OFFICIAL ROB PELINKA THREAD.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 158, 159, 160 ... 241, 242, 243  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:23 am    Post subject:

To be honest, not impressed by hield from what I saw last night. My biggest grudge with rob is still he didn’t get a big wing and a backup 4, especially the later when we could offer Kieff more money.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:54 am    Post subject:

Imagine getting rid of and letting defenders walk, such as KCP, AC, Kieff. As well as trading a wing in Kuz, and replace them with comparable players, and pretty much all short guards and feel since they have a long wing span, they can be wings.

I mean we do have Melo for Kuz, so that's good. Though, he is older and not the rebounder as Kuz, but on offense, he's more consistent, tougher, and technically better. But we have no one to replace KCP, AC, and Kieff as an abundance.

We do have Austin Reaves to play the role of AC, but Vogel isn't playing him. If we signed Stanley Johnson, he could feel in the Kieff role, but we are not. Pelinka, I don't know who influenced him to make the moves that he did, but he gets majority of the blame. If he got influenced, that tells me that he doesn't have a vision (which him turning over the team every year is an indication of that) or/and he doesn't have a back bone. I'm going with doesn't have a back bone and doesn't have a vision.

Imagine having supreme defenders in Danny Green, KCP, AC, and Kieff all on your team. Then having Javale to man the center position, who is still very athletic. A defender in Dwight coming off the bench. Plus, AB.

We had a defensive juggernaut, that, collectively also did well offensively, won the championship, but then squandered it all away. Said "I know how we can get better" even though they just won the championship. It's pretty interesting the frame of thinking of some thing not being broke, but one trying to fix it. It's more like they broke it, just to try and fix it, but they keep losing parts, to point it stays broke.

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Not sure why there is so much vitriol towards Pelinka, J. Buss or even Vogel.

This is and always has been the creation of Lebron F’n James.

Manipulation of coaching staffs and his teammates has been as much a part of his legacy as his level of play putting him into the conversation on as GOAT.

NOW some seem surprised? This was expected the day he signed. Doing everything possible to get “ one more year out of James before he declines”.

We knew this was coming. Team has put all its resources into one more run. One more star studded gasp of a championship run before all the cards collapse.

Why do people say this, as if Jeanie Buss isn't a so called owner, that hired Pelinka to be the GM? Why do you feel they shouldn't get the bulk of the blame? There should be even more criticism towards Rob, if they allowed a player to dictate personnel moves. And Jeanie because she hired someone that doesn't know what the hell he is doing or a beta male that gets stepped all over.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:16 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Jeanie should fire Rob asap if she's smart. Unfortunately, she isn't. She inherited the team afterall. Not self made millionaire.

I'm ready for another 6 consecutive years of missing the playoffs. Bring it.

She needs to fire herself for treating Lakers like a mom and pop shop, and not getting the most qualified.

She's very good at promoting the Laker brand as executive VP so she should go back to doing so. So she should sell the team to the new owner with a condition that she gets her old job back.

She only owns 1/7 of 66% of the Lakers, there isn’t anything she can do.

She represents the 66%, that’s how controlling owner works old man.

She can’t sell the team without agreement from a majority of her peers. That’s how the Buss Trust works.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:25 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
To be honest, not impressed by hield from what I saw last night. My biggest grudge with rob is still he didn’t get a big wing and a backup 4, especially the later when we could offer Kieff more money.

Hield would have did well, with the collective. So if we kept pretty much all of our team from last year; except Kuz, Trez, DS, and Gasol. Add him to Bron, AD, KCP, AC, Kieff. It would have been cool, especially considering he is a spark off the bench. Then we start filling in holes; like picking up Rondo, Dwight, maybe Monk, DJ, and Nunn. The only thing, it seems like if we got Hield, we wouldn't have signed Monk. I still think we sign Melo, but Hield and Monk may be counterproductive, but making small moves for improvement was better than a so called big splash in trying to get Westbrook.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:30 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
Imagine getting rid of and letting defenders walk, such as KCP, AC, Kieff. As well as trading a wing in Kuz, and replace them with comparable players, and pretty much all short guards and feel since they have a long wing span, they can be wings.

I mean we do have Melo for Kuz, so that's good. Though, he is older and not the rebounder as Kuz, but on offense, he's more consistent, tougher, and technically better. But we have no one to replace KCP, AC, and Kieff as an abundance.

We do have Austin Reaves to play the role of AC, but Vogel isn't playing him. If we signed Stanley Johnson, he could feel in the Kieff role, but we are not. Pelinka, I don't know who influenced him to make the moves that he did, but he gets majority of the blame. If he got influenced, that tells me that he doesn't have a vision (which him turning over the team every year is an indication of that) or/and he doesn't have a back bone. I'm going with doesn't have a back bone and doesn't have a vision.

Imagine having supreme defenders in Danny Green, KCP, AC, and Kieff all on your team. Then having Javale to man the center position, who is still very athletic. A defender in Dwight coming off the bench. Plus, AB.

We had a defensive juggernaut, that, collectively also did well offensively, won the championship, but then squandered it all away. Said "I know how we can get better" even though they just won the championship. It's pretty interesting the frame of thinking of some thing not being broke, but one trying to fix it. It's more like they broke it, just to try and fix it, but they keep losing parts, to point it stays broke.

Manipulation of coaching staffs and his teammates has been as much a part of his legacy as his level of play putting him into the conversation on as GOAT.

NOW some seem surprised? This was expected the day he signed. Doing everything possible to get “ one more year out of James before he declines”.

We knew this was coming. Team has put all its resources into one more run. One more star studded gasp of a championship run before all the cards collapse.

Why do people say this, as if Jeanie Buss isn't a so called owner, that hired Pelinka to be the GM? Why do you feel they shouldn't get the bulk of the blame? There should be even more criticism towards Rob, if they allowed a player to dictate personnel moves. And Jeanie because she hired someone that doesn't know what the hell he is doing or a beta male that gets stepped all over.

lol beta male...

For what it's worth, we could still have had something like this had it done been for trying to save money.

AD, Dwight, Kief
<mMLE>, Melo, Ariza
LeBron, THT, Baze
Caruso, Monk, Reaves
Russ, Schroder, Rondo
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:57 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

lol beta male...

For what it's worth, we could still have had something like this had it done been for trying to save money.

AD, Dwight, Kief
<mMLE>, Melo, Ariza
LeBron, THT, Baze
Caruso, Monk, Reaves
Russ, Schroder, Rondo

I would have rocked with that. Definitely.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:16 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:

I don't know about other people, but I say it because it is the truth.

Signing James was a tradeoff. The ownership and most fans knew exactly what they were getting into if they are honest with themselves.

Lakers were irrelevant, losing and in the midst of a rebuild. They signed James to fill the void of "star power" and fast track winning. This all-in approach worked for a championship. Which if I recall correctly, most on LG were stating was the only thing that mattered. How many times have we heard since the day he signed, some variation of "find a way to get one ring out of 4-6 yr contract, it is all worth it". Why complain if it is "worth it".

The trade off for that shortened season Championship is James and Klutch have the Lakers backed into a corner. The influence he wielded in the league only intensified with this final Retirement Tour with the Lakers. Of course Buss, Pelinka and Vogel have to defer to him. They have no other options. He is the Golden Goose that fills the seats, gets the nationally televised games and brings hope to the hearts of Laker fans everywhere.

Anyone not expecting this outcome is delusional. James is declining. Surrounding him with all his friends and playing his style is the price we all get to pay. That and this crappy inconsistent team wearing my Laker jerseys. How can such a veteran team be so inefficient?

I keep hoping to see some miraculous level of chemistry, intensity and a winning streak. After 20 games into the season, I'm still waiting!
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:21 pm    Post subject:

Jeanie is really stunted for keeping him this long. Time for Laker fans to suffer. Not sure when will we ever compete for championship again.
giordan0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:54 pm    Post subject:

I don't know about other people, but I say it because it is the truth.

Signing James was a tradeoff. The ownership and most fans knew exactly what they were getting into if they are honest with themselves.

Lakers were irrelevant, losing and in the midst of a rebuild. They signed James to fill the void of "star power" and fast track winning. This all-in approach worked for a championship. Which if I recall correctly, most on LG were stating was the only thing that mattered. How many times have we heard since the day he signed, some variation of "find a way to get one ring out of 4-6 yr contract, it is all worth it". Why complain if it is "worth it".

The trade off for that shortened season Championship is James and Klutch have the Lakers backed into a corner. The influence he wielded in the league only intensified with this final Retirement Tour with the Lakers. Of course Buss, Pelinka and Vogel have to defer to him. They have no other options. He is the Golden Goose that fills the seats, gets the nationally televised games and brings hope to the hearts of Laker fans everywhere.

Anyone not expecting this outcome is delusional. James is declining. Surrounding him with all his friends and playing his style is the price we all get to pay. That and this crappy inconsistent team wearing my Laker jerseys. How can such a veteran team be so inefficient?

I keep hoping to see some miraculous level of chemistry, intensity and a winning streak. After 20 games into the season, I'm still waiting!

It's almost mirroring James final year in Cleveland and post-James wasteland it became.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:59 pm    Post subject:

Lakers made the lux tax sound so scary but other teams are paying A LOT More to build their respective teams...
losing Caruso was (bleep) stupid .. can't convince me otherwise.. shows me Lakers DONT take care of their own...
he offered to take less than Chicago offered?.. and we still didn't do it?
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:29 pm    Post subject:

giordan0 wrote:

It's almost mirroring James final year in Cleveland and post-James wasteland it became.

I don't think you can attribute that to James.

The Cavs were a wasteland before he got there. They thrived with him there. They became a wasteland when he left the first time. They thrived when he returned. And they became a wasteland after he left.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:57 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Hield would have did well, with the collective. So if we kept pretty much all of our team from last year; except Kuz, Trez, DS, and Gasol. Add him to Bron, AD, KCP, AC, Kieff. It would have been cool, especially considering he is a spark off the bench. Then we start filling in holes; like picking up Rondo, Dwight, maybe Monk, DJ, and Nunn. The only thing, it seems like if we got Hield, we wouldn't have signed Monk. I still think we sign Melo, but Hield and Monk may be counterproductive, but making small moves for improvement was better than a so called big splash in trying to get Westbrook.

I would have loved that team. Great depth and two way players. Plenty of tradeable contracts, younger core to build around AD.

Maybe you don’t attract all the guys we did in FA but you can def find someone decent for the mini MLE, ideally an Otto Porter type to fill the need for a bigger wing.

Crazy decision making this off-season SMH
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:09 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Lakers made the lux tax sound so scary but other teams are paying A LOT More to build their respective teams...

There are only three teams paying higher salary than the Lakers this season.

#1: Golden State $179m
#2: Brooklyn $175m
#3: Clippers $169m
#4: Lakers $165m
#5: Milwaukee: $157m
#6: Utah: $154m
#7: Boston $145m
#8: Philly $145m
#9: Portland $143m
#10: Miami $141m

When I look at the crypto.com deal and how much money that generated I would like to think the Lakers could have spent a bit more, but they aren't exactly penny pinching either.
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:18 pm    Post subject:

Lakers have often been cheap with fringe players. Reminds of when they let Horry go after picking up Malone (on the vet min). I didn't love the Westbrook trade because it gutted the team further and I wasn't sure the fit. The second part of that is Rob signed all undersized players. No wings / forward depth and that is why the Lakers are so bad. Caruso would help somewhat but the real issue is the team is old and short now.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:32 pm    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:

When I look at the crypto.com deal and how much money that generated I would like to think the Lakers could have spent a bit more, but they aren't exactly penny pinching either.

It was some Reddit post I saw.. I thought the disparity was much higher. Potentially someone messing with numbers to make Lakers fans upset?

Could it have been Lux Tax numbers Pre Westbrook that look much different?.. since he wasn't necessary before Caruso was thrown in the gutter
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:35 pm    Post subject:

Here it is
https://www.spotrac.com/nba/tax/

Lux Tax Bill est
1 Golden State Warriors $170,330,456
2 Brooklyn Nets $110,375,085
3 Los Angeles Clippers $93,898,180
4 Los Angeles Lakers $45,738,109
5 Milwaukee Bucks $41,521,600
6 Utah Jazz 14 $33,437,254
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:22 am    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:

From what I understand, the crypto money goes to the owner of the building, not the Lakers. No? I don't think that 700M goes to the Lakers. They don't own the building. It's building naming rights. The Kings (Hockey) also play there, and while the Clippers are off soon, they still play there for now. No way the Lakers would get that money, alone. Not sure if a percentage goes to them, but my guess would be that the owners of the stadium get it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:27 am    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:

It was some Reddit post I saw.. I thought the disparity was much higher. Potentially someone messing with numbers to make Lakers fans upset?

Could it have been Lux Tax numbers Pre Westbrook that look much different?.. since he wasn't necessary before Caruso was thrown in the gutter

Yeah JC, what CI posted below is correct in pertaining to the current tax bills. The dubs & Nets are also repeat tax offenders (payed taxes in 3 of the previous 4 seasons, so they get a more punitive tax rate than us.

It’s pretty sad optics to see our cash cow of a team mooove off salary/assets just to duck a larger tax hit while small market teams like Milwaukee will say f*** it & buck up in taking a similar tax hit. We should be willing and able payers like the other big market teams above us. Instead, we penny pinched just to add a few more coins to ownership’s piggy banks. Doesn’t make much cents to me during our title window.

Especially when you also consider that the tax bill last year was cut by 30% due to COVID. Assuming we see a similar trend this season, our tax bill would be closer to 30m instead of 45m.

Here it is
https://www.spotrac.com/nba/tax/

Lux Tax Bill est
1 Golden State Warriors $170,330,456
2 Brooklyn Nets $110,375,085
3 Los Angeles Clippers $93,898,180
4 Los Angeles Lakers $45,738,109
5 Milwaukee Bucks $41,521,600
6 Utah Jazz 14 $33,437,254

lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:23 am    Post subject:

Lakers are still getting fat off of that Time Warner TV deal in 2011. What are they doing with all that money? Stop being cheap and make a big investment in an exp GM/advisor just like how Ballmer lured Jerry to the Clippers.

I really don't want to see Pelinka use the Lakers as his training ground in order to gain more exp. lol.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:57 am    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:

the 700 mil has nothing to do with the Lakers, in fact AEG is no longer a part owner of the Lakers. Jeanie and the buss family are just too shortsighted by not building their own Arena in the entertainment capital of the world.
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:12 am    Post subject:

The Lakers are getting progressively worse each year.
This is because of the mad scientist.
Fixing what is not broken.

Jeanne has to give Rob a steady hand to at least
give a second opinion.

No other championship team goes through this major overhauls.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:40 am    Post subject:

He knew it would be a short window with Lebron, so yeah, he's gonna throw hail marys. Wouldn't even surprise me if THT is the next one gone. It's pretty much all about Lebron.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:41 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
He knew it would be a short window with Lebron, so yeah, he's gonna throw hail marys. Wouldn't even surprise me if THT is the next one gone. It's pretty much all about Lebron.

If it were "all about Lebron" we would've paid Caruso.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:47 am    Post subject:

Why did we sign Ariza again? The guy is like 50 and can't even get healthy enough to play, might as well bring back Luol Deng.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:12 am    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

If it were "all about Lebron" we would've paid Caruso.

*shrugs*

THT is part of the Klutch though and that arguably played some role. Hindsight is 20/20. Seems like lots of people here were on board with THT's potential, myself included. It made sense to find some way to keep him, but not at the expense of Caruso. Tough move by Rob.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 158, 159, 160 ... 241, 242, 243  Next
Page 159 of 243
Jump to: