Lakers reportedly hiring Arizona alum Miles Simon to coaching staff (Now Hired as South Bay Coach)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Shout out to Simon for going over film with Lonzo after that first game and helping him make adjustments. Between he and Keefe the Lakers have a pretty formidable player development staff. There's much more to Simon's profile than the fact that he went to Arizona. Put some respek on his name.
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:33 am    Post subject:

With Simon's hire, I'm reminded of the need for having a trusted face or two in one's corner when the pressure's on.

A month after FDR's death and weeks into his sudden presidency, Harry Truman fired the incumbent white house press secretary (FDR's man). HST reached out to a former aide back home for the job. It's not always about getting the best advice possible, he mused; sometimes it's about being snake-bit one time too many.

"I had to get some Missouri around me here and quick too. I'm being treated like a skunk at the White House tuxedo party. Enough of that crap."

Harry S. Truman, "Memoirs By Harry S. Truman"
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:14 pm    Post subject:

South Bay Lakers Name Miles Simon as Head Coach

Quote:
The South Bay Lakers have named Miles Simon as head coach, it was announced today by team President/CEO Joey Buss and General Manager Nick Mazzella. Simon will be the ninth head coach in franchise history and will continue to serve as an assistant coach with the Los Angeles Lakers.

Simon joins the South Bay organization after spending four seasons as an assistant coach with Los Angeles, having been a member of the 2020 NBA Championship staff under Head Coach Frank Vogel. Simon has twice led the charge for the Lakers summer league teams, leading the team to a championship game berth for the second consecutive summer in 2018, after taking home the 2017 Las Vegas Summer League title as an assistant on the staff. Since joining the Lakers, Simon has at times been responsible for the pre-draft workout process and has assisted with the offseason development programs for current Lakers players.

MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:56 pm    Post subject:

Congrats to Miles Simon.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:23 pm    Post subject:

They previously said he would have some sort of "joint role" with both teams. Are they pushing him out? I mean, when you look at the list of G League head coaches, you don't see a lot of hot NBA prospects. Instead you see a lot of "buddy" hires, international guys and former players who needed a job.

- Coby Karl (Mitch's Carolina connection with George Karl)
- Chase Buford (Spurs GM's son)
- Brian Shaw (blew his NBA head coaching shot)
- Brett Burchard (obscure college coach's son)
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:54 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
They previously said he would have some sort of "joint role" with both teams. Are they pushing him out? I mean, when you look at the list of G League head coaches, you don't see a lot of hot NBA prospects. Instead you see a lot of "buddy" hires, international guys and former players who needed a job.

- Coby Karl (Mitch's Carolina connection with George Karl)
- Chase Buford (Spurs GM's son)
- Brian Shaw (blew his NBA head coaching shot)
- Brett Burchard (obscure college coach's son)

I heard he was going to have a dual role with the G League and the Lakers. I haven't confirmed it. I don't see how that's possible.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: