THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3127, 3128, 3129 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
paymonM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:44 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
governator wrote:
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/sean-hannity-who-downplayed-covid-urges-viewers-take-it-seriously-n1274470

I mentioned this in the COVID thread. They must have gotten slapped with a lawsuit or threatened with one.

And oh by the way, Fox requires that all their employees be vaccinated.

the shameless hypocrisy is so blatant. Telling people to risk dying while they themselves got the vaccine

their hypocracy is even worse.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/fox-news-vaccine-passport-clear-pass-1199204/

"Tucker Carlson and other Fox hosts have railed, on-air, against the idea of so-called “vaccine passports” but never told their audience that Fox uses one of its own"
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:57 am    Post subject:

paymonM wrote:
governator wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
governator wrote:
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/sean-hannity-who-downplayed-covid-urges-viewers-take-it-seriously-n1274470

I mentioned this in the COVID thread. They must have gotten slapped with a lawsuit or threatened with one.

And oh by the way, Fox requires that all their employees be vaccinated.

the shameless hypocrisy is so blatant. Telling people to risk dying while they themselves got the vaccine

their hypocracy is even worse.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/fox-news-vaccine-passport-clear-pass-1199204/

"Tucker Carlson and other Fox hosts have railed, on-air, against the idea of so-called “vaccine passports” but never told their audience that Fox uses one of its own"

If I was Nancy Pelosi or any Democrat working on the 1/06 committee I would not allow a Republican to speak or listen to one unless they are speaking under penalty of perjury.

Yesterday that piece of (bleep) Gym Jordan the man who covered for a child molesting wrestling coach said Nancy Pelosi was in charge of Capitol Police on 1/06... I would begin arresting people like him for lying to the public intentionally.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:23 am    Post subject:

This is from Michael Cohen the Boston Globe reporter (not the other one)

Quote:
Michael Cohen @speechboy71

I was just listening on CNN to the audio from Trump's interview with Phil Rucker and Carol Leonnig and I appreciate @brianstelter (obliquely) pointing out what so few reporters have been willing to say ... that Donald Trump suffers from a profound mental illness.

One of the reasons why journalists and ordinary Americans struggle so much with describing Trump is because we frame his actions as somehow being rational or normal. They're not. He's profoundly ill.

For anyone who has dealt with a profoundly narcissistic person it 100 percent screws with your head. You can't understand their actions because you view it through the prism of normal or rational behavior. But their actions aren't normal or rational

People marvel that Trump describes the crowd at the Capitol as "loving" but for someone who can't see beyond their own ego & has no empathy, they were loving. They rioted on his behalf! That to him is a demonstration of love ... that other people were hurt never occurs to him

Shouldn't we as a society have some way to prevent profoundly mentally ill people from running for office?
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:35 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

Shouldn't we as a society have some way to prevent profoundly mentally ill people from running for office?

Many of his voters are ill, too (I suspect).
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:35 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Wilt wrote:
When it was New Yorkers and Californians dying, they didn't care. Now it's places like southwest Missouri where in some areas the vaccination rate is in the lower teens, so their constituents are dying.

I know I sound like a monster for saying this, but I don't really care at this point. I hope it's too late for GOP pleas to their masses to finally vaccinate to make a difference and all those ignorant, selfish red-state aholes get the Darwin Experience in the way that Doctor from Alabama described. And I hope that all the GOP leaders who willingly and knowingly promoted misinformation while they themselves got the vaccination literally watch their voters die off.

Like I said, I know those thoughts are monstrous, but given everything that has happened at the hands of the GOP for the last 5 years I just don't give a (bleep) about anyone who isn't fully committed to doing the right things. Especially now that we know that this new variant is going after kids as well.

Republican politicians don't actually care whether these people die or not. They only care if it gets in the way of them being re-elected or it impedes their ability to enrich themselves, whether that's scamming money from them or leveraging their Trump cultism for their own benefit. That's monstrous. Their policies have been responsible for actually killing people. Your thoughts are only your thoughts. Nothing you think is actually harming these people. But that's not true of people like Death Santis, Trump and the rest.

And by contrast when these people on the other side refuse to wear masks and refuse to get vaccinated, they ARE actually harming the rest of us by prolonging the spread of the virus and allowing the virus to develop even worse more deadly variants, AND they are exposing everyone's children to to the virus and to new strains.

Last edited by ChefLinda on Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:37 am    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Many of his voters are ill, too (I suspect).

Sadly, I agree.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:36 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Wilt wrote:
When it was New Yorkers and Californians dying, they didn't care. Now it's places like southwest Missouri where in some areas the vaccination rate is in the lower teens, so their constituents are dying.

I know I sound like a monster for saying this, but I don't really care at this point. I hope it's too late for GOP pleas to their masses to finally vaccinate to make a difference and all those ignorant, selfish red-state aholes get the Darwin Experience in the way that Doctor from Alabama described. And I hope that all the GOP leaders who willingly and knowingly promoted misinformation while they themselves got the vaccination literally watch their voters die off.

Like I said, I know those thoughts are monstrous, but given everything that has happened at the hands of the GOP for the last 5 years I just don't give a (bleep) about anyone who isn't fully committed to doing the right things. Especially now that we know that this new variant is going after kids as well.

Republican politicians don't actually care whether these people die or not. They only care if it gets in the way of them being re-elected or it impedes their ability to enrich themselves, whether that's scamming money from them or leveraging their Trump cultism for their own benefit. That's monstrous. Their policies have been responsible for actually killing people. Your thoughts are only your thoughts. Nothing you think is actually harming these people. But that's not true of people like Death Santis, Trump and the rest.

And by contrast when these people on the other side refuse to wear masks and refuse to get vaccinated, they ARE actually harming the rest of us by prolonging the spread of the virus and allowing the virus to develop even worse more deadly variants, AND they are exposing everyone's children to to the virus and to new strains.

Just two days ago I was in a Dollar Tree in Longmont.. Rambling away with the manager.. older heavy set white lady who was easy to chat with
.. she told me
about her friend and some others she drank with who harassed her for getting the vaccine.. she didn't care what they thought
.. she said she works with the public and her grandmother is still alive who she visits regularly.. One of the women who talked (bleep)
about vaccines lived with her senior Mother in a cabin out here. Well she died
of Covid.. That woman is in the deepest guilt and regret of her life going home to the empty house
where her mother died potentially due to her Fox News Trump Believing Zombie lifestyle

Our Government allows Fox News to exist for some reason. I wouldn't if I had any say. Canada doesn't allow them be called news iirc?
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:03 pm    Post subject:

CNN: Not all Republicans are embracing McConnell’s vaccine push. Read what some had to say when asked this week

Quote:

Nearly half of House Republicans still won’t say publicly​ whether they are vaccinated against Covid-19, even as new cases rise nationwide.

Some of the 97 Republicans who aren’t sharing their vaccination status told CNN they don’t have a responsibility to model behavior to their constituents.

“I don’t think it’s anybody’s damn business whether I’m vaccinated or not,” Republican Rep. Chip Roy of Texas told CNN. “This is ridiculous, what we’re doing. The American people are fully capable of making an educated decision about whether they want to get the vaccine or not.”

Quote:
In the Republican Senate conference, ​46 of 50 senators confirmed to CNN that they are vaccinated. Only two refuse to say if they are not vaccinated: Sens. Mike Braun of Indiana and Kevin Cramer of North Dakota.

“I don’t feel like it is my job to encourage people to do something that they don’t want to do,” Cramer said

Quote:
And then there are the select few that go further than not disclosing their vaccine status by stating they don’t plan to get vaccinated at all. Two GOP senators, Ron Johnson of Wisconsin and Rand Paul of Kentucky, confirmed to CNN that they are not vaccinated.

Quote:
The silence from some Republicans does even more damage when considering the ​extent of misinformation that ​ some Republican lawmakers are spreading.

Freshman Republican Marjorie Taylor Greene was temporarily suspended from Twitter on Monday after sharing misinformation about Covid-19 and vaccines. Greene, along with fellow freshman Republican Rep. Lauren Boebert, ​have also invoked Nazi-era imagery to mock President Joe Biden’s latest Covid-19 vaccination efforts.

Sen. Ron Johnson, ​one of the two non-vaccinated ​GOP senators, has repeatedly spread vaccine misinformation,​ including a news conference in June and on a right-wing radio show in May.

Yeah, it's not like elected leaders are supposed to actually lead or do something to protect the lives of their constituents.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:32 pm    Post subject:

And the grift goes on.

Washington Post: Trump’s PAC collected $75 million this year, but so far the group has not put money into pushing for the 2020 ballot reviews he touts

Quote:
Former president Donald Trump’s political PAC raised roughly $75 million in the first half of this year as he trumpeted the false notion that the 2020 election was stolen from him, but the group has not devoted funds to help finance the ongoing ballot review in Arizona or to push for similar endeavors in other states, according to people familiar with the finances.

Instead, the Save America leadership PAC — which has few limits on how it can spend its money — has paid for some of the former president’s travel, legal costs and staff, along with other expenses, according to the people, who spoke on the condition of the anonymity to describe the group’s inner workings. The PAC has held onto much of its cash.

Shocking.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:45 pm    Post subject:

The con man and those he cons deserve each other.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:27 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
And the grift goes on.

Washington Post: Trump’s PAC collected $75 million this year, but so far the group has not put money into pushing for the 2020 ballot reviews he touts

Quote:
Former president Donald Trump’s political PAC raised roughly $75 million in the first half of this year as he trumpeted the false notion that the 2020 election was stolen from him, but the group has not devoted funds to help finance the ongoing ballot review in Arizona or to push for similar endeavors in other states, according to people familiar with the finances.

Instead, the Save America leadership PAC — which has few limits on how it can spend its money — has paid for some of the former president’s travel, legal costs and staff, along with other expenses, according to the people, who spoke on the condition of the anonymity to describe the group’s inner workings. The PAC has held onto much of its cash.

Shocking.

What could go wrong?
https://www.rawstory.com/magacoins/
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:28 pm    Post subject:

If someone is reckless with a weapon. And in the process of being reckless, they hurt or kill someone. They are criminally liable.

Heck even if it's something like a vehicle. Something that's sole use isn't to inflict damage. If someone is reckless with it and hurt or kills another person. They are criminally liable.

Same thing should apply for COVID. If the unvaccinated, non-mask wearing people were the only ones getting sick and dying. I'd be okay with it.

But that's not the case. And people need to be held responsible when their stupidity hurts or kills others.

Or better yet, it's the government's responsibility to do whatever they can to prevent it from happening. And they aren't infringing on anybody's "rights" by doing so.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:46 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Starting in August, anyone in France entering a café, restaurant, shopping center, or hospital, or taking a long-distance train, will have to show a special COVID-19 health pass, President Emmanuel Macron announced on July 12, 2021.

Within 48 hours of Macron's announcement, more than 2.2 million vaccination appointments were booked online

Heathline

We should do the same exact thing.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:53 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Quote:
Starting in August, anyone in France entering a café, restaurant, shopping center, or hospital, or taking a long-distance train, will have to show a special COVID-19 health pass, President Emmanuel Macron announced on July 12, 2021.

Within 48 hours of Macron's announcement, more than 2.2 million vaccination appointments were booked online

Heathline

We should do the same exact thing.

Quote:
Gunnison declared a “quarantine against all the world”. It erected barricades, sequestered visitors, arrested violators, closed schools and churches and banned parties and street gatherings, a de facto lockdown that lasted four months.

It worked. Gunnison emerged from the pandemic’s first two waves – by far the deadliest - without a single case.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/01/gunnison-colorado-the-town-that-dodged-the-1918-spanish-flu-pandemic
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:55 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:

That's right. That's been my take on this. It's only when it's ruby red areas and Trump voters and potential 2024 Repub voters are dropping while the libtards are all vax'd will they decide that they care en masse. IF then. I'm no longer surprised by how low their ignorance dips. I'm not 100% sure anything at all will wake these yucks up. Various Republicans suddenly did a coincidental about-face at the same time? Yah, rite. They probably realize that now that the hardest hit areas are all red states/lands, they are gonna look bad for continuing to deny the severity of the virus now that the Delta variant is the most common strain seen. They run the risk of pissing off their own base if and when they come to realize that their own politicians have been dividing them on the issue when it's only them and their families any longer who are dying from it. And the Delta is taking out 30 yr old men who were otherwise healthy before getting it. At some point, Fox is gonna do an aobut face as they generally have already. In the beginning, you had Repubs wearing gas masks and thinking it was funny, whereas now almost everyone one Fox save for Tucker no longer denies that the virus is actually real.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:07 am    Post subject:

Also posted in the COVID thread:

Quote:
Paul Waldman @paulwaldman1

Biden administration desperately trying to get more people vaccinated in hotspots, Republicans basically saying "Go to hell, we'd rather our people die."

"Missouri Gov. Mike Parson has said he opposed any federal officials coming to his state to help with the vaccination campaign, while South Carolina Gov. Henry McMaster warned state agencies against working with anyone from the White House who is promoting vaccination."

BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:29 am    Post subject:

On the bright side, the unvaccinated dumbasses will take themselves out, making the world a better place for the rest of us.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:06 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
On the bright side, the unvaccinated dumbasses will take themselves out, making the world a better place for the rest of us.

And the Darwin Awards will continue to be presented to all the Covidiots who buy the farm because of their dumbassery.

SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:14 am    Post subject:

Quote:
“I don’t think it’s anybody’s damn business whether I’m vaccinated or not,” Republican Rep. Chip Roy of Texas told CNN. “This is ridiculous, what we’re doing. The American people are fully capable of making an educated decision about whether they want to get the vaccine or not.”

Unfortunately it is painfully obvious this is not correct.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:18 am    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
Quote:

Not to mention that we have required the disclosure of vaccination status to enroll our kids in school for decades. The idea that vaccination status is "nobody's damn business" is bogus.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:06 am    Post subject:

Cleveland Guardians… bleh, Wizards part deux

They really can’t come up with better names?
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:43 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:

More appropriate alternatives :

Cleveland Crud

Cleveland Dreck

Cleveland Flotsam
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:21 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:

Sounds like they are appeasing to the proud boy fanbase. Makes sense given their owner.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:27 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
SweetP wrote:
Quote:

Not to mention that we have required the disclosure of vaccination status to enroll our kids in school for decades. The idea that vaccination status is "nobody's damn business" is bogus.

Not to mention that:

1. Possibility of direct infection of others
2. Contribution toward herd immunity threshold
3. Contribution toward breeding ground for (potentially worse) future variants

are three really good reasons why your vax status is my business.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:45 pm    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
SweetP wrote:
Quote:

Not to mention that:

1. Possibility of direct infection of others
2. Contribution toward herd immunity threshold
3. Contribution toward breeding ground for (potentially worse) future variants

are three really good reasons why your vax status is my business.

Look, it is within your rights to choose not to get the covid vaccine but private entity and government entity also have the right to restrict based on the medical danger that you potentially pose to other people… WE HAVE DONE THIS FOR YEARS!!! During the flu season from oct to March, doctors/nurses/other hospital ancillary staffs either choose to get the flu vaccine OR MANDATORY wearing surgical mask during your shift for the whole flu seasons, this has been the rule for years.
So for covid, if gov has the balls to f the politics for a second, then mandatory N95 mask to be worn at indoor work/indoor public places/indoor private business places that requires it, unless you have a valid ‘vaccine passport’ (Which is another dumb PR stunt by the GOP… it’s the damn IMMUNIZATION RECORD!!! That we’ve used for decades)
I’m so sick of these people, covid is coming back to the northeast. I was seeing about 12 positive cases per shift (usually out of 80-100 patients) last year then the vaccine happens and voila, may and June this year, I saw 3 pos cases per MONTH!!! And this month of July, 2-3 pos cases per shift the first 2 weeks and this week it’s 3-5 pos cases per shift (both unvaccinated and breakthru vaccinated cases). We are so damn tired of this.
Sorry for the rant
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3127, 3128, 3129 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 3128 of 3663
Jump to: