The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1900, 1901, 1902 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barry Seal
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:53 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Barry Seal wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Jeanie and Rob broke Bron. lol Rob lied to everyone.

Yeah, I can’t blame him for being frustrated this time.

Ehh. He extended knowing everything. Unless you think internet posters knew more than him.

Everything as in everything they told/promised him. We know you don’t know anything since you said that Austin Reeves is better than LeBron.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:44 pm    Post subject:

Barry Seal wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Barry Seal wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:

Ehh. He extended knowing everything. Unless you think internet posters knew more than him.

Everything as in everything they told/promised him. We know you don’t know anything since you said that Austin Reeves is better than LeBron.

Lol. “Everything they told/promised him”
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:49 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
TDRock wrote:
governator wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Another cryptic tweet, eh Bron?

Sigh some things never change...

Yeah silliness

Where is it

Maybe It’s Me

https://twitter.com/kingjames/status/1622394143912919041?s=46&t=6YQ4eo181gMiKlGBFwtUCg

Maybe I’m dense. I am missing the point of his message.

Anyone care to explain their interpretation of it.

Dudes talk straight forward, I don't know what he's identifying with at this point. Never understood why we value vague sideways posts.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:02 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Barry Seal wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:

He extended under the promise they were going to do everything in their power to build a contending team each season he was here... Do you feel they have done that to date?
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:06 pm    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Barry Seal wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:

He extended under the promise they were going to do everything in their power to build a contending team each season he was here... Do you feel they have done that to date?

Great. They tried for kyrie. He knew what assets we have. Wasn’t enough.

I keep reading about a laker tax yet the same people cry about not being able to get anything done.

What is it? Should they have offered max reaves 2 frp for kyrie.

Also you have no idea what their conversations are. No one does.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:44 pm    Post subject:

It's not you Bron, it's Joe.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:47 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:

That isn't and hasn't been the only player available.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:55 pm    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
Halflife wrote:

Who should they get with a seemingly unmovable contract
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:04 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:
Halflife wrote:

They should have traded for Turner and Hield when it was available. However, there have been lots of other possibilities floated. It really depends on what has actually been offered.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:14 pm    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
Halflife wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:
Halflife wrote:

They should have traded for Turner and Hield when it was available. However, there have been lots of other possibilities floated. It really depends on what has actually been offered.

Floated? By who? IG? How do you know turner was available. I get it helps with fans of bron being able to play the victim card, but it isnt based in reality.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Floated? By who? IG? How do you know turner was available. I get it helps with fans of bron being able to play the victim card, but it isnt based in reality.

https://www.yahoo.com/now/jeanie-buss-said-no-trading-052805928.html

Quote:
‘This is why Lakers owner Jeanie Buss was known to be reluctant to give up on Westbrook in those days leading into training camp, when they came so close to doing the well-chronicled deal with Indiana that would have sent Westbrook to the Pacers in exchange for big man Myles Turner and sharpshooter Buddy Hield.'”
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:42 pm    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
Halflife wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:
Halflife wrote:

I don't remember ever hearing the details of what the initial proposed trade was for Turner/Hield. If it included both first round picks (unprotected), then the Lakers were right to turn it down, imo.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:46 pm    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
Halflife wrote:

Quote:
‘This is why Lakers owner Jeanie Buss was known to be reluctant to give up on Westbrook in those days leading into training camp, when they came so close to doing the well-chronicled deal with Indiana that would have sent Westbrook to the Pacers in exchange for big man Myles Turner and sharpshooter Buddy Hield.'”

Well chronicled? No one knows parameters of deal. What I did hear is how pacers don’t want to deal with lakers.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:07 pm    Post subject:

I understand the frustration Bron but this isn’t on Rob. The Nets GM was determined to make sure a Kyrie didn’t end up with the Lakers. Nothing we could’ve done
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:13 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
I understand the frustration Bron but this isn’t on Rob. The Nets GM was determined to make sure a Kyrie didn’t end up with the Lakers. Nothing we could’ve done

Well if the reason also was because we were not willing to include Reaves and Christie. Bron might see that us a miss… Remember Lebron is working with his own timeframe here not Robs/Lakers. If Rob sees that those two guys will be a Laker for a long time and not willing to throw them in any deals, then I guess it’s time to end it and start over this offseason. I’m just speculating here. Rob could have offered those guys too, but Tsai just really didnt want to deal Kyrie to us. Then yea I think it could still be salvaged by Thursday.

But I guess we will know more by Thursday.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:37 pm    Post subject:

I understand his frustration but that counter offer by the Nets was trash. They were seeing how far they could take it to us, supposedly them also asking for pick swaps? Come on now, even Lebron knows that is a BS situation - they had no desire or intention to send Kyrie here.
Palin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:49 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:
Halflife wrote:

Quote:

Well chronicled? No one knows parameters of deal. What I did hear is how pacers don’t want to deal with lakers.

where did you hear that from? Aeneas?
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:53 am    Post subject:

Palin wrote:
Halflife wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:
Halflife wrote:

Quote:

I keep reading about lakers tax and how pacers won’t deal with lakers because of prior tampering with magic. It’s not one poster. It was a lot.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:50 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Palin wrote:
Halflife wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:
Halflife wrote:

Quote:

I keep reading about lakers tax and how pacers won’t deal with lakers because of prior tampering with magic. It’s not one poster. It was a lot.

It's like 1 poster. VLF.

Looks like Lakers/Pacers were on 1 yard line for the Buddy/Myles trade. They even postponed that big conference b/c the trade was close to being done. Doubt it was Rob who vetoed it.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:03 pm    Post subject:

An interview with Michael Wilbon? Bruh...

Edit: Nevermind... pretty tame responses to the questions.
https://twitter.com/FadeAwayMedia/status/1622689874405953541
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:30 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Palin wrote:
Halflife wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:
Halflife wrote:

Quote:

It's like 1 poster. VLF.

Looks like Lakers/Pacers were on 1 yard line for the Buddy/Myles trade. They even postponed that big conference b/c the trade was close to being done. Doubt it was Rob who vetoed it.

We really don't know how close there were. Some reports said they were on the one yard line. Some said they were still in the general discussion phase. I am dubious if the bloggers pushing out all the rumors about this stuff know anything.

As far as "the Lakers tax," I don't think it exist. I think that's just a conspiracy theory that Lakers fans love because they love to imagine the whole world is conspiring against them. It really makes no sense to think GMs around the league are consistently taking lesser offers rather than make trades with the Lakers.

That said, I think GMs are smart enough to see Rob is either a poor negotiator and/or is consistently in a position where he feels he has to make a trade and they push that advantage.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:35 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Palin wrote:
Halflife wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:
Halflife wrote:

Quote:

It's like 1 poster. VLF.

We really don't know how close there were. Some reports said they were on the one yard line. Some said they were still in the general discussion phase. I am dubious if the bloggers pushing out all the rumors about this stuff know anything.

As far as "the Lakers tax," I don't think it exist. I think that's just a conspiracy theory that Lakers fans love because they love to imagine the whole world is conspiring against them. It really makes no sense to think GMs around the league are consistently taking lesser offers rather than make trades with the Lakers.

That said, I think GMs are smart enough to see Rob is either a poor negotiator and/or is consistently in a position where he feels he has to make a trade and they push that advantage.

He was the agent of one of the most intelligent players to play the game... and one of the other most intelligent players of the game signed off on him staying for an extension.

It's not that he's a poor negotiator... it's clearly he's consistently in a position where he feels he has to make the trade and they push that advantage.

Unless you think it's Rob's electric personality that has fooled both Kobe and LeBron into keeping him around.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:44 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:

epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:47 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/ClutchPointsApp/status/1622692985547722770

Windy: "He's has never given this kind of slack to Miami. He's never given this kind of slack to Cleveland either time. But the Lakers, they get the slack."

Lakers exceptionalism
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:48 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
https://twitter.com/ClutchPointsApp/status/1622692985547722770

Windy: "He's has never given this kind of slack to Miami. He's never given this kind of slack to Cleveland either time. But the Lakers, they get the slack."

Lakers exceptionalism

According to riley IIRC- Bron wanted Spoelstra fired

He disliked Clevelands owner.

LA is it. Living in Brentwood is a good life.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1900, 1901, 1902 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1901 of 2079
Jump to: