The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2074, 2075, 2076 ... 2099, 2100, 2101  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:05 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Zillethai wrote:
Sojo wrote:

And still want him traded. But GOAT talk has long sailed. Too long a career to try and match what Jordan did in a smaller amount of time.

If you're going to take that route, then we have to bring up the fact that Jordan played much weaker competition.

That is an opinion, not a fact. It is factual that Jordan played against big, non-mobil bigs who guarded the paint without the fear of a flagrant foul. So Jordan took a lot of physical play. Jordan might have been the best of his generation and Lebron might be the best of his. But the differences in the game and style of play makes comparisons less factual and more opinionated. That is why I judge players by their peers.

agree its useless to compare players
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:59 pm    Post subject:

coldzim wrote:
Quote:
Reaching 40,000 points will bring LeBron even closer to becoming the greatest scorer in basketball history, surpassing the record set by Brazilian Oscar Schmidt. There are only 134 points left for the American athlete to reach the "Mão Santa", who scored 49,737 points throughout his career for Brazil and Europe, as well as for the Brazilian team.

In addition to 39,991 in the NBA regular season, LeBron also has 8,023 points in playoffs; 52 points in the play-in tournament; 24 in the In Season Tournament (the NBA Cup); 979 for the American team; 487 in All-Star Games and other all-star weekend games and 47 points in international matches for the teams he played for. Adding it all up, 49,603 points.

40k competition points is crazy, so they the only 2 in history?
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:13 pm    Post subject:

congrats Lebron!

what a milestone. probably no one will reach 40k ever again

game should've been stopped at 40k... pay some respect
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:16 pm    Post subject:

THE KING!!
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:20 pm    Post subject:

Congrats BronBron!
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:47 pm    Post subject:

markjay wrote:
george w kush wrote:
Funny seeing people get excited over a meaningless win against the Clippers without PG or Zubac.

No worries once we are eliminated by the Nuggets again in the playoffs, youll all want him traded again.

There's 20 games left on the schedule and only a few games separating 5th place from 10th place. There are no meaningless games leftt.

They're all meaningless because the Lakers aren't winning anything this year. Try beating the Nuggets first.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:57 pm    Post subject:

Another milestone game where we lose. A shame we can't keep focus until the very end of these things.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:25 pm    Post subject:

LeBron only plays defense when he wants to.

Then again, I don't expect him to because he is way outside of his prime.

But he had some point blank range turnovers down the stretch.

So terrible, I thought he was throwing the game.

Then holding the ball so long, til like 9 seconds on the shot clock, stagnating the offense.

That needs to stop, but I don't think it will.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm    Post subject:

He had a few miscues late that to me signal fatigue.

Did he play the entire 4th? Ham has to get him some spot blow, it's hard because every time he took him out and went to that lineup with Prince/Dinwiddie coming in the Nuggets ran off big runs.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:37 pm    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:

Did he play the entire 4th? Ham has to get him some spot blow, it's hard because every time he took him out and went to that lineup with Prince/Dinwiddie coming in the Nuggets ran off big runs.

Yup played the whole 4th again…
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:39 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:

Yup played the whole 4th again…

It’s only a matter of time until he suffers a random injury, Ham is overusing and when we have a opportunity to rest him in a game like the Wizards game he ends up playing to many minutes because we need him out there
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:45 pm    Post subject:

A milestone in a loss. Just about sums up his tenure here.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Denny_Russo wrote:

Wrong thread

Last edited by Halflife on Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:24 pm    Post subject:

Bron2AD wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:

Garbage take.

A chip
A wcf losing to hottest team

29 teams would take it… even vlfs clippers

Some people should look at the Hawks and appreciate what we have working compared to them, they are barely hanging onto the play in spot with Trae Young’s future with the Hawks up in the air during the summer, the Lakers will always have a chance because of LeBron
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:13 pm    Post subject:

I’m glad Bron made me eat crow the last couple games but I can honestly say I could care less about 40k. Why are people acting like 40k is some sort of a record. It’s kind of a cool round number but any freaking point he scores right now is the most points ever. The headlines make no sense and it’s painfully clear they are just milking it for every ounce.

Last edited by kfkilla on Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:20 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:

Garbage take.

A chip

Some people should look at the Hawks and appreciate what we have working compared to them, they are barely hanging onto the play in spot with Trae Young’s future with the Hawks up in the air during the summer, the Lakers will always have a chance because of LeBron

Ironically, Lakers and Hawks mirror each other right now:

Hawks are 10th seed in the East
Lakers are 10th seed in the West

If it weren't for the play-ins, both teams would be planning some kind of rebuild/retooling. Houston is different because they improved over last season.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:22 pm    Post subject:

Denny_Russo wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:

Garbage take.

A chip

If it weren't for the play-ins, both teams would be planning some kind of rebuild/retooling. Houston is different because they improved over last season.

Lakers are in same boat as warriors, not hawks
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:33 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:

Garbage take.

A chip

Lakers are in same boat as warriors, not hawks

Warriors are a Curry injury away from a catastrophic collapse and a possible rebuild. Like MacGyver, Steph is holding that franchise together with paper clips and shoestrings, as guys like Klay and Draymond descend into irrelevancy. They have very little to hang their hat on. Kuminga and Podz are decent, but they aren't remotely close to being franchise-level players. In retrospect, choosing Wiseman over LaMelo killed their hopes of finding a franchise player to carry the mantle when Curry retires.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:40 am    Post subject:

kfkilla wrote:
I’m glad Bron made me eat crow the last couple games but I can honestly say I could care less about 40k. Why are people acting like 40k is some sort of a record. It’s kind of a cool round number but any freaking point he scores right now is the most points ever. The headlines make no sense and it’s painfully clear they are just milking it for every ounce.

Maybe because no one ever reached that milestone before, and it might be a while before we see another player even come closed. It should be celebrated to witnessed the first player to ever done it.

Also it was not like he was some player in a major decline trying to reach those numbers. The fact he’s still playing at a high level is what makes it more impressive.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:34 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
kfkilla wrote:

Maybe because no one ever reached that milestone before, and it might be a while before we see another player even come closed. It should be celebrated to witnessed the first player to ever done it.

Also it was not like he was some player in a major decline trying to reach those numbers. The fact he’s still playing at a high level is what makes it more impressive.

Everything he does is impressive. It’s remarkable that he’s still this good. And yet, he’s not good enough. Not good enough to be your best guy on a title team. Neither is Davis. Is LeBron a championship level superstar for the next 5 years? Clearly not. So he’s a win now piece on a team that is in no position to compete right now. The Lakers org loves nothing more than moments like the 40k milestone the other night. Those are nice moments, but we borrow from our future every time we value them over winning and rebuilding.
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:08 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
kfkilla wrote:

Of course no one has done it before. This is the sheer stupidity of it. Any point he scores from here on out no one has done it before.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:01 am    Post subject:

Really good video emphasizing on what Lebron's doing in his 21st season

clic me

Great production quality too.
Laker_Jocker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:55 am    Post subject:

Vin wrote:
Really good video emphasizing on what Lebron's doing in his 21st season

clic me

Great production quality too.

CRAAAZZZYY....

This is why the Lakers let him do whatever he wants for better or worse and why its always difficult to find the right formula around him...

Thanks for sharing!
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:45 pm    Post subject:

No one will reach 40k points ever let alone surpassing Lebron's ongoing record. KAJ and Karl Malone played into their 42's but they couldn't even get close to 40k points.

I think this is the "goat" record. It will go down as the most difficult (and prestigious) record to break.

Assuming no drastic changes in NBA rules, I think 100 years from now, this record would still stand.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:59 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
No one will reach 40k points ever let alone surpassing Lebron's ongoing record. KAJ and Karl Malone played into their 42's but they couldn't even get close to 40k points.

I think this is the "goat" record. It will go down as the most difficult (and prestigious) record to break.

Assuming no drastic changes in NBA rules, I think 100 years from now, this record would still stand.

Kareem lost 4 seasons since he couldn’t go straight from high school.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2074, 2075, 2076 ... 2099, 2100, 2101  Next
Page 2075 of 2101
Jump to: