THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3389, 3390, 3391 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:45 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
LakersRGolden wrote:
LarryCoon wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Pretty crazy seeing the flooding from Hurricane Ian.

And 1/2 the country who vote R are happy to throw up their hands at climate change. Bring it up to them. And they minimize the issue.

SNL should do a sketch about it.

Standing outside house that burnt down due to climate change
Republican Voter: "Well there's no point in trying to slow down climate change unless China and everybody else cuts back more."

Standing in chest deep flooding in Florida home
Deathsatis supporter: "The free market will find a solution to climate change. I don't trust government".

The snarky part of me wants to send generators to Martha's Vineyard.

Would those flown to Martha's V. qualify as hurricane refugees? We could send some of those disaster relief $$ their way.

If I was as cold hearted as the Republican politicians Florida voters consistently elect.
I’d tell Florida to shove it. They get NO federal relief $ for hurricane Ian.
Just like when little Marco Rubio voted against hurricane Sandy relief.

Florida should “lift it self up by their own bootstraps”.
It’s a state of “welfare kings and queens”.
“States rights”. The state of Florida has the right to deal with their own problems.

And I’d prosecute the hell out of any Republican voting business owner or home owner who uses undocumented workers to repair the damage from this hurricane.

Those S red hurricane states have bollz to go where they go when California has fires and NY has flooded subways considering they're the states who suck the hardest on the federal teat year after year w/ their hurricanes (of course consistently worse ones now than ever before). And it would be easier to digest if you didn't already know that DeSantis will resume his BS re: Dems and Biden as soon as he doesn't need any more cash. I know that because I knew a Gadsden flag type scumbag who had a big gripe over Biden sending Covid relief checks out that I guarantee you he pocketed while sh-ing on the notion of it as "big govt"/"bailout"/"non-bootstrap", etc. I at least HOPE that Biden doesn't see this BS as finding common ground w/ that creep. I HOPE that naive wish of his is finally gone now. He has made recent comments alluding to that fact, but he is an old dog who fondly remembers the vaunted Reagan years where Congresspeople had relationships/dinners outside of party line.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:32 am    Post subject:

^
Quote:
Tristan Snell @ TristanSnell
18h
All 16 of Florida’s Republican members of the House voted AGAINST federal disaster relief for Florida yesterday.

Quote:
Tristan Snell @TristanSnell
14h
Neither of Florida’s 2 Republican senators voted for Florida to receive federal disaster funds.

Rick Scott voted no.

Marco Rubio did not show up.

[Insert rant about Florida]
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:05 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
^
Quote:
Tristan Snell [ at ] TristanSnell
18h
All 16 of Florida’s Republican members of the House voted AGAINST federal disaster relief for Florida yesterday.

Quote:
14h
Neither of Florida’s 2 Republican senators voted for Florida to receive federal disaster funds.

Rick Scott voted no.

On top of that, a couple of blue states like NJ and Conn have offered to send help -- coast guard, helicopters, etc. and DeathSantis has told them "no thanks." And also DeathSantis and his wife have asked people not to send clothes, water, food etc. but to donate cash to a private "rescue fund" -- and it's being run by his wife. You can't make this stuff up...
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:40 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
kikanga wrote:
^
Quote:
Tristan Snell AT TristanSnell
18h

Quote:
14h

Rick Scott voted no.

On top of that, a couple of blue states like NJ and Conn have offered to send help -- coast guard, helicopters, etc. and DeathSantis has told them "no thanks." And also DeathSantis and his wife have asked people not to send clothes, water, food etc. but to donate cash to a private "rescue fund" -- and it's being run by his wife. You can't make this stuff up...

I vaguely remember a commercial or hearing someone on TV say don't send to private rescue funds and go fund me's. They're scams. The commercial said to donate to Red Cross and such.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:30 am    Post subject:

Also happening in Florida during the hurricane:

Trump, who is a Florida resident and was at Mar a Lago at the time, put out a video on his social network. Was the video asking others to donate to the Red Cross? Did he offer to help put people up at Mar a Lago? Nope, the video was begging his supporters to send him money to pay for his criminal self-defense attorneys.

Then yesterday he flew off to do one of his cult rallies and promoted himself as the "Greatest Show on Earth" and never mentioned the hurricane survivors back in Florida.

How many times do Trump and Republicans have to prove that they only care about themselves and not their constituents?

I guess white supremacy and fascism is a helluva drug.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:31 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
I guess white supremacy and fascism is a helluva drug.

Those are tools of manipulation used on the feeble-minded.

EFF Trump and his MAGAts.

FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:54 pm    Post subject:

NBC News

(NBC News-Telemundo Poll Shows Shift In How Latinos Are Voting)

Quote:
A new NBC News-Telemundo survey backs up a small but important shift in how Latinos are voting. Voters are focusing more on issues rather than sticking with one political party. The poll shows that support for a Republican-controlled congress also jumped five points in two years. NBC News’ Jose spoke to Latino swing voters in Texas, Arizona, and California about how they view the two parties ahead of November’s midterms.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:15 am    Post subject:

David Pakman Show

(Trump Wrongly Assumed Staffers of Color Were Waiters)

Quote:
-- Donald Trump wrongly assumed staffers of color at the White House were waiters, according to a new book
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:30 am    Post subject:

Maggie Haberman Discusses New Book "Confidence Man" | The View

DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:51 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Trump Asks to Push Special Master Appeal Hearing to January

Trump’s lawyers on Monday urged the federal appeals court in Atlanta to deny the Justice Department’s request to expedite the case, arguing Trump’s team is already crunched for time dealing with the special master review and district court action. That includes going over the 11,000 documents, totaling about 200,000 pages, to determine if they’re protected by attorney-client or executive privilege and litigating any fights over those claims, they said.

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-asks-court-push-special-150633619.html
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:52 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Supreme Court declines to hear case on DOJ ‘filter teams’ used in Trump search

The Supreme Court on Monday declined to hear a case about whether the Justice Department (DOJ) can use “filter teams,” such as the one enlisted by the DOJ to begin a review of evidence collected at former President Trump’s home in Mar-a-Lago to determine whether they are privileged.

The Justices denied a writ of certiorari in Korf v. United States, which questioned the legality of “filter team” protocols that allow teams of federal prosecutors and agents not assigned to a given case to review seized documents claimed to be privileged before the privilege question has been resolved.

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/3671767-supreme-court-declines-to-hear-case-on-doj-filter-teams-used-in-trump-search/

So Trump is losing at the appeals court level, and now the Supreme Court level.

All he has is his corrupt district court judge in his pocket as he tries to delay, delay, delay.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:54 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Wall Street Journal rips Trump’s ‘death wish’ rhetoric

The Wall Street Journal’s editorial board slammed former President Trump on Sunday, criticizing his use of the term “death wish” in a weekend attack against Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.).

“We live in a polarized political age when rabid partisans don’t need provocation to resort to violence,” the board wrote. “This makes Donald Trump’s latest verbal assault against Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell all the more reckless.”

“The ‘death wish’ rhetoric is ugly even by Mr. Trump’s standards and deserves to be condemned,” it added.

Trump on Friday said McConnell had a “death wish” for supporting legislation backed by Democrats while calling former Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao, McConnell’s wife, “China loving” and “Coco Chow,” references to her family’s American business that has dealings in China.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/3671632-wall-street-journal-rips-trumps-death-wish-rhetoric/
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:19 pm    Post subject:

I've been here a loooong time. I've never had any fear of democracy failing. That fear is becoming a real worry.

I said it before and I'll say it again, Some Freedoms Of Speech should be curtailed or restricted. I can't shelf them because they're very broad.

Death threats/wishes are one of the freedoms I think should be addressed. They incite 1/6's.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:06 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
‘Pro-Life’ Herschel Walker Paid for Girlfriend’s Abortion

LINK

I was joking with some friends. He's the reverse Herman Cain.
Say what you want about Herman. I won't stop you.
He disgusted me as well.
But 1 thing I will say about him. He drank the kool aid. He lived (and died) some of his beliefs.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:22 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Quote:
‘Pro-Life’ Herschel Walker Paid for Girlfriend’s Abortion

LINK

I was joking with some friends. He's the reverse Herman Cain.
Say what you want about Herman. I won't stop you.
He disgusted me as well.
But 1 thing I will say about him. He drank the kool aid. He lived (and died) some of his beliefs.

Definitely GOING TO HELL WHEN HE DIES
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:24 pm    Post subject:

I wonder.. Has Fox News talked about all the fine Republicans in Florida voting against Hurricane relief? Will Floridians who vote R ever hear about this on Fox?
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:40 pm    Post subject:

CNN

(Haberman book reveals how Trump built his image with false tales)

Quote:
New York Times reporter Maggie Haberman joins CNN’s Jake Tapper to discuss revelations from her new book on Trump’s long pattern of using a kernel of truth to tell false tales that he used to bolster his image.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:42 pm    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
CNN

(Haberman book reveals how Trump built his image with false tales)

Quote:
New York Times reporter Maggie Haberman joins CNN’s Jake Tapper to discuss revelations from her new book on Trump’s long pattern of using a kernel of truth to tell false tales that he used to bolster his image.

This is the P(iece)OS so many other P(ieces)OS voted for . . . twice.

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:58 pm    Post subject:

Anyone thnk Rand Paul didn't show up to the debate because he knows ES&S Voting machines will give him the win like they have him and Turtle for years?
Quote:

It so happens that Kentucky didn't use Dominion machines. 20% of Kentucky's counties used ES&S machines though. In the top 6 counties where McConnell got the biggest % of votes vs registered Reps ALL used ES&S machines...even the 2 counties where historically Mitch NEVER won.
https://twitter.com/grassrootsspeak/status/1336715599993589760

Now I know this thread is about Kentucky but since I'm bringing up ES&S
Lindsey Grahams SC uses ES&S in each county
Most Maine voters ballots go through an ES&S machine
Texas uses ES&S (& rejected Dominion)
Iowa uses ES&S
& Florida Just sayin... Now back to Kentucky
https://twitter.com/GrassrootsSpeak/status/1336715601037979651

A reminder that every accusation is a confession
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:09 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
According to census data Breathitts population is 13,116
Approximately 23% of the population is 19 & under. So let's estimate 20% as under 18

That gives us approximately 10,500 old enough to vote
Yet KY Board of Electors says Breathitt has 11,497 registered voters? huh
https://twitter.com/GrassrootsSpeak/status/1336716595251568642

Quote:
But how would they add voters to voting rolls? You'd need an opportunity. Coincidentally we know... THE SENATE INTELLIGENCE COMMITTEE CONCLUDED ELECTION SYSTEMS IN ALL 50 STATES WERE TARGETED BY RUSSIA Russia wouldn't do it for (bleep) & giggles. Could they have added names?
https://twitter.com/GrassrootsSpeak/status/1336716911279796227

What was Reality Winner incarcerated for *"Hacked" means a successful breach iiuc..
Prosecutors say federal contractor printed classified document detailing how Russia hacked voting equipment vendor and was trying to breach local systems
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jun/05/reality-winner-russia-us-election-hack-nsa-leak
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:22 pm    Post subject:

How can anyone with half a brain vote for Herschel Walker?
He is literally a buffoon….
And Dr. Oz?

Marjorie Taylor Greene?
Lauren Boebert?

Led by the evil orange head dictator…

How can anyone support this party of morons?
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:37 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
And Dr. Oz?

Marjorie Taylor Greene?
Lauren Boebert?

Because they are evil, racist, and/or morons . . . themselves.

Birds of a feather gonna be evil together.

EFF them.

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:11 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
And Dr. Oz?

Marjorie Taylor Greene?
Lauren Boebert?

It is a Mental Disease that I believe is a public health emergency.. Truthfully.
Just reference Ginni Thomas - Wife of a United States Supreme Court Justice
NUTBAG.. both of them... yet filled with power

I wonder how much our educational system was designed to produce citizens who became magatards... people who are unwilling to control their amygdala and think just a little longer.. before exploding.. they're lizard people ready to hiss at any talking points

Brief convo with a neighbor with a rough past.. I rebutted something politely and it went a full 12 360s to how obama this and hillary that and how they should face extreme punishments I don't want to type... ^^THAT level of reactivity is a genetic disease

As much of an American as we all want to be.. I do not trust our voting system anymore. In this digital age and the amount of full imbeciles we have running things... I just do my part

Upcoming - Supreme Court strikes down Voting Rights Act.. hmmm
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:46 pm    Post subject:

MAGAs always existed, it's just that they were kept in the background by the Repub establishment. But these yucks are no shocker at all to the other R politicians. They know these yucks are in their base. Problem is that they've been given a pass to the front by Trump. Estab Rs letting Tea Partiers into the mix was the forerunner of what DT did. They all have no one else to blame for a Trump now. Not that they truly care because the most fundamental thing about Rs is their naked power grabbing tendencies. It's always been by hook or crook. Nixon wasn't even the first to prove it.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:41 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:

And a pathological liar.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2022/oct/04/democratic-senatorial-campaign-committee/did-herschel-walker-misrepresent-his-record-vetera/#sources

How can anyone take his denial about the abortion at face value?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3389, 3390, 3391 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next
Page 3390 of 3673
Jump to: