Finding NBA Draft Busts In The Summer

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Summer League Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AuraStar
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject: Finding NBA Draft Busts In The Summer

I found article on finding NBA draft busts in the summer league using Player Efficiency Rating.

It's written by a guy named Michael Watson who is a data manager with 10 years I.T. experience at a global FMCG company specializing in data management, visualization and explaining the nerdy stuff to senior directors in a language they can understand and make decisions on. He has 10 years professional basketball playing experience.

To make the correlation between NBA summer league play and how a draft pick will project, Watson uses “PER” (Created by John Hollinger, formally of ESPN and now with the Grizzlies and which stands for Player Efficiency Rating) as the metric to base my research on.

I'd love to see more research on it, but what Watson provides is pretty interesting to say the least.

The article:
http://www.zigzaganalytics.com/home/-finding-nba-draft-busts-before-the-league-catches-on
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject:

What I took from that article is that sometimes players pan out and sometimes they don't. But interesting nonetheless
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Summer League All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: