The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1660, 1661, 1662 ... 2098, 2099, 2100  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Request a trade to the Cavs please

Enticing, if we were talking a younger Lebron. Fits the opportunistic, young players and assets situation.

But I think he’s staying cuz LA.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:17 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:

Enticing, if we were talking a younger Lebron. Fits the opportunistic, young players and assets situation.

Agree

Now that the window is closed I want him outta here
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:23 pm    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:

Agree

lakers don't force out superstars unless they want to leave on their own. that's how we keep getting super stars. if lebron wants to play for the lakers, we let him play.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:24 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:

Agree

lakers don't force out superstars unless they want to leave on their own. that's how we keep getting super stars. if lebron wants to play for the lakers, we let him play.

That’s why I said request a trade and not trade him
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:37 pm    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:

Agree

That’s why I said request a trade and not trade him

Lebron is not going to request a trade because it would look bad for him, and he is basically setting up for retirement now with his family and everything in LA. even if he doesn't win another ring, he will be top 2 regardless. what he has left is basically kareem's record and maybe play with Bronny.
i hope he can take 10-15 mil less if he wants to play another year or 2 so we can chase someone like Beal in 2023.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:42 pm    Post subject:

I care as much about seeing LeBron playing with Bronny as I do watching a Space Jam 3

I'm sick of what he's done to this team in terms of personnel.

I can't wait until he's gone so I can at least enjoy Reaves and Monk.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:48 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
Snipes wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:
Bron has dumbfounded me. he's playing INSANE for a guy with nearly 20 years of NBA mileage, he's arguably a basketball savant, yet he nearly single highhandedly sabotaged his end of career legacy by pushing for the Westbrook trade.

i mean a guy as smart as Lebron couldn't see that WB was NOT what he needed to get to the mountain top at least one more time? that Russ's stats were fools gold?

It’s pretty obvious imo.

Lebron - possibly the greatest player of all time. Debate this or that, but everyone can admit he’s in that conversation.

LeGM - one of the worst in the game. Doesn’t even know what asset management is and it’s the reason he has sabotaged the end of his career. Hard to keep up with Steph and KD when they allow their respective organization to maneuver with the assets.

GS and Nets have set themselves up well for a 2-4 year run here.

GS is gonna pay what, $280M in taxes these last two seasons? Nets being large payers as well. Houston allowed Harden to go where he wanted as a thank you, taking less value than they could've received elsewhere. But KD and Steph get an attaboy... lol give me a damn break

Before you respond next, go take a look at the transactions and asset management those 2 teams made. I’ll give you a hint: it was before February of 2020.

The only break was the lottery picks for GS because of Klay and Steph long-term injuries. At least they had the lottery picks, if day to Davis misses the entire season that nice pick will be in the Pels hands.

Let’s also see how bad the Lakers strike out on trades because LeGM said (bleep) the first round pick just give it to the wizards for a negative contract.

Go look into it…it’s all available and documented.

GS drafted Klay and Steph and DG, of course they are going to have assets, they compounded that by tanking a year.
we didn't draft Lebron and had to trade to AD, and that's quite different.
before any of the "young core" guys start, no, they are not as good or even close to the Warriors young core.
even with all that, the owners of the warriors are willing to pay 174 mil tax just for this year, and even crazier next year to compete. if Jeanie wanted to compete, she'd resigned AC and even resigned DS as a trade piece. the single biggest reason we couldn't make a run at CP3 is because we didn't have contracts to match the numbers.

Nah. Piss poor asset management always happens with Klutch.

Lakers had assets, even after the AD trade. They had plenty of assets pre-Lebron too that they wasted in their chase of dating and marrying Klutch.

Remember when we traded Lonzo + Ingram
For a guy we could have gotten in free agency for free a year later? Yeah Klutch and Lebron have a history of going all out and
gutting a franchise for years to come. Don’t know why people make an excuse for this. Thank god we got that ring.

Just like how they waited and got PG13 and Kawhi for free...

The FO/Klutch has supplied plenty to complain about but not waiting for AD isn't one of them at all imo. You could absolutely make a very valid case we traded too much which I personally don't agree with but I at least fully understand that angle.

PG didn’t come because we got Lebron. He didn’t want to play with him so he stayed in OKC. Kawhi also did not want to play with Bron. Apparently AD did + the Klutch connection. Overpaid is an understatement. How the Pelicans pulled that off with AD free agency upcoming was a miracle. We really shat the bed and gave into the Lebron pressure of “I’m old we must win now.”
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:52 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
hype wrote:
Snipes wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:
Bron has dumbfounded me. he's playing INSANE for a guy with nearly 20 years of NBA mileage, he's arguably a basketball savant, yet he nearly single highhandedly sabotaged his end of career legacy by pushing for the Westbrook trade.

i mean a guy as smart as Lebron couldn't see that WB was NOT what he needed to get to the mountain top at least one more time? that Russ's stats were fools gold?

It’s pretty obvious imo.

Lebron - possibly the greatest player of all time. Debate this or that, but everyone can admit he’s in that conversation.

LeGM - one of the worst in the game. Doesn’t even know what asset management is and it’s the reason he has sabotaged the end of his career. Hard to keep up with Steph and KD when they allow their respective organization to maneuver with the assets.

GS and Nets have set themselves up well for a 2-4 year run here.

GS is gonna pay what, $280M in taxes these last two seasons? Nets being large payers as well. Houston allowed Harden to go where he wanted as a thank you, taking less value than they could've received elsewhere. But KD and Steph get an attaboy... lol give me a damn break

Before you respond next, go take a look at the transactions and asset management those 2 teams made. I’ll give you a hint: it was before February of 2020.

The only break was the lottery picks for GS because of Klay and Steph long-term injuries. At least they had the lottery picks, if day to Davis misses the entire season that nice pick will be in the Pels hands.

Let’s also see how bad the Lakers strike out on trades because LeGM said (bleep) the first round pick just give it to the wizards for a negative contract.

Go look into it…it’s all available and documented.

GS drafted Klay and Steph and DG, of course they are going to have assets, they compounded that by tanking a year.
we didn't draft Lebron and had to trade to AD, and that's quite different.
before any of the "young core" guys start, no, they are not as good or even close to the Warriors young core.
even with all that, the owners of the warriors are willing to pay 174 mil tax just for this year, and even crazier next year to compete. if Jeanie wanted to compete, she'd resigned AC and even resigned DS as a trade piece. the single biggest reason we couldn't make a run at CP3 is because we didn't have contracts to match the numbers.

Nah. Piss poor asset management always happens with Klutch.

Lakers had assets, even after the AD trade. They had plenty of assets pre-Lebron too that they wasted in their chase of dating and marrying Klutch.

Remember when we traded Lonzo + Ingram
For a guy we could have gotten in free agency for free a year later? Yeah Klutch and Lebron have a history of going all out and
gutting a franchise for years to come. Don’t know why people make an excuse for this. Thank god we got that ring.

Just like how they waited and got PG13 and Kawhi for free...

The FO/Klutch has supplied plenty to complain about but not waiting for AD isn't one of them at all imo. You could absolutely make a very valid case we traded too much which I personally don't agree with but I at least fully understand that angle.

PG didn’t come because we got Lebron. He didn’t want to play with him so he stayed in OKC. Kawhi also did not want to play with Bron. Apparently AD did + the Klutch connection. Overpaid is an understatement. How the Pelicans pulled that off with AD free agency upcoming was a miracle. We really shat the bed and gave into the Lebron pressure of “I’m old we must win now.”

how do you know AD won't get injured like last year? the point was the make a move so Lebron had an extra year of window. if you look back at it, it worked as planned.
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Great player love what he did bringing a chip after years of being irrelevant.

But we ain't going anywhere with this squad. Blow it up. Send him to some contender or whatever.

Send AD's ass as well.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:48 pm    Post subject:

TMG wrote:

But we ain't going anywhere with this squad. Blow it up. Send him to some contender or whatever.

Send AD's ass as well.

Maybe cuz I’m frustrated with the game but i agree. Even with AD back we are a first round exit at best…so what’s the point? Trade Lebron and AD, squeeze what value you can out of them and start the rebuild early. Let Russ command the tank.

AD misses a good portion of the season every year and Lebron is too old now to be the best player on a title contending team. It would never happen but it would be the best for us.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:56 am    Post subject:

TMG wrote:

Send AD's ass as well.

I agree 100%.
We won a chip. Great. I would make that trades again any day of the week.
But now its time to start to build again.
LBJ is great player but he needs good players around him. He can do it alone.
AD is just injury prone glass made player. You cant build around him.
I would move both of them without thinking much.
Bring some picks, young guys if possible.
We have to get rid off this weight called Lebron James and necessity to build team for him to win. This is not how you run NBA franchise.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:12 am    Post subject:

Sometimes as humans we make things up in our mind and act like we forgot that we made it up.

I don’t believe LeBron bullies Pelinka or Jeannie into doing anything they didn’t want to do. Maybe he did maybe he didn’t but I don’t believe it. And the fact is nobody really knows.

Said that to say I’m sick of hearing that LeBron is the GM. The dude is balling out, the teams sucks and as far as we can see facts from his play it is not his fault. Doesn’t make it ok, it’s somebody’s fault, let’s find that mfker and hold them accountable instead of whining about LeBron.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:44 am    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
Sometimes as humans we make things up in our mind and act like we forgot that we made it up.

I don’t believe LeBron bullies Pelinka or Jeannie into doing anything they didn’t want to do. Maybe he did maybe he didn’t but I don’t believe it. And the fact is nobody really knows.

Said that to say I’m sick of hearing that LeBron is the GM. The dude is balling out, the teams sucks and as far as we can see facts from his play it is not his fault. Doesn’t make it ok, it’s somebody’s fault, let’s find that mfker and hold them accountable instead of whining about LeBron.

No one denies he's a brilliant basketball player... but ever since Miami he's had some influence and by the team he went to Cleveland, it's not a reach to say he had more and more influence over the team.

Do we know this for an absolute, indisputable fact? No.

There is a .001% chance Rob is more powerful than LBJ.

But come on, if you have any basic understanding of how the world works, it's not hard to see that LBJ has more influence over the major personnel decisions than Rob.

If it makes you sleep better at night to think that LBJ is helpless against the mighty Rob, then by all means believe what you want.

I think he's a legendary player who also happens to be a questionable team builder.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:04 am    Post subject:

I understand, but what we do know is that he was really influential in getting Russ. He was instrumental in getting Monk here, as well as Nunn, and Melo. Everyone else, I don't know. THT and Nunn are with Klutch. We can go back to when we got AD and what it took to get him. Now I'm not saying he is the acting player GM, but he has a lot of influence. Rob even admitted that every move he runs it by LeBron and ask what he thinks. I always blame Rob though because like you said, we don't know and he is actually the GM.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:30 am    Post subject:

I agree. It is too easy to say that LeBron is the responsible for this.

Does he have some influence? I have no doubt about it.

But that's not how this works. I doubt he wanted to lose Caruso, for example.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:34 am    Post subject:

I watched the replay and Lebron mailed this one in, he probably knew that they were no match for Denver at home.

Last edited by venturalakersfan on Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:46 am    Post subject:

A championship is great and all, but it's also important to preserve assets and maintain some kind of culture. A big part of the championship level culture and accountability died with the departures of KCP, Caruso, and Kuz. It also killed any semblance continuity and chemistry. Also, Vogel could have done a better job with hiding Trez on defense last season, given how efficient he is on the offensive end.

The entire FO operates on an all or nothing basis, with no contingency plans in place. People thought Rob was playing 4D chess, but he's really playing checkers. The role Lebron has in personnel decisions is debatable, but it's clear all the moves are made to appease him. It's a very reckless way of doing things, and makes me miss Mitch more and more. Everything that could go wrong is going wrong and there is little they can do about it.
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:53 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
LeBron James [AT] KingJames2m
#LakerNation I apologize and I promise we’ll be better!

https://twitter.com/KingJames/status/1482893150448349184
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:14 am    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:
LeBron James (@) KingJames2m

'Better' meaning they'll play better, or the roster will be better come Feb 10th??

Because if it's the former I have zero faith.
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:15 am    Post subject:

It's insane to me how quickly some of you want to tuck your tail between your legs and blow the whole thing up just because of a little adversity.

We won a championship 15 months ago. The very next season after the shortest off-season turnaround in league history we were 21-7 with the second best record in the West until AD went down. Then LeBron also got injured. Now we're currently sitting 8th in the West having had both AD and LeBron out for significant chunks of the first half of the season and trying to integrate a mercurial third star.

LeBron is averaging 29, 8, and 7 on 52% FG.

AD was averaging 23 and 10 on 52% FG.

And you guys want to trade them for what exactly? Draft picks and young assets that are crapshoots at best? So we can go through another decade of rebuilding with no guarantees?

Ya'll act like players averaging those numbers grow on trees.

This season is far from over and even if the Westbrook experiment ends up being a complete and total bust, LeBron is still playing at a high enough level and AD is still young enough that you can definitely retool in the next couple of years and be right back in it.

Westbrook's contract could potentially be restructured to give us more flexibility if he opts out. If not, he is a more attractive trade chip as an expiring contract. Everyone always swears up and down that a player is "unmovable" and yet it happens time and time again in this league because not every team is facing the same circumstances or looking for the same things.

in 2014 we'll have only AD and THT under contract with a potentially very attractive Free Agent class.

We have young players in Reeves, Monk, THT, Nunn, Stanley Johnson that will continue to develop.

Just look at the Warriors. They went from NBA Dynasty, arguably the most talented team ever assembled to being completely decimated by injuries and losing KD to Free Agency, and missing the playoffs TWO SEASONS IN A ROW. Imagine if they had panicked and blown it up because of doom-n-gloomer fans like yourselves. And now they're back to being on of the favorites in the league with a chance to win more championships.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:37 am    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:
LeBron James (@) KingJames2m

'Better' meaning they'll play better, or the roster will be better come Feb 10th??

Lol, you’re joking that it can mean trade… and it’s truly plausible
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:07 am    Post subject:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CY0ZG52JaXw/
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:15 am    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
It's insane to me how quickly some of you want to tuck your tail between your legs and blow the whole thing up just because of a little adversity.

Right, because you (of all people) are the voice of reason.

Batguano wrote:
This season is far from over and even if the Westbrook experiment ends up being a complete and total bust, LeBron is still playing at a high enough level and AD is still young enough that you can definitely retool in the next couple of years and be right back in it.

Westbrook's contract could potentially be restructured to give us more flexibility if he opts out. If not, he is a more attractive trade chip as an expiring contract. Everyone always swears up and down that a player is "unmovable" and yet it happens time and time again in this league because not every team is facing the same circumstances or looking for the same things.

in 2014 we'll have only AD and THT under contract with a potentially very attractive Free Agent class.

We have young players in Reeves, Monk, THT, Nunn, Stanley Johnson that will continue to develop.

Most of this has been discussed elsewhere, so I'll be brief:

1. Monk and Nunn can opt out this summer, and they are likely to do so. As things stand, the most that we can offer either of them is the taxpayer MLE. THT has failed to make a leap for yet another year. Stanley Johnson is about to get another 10-day contract, but he's basically a G Leaguer. Reaves is the fan favorite flavor of the year, but if you actually take a hard look at his numbers, he's nothing special. He looks good as a contrast to a bunch of old, disinterested veterans. He's also 23, so his ceiling is not likely to be high. I like Reaves, but some people lose perspective about him.

2. I assume you mean the 2023 free agent class, not the 2014 free agent class. The 2023 class is weak. The only superstar level player in the class is Jokic. I guess you could add Bradley Beal if you want to stretch. If you want to see what a team built around Beal looks like, take a look at the Wizards.

3. It's highly unlikely that Westbrook opts out unless we offer him a pretty attractive extension (something like 3 x $30M). Otherwise, he is a $47M expiring contract next year. Sure, you can move it, but you'll wind up taking a bunch of bad contracts in return. We have little or nothing to attach to it to create an attractive trade package.

4. Lebron is playing well, but he is now 37. Basically, we are one groin or abdominal pull away from shipping a lottery pick to the Pelicans. At this point, we have played the 28th most difficult schedule in the league. We're just starting to see some difficulty. 538's RAPTOR model projects us with a 37-45 record and a 31% chance of making the playoffs. That's a snapshot, and we can get better. Nonetheless, we are over halfway through the season, and it is not looking good.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:13 am    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:
LeBron James ( a t ) KingJames2m

Appreciate him saying it. Now back it up and get your band of misfits to start playing with some intensity and winning some games.

We will see what changes, I’m still waiting for the “storm to come” he predicted last season.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:01 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Kobetan wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:
LeBron James AT KingJames2m

Appreciate him saying it. Now back it up and get your band of misfits to start playing with some intensity and winning some games.

We will see what changes, I’m still waiting for the “storm to come” he predicted last season.

this reminded me so much of the 2012 lakers, and i hate that feeling. good thing we have playins now so even 10th seed has a chance. if everyone is healthy, we should be able to compete in the playoffs, and if they are not, we have no shot regardless of seeding.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1660, 1661, 1662 ... 2098, 2099, 2100  Next
Page 1661 of 2100
Jump to: