The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1822, 1823, 1824 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:02 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
Lebron playing point for us was a thing of beauty.

Why did we end it?

Yeah. Never understood why

It seems he pushed back against it. Sort of like how Davis bristles at playing C. You could argue the desire to get another ball handler in order to relieve LeBron of this duty has ruined the team. It led to the Shroeder and Westbrook trades which cost us 2 1sts and our elite defense. And, of course, we still don’t have a decent ball handler next to Lebron to show for it.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:40 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
danzag wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:

Why did we end it?

It seems he pushed back against it. Sort of like how Davis bristles at playing C. You could argue the desire to get another ball handler in order to relieve LeBron of this duty has ruined the team. It led to the Shroeder and Westbrook trades which cost us 2 1sts and our elite defense. And, of course, we still don’t have a decent ball handler next to Lebron to show for it.

I blame Vogel a lot for this, not Lebron. If they could put together any semblance of an offense that wasn't Lebronball, even when Lebron would sit, then there wouldn't be such a thirst over a secondary ballhandler.

He had no plan on offense besides ISO'ing AD (yuck), ISO'ing Lebron, or transition.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:44 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
danzag wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:

Why did we end it?

Right now LeBron technically isn't our ball handler and is still working as hard as ever.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:14 pm    Post subject:

Back in the lab, hoping to catch our ops with this fade!

https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/status/1551762291535753216
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:11 pm    Post subject:

Lebron looks like he's still 28 in that Drew League game. How can any Laker fan hate him? A lot of players say they're hyper competitive but Lebron doesn't say it. He shows it. He takes his job very seriously every year and stays in the best shape. I feel like the Lakers have really let him down because he's always bringing it every season. He's been to 10 NBA Finals so if we don't make the NBA Finals this year, then it's obviously on us. Not on him.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:14 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Lebron looks like he's still 28 in that Drew League game. How can any Laker fan hate him? A lot of players say they're hyper competitive but Lebron doesn't say it. He shows it. He takes his job very seriously every year and stays in the best shape. I feel like the Lakers have really let him down because he's always bringing it every season. He's been to 10 NBA Finals so if we don't make the NBA Finals this year, then it's obviously on us. Not on him.

Good Lord! Nah, I'll stick to blaming the actual players when the team under-performs....starting with the so-called "leader".
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:23 am    Post subject:

Would Klutch and Lebron be slick enough to tell Jeanie if she doesn’t ship out the 2027 and 2029 picks to get rid of Russ and get Kyrie, he needs those picks to be used to get Bronie in the draft before he reups as a free agent?
King Kleazy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:05 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:

Lebron’s on court game has never really been a problem, outside of the reliance of “bron ball” offense. I’m tired of hearing how they lakers have wasted a year of his career, when you consider they’ll depleted damn near every asset to give him AD (who can barely stay on the court) & russ ( who’s game was obviously in the same spaces as bron) WHO HE recruited! Not to mention 2/3 of the trio was dinged up quite often causing our depleted roster to look weaker.

Now you can reply with he’s not the GM, and you’d be correct that both Rob and Jeanie deserve their fair share, but we’re not gonna sit here and play the hands off Lebron game. He has for years held quite a bit of influence on GM decisions, some good, some horrible.

I get tired of hearing the one sided takes on pro laker / pro Bron posters when it’s perfectly ok to blame each for their parts. For those that want to move those picks, be here to stand on the results of doing so….as should those against it.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:26 pm    Post subject:

Bronny starting to break out... The kid can shoot.

governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:43 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:

He’s eligible 2024? Do we have a FRP or gotta wait for Pels to decide?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:10 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:

Funny that they never miss in highlight videos
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:23 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:

Breakout is probably a little strong. From what I’ve read, he’s considered a strong defender at the high school level, a willing passer, and a solid long-distance shooter, though he has a slow release.

Right now, his name is bigger than his game. If he wasn't Lebron's son, he wouldn't be getting any notice for his actual court performance. He is currently ranked as the 60th best high school player in the country, and the highest he's been ranked was 29th. He's only a four-star prospect.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:24 am    Post subject:

Sierra Canyon has a couple of McDonalds all Americans, Bronny isn’t one of the top players on that team.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:49 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/vinouncorked/status/1553074158120189952?s=21&t=W_2beuaLI1S2hnwaZ0Yvnw

Thank you Bron. This is what you should be saying all the time to give yourself a better team.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:30 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
https://twitter.com/vinouncorked/status/1553074158120189952?s=21&t=W_2beuaLI1S2hnwaZ0Yvnw

Thank you Bron. This is what you should be saying all the time to give yourself a better team.

That’s big of you bro. I would wait tho, in thanking him.

I know it’s going to be Hard in giving up all that max money, but if Bron really wants to come thru for us in the klutch, I’m hoping he’s more about being about it than just talking about it cause #Talki$cheap

Quote:
Harden’s longtime business manager and NBPA-certified agent Lorenzo McCloud, who has a long-standing relationship with Daryl Morey and 76ers ownership, handled the negotiations for the deal. McCloud also helped orchestrate Harden’s move from Houston to Brooklyn in 2021 and then from Brooklyn to Philadelphia in 2022. The 32-year-old former college basketball player is originally from South Central, Los Angeles. He has experience working under former agent and current Lakers executive Rob Pelinka, who represented Harden and many other high-profile players.

The final deal is a two-year, $68.64 million deal with a player option for the second season, USA TODAY Sports Media Group’s For The Win has since confirmed. Harden will earn $33 million next season, and if he opts into his second season, he will earn an 8 percent raise to $35.64 million. – via Bryan Kalbrosky @ For The Win

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:47 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

I know it’s going to be Hard in giving up all that max money, but if Bron really wants to come thru for us in the klutch, I’m hoping he’s more about being about it than just talking about it cause #Talki$cheap

Quote:
Harden’s longtime business manager and NBPA-certified agent Lorenzo McCloud, who has a long-standing relationship with Daryl Morey and 76ers ownership, handled the negotiations for the deal. McCloud also helped orchestrate Harden’s move from Houston to Brooklyn in 2021 and then from Brooklyn to Philadelphia in 2022. The 32-year-old former college basketball player is originally from South Central, Los Angeles. He has experience working under former agent and current Lakers executive Rob Pelinka, who represented Harden and many other high-profile players.

The final deal is a two-year, $68.64 million deal with a player option for the second season, USA TODAY Sports Media Group’s For The Win has since confirmed. Harden will earn $33 million next season, and if he opts into his second season, he will earn an 8 percent raise to $35.64 million. – via Bryan Kalbrosky @ For The Win

And if I'm LBJ, the paycut better lead to a tangible action, i.e. Harden's 1 year paycut leading to the 76ers getting the full MLE and getting Tucker.

If LBJ takes that cut and the Lakers basically try to cost save, that will not end well.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:55 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Quote:

And if I'm LBJ, the paycut better lead to a tangible action, i.e. Harden's 1 year paycut leading to the 76ers getting the full MLE and getting Tucker.

If LBJ takes that cut and the Lakers basically try to cost save, that will not end well.

Bron’s already witnessed when #Talki$cheap goes terribully wrong.

Quote:
“We have an insatiable desire and passion to bring banner No. 18 here and we’re excited about the work we’re gonna commence tomorrow to get that done for our fans and for the organization.”

#insatiabull #B$
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:13 am    Post subject:

Bron was one of the primary architects of last year’s team. That doesn’t absolve Pelinka or Jeanie from giving him that authority. But as a practical matter, he’s excellent in the locker room and horrible in the board room. At a time when the issues are most complex, and decisions will impact the team’s competitive viability for years to come, LeBron’s track record is poor.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:10 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Quote:

I have to take Lebron’s side on this, he has earned the money he should be paid. As Kobe said, building a team is on the FO, not the players.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:27 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Quote:

I have to take Lebron’s side on this, he has earned the money he should be paid. As Kobe said, building a team is on the FO, not the players.

Bron took a paycut so that the HEAT could sign Mike Miller . . . then the HEAT amnesteyed Miller to save on luxury taxes and Bron was like "F Miami" and peaced out after his contract expired.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:32 pm    Post subject:

There is an interesting intersection of on-court value and brand value that late career stars have. Lebron the brand is clearly worth his max extension, and there is no franchise poised to capitalize on that more than the Lakers. Kobe wad a different case in many ways, but we saw that with KFT.

Lebron wants his money and to be competitive. That requires he outperform his age/mileage by a large amount, ownership to Lacomb the cap, and management making shrewd moves. I'm not sure any of those three things are on the table (Lebron out performing has the best chance, but he had a number of mileage injuries last year and has been generally slow to heal as a Laker).

Bron could solve the ownership spending issue by taking less, but it's not really his responsibility to do so.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:40 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
There is an interesting intersection of on-court value and brand value that late career stars have. Lebron the brand is clearly worth his max extension, and there is no franchise poised to capitalize on that more than the Lakers. Kobe wad a different case in many ways, but we saw that with KFT.

Lebron wants his money and to be competitive. That requires he outperform his age/mileage by a large amount, ownership to Lacomb the cap, and management making shrewd moves. I'm not sure any of those three things are on the table (Lebron out performing has the best chance, but he had a number of mileage injuries last year and has been generally slow to heal as a Laker).

Bron could solve the ownership spending issue by taking less, but it's not really his responsibility to do so.

The key point you missed was "other players stepping up."

We don't know whether the Schroeder/Trezz moves were shrewd or not because of AD's drop off and injuries in 20-21. As bad as the WB move smelled in 21-22, AD missed 42 games and Nunn missed them all.

Injuries are a part of the game . . . but they're the least controllable part. The one truism in Sports is that the healthiest talented team generally wins.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:06 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
danzag wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:

Why did we end it?

Recall saying after we moved Danny that we were hurting team chemistry and size. Then we also let Javale go, who has turned out to be a solid 15 mpg big in the NBA. We made a lot of mistakes - letting a big wing like Green go for a small, then McGee who fit in well in RS, then we sort of just kept ridding our supporting pieces. The title team never even got a chance at defending or playing a season together after winning, which is rare you see happen.

Even today - at their current ages. If you just replace Danny Green with a full MLE big wing, then with the talent they had, McGee/AD/Bron/KCP/Caruso + Kuzma, 2 FRPs and THT you're sitting in a spot where you can have championship level D and make moves using Kuz/2FRPs/THT.

All leads back to Pelinka, IMO. He is not good at roster building. 4 out of 5 years he is going to have Lebron and not be in a good spot.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:41 pm    Post subject:

Yeah on 2nd thought…Bron take the money!

We dont need another tamper charge on our hands haha

Quote:
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn

ESPN Sources: The NBA has opened an investigation into the Philadelphia 76ers for possible tampering and early contact centered on franchise’s summer free agency class of James Harden, P.J. Tucker and Danuel House. Sixers have begun cooperating with league on probe. Story soon.

NBA's expected to pursue circumstances surrounding Harden declining $47M option to sign a 1+1 deal that cut salary to $33M and gave team more flexibility to sign Tucker and House. Some have wondered if another deal was already in place for future -- which is against CBA rules.

mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:24 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

One thing I genuinely believe is that Bron LOVEs LA, and I mean who can blame him? We all do.
He enjoys everything here while his business is thriving. The attention he got is unmatched, even in a down year for the Lakers. I don’t think ring chasing with another team helps him one way or another in terms of his legacy. He looked so happy since signing with us back in 2018. Get the Kareem record, play with Brony a year and call it a career
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1822, 1823, 1824 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1823 of 2079
Jump to: