The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1626, 1627, 1628 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:34 pm    Post subject:

dries wrote:
PinoyLBJFan wrote:
because of that 3 overtime game, I doubt LBJ will play against the Piston.

Good, AD is clearly tired of playing with the guy.

Yeah, he loved his new BFF Westbrook, haha
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:47 pm    Post subject:

PinoyLBJFan wrote:

Why? Game is on Sunday. He will be rested by then.

He doesn’t want to play the mpg then maybe he should lead his team and not allow opponents to get big leads, squander leads the Lakers do get or choose not to close out games and be forced to play 3 OTs!
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:25 am    Post subject:

Lebron looks like he was grabbing his lower abdomen a few times. I only watched the highlights, but these are the types of old man games he'll deliver going forward. 5 years ago, this would be a night in which Lebron would go 1-4 from three. Now, he just keeps launching.

If he's not hitting the shots, why not live and die by making plays?
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:13 am    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
Lebron looks like he was grabbing his lower abdomen a few times. I only watched the highlights, but these are the types of old man games he'll deliver going forward. 5 years ago, this would be a night in which Lebron would go 1-4 from three. Now, he just keeps launching.

If he's not hitting the shots, why not live and die by making plays?

Because he has no interest in driving to the basket. It is easier to settle for the 3pt. It worked just a couple nights before. Just inconsistent results, just like the team in general.

As for the “grabbing his groin” . Saw that too. Wondering if he re-injured the groin? Are we about to see him missing more games?
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:40 am    Post subject:

This loss is solely on LBJ. He was just pathetic. Had Rob sit him the last 2 mins of regulation, this wouldnt even go to OT...
PinoyLBJFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:59 am    Post subject:

dries wrote:
PinoyLBJFan wrote:

Good, AD is clearly tired of playing with the guy.

i think the fans are more tired of watching AD play.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:53 am    Post subject:

Man he looks so slow on all his drives, even he knows it. Starting to worry his cliff has finally arrived.
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:04 am    Post subject:

We need to make a trade to manage LeBron's load, Westbrook/THT only add to it. Teams are helping off our other players, and there are no driving lanes...this turns our star into a three point chucker, who knows beforehand he will be lucky to get a foul call in traffic, understanding he will take a beating each time.

Making matters worse, not one of our shooters can play defense, so LeBron would have to step up on that end, even if we do play our shooters.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:23 am    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:
This loss is solely on LBJ. He was just pathetic. Had Rob sit him the last 2 mins of regulation, this wouldnt even go to OT...

Not sure about solely. Vogel and AD was also as horrible. He was coasting last night and thinking he can just turn it on in the 4th. I believe he only had 10 points going in the 4th. He’s 3 ball was off all night and can easily take whoever who is guarding him in the post. He shot us out of the game. Not sure if it has something to do with playing at home after how many week and he is trying to out on a show for the fans.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:08 pm    Post subject:

The problem with Lebron is that he's no longer a go-getter player anymore. Younger and peaking NBA players go after it every games, any game, and are able to perform at high levels throughout the season. A good example of these types of players are Curry and the Greek Freak, although there are more. Lebron used to be this sort of player, but no longer. Now, he relies on "picking and choosing", "coasting", "pacing himself", "respecting the process". You'll hear him make these sorts of statements. All they really mean is that "I'm too old and broken down to do it every game, so I have to wait until the end of the season to turn it on."

Now, that's okay for Lebron, at 37 years old. But, the problem is that Lebron has extreme influence on his team mates. And if he's adopting a casual approach to the regular season, then most of his team mates are too. There is the problem.

Players like Anthony Davis are especially susceptible to being Lebron-followers. Seems like THT is another. Even Dwight seems to go this route. The only Laker who balls-out plays hard every night is the much vilified Russell Westbrook. This is why RW has actually outplayed AD for most of the season.

Somehow, some way, Lebron has to be who he is at this stage of his career, but let his younger teammates be the passionate hunters he once was. I think that is where the Lakers are struggling (and ex Lakers struggled), both trying to appease an old Lebron, and trying restrain themselves and play within the system Lebron demands.

Once again, it's all about Lebron...
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:36 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
Lebron looks like he was grabbing his lower abdomen a few times.

He got hit in the gonads.
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:06 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
roger_federer wrote:

Not sure about solely. Vogel and AD was also as horrible. He was coasting last night and thinking he can just turn it on in the 4th. I believe he only had 10 points going in the 4th. He’s 3 ball was off all night and can easily take whoever who is guarding him in the post. He shot us out of the game. Not sure if it has something to do with playing at home after how many week and he is trying to out on a show for the fans.

With all the mistakes AD and Vogel did we had 7 point lead in the regulation and leads in 1st and 2nd OT. In all those instances, Lebron took 3s and bricked. I think he missed 5 3s. None of them are needed. and they were all predictable. He was either arrogant to accept that he can't make a 3 and drive OR let Russ to make the play.

Had Vogel sit him with 2 minutes left in regulation, we win that game.
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:26 pm    Post subject:

Three straight 30 point games. Hope he doesn’t have a setback with injury
Leif
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:28 am    Post subject:

Quote:
“We played a different second unit tonight,” Vogel said. “We played the second unit that basically closed the game out in Indiana with LeBron and Melo at the four, five. Call it a centerless lineup. There is a lot more space for Russ. Bron has a lot more space as a roller going to the basket, which was effective and we just have more switchability on the defensive side of the ball. I do think that’s something we’re going to grow and will be a part of our team going forward.”

Looks like LeBron is going to be playing center more often.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:33 am    Post subject:

I do like it a lot, reminds me a ton of the Jokic offense in Denver. We may be just as potent with it. But we have to be careful not to fall in love with it. 6 minutes at most. There's disadvantages too. Teams will be able to play bigger lneups that can rebound and also play more physical on us, and we don't want to get into a track meet, only for AD to get back into the game cold (he was resting in these moments) and the pace of the game is so high.

But it does look a lot like what Jokic has been doing in Denver. Shows you Lebron's all time great ability. He was the best point guard in the NBA 2 years ago when we won the title. He has been the best small forward in the league many years. He's been the best power forward in Miami a few years. I bet if we played him full time at 5, he'd be one of the best 5s in the NBA. Never in the league has there been a talent like him. Incredible.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:43 am    Post subject:

Leif wrote:
Quote:
“We played a different second unit tonight,” Vogel said. “We played the second unit that basically closed the game out in Indiana with LeBron and Melo at the four, five. Call it a centerless lineup. There is a lot more space for Russ. Bron has a lot more space as a roller going to the basket, which was effective and we just have more switchability on the defensive side of the ball. I do think that’s something we’re going to grow and will be a part of our team going forward.”

Honestly, Bron as high pick n roll is much better than AD/Dwight/DJ, he pick apart that picked off defender with passes while our guards cut
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:46 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Leif wrote:
Quote:

Honestly, Bron as high pick n roll is much better than AD/Dwight/DJ, he pick apart that picked off defender with passes while our guards cut

Bron is great in the Jokic role. The issue will be the defense, rebounds and protecting the inside. You can probably get better switching and stuff like that, but you won't have good rim protection. The offense should be fantastic eventually doing this. My other concern would be AD. If you sit AD for 6 minutes of game time and then he comes back, he's coming back into a game that's become a track meet. The game's pace is so fast. So he's coming in cold to a very fast game now. Not sure it's the best idea unless we can then slow the game back down a bit.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:44 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

<snip>
Shows you Lebron's all time great ability. He was the best point guard in the NBA 2 years ago when we won the title. He has been the best small forward in the league many years. He's been the best power forward in Miami a few years. I bet if we played him full time at 5, he'd be one of the best 5s in the NBA. Never in the league has there been a talent like him. Incredible.

I've heard some old folks mention this dude called "Magic" ..
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:12 am    Post subject:

I think there is a very good chance LeBron jumps back to the MVP discussions, if not for that late stretch stinker against the Kings he has looked good.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:16 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
I think there is a very good chance LeBron jumps back to the MVP discussions, if not for that late stretch stinker against the Kings he has looked good.

unless we are going on a winning streak and rank top 4 in the West, i don't see Lebron has any real shot of being in the MVP discussion
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:01 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Them days are over bro, let’s just hope the Kang is healthy come playoff
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:50 pm    Post subject:

LeOwner and his group are looking to buy an NBA franchise.

Obviously expected.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:21 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I don't see why those days are over.

Lebron finished #2 in MVP voting two years ago, and he was certainly in the running last year when he got hurt.

It really depends on the Lakers record.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:16 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
governator wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I don't see why those days are over.

Lebron finished #2 in MVP voting two years ago, and he was certainly in the running last year when he got hurt.

It really depends on the Lakers record.

I think some people are mistaking him not driving to the rim nearly as much as him declining which imo is not true.. He's obviously not going to be the clear cut best player anymore as he is only getting older but as far as a top 5-10 player? I absolutely still see that in him considering the rest of the NBA for sure especially after the All Star break once he starts ramping up even more as usual. The big concern is health which will be a huge concern from here on out until he retires.

Like you said, he finished #2 two years ago and last season was flying up the rankings before Soloman crashed into his legs and took him out. Even a declining Lebron is an absolute beast and among the best in the League still.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:47 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

For Lebron to legitimately get into the discussion, we'd need to get up to a 60-65% winning percentage. Which means going 7-0 or 10-1 or a run like that. If we stay mired about .500, his personal stats won't matter much.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1626, 1627, 1628 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next
Page 1627 of 2086
Jump to: