The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1833, 1834, 1835 ... 2087, 2088, 2089  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:15 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
He’s cooked. He’ll still have some LBJ games but he’ll he guy-guy he once was can only really exist for a handful of minutes each game - let alone a few games in a series.

Dark days ahead.

After one pre-season game? You must have been waiting for an opportunity like this all last year to jump on Lebron but there probably wasn't any. I feel bad for the Lebron haters waiting so long for an opportunity to flame him.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:18 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
He’s cooked. He’ll still have some LBJ games but he’ll he guy-guy he once was can only really exist for a handful of minutes each game - let alone a few games in a series.

Based on the first preseason game? Lol.

As a reminder the guy averaged 30.3/8.2/6.2/1.3/1.1 on 52/36/76 percentages last season.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:33 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:

Dark days ahead.

Lebron played at an MVP level last year when he was able to play. The issue was injuries. I am sure he will continue to have an age-related decline. That said, if he is able to stay healthy, I don't see why he won't continue to be one of the better players in the league.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:41 pm    Post subject:

LeRust + LeCoast is always an ugly sight in preseason games. He's fine, although yeah I expect him to be a little worse than last year.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:29 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
LeRust + LeCoast is always an ugly sight in preseason games. He's fine, although yeah I expect him to be a little worse than last year.

I expect his production to drop if AD stays healthy.
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:04 pm    Post subject:

When players fall off, they can fall off fast. I don't think he's done at all, but I acknowledge the reality that it could happen at any time. It will happen at some point.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:58 pm    Post subject:

Lebron looks like he's LeTired
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:37 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Cutheon wrote:

Dark days ahead.

After one pre-season game? You must have been waiting for an opportunity like this all last year to jump on Lebron but there probably wasn't any. I feel bad for the Lebron haters waiting so long for an opportunity to flame him.

I wouldn’t say that he is cooked but I’ve said the past few years, none of his better seasons have been in a Laker uniform. 2019-2020 is the closest but he had a 4 month vacation in the middle of that season.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:25 pm    Post subject:

Lebron will be able to score in significant numbers for a few more years. It’s just that he can only take over here and there against quality defense, and he can only give you elite defense about half of that amount.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:24 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:

As we get older, we need more naps

wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:30 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Lebron will be able to score in significant numbers for a few more years. It’s just that he can only take over here and there against quality defense, and he can only give you elite defense about half of that amount.

Agreed. He relies heavily on the 3 ball now and part of the reason Pelinka got hoodwinked into dealing for a PG is that he was probably aware (via Klutch) that Bron needed to get easier scores off. The idea was for the PG to allow Lebron to coast.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:32 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:

Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:16 pm    Post subject:

I feel like cooked was fair from my perspective. LeBron's "cooked" will always look a helluva a lot more impressive statistically than most players. We probably won't see him look like Kobe in his final years. But what I meant - and what I stand by - is that LeBron cannot be "LeBron" any more. Not for more than a handful of minutes a game, maybe for a handful of games a year.

He'll put up numbers, as always, but the impact and ability to single handedly drag a team to a win is gone. He simply cannot tap into the energy it takes to do that and expect to survive an 82-game plus season. So, sure, he'll have some pearly numbers, but that's all they are -- just numbers.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:25 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
I feel like cooked was fair from my perspective. LeBron's "cooked" will always look a helluva a lot more impressive statistically than most players. We probably won't see him look like Kobe in his final years. But what I meant - and what I stand by - is that LeBron cannot be "LeBron" any more. Not for more than a handful of minutes a game, maybe for a handful of games a year.

He'll put up numbers, as always, but the impact and ability to single handedly drag a team to a win is gone. He simply cannot tap into the energy it takes to do that and expect to survive an 82-game plus season. So, sure, he'll have some pearly numbers, but that's all they are -- just numbers.

Not being able to carry a team like he did in the past = cooked.
That's an interesting way to define it.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:42 pm    Post subject:

Any perspective of whether he is “ cooked” pretty much depends on one’s expectations.

If you expect James to be the same driving force that leads by example on both ends of the court for a competitive contending team, he is cooked.

If you expect him to control the ball and still jack up 20+fga and 8 3pa while saving himself on defense for the sake of the circus over the team, then he isn’t cooked.

Going to be interesting to see how James approaches the season and more importantly what results the Lakers will achieve.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:59 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Cutheon wrote:

Hell never be cooked for nba standards but he is cooked from the “undisputed best in the world” standards. He’s still good enough to be a key contributor on a title team but he’s too old now to be the driving force behind it all.

Father Time comes for us all. But who knows what could happen this season…just gotta push on.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:59 pm    Post subject:

Wow, Lebron is "cooked" after one meaningless preseason game. LOL.

Duh, did you happen to watch him play last season?
Did you see that he basically led the entire NBA in scoring (came is second by a hair)? Did you see all his amazing highlight plays and dunks that were in the top few best in the entire league at 37 years old? That's the "cooked" guy?

Let's not get carried away. Lebron uses the offseason to get in shape, to get lean and then resumes his basketball game as the preseason and season starts.

But to think he is "cooked" after one preseason game he barely even played in is hilarious....

Let's give the guy a little more credit than that....
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:05 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Cutheon wrote:

I mean . . . what do you want from LeBron? To enjoy him scoring 20 points a game while we lose a bunch? Or to lead us to a ring? I don't watch the game to enjoy his individual accolades, I want to see my team win a ring.

I don't think he is physically capable of doing that anymore: defensively, he's uninspired. His legs go quick, so his jay falters late. He can't drive non-stop, so he settles a lot. Of course he's still effective, he's a gigantic and supremely skilled ball player.

But he's not "LeBron." He's just a guy who looks remarkably like LeBron.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:09 pm    Post subject:

It's always best to define words, especially in this day and age when people think they can choose their own meaning of a word.
I always took "cooked" to mean "bad." Meaning if you're saying Lebron is cooked, "he's bad" at basketball.

Some people seem to think "cooked" means a player is no longer at their prime.

How do you guys use "cooked" when describing a basketball player? hahaha.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:10 pm    Post subject:

As a poster above said, it comes down to expectations. You wanna enjoy a nice statline or two, see some nice highlights? Of course he isn't cooked.

But if you expect superstar, best player in the NBA . . . he's done IMO. I know he LeCoasts, but LeTurningitOn becomes more and more improbable with each passing year. And he only has so much to tap into at this point in his career. And when he goes hard . . . a little injury here, a little injury there.

Personally, I think the writing is on the wall. This is Shaq circa the big toe injury. Was he cooked as far as putting up a nice 20/10? No. Was he cooked in terms of leading a team to a ring? Yeah, he was.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:13 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
It's always best to define words, especially in this day and age when people think they can choose their own meaning of a word.
I always took "cooked" to mean "bad." Meaning if you're saying Lebron is cooked, "he's bad" at basketball.

I've always taken cooked as -- not at all what he once was, essentially done, not worth the investment anymore.

That's where I'm at with LeBron. Our window closed in 2021, right around when Solomon Hill ran into his ankle.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:17 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Cutheon wrote:

Dark days ahead.

Why do you think he declined so fast? Was it the Solomon Hill ankle injury? Prior to that, he was playing at an MVP level in the 2020-2021 season. And the season before that, he led us to a championship.

Most definitely. Think of it like your iphone battery. It starts out as 100% strength. It dwindles as you use it, but when you charge it up, it goes back to 100%. However, over time, the battery itself starts to die. It's about as 80% effective as it once was. Naturally, you don't see that when you charge it - it still reads out as fully charged -- but you notice it doesn't last as long, it drains quickly, etc. Because the battery itself is lesser.

That injury took LBJ's battery life from ~90% to like 75. So even when he's fully charged and going hard . . he just doesn't have that extra-extra gear. He drains quicker now, too. Takes longer to get going. And tapping into that core is costlier and costlier, bringing down that 75 to 74, 73, and so on and so forth.

LeBron just bamboozles people cuz he's such a physical freak and he's so (bleep) talented that his 75% is still better than 99% of the league.

But in the NBA, and with the team we have, we need LeBron to better than 100% of the league. I just don't see him having that anymore.

And FWIW, this isn't about one preseason game. I'm projecting forward. For those who think he's got a lot left . . . are you thinking for tomorrow's game, or for 5 months and another ~2000 NBA minutes from now?
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:16 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
epic_ wrote:

I've always taken cooked as -- not at all what he once was, essentially done, not worth the investment anymore.

That's where I'm at with LeBron. Our window closed in 2021, right around when Solomon Hill ran into his ankle.

For sure. That ankle injury looked really really bad upon first viewing. I couldn’t believe his leg wasn’t completely destroyed after that. Solomon Hill might’ve ruined Lebrons last chance at leading us to a ring smh.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:26 pm    Post subject:

Lebron is Cooking tonight.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:36 pm    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
Lebron is Cooking tonight.

💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1833, 1834, 1835 ... 2087, 2088, 2089  Next
Page 1834 of 2089
Jump to: