THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3359, 3360, 3361 ... 3669, 3670, 3671  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:29 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
I'm still astounded that I live a country where 70-million of my fellow citizens literally worship a semi-literate, low-class, lying criminal.

That's one of the drawbacks of our system: The vote of a dumbass is as valuable as one of ours.

Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:28 am    Post subject:

Appears there was a confidential informant at mar a lago that told the fbi exactly what docs were there and where. They targeted a personal safe in a bedroom, an office, and a storage room.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:58 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Appears there was a confidential informant at mar a lago that told the fbi exactly what docs were there and where. They targeted a personal safe in a bedroom, an office, and a storage room.

The set-up/betrayal couldn't happen to a more deserving POS: EFF Trump and ALL his supporters.

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:00 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

This is refreshing to hear.
Hopefully more come forward.

I think the US Govt - after January 6th - -need to offer free therapy for the Trump Cult
Anyone who wants to go down the truth hole can have their minds disinfected for free
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:05 pm    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

The set-up/betrayal couldn't happen to a more deserving POS: EFF Trump and ALL his supporters.

And as governator pointed out Trump betrayed himself by signing the Law that puts him in prison or at least from my understanding will bar him from any elected office.

Also this
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2071
18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
Quote:
(b) Whoever, having the custody of any such record, proceeding, map, book, document, paper, or other thing, willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, falsifies, or destroys the same, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both; and shall forfeit his office and be disqualified from holding any office under the United States.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:47 pm    Post subject:

CNN

(‘The hypocrisy is jaw-dropping’: Honig on Trump taking the Fifth)

Quote:
CNN’s John King and legal analyst Elie Honig discuss former President Donald Trump’s past statements on the Fifth Amendment after news broke that he declined to answer questions in a scheduled deposition with New York Attorney General Letitia James.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:25 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
I'm still astounded that I live a country where 70-million of my fellow citizens literally worship a semi-literate, low-class, lying criminal.

We’ll, he essentially gave them permission to openly be the POS racist vermin they are.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:43 pm    Post subject:

Ha, this is hilarious...

https://twitter.com/ProjectLincoln/status/1557481553524953088
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:44 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

We’ll, he essentially gave them permission to openly be the POS racist vermin they are.

THIS He didn't just crack the closet door he kicked it off the hinges.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:52 pm    Post subject:

FBI warrant for search of Trump home may involve suspected violations of Espionage Act, former chief of DOJ national security says

LINK

Interesting read. What stood out to me was the mention of public records.

Quote:
McCord said that the Espionage Act is one of two federal crimes that prosecutors may be focusing on in their warrant to search Trump’s home. The other, she said, is another federal statute that targets anyone who “willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, falsifies or destroys public records.”

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:40 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

Aside from the presidential records -- can you say Kompromat?
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:40 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Ha, this is hilarious...

Excellent.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:46 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Ha, this is hilarious...

Excellent.

It mentioned Melania. Has anyone heard from her of late? She and Barron have dropped off the radar.

Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:14 pm    Post subject:

A lot of talking heads are talking about how the “raid” is “backfiring” by being a loud affair that is making Trump stronger within the party, but that in and of itself may be a political win. Trump, especially wounded with independents, is a much better 24 opponent than DeSantis. Biden won precisely because right of center leaning independents and republicans were tired of Trump.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:08 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
FBI delivers subpoenas to several Pa. Republican lawmakers: sources say

https://tinyurl.com/mr3u5c5s

I don't know what's going on. But I like it.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:35 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

Here's a little taste of the mindset of the GOP Trumpsters . . .

REP. ERIC SWALWELL
DEATH THREATS LEFT ON RACIST, HOMOPHOBIC VOICEMAIL

Very NSFW . . . not safe for anywhere really . . .
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:29 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Quote:
FBI delivers subpoenas to several Pa. Republican lawmakers: sources say

https://tinyurl.com/mr3u5c5s

I don't know what's going on. But I like it.

I do not envy the FBI at all... Can you imagine.. They are like.. "Holy (bleep) Batman.. Look at these phones... We have 100 hundred cases here to deal with"

Was reading that the 15? boxes they told him to give back was 15 boxes of (bleep) her personally printed out and took home

I am guessing this is way more serious than voter scandals etc.. National Security

When people were talking about the type of secret data he could be selling it reminded me of one of the top generals who was talking with Melania and she was asking a lot about locations of US Nuclear Missiles.. he remarked on how knowledgeable she seemed to be.. I'll find it

Why is she asking for this info or conversing on it..

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/7/22/1963019/-WaPo-Joint-Chiefs-vice-chair-spoke-with-Melania-Trump-about-where-U-S-ICBMs-are-deployed-Why
Quote:
According to The Washington Post reporting, U.S. Air Force Gen. John E. Hyten, the vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, the military’s second-highest-ranking officer allegedly was quizzed by Melania Trump about the location of the United States’ ICBMs.

“I also spent a lot of time talking to Melania Trump about the locations of all our intercontinental ballistic missile fields. She was more inquisitive and smarter than the president.”

The linked story Daily Kos produced theirs with is way long.. and it seems this general quoted above.. had a woman accusing him of sexual assault and Trump picked him.. *"I'll protect you if you help me" type of thing<<?

Quote:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/retired-col-kathy-spletstoser-wasnt-able-to-stop-joint-chiefs-vice-chairman-gen-john-hyten-from-being-confirmed-but-shes-not-done-with-him/2020/07/21/47855cfa-a1c1-11ea-9590-1858a893bd59_story.html
“The president is an idiot,” Spletstoser says Hyten told her and other staffers, according to notes she says she took during a briefing on the meal and later provided to investigators. “He is just a businessman without the basic understanding of national security. Everything is a business transaction for him and making money is winning to him and the only thing that matters.”

Hyten went on to say, according to Spletstoser’s notes, that “the president wanted to sell nuclear-powered submarines to the South Koreans, and I had to talk him out of it, explaining why this was a bad idea. Everything is about a business deal — that is how the president views things, through that lens.

“I also spent a lot of time talking to Melania Trump about the locations of all our intercontinental ballistic missile fields. She was more inquisitive and smarter than the president.”

FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:00 pm    Post subject:

CNN

(Inside the alleged plot to have Bolton assassinated)

Quote:
The US Justice Department announced criminal charges against a member of Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps for allegedly trying to orchestrate the assassination of John Bolton, who served in senior national security positions during the Trump and Bush administrations.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:21 am    Post subject:

Finally! Dems getting down and dirty and not being afraid to talk trash in the face of opponents.

Love this clip of Beto O'Rourke calling out someone who laughed at him during a town hall when he talked about how insanely lenient our gun laws are re: the Uvalde school shooting.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/si3Re14sToU

Quote:
Beto: It may be funny to you MF'er, but it's not funny to me.

Almost everyone else in attendance launched into vociferous cheering.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:00 am    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

That's one of the drawbacks of our system: The vote of a dumbass is as valuable as one of ours.

actually more when it comes to legislative representatives, takes more vote to get a blue senator from cali then a red one from anywhere else
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:13 am    Post subject:

The noose is tightening. What will come may set a new precedence. I like what Garland is doing. He's a pleasant surprise to me.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:21 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Here's a little taste of the mindset of the GOP Trumpsters . . .

REP. ERIC SWALWELL
DEATH THREATS LEFT ON RACIST, HOMOPHOBIC VOICEMAIL

Very NSFW . . . not safe for anywhere really . . .

KKK belief is alive and not well. WHITE SUPREMACY!!!

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:44 am    Post subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/GeorgeTakei/status/1557166291051487234
Quote:
When the FBI reopened its case against Hillary Clinton for allegedly mishandling government records, with just 11 days to go till the 2016 election, not a single liberal threatened violence or civil war.

6:45 PM · Aug 9, 2022
·
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:24 am    Post subject:

Feds Charge Iranian Operative in Plot to Assassinate Former Trump Officials

LINK

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:39 am    Post subject:

After Trump, Republican politicians and Fox News have spent the last few days attacking the FBI and baselessly accusing them of planting evidence against Trump, now we have a yahoo trying to shoot up an FBI field office.

Cause ---> Effect

Quote:
NBC 15 News @mynbc15

Attack on the FBI building in Cincinnati: Interstate I71 North is shut down after suspect drove toward Waynesville Ohio. Unconfirmed reports say his now firing at police from a corn field.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3359, 3360, 3361 ... 3669, 3670, 3671  Next
Page 3360 of 3671
Jump to: