Laker Film Room (Pg. 91: Pete Signed By Lakers)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 91, 92, 93  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:17 am    Post subject:

tox, I reread your post, and as to the question about why they are even somewhat effective at all on D- well, because they have two vets that have played key roles on decent defensive teams (basically the reason why Luke wanted them on the first place) and a third vet who, although he has his lapses, is pretty good at staying attached to people. Like if there's a blown coverage between the two men involved in a PnR, I'll be pretty sure its on the guard for not doing the right thing than Moz not calling it. It's also a pretty big unit in terms of length- no real one on one mismatches there unless they're caught on a switch. Finally, maybe everyone's focus is a little bit better at the start of a game or a half and drifts as the game goes on.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:

Honestly I haven't watched enough film this season to nail down why it all goes to hell the moment a player gets subbed into the main lineups. My suspicion is that outside of unfamiliarity with changing roles on the defensive end, it's also related to the offensive end, where they were already walking a razor's edge to begin with the spacing. Sub a poor shooter like Brandon was in the beginning of the year and all of the sudden we're hitting a wall in the paint and the other team is breaking in the other direction (with a couple of the young guys just picking up the easiest transition matchup available and hanging teammates out to dry.)

fiendishoc wrote:
tox, I reread your post, and as to the question about why they are even somewhat effective at all on D- well, because they have two vets that have played key roles on decent defensive teams (basically the reason why Luke wanted them on the first place) and a third vet who, although he has his lapses, is pretty good at staying attached to people. Like if there's a blown coverage between the two men involved in a PnR, I'll be pretty sure its on the guard for not doing the right thing than Moz not calling it. It's also a pretty big unit in terms of length- no real one on one mismatches there unless they're caught on a switch. Finally, maybe everyone's focus is a little bit better at the start of a game or a half and drifts as the game goes on.

Ah that makes a lot of sense to me. Some of that stuff, like early game focus, not allowing leakouts (the starting unit is pretty methodical), and general length all pass my eye test from what I've seen. Thanks for the explanations
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject:

Tox's Debut Article:

Lies, Damned Lies, & Brandon Ingram's Advanced Statistics
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:47 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Tox's Debut Article:

Great article, tox. I admit though I was stuck for a while on that looping gif of Mozgov getting stuffed by the rim on Ingram's sweet dish.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:02 pm    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Tox's Debut Article:

Great article, tox. I admit though I was stuck for a while on that looping gif of Mozgov getting stuffed by the rim on Ingram's sweet dish.

Thanks. I found this ridiculous but apparent Moz has "only" missed 9 dunks all season. I'd have thought it closer to 15-20 lol. Then again, he's 85% on dunks which is really bad considering they're dunks
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Great job on the broadcast, GT.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:16 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:

Ya that was super enjoyable. awesome. Be back next time. A fricking broadcast where every other sentence isn't annoying or wrong? Let alone informative!! Loved it
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:30 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

Ya that was super enjoyable. awesome. Be back next time. A fricking broadcast where every other sentence isn't annoying or wrong? Let alone informative!! Loved it

Right on, guys. Thank you for listening.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:32 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:

Agreed. It was amazing turning off Doris Burke's drivel (and the other guy, don't know who he was though) and hearing your insight.

Also, @GT having a way to move backwards on the broadcast would be awesome for those of us on streams. Not sure if you can implement it so that you can move backwards (that'd require saving the audio rather than just streaming it and letting it go) but it'd be awesome for you to look into.

If not that, then the slight delay is a good idea.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:04 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

Where were people sending you questions?
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:10 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

Agreed. It was amazing turning off Doris Burke's drivel (and the other guy, don't know who he was though) and hearing your insight.

Also, @GT having a way to move backwards on the broadcast would be awesome for those of us on streams. Not sure if you can implement it so that you can move backwards (that'd require saving the audio rather than just streaming it and letting it go) but it'd be awesome for you to look into.

Yeah, I watch the games on a Roku with the Spectrum app (because I don't want to pay the extra bucks for a receiver in every room), but GT's feed was actually ahead of the live game action for me. I had to pause on that embedded player just to get it synced right, and if it was paused too long the whole damn thing would reset. Just a nightmare. I heard him say something about VLC, which I use all the time and know how to offset. I'm not sure how exactly one could get the stream in there.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:44 pm    Post subject:

Anyway for you to track Zubac's defensive attempts defending the rim tonight GT?
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:56 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

Where were people sending you questions?

If you opened up the Mixlr app (rather than just clicking play on the site) there was a chatroom.

http://mixlr.com/lakerfilmroom
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:00 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
Anyway for you to track Zubac's defensive attempts defending the rim tonight GT?

He did a great job, didn't he? I'll let you know when I work on this video. I'm actually gonna do a Mozgov video next, but I'll include that.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:23 am    Post subject:

Waiting for the replay link to listen. Any chance you get anph to be your broadcast partner? And can you let him freestyle the play by play for a quarter?
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:40 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
tox wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

Yeah, I watch the games on a Roku with the Spectrum app (because I don't want to pay the extra bucks for a receiver in every room), but GT's feed was actually ahead of the live game action for me. I had to pause on that embedded player just to get it synced right, and if it was paused too long the whole damn thing would reset. Just a nightmare. I heard him say something about VLC, which I use all the time and know how to offset. I'm not sure how exactly one could get the stream in there.
Must explore this option!
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:02 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
Waiting for the replay link to listen. Any chance you get anph to be your broadcast partner? And can you let him freestyle the play by play for a quarter?

Anph as my broadcast partner would be awesome.

This was harder than you might think in real time, btw. There were several instances where I realized I missed something but it was quickly onto the next play.

Here's the link. http://lakerfilmroom.com/laker-film-room-live-lakers-portland-12517/
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:40 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:

This was harder than you might think in real time, btw. There were several instances where I realized I missed something but it was quickly onto the next play.

Here's the link. http://lakerfilmroom.com/laker-film-room-live-lakers-portland-12517/

Thanks. Totally understand- I can't actually process what's going on without trying like hell to focus on all areas of the court at once. And that's without talking.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:29 am    Post subject:

Haven't finished it yet- great job so far. You're able to identify stuff in real time really quickly.

One action that they kept running that you weren't sure about is the 1-4 UCLA. "Point" passes to wing and makes a UCLA cut into the weak side double stagger screen (which they could either use or set a back screen on). Phil's triangle teams used it as well.

Edit: Finished the broadcast. You're a natural at this, GT.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
Haven't finished it yet- great job so far. You're able to identify stuff in real time really quickly.

One action that they kept running that you weren't sure about is the 1-4 UCLA. "Point" passes to wing and makes a UCLA cut into the weak side double stagger screen (which they could either use or set a back screen on). Phil's triangle teams used it as well.

Edit: Finished the broadcast. You're a natural at this, GT.

Very grateful for your expertise. I know like 3 of their main actions, but I got them confused in real time.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:

That would be Epic.
Jakanzi
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject:

Really enjoyed this. Your commentary was about 30 seconds ahead of my stream but it was still interesting in that I would hear what you described and then get a chance to look for it as it happened.

One thing I particularly liked is when you pointed out Portland's halftime adjustments (to give Calderon space) at the start of the third. Would also be curious to hear in the future about any halftime adjustments from Luke, if any.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject:

Jakanzi wrote:
Really enjoyed this. Your commentary was about 30 seconds ahead of my stream but it was still interesting in that I would hear what you described and then get a chance to look for it as it happened.

One thing I particularly liked is when you pointed out Portland's halftime adjustments (to give Calderon space) at the start of the third. Would also be curious to hear in the future about any halftime adjustments from Luke, if any.

Use the pause button!
DD20045
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:35 pm    Post subject:

Fam, how you going to tease us on twitter that you are working on a new Zupac video and then make us wait more than 24 hours?
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:37 pm    Post subject:

DD20045 wrote:
Fam, how you going to tease us on twitter that you are working on a new Zupac video and then make us wait more than 24 hours?

Haha, tomorrow.

Night.

Maybe.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 91, 92, 93  Next
Page 4 of 93
Jump to: