THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3086, 3087, 3088 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 4:54 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I see talk Trump's Facebook ban might be lifted. If it's true, WHY?

He's the same blight, he's not changed one iota, he's the narcissistic, racist, misogynistic, homophobic, grifter, derogate he's always been.

What's prompting the talk of lifting his Facebook ban? Is Twitter next?

$$$ for Facebook

Cha-ching.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 5:03 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
SweetP wrote:
jodeke wrote:

He's the same blight, he's not changed one iota, he's the narcissistic, racist, misogynistic, homophobic, grifter, derogate he's always been.

$$$ for Facebook

Cha-ching.

The damn almighty dollar once again raises its ugly head!

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Tue May 04, 2021 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 5:06 pm    Post subject:

Twitter CEO Jack says he hasn't changed his mind on Trump's permanent ban from that platform.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 5:12 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Twitter CEO Jack says he hasn't changed his mind on Trump's permanent ban from that platform.

Good. I think Twitter can be more influential than Facebook.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 5:32 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
SweetP wrote:
jodeke wrote:

$$$ for Facebook

Cha-ching.

And it would be a money maker for Trump too -- he would be running ads continuing the Big Grift. Click here to fight the steal and put Trump back in office!
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 5:41 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
SweetP wrote:
jodeke wrote:

$$$ for Facebook

Cha-ching.

And it would be a money maker for Trump too -- he would be running ads continuing the Big Grift. Click here to fight the steal and put Trump back in office!

Is it legal to ask for money (campaign) on Facebook?

SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 5:51 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
SweetP wrote:
jodeke wrote:

$$$ for Facebook

Cha-ching.

Oh yeah. I volunteer with a non-profit. You can add a direct "donate" button to any Facebook post or link to another site.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 6:09 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
SweetP wrote:
jodeke wrote:

$$$ for Facebook

Cha-ching.

Oh yeah. I volunteer with a non-profit. You can add a direct "donate" button to any Facebook post or link to another site.

So Click here to fight the steal and put Trump back in office! is allowed? If so I guess Facebook can be more beneficial to Trump than Twitter.

Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
And there has only been one person who was an active Russian asset while sitting behind the resolute desk.

I think we are taking past each other here. I think Trump is hands down the worst president ever. My contention was that lost in the horror over him and W before him is the calculated and monumentally effective and competent evil that was the Reagan administration. The levels of democracy and civilization and progress for workers, minorities, and women that they rolled back and the table they set of white Christian male monied dominance and the destruction of so many is jaw dropping. It’s not for nothing that along with his father and Roy Cohn, Reagan and his era was a huge part of building Trump into what he is.

Precisely the point.

The "Reagan Revolution" deodorized southern racism, eviscerated worker's rights, deified greed culture and established White Supremacist Christian Identity as America's State Religion.

And - unlike Trump - Reagan could push all of this while sounding like a gentleman and a person of reason, instead of sounding like a buffoon. Slick, polished, professional and appropriate. Were it not for the fact that there were still some principled Republicans in 1988 (and a competent SCOTUS), Reagan could well have challenged for and gotten a 3rd term.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 1:00 am    Post subject:

About Trump's FB ban maybe being lifted, what some don't realize about the tech industry is that for all the lip service they give to left-wing policies like BLM and LGBTQ rights, it is fiscally right-wing.

That industry wants the Dems to give them huge tax cuts and enact deregulation, and they're against labor unions. They seem more libertarian than liberal, let alone social democratic.

Like almost any other big industry, they're all about $$$.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 2:16 am    Post subject:

FaceBook has been buddy buddy with Trump for a long time. That Russia crap in 2016 couldn't have happened without FB's willful negligence.

I do hold out hope that Twitter will keep him banned forever. As long as he doesn't win President again.
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 5:04 am    Post subject:

Facebook oversight board upheld Trump ban. Nice!
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 5:35 am    Post subject:

trmiv wrote:
Facebook oversight board upheld Trump ban. Nice!

It's only temporary. Come July 7th, Zuckerberg is the sole decision maker about lifting the suspension.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 6:36 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Ben Rhodes @brhodes

You know your country is way off course when the lead story is whether the world's largest disinformation platform run by an unaccountable mega-billionaire will allow a reality show narcissist who attempted to overthrow democracy to post childish insults of people online.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 6:47 am    Post subject:

In time Trump may again be allowed on Facebook. The Almighty Dollar is the main ingredient in the casserole. LINK

Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 7:32 am    Post subject:

shocked anyone has facebook. I know Insta is part of facebook but its a different experience. I use it for research, have never posted anything. Im sure there is hypocrisy somewhere in there but I am still shocked people use facebook.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 7:45 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
In time Trump may again be allowed on Facebook. The Almighty Dollar is the main ingredient in the casserole. LINK

I hope he expires due to natural causes before he ever is allowed to harm our country again. His words are tremendously harmful and abhorrent. I never understood how something so slimy pathetic creepy could even earn a smile no less a supporter. Shameful stain on our supposed "evolvement"

After El Paso, We Can No Longer Ignore Trump’s Role in Inspiring Mass Shootings
https://theintercept.com/2019/08/04/el-paso-dayton-mass-shootings-donald-trump/

Was reading recently more about the Epstein case and the potential that William Barr aggressively sought to be AG so he could protect his family name from Epstein. His Father wrote a science fiction book about oligarchs owning teen sex slaves And TADA He also hired 21yr old no degree having Epstein to teach and groom teen girls at his prestigious school. Trump and Barr are 110% responsible for the death of Epstein

From day one I considered Trump as a terrorist and anyone who supported him as too stupid or too evil to be considered human!
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 8:13 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I hope he expires due to natural causes !

No! we need some accountability. If he died today he would be a martyr.

Let him get popped at the very least for stealing Magats donations.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 11:05 am    Post subject:

Surprised FB upheld the ban. We'll see how long it last. They are missing out on $ by keeping Trump off the platform.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 12:14 pm    Post subject:

I have Facebook and Twitter accounts which I've not posted in. I'm a lurker, watching what my kids and family are into.

I think FB will make money from Trump being able to post but how they'll make money by him being able to I don't understand.

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 3:01 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I have Facebook and Twitter accounts which I've not posted in. I'm a lurker, watching what my kids and family are into.

I think FB will make money from Trump being able to post but how they'll make money by him being able to I don't understand.

The same way TV, newspapers, magazines and other websites make money - they sell advertising space. Some ads are at the top or sides of pages. Some show up in your feed and look like a post with a button to click. They keep track of your shopping habits and show you ads for things you're likely to be interested it. Ditto for your political habits, etc.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 3:54 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
jodeke wrote:

The same way TV, newspapers, magazines and other websites make money - they sell advertising space. Some ads are at the top or sides of pages. Some show up in your feed and look like a post with a button to click. They keep track of your shopping habits and show you ads for things you're likely to be interested it. Ditto for your political habits, etc.

Yes, and if Trump comes back, all the Trumpies that left FB when he was suspended will return, thus generating more ad revenue for them.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 4:05 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Surprised FB upheld the ban. We'll see how long it last. They are missing out on $ by keeping Trump off the platform.

Until July 7th most likely:

the board's decision only says Zuckerberg's initial call to ban Trump was fine, but as far as banning him permanently -- it's kicked that decision right back to Zuckerberg. Essentially, they're not gonna do the dirty work for him.

. . .

The Facebook oversight board has said the former Prez is persona non grata on its platform. Now here's the caveat ... the board decided Facebook -- i.e., Mark Zuckerberg -- can lift the suspension 6 months from the date of suspension.

Trump was banned from Facebook January 7 ... the day after the Capitol insurrection. Facebook determined Trump's incendiary comments contributed to the riot. Zuckerberg posted that there was too great a risk to America if Trump stayed on the platform.

That means Trump could hop back on the platform within 6 months.

PANEL FORCING ZUCKERBERG TO MAKE THE CALL

LINK
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 5:55 am    Post subject:

Somewhere someone lied to a judge regarding mueller report. This has only come out the last couple days so we shall see what happens. What I do know that if gop were in charge and a dem lied the reactions would be swift, loud and heavy handed.

My guess is the only response the dems will give are Nicole Wallace and Rachel maddow reprimanding them to their audience.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 7:33 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Somewhere someone lied to a judge regarding mueller report. This has only come out the last couple days so we shall see what happens. What I do know that if gop were in charge and a dem lied the reactions would be swift, loud and heavy handed.

My guess is the only response the dems will give are Nicole Wallace and Rachel maddow reprimanding them to their audience.

When in the hell are the Dems gonna take the damn gloves off and get down and dirty!!!??? 🤬Scuse my French.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3086, 3087, 3088 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 3087 of 3663
Jump to: