The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2084, 2085, 2086 ... 2096, 2097, 2098  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:05 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
LeBron's going to be fined. But he's correct

Quote:
@HoopMixOnly
LeBron is pissed

"I don't understand what's going on in the replay center, to be honest... What the f--k do we have a replay center... Makes no sense to me. It bothers me."(video in link)
https://twitter.com/HoopMixOnly/status/1782641549496471990

yep..

Day wrote:

If we switched head coaches we would sweep this series and be the favorite to win the title. If we had a good coach all season we'd have been a top 3 seed.

People always go "This team just isn't good enough..." however... give Spo this roster.

Starters:
D'Angelo Russell
Austin Reaves
Jarred Vanderbilt
LeBron James
Anthony Davis

Bench:
Spencer Dinwiddie
Gabe Vincent / Max Christie
Taurean Prince / Cam Reddish
Rui Hachimura
Christian Wood / Jaxson Hayes

And we're top 4 in the West and a Championship favorite by the start of April.

Know the funny thing too? If Ham doesn't punt mid-December to mid-January we'd have been a Top 4 team in the West this year anyway.

Spo is one of the few coaches that would make a difference for sure, but we can’t afford him… look how Nunn and Gabe played under SPO
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:07 pm    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Batguano wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
What you saying is that younger lebron was under paid because he was. Denver not any team would stand a chance against a younger lebron but the point is he played well worth his contract and it is a short contract, so how is it a terrible contract? And why would he take pay cuts if he can put up numbers like those while putting people into their seats?

I mean, if the Lakers goal is to have LeBron pad his career stats and put people on their seats while the Lakers struggle to barely make it into the playoffs, sure... But if the goal is to win championships and be legit contenders, it doesn't leave much wiggle room.

His game play this year worth max contract, and if he wants to take a pay cut then I will be grateful, but you can’t tell me his current contract is horrible

I never said 'horrible'. That was another poster. Horrible is of course an exaggeration and not giving LeBron his dues to what he's been able to do at this age. But it is extremely limiting for the team and for himself. LeBron has earned the right to ask for whatever contract he wants, but realistically if he wants to give himself the best chance to contend for more titles he would pull a Tom Brady/Tim Duncan and skim some off the top.

And I was replying the other poster for saying he had a horrible contract. I obviously hope he would take a pay cut, but it is unlikely and why would he take pay cut to save taxes for Jeanie anyways. We wouldn’t get any cap space unless he takes like 20 mil per year
Day
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:08 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
MJST wrote:

Quote:
@HoopMixOnly
LeBron is pissed

"I don't understand what's going on in the replay center, to be honest... What the f--k do we have a replay center... Makes no sense to me. It bothers me."(video in link)

yep..

Day wrote:

If we switched head coaches we would sweep this series and be the favorite to win the title. If we had a good coach all season we'd have been a top 3 seed.

People always go "This team just isn't good enough..." however... give Spo this roster.

Starters:
D'Angelo Russell
Austin Reaves
Jarred Vanderbilt
LeBron James
Anthony Davis

Bench:
Spencer Dinwiddie
Rui Hachimura

Know the funny thing too? If Ham doesn't punt mid-December to mid-January we'd have been a Top 4 team in the West this year anyway.

Spo is one of the few coaches that would make a difference for sure, but we can’t afford him… look how Nunn and Gabe played under SPO

What playoff coach do you think is worse than Ham ?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:09 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/1of1MemGroup/status/1782649550408142977

Give it to DLO, run at the basket, get it right back from DLO as you are bumrushing the basket, get fouled or score or both.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:10 pm    Post subject:

Day wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
MJST wrote:

Quote:
@HoopMixOnly
LeBron is pissed

yep..

Day wrote:

Starters:
D'Angelo Russell
Austin Reaves
Jarred Vanderbilt
LeBron James
Anthony Davis

Bench:
Spencer Dinwiddie
Rui Hachimura

Most coaches in the playoffs are similar to ham, but Lue and Spo are the ones that probably take us to another level. Others, even they are better than ham, the difference is marginal at the best
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:34 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Day wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
MJST wrote:

Quote:
@HoopMixOnly
LeBron is pissed

yep..

Day wrote:

Starters:
D'Angelo Russell
Austin Reaves
Jarred Vanderbilt
LeBron James
Anthony Davis

Bench:
Spencer Dinwiddie
Rui Hachimura

Most coaches in the playoffs are similar to ham, but Lue and Spo are the ones that probably take us to another level. Others, even they are better than ham, the difference is marginal at the best

Ham took us to the WCF last year in his first year. Sure we beat a completely awful Memphis who was probably the worst 2 seed of all time and an old beaten down Warrior team whose dynasty was ending but it's a results league.

We have enough. We just aren't good enough and that's what a lot of us have been saying.
LakersPimp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:39 am    Post subject:

Lebron played the most selfish basketball Ive seen him play in game 2. Its like he sabotaged the game...to try and become the hero at the end. We didnt need that from him....but he wanted to control the game...when playing off ball got us the lead. He countered our success waaaaaaayyy too early in the game.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:50 am    Post subject:

My cynical side is wondering if over the next couple days we start seeing blind comments in the media about how much James is struggling with his ankle injury.

Klutch will have him show up to the next game in a boot to really drive home the point. 🤷🏼‍♂️
LakersPimp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:55 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
My cynical side is wondering if over the next couple days we start seeing blind comments in the media about how much James is struggling with his ankle injury.

Klutch will have him show up to the next game in a boot to really drive home the point. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Damage control MVP!
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:59 am    Post subject:

LakersPimp wrote:

Damage control MVP!

LeBron fans lose twice. Devastated by the game then get to deal with a fanbase that never accepted him. Damn shame
LakersPimp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:04 am    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
LakersPimp wrote:

Damage control MVP!

LeBron fans lose twice. Devastated by the game then get to deal with a fanbase that never accepted him. Damn shame
Lakers fans accept winning. Anything less is uncivilized.
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:28 am    Post subject:

LakersPimp wrote:
Lebron played the most selfish basketball Ive seen him play in game 2. Its like he sabotaged the game...to try and become the hero at the end. We didnt need that from him....but he wanted to control the game...when playing off ball got us the lead. He countered our success waaaaaaayyy too early in the game.

He started the run the clock out in the back court since nobody has touched it so we still have our shot clock game with like 10m left in the 3rd. He was gaaaasssed with like 20 minutes of game time left.

Meanwhile AD misses 4 shots after being perfect the entire game and we NEVER give him the ball again.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:20 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
MJST wrote:

Quote:
@HoopMixOnly
LeBron is pissed

yep..

Day wrote:

Starters:
D'Angelo Russell
Austin Reaves
Jarred Vanderbilt
LeBron James
Anthony Davis

Bench:
Spencer Dinwiddie
Rui Hachimura

a good coach will define a role for all players. Spo's bench players know exactly how many minutes and when during game they'll be sub in and out. over time, they feel comfortable on the court. there is no set rotation for our bench player, even for Rui for that matter. it's all very random, and no one can get into a rythm that way.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:23 am    Post subject:

kfkilla wrote:
LakersPimp wrote:

He started the run the clock out in the back court since nobody has touched it so we still have our shot clock game with like 10m left in the 3rd. He was gaaaasssed with like 20 minutes of game time left.

Meanwhile AD misses 4 shots after being perfect the entire game and we NEVER give him the ball again.

Unfortunately the flip side of “what James is doing at his age” is being gassed and needing to pace himself differently than Prime James. Or other younger players pushing themselves in the playoffs.

As an example, did you see Murray’s interview after the game? Still hunched over and gasping for breath 10 mins after the game. Guessing he was “gassed” too.

Simply two different players in Prime James and 39 yr old James. It may be time to stop confusing the two.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:48 am    Post subject:

LakersPimp wrote:

I was coming here to say that.

He was trying to get looked at as the star.

He wanted to look, it was because of him we won and ended up costing us the game.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:49 am    Post subject:

dude is just too old. it's so sad our best player, the best player of the biggest marquee team in NBA is a 40 year old.
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:53 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
dude is just too old. it's so sad our best player, the best player of the biggest marquee team in NBA is a 40 year old.

And it boils down to this no matter what moves we want to make.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:57 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
MJST wrote:

Quote:
@HoopMixOnly
LeBron is pissed

yep..

Day wrote:

Starters:
D'Angelo Russell
Austin Reaves
Jarred Vanderbilt
LeBron James
Anthony Davis

Bench:
Spencer Dinwiddie
Rui Hachimura

Spo had prime Wade, Lebron and Bosh and managed to win 2 times. It's hard. Everyone have a snicker.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:22 am    Post subject:

LakersPimp wrote:

In game 1… fans were crying that he didn’t want the ball in his hands in the 4th, said he was passive and gave up because he was not taking over.

In game 2… He wanted the ball in his hands in the 4th, and now being called the most selfish basketball he played on a night he only took 19 shots.

Damn if he does… Damn if he don’t.
Sojo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:44 am    Post subject:

LakersPimp wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
LakersPimp wrote:

Damage control MVP!

I don't understand why this is so hard to understand, unless you aren't a Laker fan, and only a LeBron fan.
Sojo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:45 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:

AD ain't 40...
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:00 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:

mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:35 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
MJST wrote:

Quote:
@HoopMixOnly
LeBron is pissed

yep..

Day wrote:

Starters:
D'Angelo Russell
Austin Reaves
Jarred Vanderbilt
LeBron James
Anthony Davis

Bench:
Spencer Dinwiddie
Rui Hachimura

Spo had prime Wade, Lebron and Bosh and managed to win 2 times. It's hard. Everyone have a snicker.

that was his earlier days, don't you think he has improved since?
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:42 am    Post subject:

Wrong thread.

Last edited by Halflife on Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:52 am    Post subject:

LakersPimp wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
LakersPimp wrote:

Damage control MVP!

And that’s why people hate Laker fans. The entitlement
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2084, 2085, 2086 ... 2096, 2097, 2098  Next
Page 2085 of 2098
Jump to: