at peak level. If that is the case just how aggressive can we expect him to be on either end? And if he is not physically and mentally ready to play at his peak, Lakers have no chance winning a series.

Basically this. LeBron has always come across as someone who likes to be at his best to play. He routinely says that he only wants to be out on the floor if he can help his team. His helping is at a high level when in reality, 50% LeBron is better than half the league.
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 4:17 pm    Post subject:

Maybe this is just a lost season. It sucks really. LeBron likely has just soured on it all. Before injury he was; the likely MVP, 1st team NBA and in talks of defensive team... then Solomon Hill destroys it all. He’s still human. This was his best chance with all of those things happening at the end of his career. Add in COVID and a shortened season and you get a 36 year old player looking to ahead to next season.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 4:19 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
slavavov wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:

What was it? The tweet has been deleted. In fact dude closed the doors on his account altogether.

Lebron working out with Handy. Maybe they didn’t want anyone to see his workout since it was roughly 4:30 on the time stamp which is earlier than most are allowed in I think.

Edit: I clicked on it and it still loads for me but says it was deleted lol...and then the tweets aren’t loading for that account. It was in fact exactly at 4:30.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 4:21 pm    Post subject:

ZeroDark30_ wrote:
Maybe this is just a lost season. It sucks really. LeBron likely has just soured on it all. Before injury he was; the likely MVP, 1st team NBA and in talks of defensive team... then Solomon Hill destroys it all. He’s still human. This was his best chance with all of those things happening at the end of his career. Add in COVID and a shortened season and you get a 36 year old player looking to ahead to next season.

Sounds like a loser's mindset to me.

We all know LeBron desperately wants to become the GOAT. He should see this whole situation as a once in a lifetime opportunity to get there. Leading us to another world championship by having to get through 3 or 4 great teams, sprained ankle and all, would massively enhance his legacy.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 4:24 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:

We all know LeBron desperately wants to become the GOAT. He should see this whole situation as a once in a lifetime opportunity to get there. Leading us to another world championship by having to get through 3 or 4 great teams, sprained ankle and all, would massively enhance his legacy.

Cool story. Now he just needs to prove it on the court. I’ll be watching for it.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 4:25 pm    Post subject:

What the hell are y'all talking about? He's likely out tonight since AD, DS, and Caruso are out. Vogel can't control his usage if he's the only ball handler on the court.

Talking about this "behavior" affecting the GOAT debate? Wtf get a grip.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 4:28 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:

My guess is Lebron just focusing on getting healthy enough to play, and all the stuff you guys are talking about isn't even on his mind
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1570, 1571, 1572 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1571 of 2079
Jump to: