The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2088, 2089, 2090 ... 2096, 2097, 2098  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:34 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Japago wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Japago wrote:
LeBron is 39.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills when people keep making this BS excuse.

He's getting paid $50 mill per year, and is looking to get paid $60 mill per year on a new contract. I don't care if Lebron is 50 or 25, if he is getting paid like the best player in the world, then I except best player in the world production.

If he were getting $10 mill or $15 mill, then this would be an acceptable excuse, but not when he makes basically 70% of the team's cap space alone.

He's still great, and is playing great. He's definitively better than Bradley Beal, Jaylen Brown, KAT, Jimmy Butler, Damian Lillard, and Paul George out of players making $48 mil plus. He's in the same class as Curry, Durant, Booker, and Kawhi in that money range.

He's not overpaid. The Lakers' aren't getting anything out of cheap players and not getting enough out of the other guys making 8 figures per season.

You can't have it both ways. Either he is great and should be getting paid what he is, but also call him out when he's not playing up to that production, or call him that 39 year old and someone that should be getting paid much less due to that age.

Because right now, he ain't a top 10 player anymore. Judt because you had idiot teams like the Wizards overpaying guys like Bradley Beal, doesn't mean they were ever worth it. Just like how Lebron isn't worth his contract at all. Nor would he be worth that stupid $60 mill per.

Lebron is very much overpaid for being the 2nd best player on a team that's a 7th seed at best every year.

He's better or as good as most of the people making around his money, or did you not just read my list?

Only Jokic, Giannis, and Embiid are definitively better players. And Embiid is injured so much that LeBron may STILL be better value.

Better teams have worse players making that kind of money.

It's not LeBron's contract holding this team back.

Last edited by Japago on Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:37 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
MJST wrote:
Anthony Davis this series:

32.3 PPG
13.3 RPG
1.7 BPG
61.5% FG

Down 0-3.

“Last time Lakers had a guy like this (SHAQ) they 3 peat. Guess who the other player was ..Kobe. This is one of the many reasons why Majority of NBA players rather have Kobe over Lebron because if you switched Lebron & Kobe in this team now they wouldn’t lose” - Rick Fox

AD has been more empty stats against Denver then him playing above his head and shoulders

Every time they have been up in this series has been with the Kobe and Shaq formula. AD has carried the load and gotten them up and threw the jabs, Bron has not knocked them out like Kobe would for Shaq. And the others all are heartless.

Game 1 last year .. AD has 40 and 10 and they are down 3, and he’s under the goal, and Bron jacks a 3. Bron shot the worst 3 point percentage of any guy there was in the fourth quarter of the series.

Game 2 - AD sat to end the third up in the game and Bron went out there and had a flurry where he tried to beat Joker. With missed shots, missed 3s and lost the damn lead before AD was inserted back. In fact it was continuation for the first half as AD had them with a lead and Bron lost most of it, including blowing an open dunk.

Game 4 - AD and Bron both played and Bron played a hell of a game but he got blocked to end it.

They got swept …AD shot 49 from the field, he shot over 80 from the line (better than Bron), shot 50% from three (better than Bron who he watched shoot him out the fourth quarters, led the team in rebounds, shot blocks, deflections, and steals. He averaged 27 and 14 to Jokers 28 … Murray averaged 30 plus and Bron did not match him

Fast forward to game 1 and AD out played Lebron. Lebron did nothing in the fourth and was visibly tired. He also lost the lead in the time AD sat in that game. AD and Hayes had a positive rating together but Lebron and Rui group lost the game.

Go to game 2 and AD outplayed them all. He even started the third 2-2 and didn’t touch the ball for 5 mins and 20 seconds while Bron, Dlo, Reaves, Rui all took shots when he was scorching hot. His coach would not leave him in with 4 fouls like how Joker got left in with his foul trouble by his coach. He got 3 touches and 1 shot in the fourth quarter while Lebron took all the shots, and it’s a make or miss league. He fouled Murray which tied the game up, and he missed the threee which lead to Murray hitting the game winner.

Game 3 AD showed up and Bron did not bring it. They got killed on the glass. He’s still one of the biggest guys out there but he did not hit the glass like he can. AD scored to the point Denver sent 2 to 3 guys at him. Grant Hill commentated the game and questioned what Reaves, Bron, and Dlo we’re doing as he pointed out to start the third that they went 4 possessions before they got AD the ball to even touch as they chose to shoot it. He then pointed out how AD was in the paint rebounding with Joker, Gordon, Porter, and KCP or Murray down there because they dared the lakers to shoot and no one helped him on the glass. Grant Hill said Ham was “playing small, but he does not seem to get that Denver’s big lineup is more athletic so they are physically impost if their will on the others”

AD hadn’t failed Bron. Bron has failed him this series because he has to be either Kobe or Magic here. If he’s going to be Kobe, he has to finish these damn games. He has to not shoot an all time worse late in the games from 3 or miss that shot. If he’s going to be magic he needs to be out there getting you 10 plus assists and 10 plus rebounds and getting guys layups and runs when AD sits over losing the lead in every game of this series when AD sits down for a breather.

The others have also grossly failed them. Dlo gave them 0 tonight. Reavers has been picked on all series by both Murray, KCP, and porter when they get him on an island. And Rui has been physically dominated by Gordon and Joker and struggles to get 2 rebounds and as Grant Hill said “in his own head to the point he is missing layups and free throws because he’s anticipating their front court hitting him and denying him”

The only two guys who can even look at you this series and be like we are good is AD and Prince. Hell prince has showed up all series and that’s it for the others
dries
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:35 am    Post subject:

Japago wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Japago wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Japago wrote:
LeBron is 39.

He's getting paid $50 mill per year, and is looking to get paid $60 mill per year on a new contract. I don't care if Lebron is 50 or 25, if he is getting paid like the best player in the world, then I except best player in the world production.

If he were getting $10 mill or $15 mill, then this would be an acceptable excuse, but not when he makes basically 70% of the team's cap space alone.

He's still great, and is playing great. He's definitively better than Bradley Beal, Jaylen Brown, KAT, Jimmy Butler, Damian Lillard, and Paul George out of players making $48 mil plus. He's in the same class as Curry, Durant, Booker, and Kawhi in that money range.

He's not overpaid. The Lakers' aren't getting anything out of cheap players and not getting enough out of the other guys making 8 figures per season.

You can't have it both ways. Either he is great and should be getting paid what he is, but also call him out when he's not playing up to that production, or call him that 39 year old and someone that should be getting paid much less due to that age.

Because right now, he ain't a top 10 player anymore. Judt because you had idiot teams like the Wizards overpaying guys like Bradley Beal, doesn't mean they were ever worth it. Just like how Lebron isn't worth his contract at all. Nor would he be worth that stupid $60 mill per.

Lebron is very much overpaid for being the 2nd best player on a team that's a 7th seed at best every year.

He's better or as good as most of the people making around his money, or did you not just read my list?

Only Jokic, Giannis, and Embiid are definitively better players. And Embiid is injured so much that LeBron may STILL be better value.

defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:54 am    Post subject:

Players that have bigger positive impact than Lebron

Shai
Luka
Edwards
Leonard
Embiid
Curry
Jokic
Giannis
Booker
Durant
Butler
Wemby
Tatum

You put just about any of these guys with Davis and we are in business. Lebron cannot sustain top tier production for 48 minutes. JUST STOP! You are stuck with Lebron ball and Lebron getting what he wants without the production.
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:03 am    Post subject:

Japago wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Japago wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Japago wrote:
LeBron is 39.

Lebron's not better than those players you mentioned. Factoring in his abysmal defense, he's probably top 30 right now and that's not necessarily a bad thing given his age. He's an empty stats guy who is only motivated to play on one end of the floor, so that the media conglomerates can continue pushing the GOAT narrative. Now watch the narrative shift to how he had no help and how "soft" of a player AD is. Bron knows exactly what he's doing, and his friends in the media will do whatever it takes to shift the blame away from him. The next few years will be all about him and Bronny.

That's why I never understood the Westbrook criticism, because Lebron is the exact same kind of player right now. At least Westbrook realized that he can be more effective off the bench, which is something Bron will never do. He's as selfish as you can get. It's "me me me me me" when it comes to him, and he needs to get his ass out. I don't care if the Lakers are (bleep) without him. At least they won't have a glorified diva, serial manipulator and narcissist running the organization.
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:40 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

32.3 PPG
13.3 RPG
1.7 BPG
61.5% FG

Down 0-3.

“Last time Lakers had a guy like this (SHAQ) they 3 peat. Guess who the other player was ..Kobe. This is one of the many reasons why Majority of NBA players rather have Kobe over Lebron because if you switched Lebron & Kobe in this team now they wouldn’t lose” - Rick Fox

Where did Rick Fox say this?
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:44 am    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
MJST wrote:

32.3 PPG
13.3 RPG
1.7 BPG
61.5% FG

Down 0-3.

Doesn't matter, it's kind of BS because Lebron in his prime has a chance to 3 peat with Davis, but not Legramps. The problem is the idiots who extended him. His time should be over as a laker or take a big pay cut.
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:47 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Batguano wrote:
MJST wrote:

32.3 PPG
13.3 RPG
1.7 BPG
61.5% FG

Down 0-3.

Doesn't matter, it's kind of BS because Lebron in his prime has a chance to 3 peat with Davis, but not Legramps. The problem is the idiots who extended him. His time should be over as a laker or take a big pay cut.

Matters to me. I like sources.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:48 am    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
defense wrote:
Batguano wrote:
MJST wrote:

32.3 PPG
13.3 RPG
1.7 BPG
61.5% FG

Down 0-3.

Matters to me. I like sources.

Lemon pepper or BBQ?
shnxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:46 am    Post subject:

It sure would be nice to see Lebron gone.
Rooting for Lakers has not been possible with Lebron on the team.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:47 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

32.3 PPG
13.3 RPG
1.7 BPG
61.5% FG

Down 0-3.

we taking break from DLO thread to post in this thread? ok
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:53 am    Post subject:

I see the usual suspects doing their Kobe routine. Never pee into the wind and never go near a Lakers message board after Lebron loses a game.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:55 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

32.3 PPG
13.3 RPG
1.7 BPG
61.5% FG

Down 0-3.

Yea I wonder how a 39yo Kobe would do on this team…

We saw what happened with a healthy 35yo Lebron next to AD. Now imagine prime Lebron?
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:01 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
MJST wrote:

32.3 PPG
13.3 RPG
1.7 BPG
61.5% FG

Down 0-3.

We saw what happened with a healthy 35yo Lebron next to AD. Now imagine prime Lebron?

Depends, would he be allowed to use PEDs/HGH?
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:04 am    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
MJST wrote:

32.3 PPG
13.3 RPG
1.7 BPG
61.5% FG

Down 0-3.

Sure… Still not going to save those achilles tho.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:15 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Batguano wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
MJST wrote:

32.3 PPG
13.3 RPG
1.7 BPG
61.5% FG

Down 0-3.

Sure… Still not going to save those achilles tho.

Honestly, brother just needed to sleep. Always talking about waking up at 3:15AM to put up 9000 shots, okay but your body is literally deteriorating, king. Meanwhile LeBron puts in 10-12 hours every day for recovery.
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:20 am    Post subject:

Please ask out, please
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:08 am    Post subject:

Lebron is a GOAT candidate over what he’s accomplished during his long career. But at 39, he shouldn’t be your best or second best player anymore. It’s clear in a playoff setting now that it takes too much out of him.

Credit to Lebron that he’s lasted this long and played better than anyone ever at similar ages…it’s just not enough to compete with the leagues young guns anymore.
dries
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:21 am    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
I see the usual suspects doing their Kobe routine. Never pee into the wind and never go near a Lakers message board after Lebron loses a game.

11-0 (plus 6 years of losing, excuses & empty stats)

You should keep Kobe's name outta yo mouth imo.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:37 am    Post subject:

“It’s just basketball” -LeBron James.
As someone who bleeds P&G… with one game left to play for a chance at immorality. It rips your heart out. I know the king probably doesn’t care about bronze statues, so I take solace he will not get one in LA. That’s some quitter (bleep), King. Wow.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:45 am    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
Lebron is a GOAT candidate over what he’s accomplished during his long career. But at 39, he shouldn’t be your best or second best player anymore. It’s clear in a playoff setting now that it takes too much out of him.

Credit to Lebron that he’s lasted this long and played better than anyone ever at similar ages…it’s just not enough to compete with the leagues young guns anymore.

Sure, younger Lebron was good enough in the past to take that first stint Cavs team on a ship attempt and numerous top seed finishes. Sure, now it looks like he can no longer make up for as such large talent deficiencies and coach deficiencies as before. But check out his play…logically with analysis, not emotionally with whining…on both sides of the ball. Lebron is not the problem. AD/LBJ are playing respectfully comparable to any other big 2 old or young, even the ones in Mil/Phil/NYK/Dal/Pho/Den/Bos/Min/OKC/LAC.

The problem is improper roster construction, (2 non defensive guards starting in the backcourt with poor backup rebounding in the frontcourt), and poor coaching, (unable to adjust to counters by the other team, improper use of timeouts, failure to implement a sustainable reliable offense). The problems are with the people responsible for constructing the roster and implementing a winning coaching philosophy. Rob punted on the season this year when he didn’t make a move at the deadline and punted last year until the deadline.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:36 pm    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:

Sure, younger Lebron was good enough in the past to take that first stint Cavs team on a ship attempt and numerous top seed finishes. Sure, now it looks like he can no longer make up for as such large talent deficiencies and coach deficiencies as before. But check out his play…logically with analysis, not emotionally with whining…on both sides of the ball. Lebron is not the problem. AD/LBJ are playing respectfully comparable to any other big 2 old or young, even the ones in Mil/Phil/NYK/Dal/Pho/Den/Bos/Min/OKC/LAC.

The problem is improper roster construction, (2 non defensive guards starting in the backcourt with poor backup rebounding in the frontcourt), and poor coaching, (unable to adjust to counters by the other team, improper use of timeouts, failure to implement a sustainable reliable offense). The problems are with the people responsible for constructing the roster and implementing a winning coaching philosophy. Rob punted on the season this year when he didn’t make a move at the deadline and punted last year until the deadline.

The problem is the rest of the roster around LeBron/AD and the coaching. The Nuggets have much better players around Jokic and Murray and a much better coach. If Jokic/Murray switched rosters and coaches with LeBron and AD they would lose.

Last edited by ducasse on Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:40 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:

How can one pee into the wind?
Rakim Allah
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:20 pm    Post subject:

This team is not built for Bron Ball.
Sojo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:32 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Players that have bigger positive impact than Lebron

Shai
Luka
Edwards
Leonard
Embiid
Curry
Jokic
Giannis
Booker
Durant
Butler
Wemby
Tatum

You put just about any of these guys with Davis and we are in business. Lebron cannot sustain top tier production for 48 minutes. JUST STOP! You are stuck with Lebron ball and Lebron getting what he wants without the production.

You forgot Josh Hart. LeBron can't even match what Hart does for his team overall on the floor.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2088, 2089, 2090 ... 2096, 2097, 2098  Next
Page 2089 of 2098
Jump to: