GRIZZLIES -at- LAKERS - 2/11 - Thoughts and :-(( ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pask
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:20 am    Post subject: Re: GRIZZLIES -at- LAKERS - 2/11 - Thoughts and :-(( ratings

DancingBarry wrote:
The Games You Have to Win...
Kwame -- -- Superb offensive game, but soft defensively. He couldn't stop Gasol in the first half, nor late in the game during crunch time.

I disagree with you. Kwame kept Gasol completely out of the paint,that´s what he´s supposed to do. I you go out for Gasol he´ll kill you with his first step, and probably you´ll be out of the game by halftime . Unfortunately, Gasol had his day with his outside shooting.

And this game showed how valuable (even if it´s for trading purposes) Kwame can be. He does a lot of little things out there.

And once again, we throw another game away. Midway through the fourth we had a 9 point lead, and instead of killing the game, we let the Grizzlies come back easily.

Finally, we showed (also once again), very poor clock management. With 28 seconds left in the game, and the game tied, you shoot the ball with 1 second remaining. Cook had a clear look, but you have to exhaust the 24 seconds. The Grizzlies were in foul trouble, so you maybe can draw a foul and get 2ft. , that´s an easier option than an outside shot.

I know these team is young, and I really do believe that has great upside, but clock management is something that you pay 10M $ to Phil to teach.
karlmalonefan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:36 am    Post subject:

He bodied gasol up more in the second half, but kept getting ticky tack fouls called on him for bumping him, eventually fouling out...meanwhile, kobe was savaged at the other end, with no call.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: