The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1834, 1835, 1836 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:55 pm    Post subject:

19 points in 11 mins = cooked
Lol…
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:58 pm    Post subject:

Every year, the Lebron haters get disappointed again.

At this rate, he's going to play until he's 50!!

People just don't want to accept that Lebron isn't normal so aging should also be abnormal with him.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:40 pm    Post subject:

Bron looked good. He always does when healthy.

Question will be can we bottle this guy up and keep him in the same form all the way into May and June. That's a tall order especially because we don't have a ton of depth on the wing other than Reaves.
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:20 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
He’s cooked. He’ll still have some LBJ games but he’ll he guy-guy he once was can only really exist for a handful of minutes each game - let alone a few games in a series.

Dark days ahead.

Why do you think he declined so fast? Was it the Solomon Hill ankle injury? Prior to that, he was playing at an MVP level in the 2020-2021 season. And the season before that, he led us to a championship.

Huh? Last season offensively was one of his best seasons in years. That was his best regular season as a Laker offensively…
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:25 pm    Post subject:

If by cooked people mean he's not the #1 player in the world and instead is #4-6 (in year TWENTY).... then sure, guy is cooked.
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:25 pm    Post subject:

LeBron is cooked they say after one preseason game
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:38 am    Post subject:

2 questions

Health
Fatigue

Those are his enemies at this point
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:04 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
If by cooked people mean he's not the #1 player in the world and instead is #4-6 (in year TWENTY).... then sure, guy is cooked.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:18 am    Post subject:

He started at the 4 in this one. No 2 Centers lineup. The Lakers played small. Sure, Lebron is going to get his no matter what, but at this stage of his career when we can get him mismatches at the 4/5 that is when he is going to be able to score with the most ease/comfort. When he is at the 3 with 2 Centers, the spacing is just vastly different, especially when you play good/solid defensive teams.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:30 am    Post subject:

LeRejuvenated (every other games)
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:09 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
He started at the 4 in this one. No 2 Centers lineup. The Lakers played small. Sure, Lebron is going to get his no matter what, but at this stage of his career when we can get him mismatches at the 4/5 that is when he is going to be able to score with the most ease/comfort. When he is at the 3 with 2 Centers, the spacing is just vastly different, especially when you play good/solid defensive teams.

This. So either have a 5 who can space as well and have AD guard big scoring wings or play him at the 4 and AD at the 5.
I prefer the later with a combo or Reaves and JTA at the 3. Think the lakers can cobble together effective reserve min from Bryant, Jones, Gabriel at the 4/5. They can also put minutes in when AD is out.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:22 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:

Awesome! Since he is the #6 player in the world we should all alter our expectations. If still so impactful we should not be speculating that this team is play-in quality. We are apparently contenders.

The game to game hyperbole is exhausting. What James is accomplishing at his age is amazing. Still a force to be reckoned with. But can we agree he is not the same James that won Championships?

He will have some dominant moments, he will have some lapses. He will show amazing athleticism on his monster dunks, and he will stand around guarding no one at times.

He is what he is. A GOAT candidate holding on to his last couple years. If you have watched the NBA for decades, you have seen this show multiple times.

How you judge his games or moments in games is based on your own expectations of performance or competitiveness. We can bask in his awesomeness after 20 years or be annoyed by his lapses. It is the same player. We see what reinforces our beliefs.

Same can be stated for many players. As an example, when arguing about WB do you see the athletic drive to the basket or made 3pt or the airballed FT or careless TO.

The only question “should” be is it winning basketball?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:57 am    Post subject:

ZeroDark30_ wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
He’s cooked. He’ll still have some LBJ games but he’ll he guy-guy he once was can only really exist for a handful of minutes each game - let alone a few games in a series.

Dark days ahead.

Why do you think he declined so fast? Was it the Solomon Hill ankle injury? Prior to that, he was playing at an MVP level in the 2020-2021 season. And the season before that, he led us to a championship.

Huh? Last season offensively was one of his best seasons in years. That was his best regular season as a Laker offensively…

So he was half good? He wasn’t an above average defender last season and the small nagging injuries now take 3-4 games to heal instead of one. His overall metrics have declined steadily the past few seasons. And I’ve said before, if you rank his top 4-5 seasons none will be as a Laker. But he has cool counting stats so that is what some rely on. He isn’t done but a 6-10 ranking of the top players is accurate.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:26 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
It's always best to define words, especially in this day and age when people think they can choose their own meaning of a word.
I always took "cooked" to mean "bad." Meaning if you're saying Lebron is cooked, "he's bad" at basketball.

Some people seem to think "cooked" means a player is no longer at their prime.

How do you guys use "cooked" when describing a basketball player? hahaha.

🤔 I always thought a person was “Cooked” when this happens…

MUAH

And I already know my interpretation will get these type of responses, so I already provided y’all with a link 😉…

https://gfycat.com/likelybasicjay
bluehill
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:31 am    Post subject:

LeBron is definitely not cooked when it comes to his salary. That extension will help him when he leads his syndicate in bidding for the LV expansion team.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:34 am    Post subject:

I think with LBJ's age, he will have flashes like last night but then he may miss 5 games afterwards. I remember that Nets game, he went vintage LBJ but then he had knee fluid issues after that (I was so mad as we went to the 76ers game to see him but he was out). I think he missed the next few games after the Warriors one too.

He has to pace himself and take it easy or else he will just miss too many games.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:49 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I think with LBJ's age, he will have flashes like last night but then he may miss 5 games afterwards. I remember that Nets game, he went vintage LBJ but then he had knee fluid issues after that (I was so mad as we went to the 76ers game to see him but he was out). I think he missed the next few games after the Warriors one too.

He has to pace himself and take it easy or else he will just miss too many games.

When did “ take it easy” work it’s way into the job description of an NBA player? Especially one identified as a top 10 player, earning $40m a yr and the focal point of a team.

I do agree with your overall assessment though. Good efforts followed by lingering pain for the next few games.

What he is accomplishing is remarkable. Just not sustainable for a team with competitive aspirations. IMO
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:58 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

When did “ take it easy” work it’s way into the job description of an NBA player? Especially one identified as a top 10 player, earning $40m a yr and the focal point of a team.

I do agree with your overall assessment though. Good efforts followed by lingering pain for the next few games.

What he is accomplishing is remarkable. Just not sustainable for a team with competitive aspirations. IMO

Same thing that happened with Kobe later in his career. We don't need the spectacular dunks and things that will hurt older players. Same for LBJ. He doesn't have to try to play like a 20 year old version of himself.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:08 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Every year, the Lebron haters get disappointed again.

At this rate, he's going to play until he's 50!!

People just don't want to accept that Lebron isn't normal so aging should also be abnormal with him.

He might actually. He is incredibly fit and knows how to pace himself, maybe guys like Steph and KD retire before him

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:50 pm    Post subject:

Lebron with fresh legs is still one of the best. Just a matter of managing fatigue and injury
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:36 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Same thing that happened with Kobe later in his career. We don't need the spectacular dunks and things that will hurt older players. Same for LBJ. He doesn't have to try to play like a 20 year old version of himself.

LBJ should definitely not dunk anymore.
Not good for the knees.

From him at his age we need more of an all around game. Like a steady 24/4/4 (which is still a ridiculous stat line)
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:00 am    Post subject:

Still cooked I say. Laugh now, LeDisappointment is inevitable.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:06 am    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
Still cooked I say. Laugh now, LeDisappointment is inevitable.

There's much more confusion than laughter.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:58 pm    Post subject:

Damn Bron! On your moms tho? I get it tho!

https://twitter.com/uninterrupted/status/1578428472002633731

Btw, they also talk about Dray’s wedding in this episode. Interesting timing 🤔

Also LeGM is out here working….

https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/status/1578220159629524993
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:49 pm    Post subject:

We absolutely must keep LeBron to 32-33 minutes a game in the regular season from now on, along with letting Nunn/Russ/DS and even Reaves push the ball and run the break to preserve LeBron and keep him fresh for the playoffs, if not extend his prime.

It's also one of the 12,705 reasons we need a solid two-way backup 4 so we can get away with lowering LeBron's minutes without sacrificing wins or overall production.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1834, 1835, 1836 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next
Page 1835 of 2082
Jump to: