OFFICIAL ROB PELINKA THREAD.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 143, 144, 145 ... 241, 242, 243  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:19 am    Post subject:

RusselDoeee01 wrote:
Lay off Pelinka..

This is all Lebron/Clutch

Lebron got his whole crew to the lakers and what is Pelinka supposed to do?

This is what happens with every lebron led team.

Generational players like LeBron run the team.. Thats just how it is

He’s the GM. If he doesnt have the confidence/intelligence/vision to counter “what Lebron wants” with a more cohesive basketball philosophy and attendant roster construction, then that’s on him.

Any LG poster could go up to Lebron/AD and say “who should we get?” What distinguishes him as a decision maker?
zambia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:43 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
Not closing on Lue as coach…was that Rob or Bron?
Not closing on 3rd max guy in 2019…was that Rob or Bron?
Not offering longterm deals to retain assets resulting in massive roster overall every season…was that Rob or Bron?
Avoiding the tax like a plague AFTER trading for a 3rd max and knowing you still had a 5m dead cap hit on your books…was that Rob or Bron?
Speaking of which, decision to stretch Deng even after that cap space wasn’t realized in 2018…was that Rob or Bron?

Bron couldn’t even have his boy Dudz brought back as an assistant coach. I mean, even Kawhi was able to do that with the cLips.

Couldn’t even bring in his boy Melo on a minimum deal 3yrs ago when he first joined up and after the Thunder/Hawks buyout.

Did LeDon come in and make one of his capos a Laker bball ops exec?

Dude has a say in personnel, but he is at the mercy of what Rob/Kurt/Buss ultimately decide. Otherwise he would have green lit Caruso and forced ownership to pay up as part of a Klutch tax.
FYI: THT as an early bird player Klutch klient was eligible for a starting yr1 max of 10.5m, but instead he reupped at a starting of 9.5m saving the Lakers roughly 3.5m in taxes this year.

I agree with everything you wrote. I wish Rob had kept the 6th pick and drafted D. Garland.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:07 pm    Post subject:

RusselDoeee01 wrote:
Lay off Pelinka..

This is all Lebron/Clutch

Lebron got his whole crew to the lakers and what is Pelinka supposed to do?

This is what happens with every lebron led team.

Generational players like LeBron run the team.. Thats just how it is

Grow a pair of balls?
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:10 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
Not offering longterm deals to retain assets resulting in massive roster overall every season…was that Rob or Bron?
Avoiding the tax like a plague AFTER trading for a 3rd max and knowing you still had a 5m dead cap hit on your books…was that Rob or Bron?
Speaking of which, decision to stretch Deng even after that cap space wasn’t realized in 2018…was that Rob or Bron?

Bron couldn’t even have his boy Dudz brought back as an assistant coach. I mean, even Kawhi was able to do that with the cLips.

Couldn’t even bring in his boy Melo on a minimum deal 3yrs ago when he first joined up and after the Thunder/Hawks buyout.

Dude has a say in personnel, but he is at the mercy of what Rob/Kurt/Buss ultimately decide. Otherwise he would have green lit Caruso and forced ownership to pay up as part of a Klutch tax.
FYI: THT as an early bird player Klutch klient was eligible for a starting yr1 max of 10.5m, but instead he reupped at a starting of 9.5m saving the Lakers roughly 3.5m in taxes this year.

Not closing on Lue as coach…was that Rob or Bron? why do we want Lue as coach?
Not closing on 3rd max guy in 2019…was that Rob or Bron? that is on snake Kawhi
Not offering longterm deals to retain assets resulting in massive roster overall every season…was that Rob or Bron? we offered deals to KCP/Kuz/THT, who else do you want? DS?
Avoiding the tax like a plague AFTER trading for a 3rd max and knowing you still had a 5m dead cap hit on your books…was that Rob or Bron? tax is kind of Jeanie's issue
Speaking of which, decision to stretch Deng even after that cap space wasn’t realized in 2018…was that Rob or Bron? Magic was the GM at the time, and we should never give Deng that contract in the first place

Exhibit #55557777 in classic cases of deflection.

Rob couldn’t close on our top coaching choices/FAs

Rob clearly valued DS (traded for him, promised a starting role & offered an extension) so yes it’s a fail to not parlay him as an asset moving forward if the plan was amended in moving along without him. We essentially lost assets to gain cap space that turned into Schro and then had nothing to show for it when he was given the door.

Rob knew ownership doesn’t want to pay a premium in taxes and had been trying to downs a 3star unit since 2019, so plan accordingly in acquiring or negotiating team friendly deals. Dude had 2years to do so before Brodie came along.

Oh & Rob is currently VP of bball ops while also carrying the GM title. He was the GM when Magic was President of bball ops. Magic okayed everything Rob brought to his desk, but you’re only as good as the options you do bring to your superiors.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:25 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:

Not closing on Lue as coach…was that Rob or Bron? why do we want Lue as coach?
Not closing on 3rd max guy in 2019…was that Rob or Bron? that is on snake Kawhi
Not offering longterm deals to retain assets resulting in massive roster overall every season…was that Rob or Bron? we offered deals to KCP/Kuz/THT, who else do you want? DS?
Avoiding the tax like a plague AFTER trading for a 3rd max and knowing you still had a 5m dead cap hit on your books…was that Rob or Bron? tax is kind of Jeanie's issue
Speaking of which, decision to stretch Deng even after that cap space wasn’t realized in 2018…was that Rob or Bron? Magic was the GM at the time, and we should never give Deng that contract in the first place

Exhibit #55557777 in classic cases of deflection.

Rob couldn’t close on our top coaching choices/FAs

Rob clearly valued DS (traded for him, promised a starting role & offered an extension) so yes it’s a fail to not parlay him as an asset moving forward if the plan was amended in moving along without him. We essentially lost assets to gain cap space that turned into Schro and then had nothing to show for it when he was given the door.

Rob knew ownership doesn’t want to pay a premium in taxes and had been trying to downs a 3star unit since 2019, so plan accordingly in acquiring or negotiating team friendly deals. Dude had 2years to do so before Brodie came along.

Oh & Rob is currently VP of bball ops while also carrying the GM title. He was the GM when Magic was President of bball ops. Magic okayed everything Rob brought to his desk, but you’re only as good as the options you do bring to your superiors.

classic case of finding the scape goat.
how do you know Rob brought the trade the Magic not the decision of Magic and Jeanie? Magic was the president of basketball operation when they hired Vogel too, and i think it was good hire with the team we had. there were also reports of Kawhi not signing with the lakers due to the big mouth of Magic.
i don't blame Magic for any of those because he closed on Lebron.
i won't blame Rob for pulling the trigger on the AD trade, and while i didn't like the moves he made this off season, i will be patient and give this team some time to gel.
if the ownership didn't want to pay tax, of course we can't get anything for DS. by the way, how do you know some team even wanted him? he ended up with a mini MLE, so getting an asset for him was going to be pretty hard.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:16 am    Post subject:

Scapegoat?

More like eScape goat…. Dude ducks an attack better than Magic from acquiring an immune deficienct syndrome. Dude learned from the best #DifferentAnimalSameBeast

Fact remains there were issues when Magic was there and after he quit (btw, he was already gone by the Vog hire). Rob is the common denominator. He gets his flowers when he delivers on manna and gets thorns when he’s a prick stabbing holes through our cap sheet.

In terms of DS, yes it’s on Rob to figure out how to turn dude into an asset moving forward after he allowed the mustard off the schnitzel. We knew he had offered him in the Lowry deal, so there should have been a contingency deal worked out as well.

But I agree with you…that we should all be patient with this current roster…however that shouldn’t allow Rob to escape critiques of the sins he has made.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:26 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
Scapegoat?

More like eScape goat…. Dude ducks an attack better than Magic from acquiring an immune deficienct syndrome. Dude learned from the best #DifferentAnimalSameBeast

Fact remains there were issues when Magic was there and after he quit (btw, he was already gone by the Vog hire). Rob is the common denominator. He gets his flowers when he delivers on manna and gets thorns when he’s a prick stabbing holes through our cap sheet.

In terms of DS, yes it’s on Rob to figure out how to turn dude into an asset moving forward after he allowed the mustard off the schnitzel. We knew he had offered him in the Lowry deal, so there should have been a contingency deal worked out as well.

But I agree with you…that we should all be patient with this current roster…however that shouldn’t allow Rob to escape critiques of the sins he has made.

he's a year removed from a championship. wheres the problem.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:18 pm    Post subject:

1 thing to note is Vogel was gonna be Lue's head defensive assistant, if we closed the deal. Vogel stated that, before he got the call to being head coach. I believe Lue wanted 5 years, but we only wanted to offer 3, so we went with Vogel. Also, Magic wasn't President When we hired Vogel. We didn't have 1, but Rob was running that position as a GM. Also, note, Rob wanted to hired Scott Brooks as head assistant of the offense. I believe it is more so his connection with Westbrook, and understanding how to utilize him.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:28 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
1 thing to note is Vogel was gonna be Lue's head defensive assistant, if we closed the deal. Vogel stated that, before he got the call to being head coach. I believe Lue wanted 5 years, but we only wanted to offer 3, so we went with Vogel. Also, Magic wasn't President When we hired Vogel. We didn't have 1, but Rob was running that position as a GM. Also, note, Rob wanted to hired Scott Brooks as head assistant of the offense. I believe it is more so his connection with Westbrook, and understanding how to utilize him.

this was all on Jeannie Buss, at the end of the day she's the one who writes the checks. Buss family are known to spend $$$ on big name players and penny pinching elsewhere, including the coaching staff.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:49 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

this was all on Jeannie Buss, at the end of the day she's the one who writes the checks. Buss family are known to spend $$$ on big name players and penny pinching elsewhere, including the coaching staff.

I definitely put blame on Jeanie. I mean it is unheard of why we still don't have a GM. How do we promote Rob to President of bball ops, but leave a vacancy in the GM spot? What was the point of the promotion? Makes me wonder are they saving that position for Rich Paul or something....
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:42 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

That is a fairly common practice.

GSW have a huge payroll - but it's all tied up in a few guys - $140MM to Steph/Klay/Wiggins/Dray, Wiseman is on his rookie scale deal and everyone else is minimums/exceptions.

BRK has $122 million in Harden/KD/Kyrie, Harris at 17MM and everyone else is minimum or exceptions.

Basketball is a star driven sport.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:25 pm    Post subject:

Austin Reeves is just more evidence that Jesse Buss should be the GM, not Rob. Rob signed 8 new wings and none of them are as reliable on both ends as an UNDRAFTED PLAYER.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:34 pm    Post subject:

Will be known for closing Lebron James windows. Had a chance to steal Buddy and went with overpaying for the most overrated player on the NBA.
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:46 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
Will be known for closing Lebron James windows. Had a chance to steal Buddy and went with overpaying for the most overrated player on the NBA.

Why are we blaming Rob for bringing in RW? Clearly this was a Klutch/LeGM move.

Kiss my Converse.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:48 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Austin Reeves is just more evidence that Jesse Buss should be the GM, not Rob. Rob signed 8 new wings and none of them are as reliable on both ends as an UNDRAFTED PLAYER.

Does Jesse wanna be GM?
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:49 pm    Post subject:

EchoZulu wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

The Lebron/Klutch Angeles Era is probably ending with Lebron’s ambitious thought of trying to get Russ and Melo a ring.

Oh well. At least he delivered 1 Chip when we were trash all those years before.

However now, we are trending towards how the Lebron era ended in Heat and Cavs 2.0
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:51 pm    Post subject:

Say the team really underperforms up till the trade deadline, would Rob be willing to do a major shake up then?

I doubt so.. Russ and AD are here to stay.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:52 pm    Post subject:

EchoZulu wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

Rob is the GM.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:54 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
EchoZulu wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

The Lebron/Klutch Angeles Era is probably ending with Lebron’s ambitious thought of trying to get Russ and Melo a ring.

Oh well. At least he delivered 1 Chip when we were trash all those years before.

However now, we are trending towards how the Lebron era ended in Heat and Cavs 2.0

When Lebron and Russ contracts are up... Lakers will still have AD and a clear cap space. They will have plenty of money to rebuild the roster. They can bring another allstar caliber player to pair up with AD. Possibly form a new big 3.
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:58 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
EchoZulu wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

Rob is the GM.

By title. You'd be naïve to think that Klutch ain't running (bleep) bts.

Kiss my Converse.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:08 pm    Post subject:

EchoZulu wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
EchoZulu wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

Rob is the GM.

By title. You'd be naïve to think that Klutch ain't running (bleep) bts.

That's probably why we don't have sustainable success.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:20 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
EchoZulu wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

Rob is the GM.

Then I guess you give him full credit for the 2019-2020 title.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:06 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
EchoZulu wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

Rob is the GM.

He gets credit, Lebron, AD, Vogel, and the supporting cast also gets credit, but will Rob be known as a great GM or President of bball OP is the question. Right now, it's not looking like it.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:34 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
EchoZulu wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

Rob is the GM.

He gets credit, Lebron, AD, Vogel, and the supporting cast also gets credit, but will Rob be known as a great GM or President of bball OP is the question. Right now, it's not looking at it.

By your logic bringing in RW should not be entirely on Rob as you implied in your previous post. You well know Lebron, AD and Vogel also had their say and that is the way it should be.

Lets not lose sight he also has made his share of positive moves. Lakers were the laughing stock of the NBA as Magic went on his media blitz bashing Rob and others in the FO. Remember media day when Vogel was introduced as the coach? It is a testament to Rob and the FO where this organization is today.

Is he perfect, No but no GM is.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:41 pm    Post subject:

How do we know bringing Russ in was bad? If he saves bron from being over worked isn’t that good?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 143, 144, 145 ... 241, 242, 243  Next
Page 144 of 243
Jump to: